Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I Didn't Come Here For The Halibut., The Quest for Fish! (OPEN)
Moby Dick
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 12:14 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

The two of them had been aboard the train for quite a while, and they had barely spoken a word. Of course, there was no small reason for this. The two passengers in question were none other than Roshi Bento - the currently sulking and irritated artist, scuptor, and performer of Edo Bugei - and his brother, Agito, who was not sulking...but generally irritated with his brother for not taking things seriously. They'd had this argument before, of course. Agito was very serious about the family business, Odachi Foods, while Roshi just didn't find it all that interesting.

"Well, it doesn't matter whether you find it interesting or not. This family receives, distributes, and sells whole foods and packaged meals. That's just how it is, and you'd do well to learn the ropes. That's why he sent the both of us, even though I'm the one who's sure to do all the work. You're too much of a slacker, Roshi..."

The 'he' that Agito was referring to was the 'Mr. Odachi' of Odachi Foods, that being Tohru Bento, their father. Their business depended upon the influx of different food-related resources from different places, to provide the common man and noble families alike with their desired sustenance. Towards that end, they had a problem. Their distributor in Chugoku was not sending as much as was in the contract drawn up by the two business owners. Because, of course, their dad was heavy into boisterously micro-managing his employees and their duties, he had gotten them both passes and permits to travel this way. And now - At last! - they were arriving at the station!

Kind of a strange sailor town, really. There could even be pirates around! Well, it was a major port and a fisherman's locus, so that much figured, at least. For the record, Roshi was NOT excited. Yes, he never traveled and, yes, he DID want to...but not on business. He was essentially being forced to tag along with his older brother while said older brother determined what exactly was going on around here. Really, the fishmongers and whatnot in charge on this end hadn't said anything about what was wrong, or anything at all! It had taken an outrage at the fish count at Odachi Foods for their father to learn of this. Who knows what's going on out here?

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 11:30 AM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

Disembarking from another car did a sandal wood haired girl yawned sleepily and followed the rest of the passengers off to the Chugoku region of Japan. Long train rides always made her sleepy when staring outside the window. Generally speaking, it was way out to what most would consider to be the more country side part of the island nation and far out of reach for a normal weekend trip. This trip was brought upon by several factors though, factors that she continued to be in denial of since becoming an elite student, as the girl reached for her lightened duffel bag. The bag was normally for school but now gutted to be her day trip bag. She gingerly took out a travel flyer of the area and skimmed through the important landmarks and names. She had today to travel this far south and head back by nightfall as her time goal and that goal was to pick up some local produce. Specifically speaking was, well, anything. Going to the source tends to be cheaper and healthier as the elders would love to testify in the markets of Edo when complaining about high prices for convenience.

"Looks easy to navigate," Suishoku spoke lightly to herself while dressed in loose summery clothes of a mint green blouse and a long skirt reaching down past her knees. Resting in an inner breast pocket was her relic, always on her person for multiple reasons that soon boiled down to it being a part of her than just for safe keeping. Speaking of the word safe, there was always a stir of rumors when going this far south about the Mori clan. It wasn't in her general expertise or knowledge to know more than rumors but the newly appointed elite year student hoped the day would go smoothly. Her real reason of being here was to do some shopping.

The new apartments the students now lived in was too far away and lacked the comforts of the cafeteria or in dorm cafe to get a quick meal before class. It was also a bit further out from the school than many would have liked so it was time to wake up extra early if anybody planned to walk or take the train to school. Thus came the wonders of going to the local 24/7 store for that attentively warmed noodle dish to take to the room and eat there. Not that it really helped the diet as Suishoku patted her stomach a bit from gaining a few pounds in the process. It can easily be shaved off thanks to the training Edo Bugei puts its students through but it was high time to have something different for a change. With all this in mind, Suishoku smiled confidently at her incognito disposition and headed for the fish markets to see what was out there. Preferably something cut, descaled, and gutted so cooking it would be a faster process.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 25 2016, 03:47 AM

Story Teller

If you wanted to find fish in the area, that was no problem. It was pretty much everywhere Chugoku, in various stages of its existence. Live in the sea, caught in the net, barreled for delivery, fresh for sale or for preparing into some other state before the sale. All was available in this town, insofar as the fish was concerned. Just looking at the different outlets either made you hungry for sushi...or it did not. It depends on your general disposition.

For Agito's part, he was more focused on the task at hand and eliminating all other distractions for the time being. This proved to be most irritating for two reasons: First, he wasn't finding what he was looking for. And second, Roshi was driven to distraction and thoughts of lunch. Trying to get him to see reason on this matter was like arguing with your cat. You might make some headway, maybe, and if you did...it wouldn't stick. Still, he tried.

"Business before pleasure, little brother. Hungry people are driven to success so that they may eat in comfort, knowing their accomplishments."

"Quoting dad doesn't convince me, and doesn't that mean we should be motivating people to be hungry, not feeding them?"

"No, of course not. We provide the end-goal, the satisfying meal they're working towards. A meal isn't just food. It's a milestone."

"Urrrgh...stop doing that. Don't we hear from him often enough? Give me a break, bro."

"Help me out and maybe I will. We need directions to Wataki Fishery. I can't find it. This place is much bigger than I thought it would be. Here, maybe that local knows where it is."

So, remember how Agito was eliminating what he considered to be unimportant details from his search, and Roshi was too distracted to be paying much attention to...anything? Well, because of that, neither of them had been aware of the fact that the 'local' that Agito had decided to confront was, in reality, a girl who had actually been on the same train. They approached the idle shopper as she was looking over things and...

"Miss, could you possibly help us out? We're a bit lost."

Of course, the very moment Roshi saw who it was, he decided to take over with a great deal of feigned enthusiasm as he stepped in front of his brother and spoke very excitably.

"Yes, we're looking for Wakati Fishery, and need the directions of a local whom we've clearly never met before in order to find it."

For her part, Suishoku would of course recognize Roshi Bento, but perhaps not Agito Bento. Putting that aside, Roshi had put together this energetic display - which was the norm for him - so that he could then put on a deadpan expression out of the view of his brother and mutter the words "Please help me." in a low voice that only she would be able to hear. Fortunately, this wasn't a fearful look of desperation from those of the life-threatened, but rather the groan-worthy situation of one who is bored out of his skull, so at least Suishoku wouldn't have to resort to violence.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Oct 29 2016, 06:27 PM

Platinum Poster

The place was so new to her that Suishoku constantly had to check her map and the footnotes that came with it to determine where to go based off those recommendations. Several markets to choose from and businesses to see personally. "I should pick somewhere near another store or cafe if they lack a restroom..." She muttered when a man with slightly long black hair and a sharp nose approached her for directions. "Ah, actually," the girl began to explain when an unexpected fave came butting in between them. "Ro," the name formed with a confused look crossing her face.

"Yes, we're looking for Wakati Fishery, and need the directions of a local whom we've clearly never met before in order to find it."
"Please help me."

Taking the hint that something was very amiss, though not clear as to why, Suishoku quickly sped up her tone to catch on to the main topic. "Ro..ight then," she slurred and check her map for the name while avoiding their gaze. It's strange that Roshi is acting like this and lack of reactivity on his lie. The stranger with him must not know any better. "Um, one moment. We're here then..." She counted the roads with her finger nail till finding Wakati Fishery. "It looks like a long walk from here. About ten streets south then west if we went in a straight line." Having declared this to answer their questions, this Wakati place might be worth looking into. By name it sounded like a factory or something. "Mind I come along? I'm out shopping for dinner and hoping to find some good deals."

--------------------

PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 2 2016, 03:25 PM

Story Teller

'Roight then'. What an accent! Agito was completely fooled, although to be fair...it's hard for him to see the part where Roshi was covering for her when it was no less outlandish than any time he was acting out. He just never understood why he DID that stuff, sometimes. He did find it curious that a local would be using a map, but everyone gets lost now and again, so he made nothing of it. His mind focused more upon the relief that he would soon arrive at the location desired and be able to take care of business.

Roshi, for his own part, was trying to figure out a way that Suishoku could divert Agito's attention long enough for him to escape, maybe get some lunch and do anything other than have to be stuck along with his brother, doing this work. He was currently thinking of a cunning and clever plan to get away...when Suishoku immediately dashed his thoughts by offering to come along.

"Certainly. I mean, why take chances?"

"Yeah, why take the chance of getting lost?"

Of course, the glare from Roshi right now that Suishoku might've caught was that he would have most-definitely preferred that. Instead, they were moving right by various vendors and such in pretty much the implied straight line, the straight-and-narrow as one might say. Agito was not moving at any quickened pace. He was just keeping his brother in sight. Of course, he couldn't see him talking if he was some matter of feet behind him, couldn't hear him talk if he spoke to the girl in a low voice. Roshi sort of sighed and said...

"So, what brings you to the fish capital? The fish, I assume. I'd love to try some, but bro here demands work be done first."

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Nov 3 2016, 02:02 AM

Platinum Poster

The glare went unnoticed as Suishoku laughed a bit nervously and walked alongside Roshi as the other man seemed to follow not far behind them. The busy market was enough out drown out most noise as she held onto her map but slid her other hand for a forgiveness prayer at Roshi's direction. "Sorry," she hissed back at him for reading the message wrong of what he wanted. "you weren't really clear [on the help]. I figured if you wanted to run away, you could have any time you'd want to." She answered without being fully anointed that there was a reason why Roshi couldn't just slip away in his usual Roshi fashion. He certainly didn't want her to mention that they were both classmates back at Edo Bugei so a minor degree so there goes lying about some made up class project on sea life. "I'll think up something down the road...and maybe give you half me dinner when we get back to the apartments," Suishoku continued to try and make it up to Roshi.

"So, what brings you to the fish capital? The fish, I assume. I'd love to try some, but bro here demands work be done first."

"Yes fish. I thought to cook for myself this time but it's is so expensive thanks to the shipping fees and in city pricing. It'd spice up the change in those delicious convenient store noodle dishes. Not sure what to get yet but hopefully something that'll last the trip back. Didn't expect to find you here at all."

With that apologetic mess dealt with was there another issue that needed to be questioned. "Soo...who's that strange guy with you? You both look nothing alike." Suishoku asked while looking over her shoulder to observe the dutiful man keeping a set pace after them before turning to Roshi for an answer.

--------------------

PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 8 2016, 01:21 AM

Story Teller

Well, the running wasn't the hard part. He could have done at any time. It was the staying gone that was the hard part. He had to be able to make a clean getaway, or else it was just a hopeless chase scene, in this case. It's not something that Roshi could hope to convey that easily, given the circumstances. At least, not at the time... Still, Suishoku's offer for later was generous, though in regards to dinner, he had to be polite.

"That's very kind of you, but I wouldn't steal part of your dinner like that."

She mentioned that her presence here had to do with shipping fees. Wait... The shipping fees were up, as well? Agito said this was about quotas not being met. That was strange... Perhaps it was both, one causing the other. That didn't feel right for some reason. Regarding his presence, and his classmate's reference to the adult male following them at a regular pace...

"Ah...well...he takes after dad more, in looks and boring business sense. My brother, Agito Bento, looking into a problem with the fish delivery to the family business."

So, in short order, he admitted that the guy behind them was family AND that he had a family business in foodstuffs that would relate importantly with the fishing industry in this area. It didn't exactly explain Roshi's own presence, per se, but it said at least that his presence was not entirely unusual. He flashed a quick funny grin.

"I have mom's looks. It shows, doesn't it?"

From behind, Agito paid no great attention to the conversation he couldn't exactly hear ahead of him. To his mind, Roshi was just striking up a conversation with a local lady, as he had no idea at all that they were peers.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Nov 8 2016, 01:52 AM

Platinum Poster

"Guess I'll have to become a better cook then so you won't refuse next time," Suishoku chuckled some as she checked with the street signs of how much closer they were getting to the factory. Still a lengthy walk but they were covering ground quickly due to the lack of distractions and smaller street size that it was soon to be a turn and a straight way to the factory from that point on.

She moved her head slightly to look at the odd man once Roshi revealed that this was his brother in disbelief. They look nothing alike! Were her thoughts by these near perfect strangers. Well, maybe they kinda share the same nose.

"I have mom's looks. It shows, doesn't it?"

The words caught her at a brief laugh as Suishoku scratched her cheek at the third year's enthusiasm. "Well, it's gotta come from somewhere," was her answer. Granted that she's never seen the rest of his family to know where did his looks come from but if his brother got the father's half then logically, Roshi got the mother's...or grand mothers. Generational skips happen.

"So what would you guys say would be the best fish to take for the season at a reasonable price? My backup plan was for Horse mackerel but they're always available year long."
As they closer they got to the factory and where most stores were far closer to their immediate sources, they could hear and see signs advertising fish supposedly 'straight' from the Wakati Fishery.

--------------------

PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 06:26 PM

Story Teller

As much as Suishoku was confused by the not-quite-resemblance between Roshi and Agito Bento, Agito was one to immediately jump to certain conclusions when left to his own devices. He was something of a judgemental person, and so while he did not currently know that these two were - in reality - peers at Edo Bugei, he was naturally making some assumptions about Roshi immediately launching into a hushed conversation with tthis girl they 'just met'. Assumption #1 was that he was planning to recruit this girl against him to make some kind of escape...which was actually on the money, in its own right. He guessed that, of course, because it's what Roshi wanted.

Assumption #2 was a bit weirder of a thought, which he was unsure of how to resolve in the Big Book of Roshi, that he might be flirting with her. It's not that he did not think his brother capable, just that he'd never seen it to know what it looked like when HE, of all people, tried it. More on this later, without a doubt, but for now the girl chuckled at something he said and he laughed with her and said something else, which of course he couldn't hear...because he didn't feel that it was appropriate at this stage. What Roshi said, to get back to their end of things, was...

"Next time, for sure, but not to apologize for any of this. You're fine, honest."

As for appearances, Roshi naturally assumed that his mother was responsible for his looks because...well...she didn't look like a big stern idiot who was about as subtle as a sledgehammer. Granted, his father was competent at his job, but his personality was...ugh, and Agito was only better in that he was more polite and patient. They were closing in now on the Wakati Fishery, almost in sight if not practically there. Suishoku now asked a question that was addressed to both of them. Agito closed in as he was having to talk over a number of people shouting their wears.

"I'm partial to the Snapper family. They have good staying power and they keep well."

"Great White Shark, all the way!"

Agito's brow furrowed at this sudden announcement.

"Great White is hard to catch, due to the danger involved, and generally costs more."

"But it tastes great!"

"So does the Snapper."

"People like it 'cause it's different. That's why they buy it."

"And they buy the Snapper for reasons that I've said. You never consider these things, Roshi. She asked for a reasonable price."

"She also asked for the best."

You now have these boys figured to a T. Roshi was quality, Agito was quantity. Not that there was anything wrong with Snapper. It's quite good. It's just that Roshi felt it kind of a 'Meh' answer to give, under the circumsances.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 12:52 AM

Platinum Poster

The argument that broke out began to gather the attention of others to see the two boys demand over a Snapper and a Shark. Suishoku never saw a heated argument between siblings like this before but was amazed at how it started out so simply over fish. Shark being a personal favorite for one of them as she never imaged about cooking shark before but did recall someone else trying a certain shark that made her wary of what a normal one would taste.

"Let's just see what they have in stalk and go from there?" She asked the two boys who may or may not have heard her. Their argument caused some merchants to then call out to them to try gaining their favors of red snapper and shark from either one. Some sounded like a steal, as little aware of what the real market value truly was for Suishoku, but the bargains shifted to a standing war of which fish was better among the shop stalls.

"Snapper is better!"
"No, sea urchins are!"
"Those aren't in season fool, salmon is king!"

The voices began to swell into an infectious argument of passion for their one true preference all thanks to Roshi and his brother's battling. On the onset of things, she did have to agree with Agito for his favor on the price but not with the chaos that began from it just as they arrived to Wakita Fishery no less.

--------------------

PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 21 2016, 10:23 AM

Story Teller

It's kind of surprising, actually, that the argument of two young men would become a catalyst for others to begin same, but that is apparently what happened. Other merchantts and stalltenders began to shout their own opinions at each other, regardless of whether or not it had anything to do with the two options opinioned by Roshi and Agito. None of them were actually innvolved in the discussion between the two at all. It just seemed to happen and take on a life of its own, like from some kind of tense feeling in the air giving way to such things. As Suishoku suggested their moving on, both brothers had a simultaneous reaction.

"Hmm, yes. Salmon IS king."
"Hmm, yes. Salmon IS king."

Complete with nodding and thoughtful expression. It was kind of funny, also kind of ridiculous. Well still...Wakati Fishery, right out in front. Time to go see the fishmen. The actual fishery was perfectly ordinary insofar as such buildings go. No doubt it had workers with their knives and other implements going at the catch of the day. However, they would not see that, just yet, because there was an unexpected sight: Guards. Two men, bokuton in hand. They were wearing workers' overalls and such, but they were stationed like a couple of palace guards. In fact, they stepped in Agito's way just like that!

"What is this?"

"Do you have some business here?"

"Yes, I do, actually. Might I ask what reason you have to bar me?"

"Mr. Osato may not be entertaining guests today."

"Osato? I thought the owner was Wakati, as in the sign on the door."

"Wakati's out. Osato's in."

"Change of management. I see. Well, regardless, I represent Odachi Foods."

"Ahh, business partners... That's different...maybe."

"Why 'maybe'?"

"I'll leave that to the boss to decide. I just keep out the unwanted. I'll let 'im know you're here."

He stepped inside. Roshi was lost, but he had the distinct impression that something was very wrong. Agito had a notion of it, but not in the same way. He thought he'd found the reason for the delay, and he was not yet seeing the big picture. However, Roshi felt the tension in the market before, and now they had this. Something major had happened. He could tell.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 05:51 AM

Platinum Poster

A brief laugh left her at the two men suddenly adopting the royal salmon stance as they left the market in their hiked up war of which fish was prime for the dinner table. Salmon coming to head as a real contender by the time their group had left to arrive at the fishery. Suishoku assumed and expected it to be mostly, and heavily, drenched in the smell of fish and somewhat laxed security with mostly heavy shipments leaving said facility. Instead what they were greeted to were two very stern looking guards that had Suishoku think of Murata-san, one of Nobu's family guards, on a displeased day.

Agito took lead while Suishoku stopped to watch the scene unfold. Fish is a serious and important commodity but the way the guards acted was like the building behind them held bigger treasure or a lord of all the fisheries. By the gruff manner of the guards toward Agito would they all find that this fishery has gone under a change in ownership. A little strange that the name was not changed as well as though this new business had just taken root over night. Suishoku looked to Roshi at a loss of what to do. Agito appeared to have more direct business with Wakita Fishery while she was just here to shop.

The map she held was soon folded and put away in her back as she turned to Roshi if he knew of the name. "Maybe I'll hang out here till you guys finish. Anyway, you know who Osato is?" She asked Roshi before raising a hand to the guards. "Excuse me, I'd like to see if it's possible to buy fish directly from the factory. Does Wakita Fishery allow that or is there a store outlet near by?" She attempted with a gut feeling that they likely won't grant her entry by her level of business request as a low priority customer.

--------------------

PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Nov 30 2016, 06:00 PM

Story Teller

It was very odd to find these two tough-looking men guarding the fishery like some sort of imperial palace. Granted, they hadn't taken it quite so far as to treat it like royalty and appear that they'd taken leave of their senses, but they were fairly serious about keeping people out of the property. Agito found it especially confusing, since it was a fishery. What could they possibly be protecting - besides fish - with such gusto? When Suishoku glanced over at Roshi, he was completely at a loss, shrugging and shaking his head. No idea what this was all about. Agito continued talking to the remaining guard to try and get some answers as Roshi was asked about this Osato.

"Never heard of him. I don't think he has either."

He said this, indicating his growing-increasingly-irritated brother, who was making almost no headway. The man held up a hand to interrupt him when Suishoku asked her quesion.

"We are only handling small and large businesses att this time. Boss Osato desires his place in the market to be understood perfectly clear. That said, negotiating with him is your business. Just don't waste his time."

The way he said 'Boss Osato' would likely give them pause for a moment. It certainly did in the case of the brothers Bento. The whole thing had a suspicious ring to it. The other guy came out and reinforced this, saying "Boss Osato will see you now.". That tension outside, these guards, this sudden takeover... This wasn't about simply about a failure in distribution, was it? Well, Agito had to go in. And Roshi...reluctantly had to, as well. Much as he didn't like dealing in family business, this was still family, and that meant he had to watch Agito's back. He gave Suishoku a careful look, though, because he knew that she had some true fighting ability...and they may need it.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 12:21 AM

Platinum Poster

Roshi's clueless look summed up the case that no one here knew of this new Boss that has taken over. May have been very recently thanks to little efforts in changing the current market name. Thoughts of this place being a fish yakuza like she saw in a movie since the two very intimidating guards continued to refer the new owner as 'Boss' and strictly just that. Still there was another bit of confusion and word choice that also tipped her off into thinking along the lines of yakuza stuff. Why were they stressing about their position in the market to be clear? Rivalries in the business world logically are strong armed so it wasn't too far fetched for the fishing industry is strong enough for a simple argument of species could trigger a heavy debate. What she did not know was the true weight of the Wakita Fishery name. It may also be possible that local fisheries just have it rougher but who honestly hires guards for a fish factory?

Suishoku rubbed her head as she tried to make sense of what was going on before her imagination went too deep in a movie like premise. Regardless of whatever speculation the trio could come up with, finding out from an actual meeting would answer a lot. Or so she had hoped. The girl bowed to the guards and joined Roshi and Akito inside to give the guards the assumption that they were all together. Roshi looked to most worried as though he too shared suspicions about what's going on. "I wonder what happened to the previous owner if he had to sell the fishery to the Boss," she commented aloud to try luring some answers on that. "With the new ownership, wouldn't the business name be changed with it eventually."

--------------------

PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Dec 9 2016, 09:49 AM

Story Teller

The guards were, in fact, new around here. This was not a common practice at all. Things were actually not that rough around here, except of course for the usual hardy working man stuff. The sudden appearance of guards meant that things had gotten rough, on purpose. A pair of even bigger thugs stepped out to replace the ones that were escorting them inside. There appeared to be normal workers and such once they were in there, but it definitely carried that feeling of 'wrong'. Every time there was a slowdown, a nearby tough would start to carry on threateningly and get them to work faster. Agito glared at that for a moment. His father was strict and worked people hard, but he was no slavedriver. Their escort simply stated, as the questions were pressed...

"Gambling debts. The boss doesn't care about the sign, just the business."

He said that while grinning like a shark. You could tell for sure, since they'd certainly managed to pass one on the way here. For himself, Roshi hated that he'd been dragged into this mess, and he also kind of hated that he pulled Suishoku into it, but frankly...this was looking more and more like the two brothers would be a little out of their depth, no pun intended. It was weirdly good fortune that they'd met a Bugei student out here. They soon came to an office where a stout man in a robe with glasses was at a desk, looking over some figures. He kind of looked like he was administration, but his stern look said that he had more in common with another kind of business.

"Who are they?"

"Odachi Foods."

"Tch. Sending children..."

He got up. Holy... He stood a head taller than the nearest man! The aged boards making up the room's floor creaked in protest as he stepped around the desk to confront them.

"Hey, what's with this insult? I wanted to see the head man, not some messanger boy!"

Roshi backed up a step from this without thinking. This man was bigger and tougher than his own father, and potentially a worse attitude. He seemed to visibly shrink from the man. Agito was use to dealing with this, and employed his usual calm-yet-firm demeanor when dealing in this manner. He did not care about the man's insults, to or from him. He was here to do a job.

"The business manager is too busy to come himself at this time. I am the assistant manager, Agito Bento. I'm here to ask you why you've halted nearly all shipments to Edo. You clearly have the fish, and you have the contract. Why are you not honoring the agreement?"

"Your agreement was with Wakati."

"Our agreement was with this company, and his sign is still on the door. Just what is going on in this place?"

At this, Boss Osato smiled. It was not pleasant.

"Nothing's going on. You're just taking orders from us is all, or you're not getting product."

Roshi facepalmed.

"Dammit, it is the Fish Mafia..."

Mr. Wakati had clearly taken a loss at the gambling tables, his business had been cleared out, and now the owners of said gambling den - either Osato's people or someone even higher than him - had taken over and were doing things their way.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere