Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Change on the Horizon (Open)
Shoy
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 07:54 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 114

Awards: None

That was it. It was done. Mirai had feared some kind of interrogation - why do you want to change clubs? - but it was as simple as filling in a couple of forms. If it had been any more complicated than that she probably would have backed out of it; it simply would have been stressful, and she would have felt like she was doing something wrong, and with Mirai being the person she was that would have been enough to prevent her going ahead with the change. But as it was, it was quick and easy to do, and Mirai had completed the necessary forms for it.

It felt… strangely freeing, actually. The thought of returning to Bugei Club meetings hadn’t exactly inspired hope or joy in Mirai. There was too much fighting, even if it was only sparring, and Mirai wanted as little to do with that as she could get away with nowadays. It reminded her of the battle in Kanazawa, which wasn’t exactly something she was keen to be reminded of. And though choosing the football club to replace it was a bit of an oddball choice (Mirai didn’t exactly have a great degree of experience at playing football) it was an exciting one - though the only sport she’d had the fortune to properly play was kendo she was certainly interested in trying a few more, and this was a prime opportunity to do that.

Mirai planned on heading back to her dorm room for the afternoon to get a bit of study done, and maybe look up some more stuff about football and practise whatever she found online as some basic skills for the sport. First, though, she stopped by the cafeteria in the dorms common area to nab a hot chocolate - it was on the way, she might as well, and the autumn weather called for a hot drink - and so she found herself a place to sit and sipped the beverage, hands wrapped around the warmth of the cup. It was pretty relaxing to do so, and Mirai felt a lot more at ease right now than she had in while since the return to Edo Bugei from Kanazawa.

--------------------
PM
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 03:21 PM

Story Teller

Member No.: 13

For one reason or another Rin found herself in the dorm cafeteria, why was she there well not even Rin know that answer. It seemed to be happening a lot lately were she would be doing something and in the next she’d find herself someplace completely different. Regardless of the distance between the two places she would never remember making the trip. To her it felt like time travel much like when one falls asleep on a take off and don’t wake till your landing, its an odd feeling to have time past but not be aware of it. however, since she was already there Rin figured she’d make the most of it. The place was rather empty, but something did catch her attention, a young girl sitting by self enjoying what appeared to be a hot beverage. A wicked smile crossed Rin’s face, it seemed she had found something interesting and was about to have some fun.
With all do hast Rin made her way over to the girl and sat down right across from her.

“Someone seems to be enjoying herself, whatcha got there?”
Rin had never been one for the ‘proper’ way to interact with a stranger, Rin simple preference to jump right in and insert herself in to another life, situation, you name it. the concept of private and personal space did not apply to her.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 06:10 PM

Story Teller

Mirai glanced up as someone sat across from her at the table. Though it might have been nicer to ask first before just randomly sitting down there like that, they were all Edo Bugei students here so it wasn’t like this girl was some creepy stranger on the train late at night trying to strike up a conversation. Besides, the place was pretty empty at the moment and Mirai could understand if this new girl didn’t want to sit by herself. Mirai didn’t mind the company, either, and it wasn’t like this girl was interrupting anything so it was fine for her to sit there. Who knew, maybe Mirai would turn out to make a new friend out of this girl, friendships could happen randomly like that.

“Someone seems to be enjoying herself, whatcha got there?” said the newcomer.

“Oh, it’s just a hot chocolate,” Mirai said. She looked down, swirled the liquid in the cups slightly, and took another sip. “I think it’s very nice, though.”

She looked up at the girl across from her again. “Are you up to anything today?” Mirai inquired, trying to show polite interest. She didn’t want to sit there seeming too distant or rude. She couldn’t really say at this point whether or not she would even like this new girl, but uncertainty of someone was hardly a reason not to be polite to them.

--------------------
PM
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 10:08 PM

Story Teller

“You don’t say…” Rin slightly trailed off, it had been many years since she’d had hot chocolate as a beverage of choice. Back when she was a child she was rather fond of they drink but then again those were happier and more innocent times. As she was about to drift into memory’s best left alone the other girl recalled Rin back to the mortal realm.

Are you up to anything today?
Rin blinked at the girl before tilting her head tot the side as the began to think.
What was I doing? ... it took a bit then like a flash bulb it came to her, in a very Rin like fashion she did the over the top head snap back and fist slamming down into her palm and exclaimed. “Oh right! “ The girl would definitely notice the grim smile that clearly indicated that what Rin was about to say really annoyed her. “I was searching for someone, so I could get him to return to his work, but he seems to be avoiding to me for some reason. “ clearly Rin was not happy with being blown off, but she quickly took a deep breath to recompose herself. “Anyway don’t worry about that problem he’ll get what’s coming to him. “ Finally settled down Rin finally realized that she had yet to introduce herself to the little flower before her. “Oh but how rude of me I have yet to introduce, you may call my Rin Naya.”

They say introduction are always the best way to start any conversation, relationship, etc. however Rin never once for normal convention and hardly ever introduced herself, however lately she’d seemed to get lectured on ‘action like a normal person’ but really what is normal and in Rin’s opinion she was quite normal.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 05:31 PM

Story Teller

Mirai sipped her hot chocolate as she listened to this new girl rattle off. Looking for someone? He’ll get what’s coming to him? Mirai didn’t really understand what she was talking about. Whatever it was, it sounded like something quite dramatic had happened, and Mirai wondered exactly what that was. Though she didn’t feel it would be polite to pry too deeply into a stranger’s personal matters. If the girl wanted to tell her, she would, and Mirai wouldn’t push her to.

Mirai nodded and offered her own introduction. “Okada Mirai. It’s nice to meet you, Naya-san,” Mirai said, inclining her head. Mirai was glad Rin had introduced herself - it showed some level of common courtesy, more than Mirai had originally assumed Rin would have, and more common courtesy was always, without exception, a good thing.

“I think it sounds like you must be a very busy person,” Mirai commented. The way she talked about all this searching for someone made it sound quite involved and important and of course (in Mirai’s line of thinking) that equated to a busy lifestyle. “Does it ever get tiring?” That was also just a simple connection - of course the more you did, the more tiring it would be, that just seemed like common sense.

Darkhawkin

--------------------
PM
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 01:56 PM

Story Teller

Okada Mirai, Rin would commit the girls name to memory. Not because she felt there was a pressing need to remember the girls name per say but rather do what she did with all people mercilessly learn everything about them as she could, it was nothing personal like some would be lead to believe after all it was just her job as this girl was soon about to find out.

“Busy beyond belief, and yes it can be quite tiring at times but alas this is my lords will, so I must comply.” This was a clear understatement, but the sentiment was not far from the truth. “See the thing is my lord has… a need of sorts, to find unique individuals. But who is to find these induvial you ask well its yours truly. Now I did not volunteer for this task… honestly its more of a punishment but that’s neither here nor there. “ Rin must have either really tired or just stressed out for it was not normal for her to go on about her mission like this but then again they do say sharing one’s burden soul with another does lighten one’s life, how much that is true no one know but regardless Okada was about to get a lot of it. “now what happens once these unique individuals are found well then I have to mange then which ties in to my time searching for people so really these two tasks are contradictory but whatever. The worst part is that these unique individuals usually have unique personalities… by which I mean problematic.” much like a certain engineer that ran off on her today. “I barely get any rest little lone sleep and I’m pretty sure my blood is 80% caffeine now” looming closely at Rin it wouldn’t be hard to see just how warn out she was if the bags were not enough of indicator. “honestly its all because of that damned war, they may not show it up everyone’s still paranoid.”

With that she hit at the heart of the matter, for her lord was not the only one who would be building up their fighting force. She was pretty sure every little lord was preparing for the backlash that would no doubt be felt soon, and if they weren’t they were fools who would not last the coming storm.

“Sorry for rambling about annoying stuff like that when you were just enjoying your drink. “

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 08:23 AM

Story Teller

Working for a lord…? That didn’t say too much. Who did this girl, Rin, work for, Mirai wondered, and why? Sure, she said something about a punishment, but that didn’t really say much about what she’d done to be given that punishment to begin with, or who was enforcing that punishment. Whatever it was must have been a pretty strong motivator because it seemed like she was going to a lot of effort solely for the sake of her “work” - it seemed to leave her very busy and tired, from the way Rin described it, and Mirai wondered, worried even, if this girl might be pushing herself a bit too hard than was necessary.

And on top of that, it sounded like she was wrapped up in something that wasn’t… quite so good, to put it mildly. All this talk about finding people - finding them for what? Mirai only hoped that it was something more benign that the first things that sprang to mind about violence, an idea which she tried to push to the back of her mind quick-stat.

“No, it’s all right, you’re not bothering me.” Mirai said. She was thankful that Rin had been thoughtful enough to apologise, though. “It sounds like your, um, your work must be pretty stressful sometimes. Please look after yourself.”

Another thought came to Mirai. “Do you have to do all your work alone? Wouldn’t it be easier for you if your, uh, lord found someone else to help you?” She felt like it was a safe enough question to ask. Wouldn’t be too prying into business that wasn’t hers but it still gave them something to talk about.

Darkhawkin

--------------------
PM
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 01:17 PM

Story Teller

It was a valid question, more handles would be ideal whoever there was an issue with that, “It would be easier if there was another assisting however ever since the insurrection trust is a hard thing to come by, after all this work is highly secretive military stuff and last thing they need is to have a turncoat with such delicate information.”

Such was the way with all black ops stuff highly classified (Rin had probably said to much already) and hard to bring new blood into hence why the recruitment part of her job was so difficult, the evaluation process took a nauseating long time.
“Personally I can’t argue with it after all if things were handled with this much care Edo would not have been the mess it was.” truth be told there was no way to prevent that nonsense as things stood, after all it was a symptom of the system and nothing else.

“But enough about me and my problems, I need to get my mind of all this… I know why don’t you tell me about your self Okada, that is if you don’t mind.”

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 08:17 PM

Story Teller

Mirai downed the last of her hot chocolate as she listened to Rin talk about why she couldn’t get someone to help her at her job. It all sounded very important, if they needed someone they could trust so dearly, and Rin did say something about... secret military stuff? She still wondered who this girl worked for and exactly what it involved, but now that the word “military” was involved Mirai wasn’t too certain she wanted to know the answer. Mirai wanted as little to do with military and fighting as she could.

She was glad that Rin asked about who Mirai was - the conversation had moved off whatever if was that Rin’s “job” was. At this point Mirai had decided that she didn’t want to think about it or know more, so the change of subject was welcome.

Though “tell me about yourself” was a very open-ended question and Mirai wasn’t certain where to begin. “Um,” she said, “Well, I’m not really that special… I’m only in first year.” There as an almost apologetic note in her tone; not overwhelmingly, but it was there. “I’m not from a special family and I’m not a Scion, I’m just here to learn. I think it’s a good school.” That was simplifying things a bit: Mirai did have her doubts about the school and about what it could give her, but saying it aloud made it easier to try and believe that the school could give her something valuable.

--------------------
PM
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:44 PM

Story Teller

“Oh a fellow first year,” It was always nice to interact with someone at the same grade level, which was an oddity at this school believe it or not however that was not the part Rin latched onto from Okada’s introduction. “A non-scion really that’s awesome!” The fact this is girl was not a scion was both the greatest and most interesting thing (currently) about this girl before her. In Rin’s mind the academy had an over population of Scions, the sheer number that had been turning up had become a problem. It wasn’t one any would admit since the belief that more scion was a great expression of power or some outdated nonsense. The problem was most scions Rin has had the ‘pleasure’ of dealing with were completely useless and the relic they carried was wasted upon them, but this was neither here nor there because it was about Okada right now.

“You have no idea how awesome that is, regardless of what everyone will tell you being a Scions sucks and personally I would kill to just be a normal student for once.” The moment one was pegged to have Scionic potential you got shipped off to s shitty school full of shitty people, essentially your freedom is taken from you and you are just state property. Again, not like anyone would admit this but that’s essential what happens. Now Rin’s interest was truly peaked, she wanted to know everything about being a normal student, thus came a flood of questions.

“What it like being a normal student? What are you studying? What’s your favourite subject? Have any hobbies? What clubs are you in?” after a point it just devolved into random question, “Do you like the uniform, I find it tacky? Oh, what do you on your day off? Do you have any martial training or you only in academics? Know any good cafes in town? it was getting worse hopefully Okada would strop her or she would go on and on.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 12:03 AM

Story Teller

“Oh, are you a first year too?” Mirai had assumed the girl would be in a higher year considering that she looked a little older. In that regard Mirai must have been wrong, or maybe Rin was a bit younger than she looked, Mirai wasn’t sure which.

Mirai didn’t understand Rin’s fascination with her simply being an average student. She didn’t understand why that was anything worthy of praise. All it meant was that she was a student at Edo Bugei. Why did Rin think it was such a good thing and why did she want so badly to be one? Why was it so bad to be a Scion? As Mirai saw it you just got some cool powers and there wasn’t much more to it than that. Mirai shrugged. “It’s just an everyday thing… it’s not that amazing, is it?”

Rin’s onslaught of questions was overwhelming. Mirai didn’t know where to start and she couldn’t remember half of what Rin had even asked her.

“Um,” Mirai said. Well, she would do her best to answer Rin’s questions anyway. “I’m in the Home Economics Club and the Football Club, though I only joined that one today, and, uh, the uniform is fine, and in my spare time I like to do kendo, and I don’t really know many good cafes, I'm not from around Edo so I don't really know all of the good spots.” Mirai was aware that had barely scratched the surface of all the questions Rin had asked, however with Rin listing them off so quickly Mirai couldn’t remember what else there was that Rin had even asked. She hoped the answer would be good enough.

--------------------
PM
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 02:03 PM

Story Teller

Okada did her best to answer Rin’s onslaught of questions, after all Rin didn’t make it easy by verbal vomiting them out. Regardless Rin listened intently as she was now utterly fascinated about the responses this girl would give her. “I’m not from Edo, and since you done know any good places and neither do I that mean we should totally go look for some one time, oh that would be so fun.” As Rin daydreamed about a café fill adventure with her new friend she realized that she should reciprocate some of the answers. “I like your club choices, me I’m part of the Bushi, not by choice, and the track club. Sadly, with all the chaos recently the track has essential died and pretty sure I’m the only one left in it. upside default president/captain.” that last bit was followed by a sad laugh, Rin honestly enjoyed the track club for when she was running she felt free. It was one of the few things in her life that she actually enjoyed and partook in of her own free will. As she mauled this over Rin was reminded of a comment Okada made earlier. “Back to what you said earlier about a normal student being an everyday thing and it not being amazing. Scions are forced to go here, essential the moment we are found we lose our freedom. We become tools of the state and nothing more, a normal student however has a choice. After all I assume it was your choice to come here and worked hard to get in, however you didn’t have to it was your choice to come here. Its that freedom of choice that I find so amazing.”

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 08:26 PM

Story Teller

So it seemed Rin wasn't from Edo either. In Mirai’s experience it seemed that not many were: they had come from all over Japan to come to Edo Bugei. With such privilege that came with attending the school, of course the student base would come from all over.

Mirai was less sure about visiting a cafe with Rin - she would prefer to spend time with people she hadn’t caught with in a while and needed to, like Suishoku - but she didn’t want to be rude and turn down such a nice offer, and she supposed anyway that visiting a cafe was never a bad thing. “I don’t know if I’m free but a cafe would definitely be nice.”

Rin went through the clubs she was a member of. Ah, the Bushi club that Mirai had only that day replaced with the football club. And it seemed a bit bizarre for the school to continue endorsing a club with only one member and very bizarre that someone would be happy to be part of a such a small club. Even if it meant you were technically the president, being president with no members to preside over was hardly a grand thing to be able to claim. But Rin was quickly onto other subjects before Mirai had the chance to say anything on the matter.

Rin’s assertions about Scions being tools of the state was extreme. But as someone who wasn’t a Scion, it was a bit hard for her to make too much of judgement about - as a Scion (or so Mirai assumed she was), maybe Rin had more of a right to make judgments on the subject. Thus Mirai couldn’t dismiss that idea. Though in all honesty, Mirai didn’t trust the school that much to begin with anymore so perhaps that made it easier to believe. “Is-is it really like that?”

And here was where Rin was sorely mistaken. It was by no means Mirai's choice to come to Edo Bugei - her parents had decided that for her, and were much less fussed about what she wanted for herself than what they decided arbitrarily would be best for her. She hadn’t worked hard at all to get into Bugei. Mirai shrugged. “My parents decided that I should go to Edo Bugei so that’s why I came here. But I think I do like it here. I’m glad they sent me.”

--------------------
PM
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 01:20 PM

Story Teller

[quote]Rin was slightly disappointed when Okada said that her parents forced her to attend not because it wasn’t the girl’s choice to attend but because she believed the decision was taken from her. this thing is unlike Rin, Okada could defy her parents and live the life she wanted. Sure it would make her life more difficult but unless she was some important clan figure Rin doubted anyone would hunt her down to return her to the academy. That was the difference between the scion and normal students, the normal students always had a choice. If they wished to leave they could totally do so, scions however do not have that luxury for if a scion defied the masters, a sudden drop and a quick stop was not out of the question.
“Well I’m glad you like the place, living in misery tends to eat away at one’s soul. ”
Rin had seen how dark emotion could change a person; hate, envy, jealousy these things were the leading cause for the recent rebellions. Rin needed to force her mind off these dark lines, she needed to return to the pleasant conversation.
“I’ve been probing you for a while, so its only fair that I reciprocate. Any questions or curiosities about this wonderful bag of mystery?

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 08:24 PM

Story Teller

“Well I’m glad you like the place, living in misery tends to eat away at one’s soul,” Rin said.

“Mmm,” Mirai agreed. It was certainly true that things were much better when you weren’t living in misery. It was better if everyone was happy; it made the world a better, simpler place if you didn’t have to worry about people being upset. That was kind of why she’d changed clubs actually: for life to be happier.

Rin had one more thing to say: “I’ve been probing you for a while, so its only fair that I reciprocate. Any questions or curiosities about this wonderful bag of mystery?”

“Um.” Mirai wasn’t exactly sure what else there was to ask. Many things about this strange girl seemed off limits to ask or know about. Maybe it was good to stick to a safe topic - just a casual interest question. Small talk. “Do you like any books or movies?”

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute Sidereal Gardens The Gaea Chronicles AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Kids in America Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK