Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Expanding Territory
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 01:46 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

"It's funny you mention something like that..."

She had been under a rock, and then in a coma as a result of that.

"No, nevermind that. You're an unknown to me, and you made no attempt to show that you were allowed to have a gun, except by demonstrating that it was a Relic. And even then, firing it at me made me think you were just some drop-out outlaw with a chip on his shoulder."

It certainly fit. Tough guy act, gun on his belt, condescending attitude, shooting first and asking questions later... We should point out that Makoto isn't entirely blind to the irony here, but from her perspective, she was acting open-honestly, and he was being a shifty pain-in-the-neck.

"I only tried to disarm you, because you looked dangerous and you pointed a gun. D'you know what you should've done? You should've said 'I'm a Scion of the Iga Clan.', not 'Do you know who I am?'."

My god... That sounded like Jason Statham, for a moment! How is that even possible? Makoto was also gathering her stuff while she was talking, slipping the bags back onto the pole of her pole-arm.

"If I knew who you were, I wouldn't have mistaken you for exactly what you look and act like. I barged with good intent, and I didn't blow anything up."

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 09:09 AM

Story Teller

Member No.: 28

Kitsu sighed very audibly, arms still folded. "The first time you have to fight one on one for your life, you'll understand. It doesn't start with pleasantries anymore. There is no samurai code that says 'introduce yourself and then wait for them to do the same' anymore. When a weapon is drawn, it's time for action."

He cleared his throat and sighed again. "I also don't flaunt my clan that much because...I am the Iga clan. The line ends with me. As far as I know anyway..." He seemed irritated to explain this, but also a forlorn look that suddenly showed a soft side to him, especially his expression, which to this point had been cold and rigid. There were supposedly three families that made up the Iga clan, the Momochi, the Fujibayashi, and the Hattori. And it seemed that the only one holding onto the Iga legacy was the last two remaining Momochi, Kitsu and his father, after the dark history of what became of most of the clan.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 02:59 PM

Story Teller

Unbelievable. He actually believed that her value of communication over stupidity made her some wet-behind-the-ears inexperienced little nobody. She may've been new to being a Scion, but she was no stranger to combat. This was not a true combat situation. This was a stuck-up jerk being too full of himself to admit a mistake when he makes one.

"You know, some people I would try to see the side of, but you are being a real idiot about this. Your pride and your status don't enter into it. You were being shadey as hell. If you stopped and showed something to prove you weren't a bad guy, I wouldn't have taken it any further.

Remember, when she acted back there, she literally called him a store-robbing bastard. If the police had done such, he'd tell them he was a Scion and not a criminal, right? Makoto had been doing the justice thing, believing a crime was in progresss. She sighed in irritation now.

"Even if your clan is in poor shape, it means the difference between being a legitimate somebody and an illegitimate nobody. Poor communication kills, Kitsu. It almost did today, and you let it happen."

She was obviously angry with him over it, but it did look like - as she had mentioned before - Makoto was trying to see his side. It's just that his side of it was just making it hard on himself, to her. It didn't make sense to her. She'd known people who don't reach out and talk, but never to the point where they'd put themselves in danger for it.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 18 2017, 11:01 AM

Story Teller

Kitsu just stayed pouting and didn't comment on anything. If he let it get to him, it could cause a fight again. He put it into his mind that he only lost this brawl because he wasn't allowed to shoot another student fatally. It was different when fighting King when it was either him or King dying...simpler if you will.

He made a grunt to display his irritation at the situation and the comments this person was making, but didn't have much else to say. By this time the Metsuke had arrived on site, causing Kitsu to tip his had down and move a little toward the shadows. They approached the shop owner and had a brief conversation before calling out to Shiyo. "Miss! You are a student of the academy, yes? Would you talk with us for a moment?" They waved at her to come over to them. As they approached, Kitsu would slip into the back room of the shop as quickly and quietly as he could, staying out of sight. Weather or not he was a gang leader for the people, the Metsuke still would arrest him for disrupting the public and endangerment, not to mention discharging a firearm without due cause, and for causing property damage....among other charges.

Weather or not Shiyo complied, they would approach her and ask, "Did you see what happened here? Who was involved? Where did the damage come from?" It would seem that the store owner had not said anything to them, a hint that Kitsu was a little more ingrained into the area than originally thought.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 18 2017, 12:07 PM

Story Teller

She had just finished gathering her stuff up when...holy crap, they sent in a squad! The Metsuke - the local police - suddenly came in a group and seemed to wonder just what the hell was going on here. Well, that made sense, of course, but uhh... Oh wow, Kitsu had vanished. It was so quick and quiet that she hadn't even noticed...right up until the Metsuke seemed to want to talk to her. In fact, they rather insisted upon it.

"Uhhh, everything's under control. Situation's normal. There was a slight weapon's malfunction, but uhh...everything's perfectly alright now. We're fine. We're all fine here, thank you. How are you?"

Boring conversation, anyway. Makoto wasn't angry anymore, so...she wasn't really interested in 'taking Kitsu to justice'. Maybe this'll guilt him into thinking before he acts, a little. Then again, maybe he'd just laugh. Can't really tell here, especially since he'd apparently beat feet.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 18 2017, 12:32 PM

Story Teller

The two lead officers looked at each other and one of them put his hand up to his face and rubbed his eyes. He then spoke without even removing his hand, "While we appreciate that reference, we have reason to believe that there is a possibly dangerous academy scion involved." It would be obvious who they were talking about, and it would also be obvious how they knew who they were looking for.

The sound of his gun was louder than most, and the smell of gunpowder still hung thick in the air of the shop because of the, mostly, closed building's walls containing it. "That kid is on his last warning, and we were told to take him in." Despite being the one who cleared out the Yakuza from the area, they were not pleased about Kitsu's day to day goings on. The third, and last, of the small squad of Metsuke would look around suspiciously, and then take notice to the dirt and dust that was on Shiyo's clothing, as if she was in combat recently.

"You wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that hole in the wall, would you," the third Metsuke asked, eyeing both Shiyo and the shop owner suspiciously. The owner had moved behind the counter, standing in front of the door Kitsu had gone through, and was simply shrugging and denying everything, explaining that there would be a new window going in where the hole was.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 18 2017, 01:31 PM

Story Teller

What could have EVER tipped you off there?

Dangerous Scion? No kidding! Man, your talents are just wasting away, huh? Go now and solve crimes, for the good of the city! Aye caramba... You don't need a gaping hole in a store to realize soemthing's amiss. Shots fired, alone, would've been enough. Why did Kitsu have to be more potentially destructive than she was? It came as no surprise that he was in trouble with the authorities, though.

Aaand then, one of the Metsuke asked if she was involved. Hah hah hah hah... Oh joy. Makoto sighed, looking for all the world like she was facing a bunch of dogs looking very eagerly at a stick and waiting for her to throw it.

"I'm gonna be honest. I didn't see the hole being made. I just fell through it."

She held up her phone, which still had the mobile game engaged. The little blue fat cat was still waiting to be dropped, Plinko-style, into some sushi.

"I walked in, playing a game, and I wasn't paying much attention. And really, you guys are gonna have to treat me like I've been in a coma and don't know what you're talking about...because I've been in a coma and I don't know what you're talking about. Seriously, look it up. Northern Edo General, recent discharges, Makoto Shiyo. I'm shopping because I'm only now replacing stuff I lost in the earthquake."

If anyone DID whip out their phones or something to confirm, they'd find out that, yes, she really WAS in a coma, previously. So, it wasn't just an outlandish distraction on her part. T was, however, a small distraction that she could just brush off.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 11:13 AM

Story Teller

Kitsu had made his way out of the room's back door leading to the alleyway just behind the store. He straightened his new suit and started to walk away before he stopped. He was truly a man of the people, and deep down too good of a person to leave. He thought about how the Metsuke would probably arrest both of them and then flip the store upside-down to find evidence of his being there. He groaned loudly and turned around to go back to the front of the store. He flipped his phone open and texted 'Active Pursuit. Ready safe-house.'

Inside, one of the Metsuke had produced a pair of handcuffs and went through the whole 'easy way or hard way' speech to Shiyo and the shop owner. Kitsu came around to the front door and fired his pistol into the ground beside him. "That's the starting gun, assholes, let the race begin!" The Metsuke would jump in reaction to the loud noise, and then suddenly look violently angry as they all charged out the door. With a smile and a tip of his hat at Shiyo, he took off down the road, a rabid group of Metsuke close behind.

~Exit Kitsu with Metsuke~

OOC: Didn't mean to end it here, but it's better than making your character a criminal xD

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 09:38 PM

Story Teller

Yeah, the Metsuke did the old 'easy way ot hard way' thing, holding up handcuffs, but Makoto just stared him down.

"The harder for you, trying to get blood from a stone."

They were just being irritated. She had decided to let the guy go, and that was her call. No one her had called the police, so as far as she was concerned, they were interfering in her own private business. Kitsu was a rough-and-tumble lout who liked to dress fancily, but...and this was because he'd made this so...she may have misjudged him.

This became more apparent when he decidedto basically buzz these guys like Lupon The Third. Well, it sure surprised her! The Metsuke too. 'Course, when you shoot the ground, people are gonna jump. This left Makoto standing there, staring for a moment, before she realized that she was standing there alone with the owner now. She made a sort of cough to clear her throat.

"Right... So! About those clothes..."

END

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere