Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Yuubae Diary
Alida
 Posted: Mar 13 2016, 10:39 PM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Awards: None

March[Late/Spring/Kinda Rainy]

I sent in my test. I hope I did okay. Nao-chan was super confident in her scores and Naomi from the farmer's market was sure as well. They both studied together so I'm sure they got in to a great school. I hope I made it in as well. My study partner was my grade school friend Emiko. We both wanted to get into the same school and maybe graduate together! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/happy.gif It'd be cool to hold our diplomas in front of this giant sakura tree at the school. It was just a small goal though. I don't have sake responsibilities thanks to Masaru and her family wants her to go over seas. It would be the last time we'd get to hang out before she goes once finishing highschool. Let's make this count.(>/\<) Lots of praying! Grandfather says he got me something for good luck while waiting.

Write again later.

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 13 2016, 11:00 PM

Platinum Poster

April [Early/Summer/Hot + ocean air]

Sorry to stop answering. Just...needed to take in a bit. The month ended quickly and it was just meetings and strangers I've never seen before. They claim to be officials from Edo first. They arrived in the next day. It took everyone by surprise but my parents welcomed them the best we could. Offering our sake for the long trip and stuff, Dad's usual methods. The next day for me was already planned out. We went to the Maeda almost the first thing in the morning to not raise a fuss. Now that I think about it, only our family had to deal with these people. Nao and Naomi and Emiko had no idea on what to make of it all went I called them but we all hoped it wasn't anything serious since no one in the family was physically dragged outside. We saw on the news that someone committing fraud was dragged out of their house before going to prison. I think he lived in Echigo or so the news said and we never heard about it since. Guess I'm on my own on this one. I'll continue when I get back from the meeting. Mom's calling for me to get dressed properly.

x

I don't know what to think. I don't belong to the Maeda Clan.

I didn't belong to the Maeda clan. The meeting with the head and an official from Edo castle. His name was complicated and hard to remember though. They gave me a lot of promises to pay for my tuition and 'look forward to results'. What do they expect of me? I feel like grand father knows more. The Maeda lord gave him some kinda look before talking to us directly and objectively....like he used to work with the Meada family before retiring out. Grand father refuses to say anything while working with the new company heir. Parents are too happy that I got accepted into the great school.

They said...too many nice things back then. Next time I write, I'll be in Edo. Going to hang out till then and tell Emiko the change in plans. She'll get over it quickly though like she always did whenever a field trip got canceled or that time her pet dog died. Poor </3 Ichiro.

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 13 2016, 11:49 PM

Platinum Poster

April 1st year[cool..but no ocean breeze! =.=]

Think I'll stay in my room for a bit. Sorry to have no time to write. The early week didn't go well. Edo is...insane with this heat. The enrollment ceremony went okay but....I didn't like coming to Edo. Had another meeting with the Edo officials about this sake cup grandfather gave me. I wasn't from a standard family, as they put it, so I needed a briefing.

With the Maeda's offering up tuition on my behalf, in a way, I have become their liability. They told me that I must follow good conduct and I shouldn't be abusive with this Relic piece. For the first year, I was strictly advised to stay in Edo to be familiarized with the area. I would be pretty much living here through out the school year.

Edo isn't bad but I don't like it here. Well...this school. I don't like it. During the whole ceremony for us first years, the upper classmen kept giving us a disapproving look. I swear some was looking at me but I did my best to pretend not to. What'd they want anyway? Do they know I'm not from some clan? It's nerve wracking on how they looked at our group. At us. Why do they keep looking at us? They're....scary...It feels like I'm being watched, even in Edo city. Am I going crazy?

Barely a few days in, a few of the rowdy guys started to pick fights with the upper classmen. Thinking they can win so easily with their relics. I recognized one as the person I sat next two on the train ride to Edo. He talked about hunting wild bore in the mountains with his father but had issues with the Tokugawas. I tried to pull him off to the side but...let's just kinda went crazy after fireballs and a ninja weasel with a sickle started attacking. Some school staff and...other people set upon us and we were quickly taken to Edo castle. I don't remember how fast we got there but it was...fast.

We all got detained in our own rooms in Edo castle. A small room. No sound. I think we all got interrogated one by one by the scariest ninja I've seen. Even if he wasn't a ninja, he looked like one with all the scars on his face and one psycho eye. Always saying to have their eye out on me. His eye would be the first thing I see and the last thing I see when sent to my silent chamber. Didn't see anyone else. I...don't want to remember the rest. I got off easy and maybe saw one other but we've avoided each other since. I missed a week's worth of classes....not that anyone noticed I was gone. Haven't seen the boys since. I think they went home....yeah....that's where they went....

Keeping the door and windows locked.

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 16 2016, 09:57 PM

Platinum Poster

June/ 1st year[Finally cooling off..kinda! =.=]

The dreams since being taken to Edo castle for interrogation won't go away. I keep dreaming about being stuck in that room. That blood shot eye looking at me through a slot in the door. The eyes of the senior students. My imagination seems to be making it worse with each night. I hear screams coming from outside my room somewhere and the horror stories about the hanging forest outside the capital just adds more images to my head.

I was advised to get some fresh air.

My first mission today with a senior leading us. The people at the school deemed me to be a medic and stuck me with the med kit. It didn't take long to mess up in the dark. We had to track someone who laid out trapped and stuff in the mountain side. It was a failure. Our senior went off to finish it alone while I stayed behind to wrap up a broken leg. He was suppose to be our point man but he got caught in a bear trap. The senior berated us and went ahead, telling us to go back if we had a 'clumsy idiot and a useless filler' slowing him down. They weren't the only ones I hear about. They say, "why bring a medic out when anyone could do their job?" I don't know either. Why am I even here...I'm no fighter...only handicapped here cause of this relic that just serves as a better band aid.

I skipped class today the day after. Hiding in my room for too long doesn't work anymore. Had the archery teacher visit me to ask if I was sick last week. She might come looking for me again...I don't want that....

Can't hid out at the clubs, they check student activity on who is at the dorms and who isn't, I'll try going to the roof....seems like the only place left.

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 24 2016, 02:38 AM

Platinum Poster

June/ 1st Year [night c*]

Hello diary. I seem to have returned alive from going to the roof and met an interesting kinda lord. Kinda. Maybe me just being exhausted with the day helped somehow. Usually at school, all these clan lords make a big deal about them that I don't know if they're talking to me or the person next to me you happens to be the second son of Ooka. Anyway, I think he tried to scare me off with a small history lesson about being beheaded for my rudeness. Maybe even hog the roof to himself but he didn't act that selfish about it. =.= Thanks though...I like where my head is thank you.
I would have left but I do feel bad for messing up his pile of scrolls. (who puts items in walking paths anyway =.=** ) Knocked them over and helped clean that up. For sticking around though, I didn't tell him I was ditching class, he 'rewarded' me with showing off his relic; talismans. He even let me hold one which was pretty cool, I'll admit that. Didn't feel any kind of power from it but I do admit it was nice of him to show it. I wonder if he banishes demons like those Onmyojin! Heheh heh, his oversize coat bellowing out in the wind and everything. That'd be so cool!
Talking about onmyoudou and stuff did lighten up the mood though. He didn't even did try to scare me off again. (yay! /(ToT)\ no beheading!)
I'm glad he did lighten up in the end although he didn't have to walk me back to my class. Ah well, must be for thanks in helping his appearance. (=.= should have taken a picture. he looked like a mess after a strong wind from the ocean knocked over his scroll pile again and his hair lol)

Heading to bed early. Have weapon training on my whip in the morning. (wish people stop joking about it >///< it's embarrassing. I should practice alone somewhere.)

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 24 2016, 11:48 PM

Platinum Poster

July/ 1st year [morning]

It's Tanabata! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/happy.gif Helping out with Ceremony Club to set up the bamboo and get the colored strips ready for writing and decorations. The paper crafts sure take me back to elementary. Lately a lot of people keep talking about Nobu and me. Was even asked if I should ask for dating advice on my slip. >//< R-Rude! Geez....only been a month and all we do is meet and talk. =.= I never knew students could suddenly be so help up by gossip. It won't be for a few more days so I still have time to send a letter to family then try to think up what to write.

A few members in Ceremony thought about writing poems instead and some in Archery want better marks. Guess I could write that but my archery has been pretty okay actually. I don't miss the target anymore and stay roughly outside the middle ring! Not bad me! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/happy.gif

Still...I want to put some thought into this. I'll ask Nobu what he's going to write. I bet it's something about the Azai clan. Heh heh, I wonder if he'll stamp his paper slip with his clan emblem. Hard not to notice that a lot of his items have that mark. Do the Azai personally make all these items for him?

Heading out for set up again. Write later.

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 22 2016, 01:28 AM

Platinum Poster

[Entry paper torn. The kanji for the 9th remaining on a stray sliver of paper]

September 22/first year[night*]

Haunted Houses....puppetry enemy.....therapy much needed but there are none.
Talked to Mizuha-sensei though.....it helped a bit.

Why do scary things have to happen during the fall OTL

Buying extra lights for my room.

October 11th/ 1st year[night*]

Taking a sick leave to stay in my room for a few days. I can't have my grades drop too low or the Maeda will be disappointed in me. The people from that mission went to partner with someone else to be their field medic. Guess that's good, right? Can't sleep since that mission though. Nurse suggested taking some sleep aids. They help but I feel sick each morning.

I'll go pray at a local shrine to make it go away. I feel sorry for their bodies to be used in such a way....no one should die then be used like that. Nobody.

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 12:47 AM

Platinum Poster

November 02/first year Cloudy

Today's the day I've turned 18. Don't feel any different to be honest but family was nice enough to give me a call (long one x.x) and said a present was on its way via mail. I wonder what it is but they must be pretty busy. Mom's wrapped up with her work designing textures and getting the weaving patterns done correctly. She's really good with her hands that I regret not learning more from her. (Sewing buttons and fixing seams is a good skill, right?)
Dad says her works have started to become more home projects these days and whatever extras were made is sold along with the shop now that she runs it more. I guess it would be rare to see her making happi coat designs anymore. Dad says he met her when she used to do kimono designs.

I guess I'll treat myself out for dinner tonight. I got a small happy birthday from a few friends I did share it with. My fault for not telling them any sooner;;

Write to you another day.

Getting better slowly.

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Oct 6 2016, 01:35 AM

Platinum Poster

New diary 2.0 (if that is a thing)

Hi new diary. Ugh, I'm not good at keeping these. The old one got lost when the dorms fell apart and caught fire. Lots of stuff were lost too so mom, dad, and the Maeda's were nice enough to resupply clothes and supplies. Though I feel bad to tell Kaori that the lovely dresses she made were gone too. I should make it a point but it's been so tired and busy here in Edo. I actually lost feeling in my whole arm and was put to bed rest for two days during the relief effort but got scolded by the senior nurse for using my relic so much to allow that to happen. Lots of people went missing but I still have a few friends that surprised. Nobu of course (made sure of that!) Funny that it feels like forever since I last saw them. I'm even going to see the guy that helped me train with my whip. He's nice though does kinda scare and worry me a bit;;; He's one of those that secretly loves battle...or a ...masochist(?) That's the right word, right?

I would ask Nobu to but he's been...busy as well. I don't see him much as I did before and all I feel is being super tired. Even when I sleep it doesn't feel like I had enough. Our new apartments are SUUPPPER far away from school (okay, not across Edo far but near like the center of the city almost). before homeroom starts I try sneaking in a bit more sleep if I show up early enough. Of Nobu though, I do wonder if he's ok. He looks to have recovered well to walk but not really all the way it seems. He looks to have a lot of his mind yet at the same time I'm not sure how to approach him. I am happy that he's alive and well and that means so much to me and his family. There was a rumor about the nobles being lazy but it said the Azai and Oda were getting together pretty well? I'm not sure what that's about but the only Azai I know is Nobu. Did he start to make new friends? I'm surprised but glad that he did make another friend. A bit honor heavy but still a good guy. I wonder if this new friend plays video games. Maybe we can all play together someday.

Um, what else happened. Oh....should I write about it? Even after what happened that distracted me from earlier but I still don't feel at ease in Edo. Like there's someone watching or following like when the mentsuke track of on our missions cause how else do we get embarrassing letters of improvement =w=\ Anyway, I survived the forest and got a promotion. I'm not sure how I really feel about it but home and the Maeda seem happy and...I'm surprised to have lived myself. I wonder what Nobu would think of me for becoming one? Huh...heh, thanks Kaori. Now I'm worrying about if Nobu would find me less girly or something now. I guess he'll praise me but....I guess he would just do that. Heh...he'd be surprised I even took it though. I wonder if becoming one would be problematic though. Chalk this one up to another change in my future, right Diary? I hope it goes well to maybe promote my parents better yet I hope becoming this doesn't work against me. I still want to visit Kaori and Nobu after Edo Bugei is finished.

It's going to be the fall festival soon. It'll be my first assignment and hopefully it goes okay....I hope. Though I just hope Nobu doesn't recognize me in the new uniform. I'd rather spend it enjoying the festival than in working service. Hmm....if I don't see Nobu, I guess he would have gone back to the dorms to play on his portable. He doesn't seem to enjoy the festivals as much as I do so here's hoping the festival is still going once the mission is over. I'd like to win a cute doll for my room if I could or find a new hair accessory. I guess all my luck went with for surviving the earthquake since I lost it there.

I know you can't do it but wish me luck, okay Diary?

--------------------

PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 11:36 PM

Platinum Poster

Not much of an entry. Just wanted to write and...stuff. Want to keep my head going. Fall was unbelievable.....and it looks like things WILL get worse. Dairy. You traitor. I wanted luck and wished for that on new years last year. Now I'll have to think up something else to wish for now. Thanks to what happened, I settled for a quiet birthday like last year. No way I'd have the funds or means to have a huge party like Kurome did (eventhough that was kinda fun) I should hit up the local public bath areas more often.

Um...what else to write...it's getting close to winter soon. Snow hasn't fallen yet but it's getting chilly. Hmm, happy thoughts though. Um...birthday is a happy thought I guess? Though funny that I meet and chat with so many people, I don't have the nerve to ask them to join me on a birthday evening or something. I should work on that but it's kinda late to impose. The last fall festival has been a wreck. These days I feel so sluggish that it takes awhile to get motivated in anything. Even been sleeping in the new green house on the rebuild campus. No one has yet to bother me much from there since the roof has gotten cold.

To be honest though, I wish I had my old uniform. This new elite style makes it so weird to get looked at. Hopefully people just forget I became one or...maybe I should just wear a stupid jacket more often at school so people won't notice. It's getting cold out after all. Hmm, right. I'll draft up a To Do list next time.

Write again,

Suishoku

--------------------

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY