Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Doing a little growing.(Aideen!)
Gawf
 Posted: May 6 2017, 11:00 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

Awards: None

Aideen
It was getting late this Saturday as Ryuji returned from the mall, Bags filled with Plant food and various Gardening tools. He entered his almost Barren room and set his things onto his bed. He then opened his window. There sat his Window plants. A mini garden he had brought with him. He Very carefully brought it inside. He fed his various plants before Setting the plants back out side onto the little platform outside his window one by one.
Feeling good about that task being done Ryuji headed out into the Hall to the lounge area when he bumped into another student. Falling flat on his ass Ryuji got a good look at the guy. Long coat? Check. Tall? Check. Menacing aura? Check. check. check. He got the feeling he was about to get his ass kicked by the thug he just bumped into. He stayed down and waited to see what he would do.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 7 2017, 12:45 AM

Story Teller

Member No.: 77

Kire had not been having a productive day. It was not a bad day, it was just slow. He certainly wasn't getting anything done, though he didn't feel particularly bothered by it. His hand was still healing up. He wasn't going to be making a lot of fast progress with his newest experiment, he was lucky to have kept his hand at all in fact. Obsidian was like the sharpest thing ever and he'd been playing around with it. Well, more accurate to say he'd been trying to replicate the creation of an ancient foreign weapon.

Unfortunately, he'd done it wrong and the blade had nearly taken his fingers. Instead, he just had a badly cut up hand. Glue, stitches, the whole nine yards. He wanted to keep working but he couldn't manage it all left handed, so work on the latest blade was slow. He was on his way to rest for the night when he was struck, knocked down to the floor. Thankfully he didn't fall, catching himself with wounded hand would probably have opened them up despite the stitches and glue.

"Hey, careful. You ought to pay more attention." He said sternly but offered out his left, undamaged hand to help the boy up.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 7 2017, 01:42 AM

Advanced Member

Yes i should i suppose.Ryuji said as he took his hand and stood back up. Sorry about that, Where ever i go i tend to run there, its quicker that way. Havent seen you around the dorms or any classes Id remember the Coat and frame if i had. You a Teachers Aid or somthing else? Ryuji Now looking relaxed. He thought he might as well introduce himself while he was at it.
Im Ryuji Bessho by the way, i Just enrolled here.He then pointed into his still open room.Right there is my room, what are the chances of bouncing off some one right as i come out of there right?

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 7 2017, 08:59 AM

Story Teller

The kid seemed to talk a mile a miute, and he asked a lot of questions, a bit suspicious. But then that was Kire just being a bit paranoid again. He pulled the boy to his feet with little effort. "You need to be more careful." He cautioned. "Speed is all well and good but kids might be carrying fragile schoolwork or even weapons around. There's not always going to be a medic around if somebody ends up getting really hurt." He shook his head.

"I'm a crafting student, second year. I spend most of my time out in the forge." Well, less time since the accident. Plus his current piece didn't require the forge at all. "And the chances seem to be pretty high, apparently. It is a hallway after all."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 7 2017, 04:18 PM

Advanced Member

Well Technically if i where the one who got some one hurt there would be a Medic, Cause uh Im one. He said with confidence. Im a Trauma Surgeon, Severed fingers, Arrow wounds, Gunshot wounds you name it ive Treated it! He then Contemplated somthing before speaking up again. A smith you say? what do you make mainly? He asked with a inquisitive expression.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 7 2017, 08:34 PM

Story Teller

"You're a medic, eh." He nodded to himself. That was certainly an important thing to know if it ever had to come up. "I dabbled a bit when I was still a first year. I wasn't sure which path I should take, in the end I went with smithing." It had been the easiest path, the path of least resistance. He was a good smith, maybe one day he would be the best smith. It was a path carved out for him by his parents and not following it just felt like an impossible waste of talent.

"Medic or not, if you're the one who is hurt, say a broken wrist or something worse, you'll be in no shape to trat yourself. If you don't think about other people's well being, remember that your own is just as at stake." Kire folded his arms and leaned his shoulder against the wall. "As for me, I make blades, I've done other things, like armor and jewelry, but blades are what calls to me most of all. If it has an edge, I expect I can build it." If he wanted to, he didn't really go out of his way to make things for other people anymore. It was all experimental.

"Unfortunately, I've had a recent accident." He waved his bandaged hand. "So I'm not actually doing much of anything right now. I was careless with a new material and payed the price. Such is life."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 7 2017, 09:07 PM

Advanced Member

Ryuji nodded as he listened. There was truth in those words, Ryuji had only operated on himself once and it wasn't pretty. Ryuji noticed his bandaged hand as the long coated smith presented it. It looked inflamed like it just happened, But that couldn't have been the case as the bandages where fresh and Clean. Your hand okay? Looks red-ish,did the School nurse Stitch that up or did you do it yourself?

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 9 2017, 06:07 PM

Story Teller

Well at least the guy was listening, who knew how seriously he was taking the words of warning. But hopefully this was enough to stop any future accidents from happening. Kire looked at his bandaged hand and carefully flexed his fingers. It hurt, a lot. He'd have to get used to that soon if he wanted to get back to work in any acceptable time frame.

"It'll be fine in a week or three. I actually had to get it checked by a proper doctor." He shrugged. "A lot of it's glue, honestly. Sharper than a scalpel, obsidian. I wasn't respecting the rock like I should have. Got a bit overconfident." He'd treated it as less than steel. Simply because it was stone, it wasn't some special man made composite, it was a rock from the ground. He'd have to remember the lesson. It made dangerous weapons, he should have been less flippant towards it. "The doctor said it was like I'd grabbed a handful of scalpel blades. Which isn't far from the truth."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 10 2017, 01:36 AM

Advanced Member

I see Ryuji said as his eyes stayed fixed on the inflamed hand.
Obsidian huh? where did you get your hands on a rock like that?. Ryuji said. He was lucky He didnt lose his Fingers, as it could have chopped right through them. I Use a Kusarigama myself. Though its made from Steel. I wouldn't know the first thing about making a weapon from a rock, unless it was a hammer.He said with an awkward laugh. That Hand has gotta hurt, Your doctor prescribe you any worthwhile painkillers. Ryuji asked as he thought back to the various medicines still packed up in his room.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 10 2017, 04:20 PM

Story Teller

"I have a lot of contacts, it's fairly easy if you know where to look and it's pretty cheap. It's just not used for much outside of jewelry and decoration nowadays." Kire said. "But I went for the pricey, high quality stuff from a little mine in the Kaga province." Pricier still due to the large pieces he had asked for. Not that it was harder to lift or find, most of the obsidian was from large slabs broken down after all, no, it was pricey because things like that had to be treated special.

The last thing he wanted was to be forced into a shark tooth sort of blade. He wanted to keep his options open to explore the different ways obsidian behaved. There was something romantic, or even downright mystical, about blades born of lava or magma. Be it using the heat to forge the steel or using the liquid rock itself to cast a blade. Admittedly casting a blade was stupid but it seemed cool. Obsidian had all that and it looked really neat. "They gave me some pills, but they leave me feeling a bit loopy so I take them sparingly. Lots of antibiotics though, can't afford to get infected."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 11 2017, 06:22 PM

Advanced Member

Interesting Ryuji muttered as Kire explained.Seemed like he really knew his stuff about Smiting. So you are not taking Your painkillers because you need your dexterity to handle materials. Correct? Traditional Painkillers would make him feel "loopy" as he described it. A smile Came Across Ryuji's Face as he made a suggestion. Say Kire what if i told you That i could get rid of the pain and retaining your basic motor functions with your hand?

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 11 2017, 07:29 PM

Story Teller

"Hardly." he replied. "I've got enough troubles without being strung out on medication." He'd probably end up talking to his swords at that point and how would he live that one down? "I'm not working on anything right now. The obsidian is a pet project and I am in no hurry to get that sorted out. It's not like I'm making anything more than a display piece." It was going to be so pretty, well, pretty might be the wrong word. It would be pretty, but the dark obsidian and the glint, there was no mistaking it for anything other than a tool for murder. It was scary.

"I would tell you that you've got yourself a pretty handy artifact but no thanks. I don't have any interest in relying on magical nonsense to get me through life. I'll heal with time. No pain, no gain."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 12 2017, 10:46 PM

Advanced Member

Well im no scion user,so Relics are a no go for me, Im Talking about my pet project. Interested? Ryuji said as he put his hands into his pockets. Hell you said you where not doing much right? You could help out a fellow student and get rid of that pain. Ryuji said with a wry smile As he waited Kire's response

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 12 2017, 11:21 PM

Story Teller

"I see." Kire said slowly. No relics, that was interesting. Certainly there was something there, after all, a medic without a magical crutch had to be a great medic indeed. Otherwise all things would end in tears. "You'd have to tell me more about your pet project." Kire had to wonder what it could be, certainly most students had their own goals and objectives for being at the school. Especially the crafting path students, others had less concrete goals, a career or a business position.

"I've dabbled in the medical field, I only confirmed my path when I moved up to second year a few months ago. If I learned anything," and there was a lot to learn, "it's that the only shortcut to healing is magic. So you're project better be pretty incredible before I trust the health of my hand to it."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 13 2017, 11:46 PM

Advanced Member

Well Great! Ryuji said with a big smile. Well see ive been working on some medicine, it always erked me that high quality painkillers screw with your head and dexterity. Imagine if there was a painkiller as strong as morphine but you still maintained your balance and feeling? Medium injured people could get back up and get back into the action. That is what ive been working on. Ryuji Gushed to Kire absolutely overflowing with passion.
Ive been able to get the recipe right but the plants it takes to make it grows slowly. and clinical trial patents have been, well non existent.
Ryuji said with an awkward laugh. Its perfectly safe though i assure you

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere