Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Doing a little growing.(Aideen!)
Aideen
 Posted: May 14 2017, 09:22 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

"Well I would say that was pretty damn amazing and would make you a fortune but it would also be very very dangerous." He held up a hand to stop any protestations. Kire had a reason. "Not because it wouldn't help people, but because something like that could be abused." In fact, something like that was bound to be abused from what he'd seen and experienced out in the field.

"Pain is important and is a sign to stop doing what you're doing. People who ignore their injuries are bound to just make them worse, increasing their chances of death. Getting back into the action as you put it, is the last thing they should be doing. And they will go back into the action, because of their own stupid pride or because their commanders don't care about them. I've fought the Ikko, they drug up their soldiers already, to the point of suicidal overconfidence."

Kire shook his head. That memory still came back fresh to him whenever he did or didn't want it. "And our side may not be quite as bad as that but our apparent supposedly great leaders would do the same, though they use glory and honor and rigid training rather than drugs. Something like what you've got, that's a dangerous thing, especially if there are nasty side effects you haven't discovered." Taking the drug, knowing that they needed to fear no side effects, because it was death that awaited them. An enemy like that was terrifying as well, the resolve and dedication, Kire could not understand that.

"So I'm going to say thanks, but no thanks to being your first test subject. Modern medicine is doing me fine right now and I don't know if I'm brave enough to risk trying a medicine developed by somebody not twenty years older than me."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 16 2017, 08:09 PM

Bugei Student

Member No.: 136

Ah i see. Ryuji said with a sad tone. There where truth to his words.
Ryuji never considered that some one might abuse a drug like that, His common sense would have informed him of it if he was able to see past the benefits.
Ryuji caught himself looking pretty down. With Kire Naming off all of the things that could go wrong he was starting to lose confidence in his project.
He looked up again with a smile as he addressed Kire. Where are you headed now? I was headed to a vending machine or the lobby, wanna join?

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 16 2017, 09:06 PM

Story Teller

Kire watched the guy's face fall. He hadn't meant to bother the guy, there were plenty of awful things he could and did say when he wanted to get on somebody's nerves. Shame, but he could at least try to mend the damage, right? "Look, don't bring yourself down. If that works, it's going to be a great thing. Probably make you rich, maybe help a lot of people, but when there is a drug like that, it'll be abused by somebody. Especially at a time like this when the Ikko are going around causing trouble." He tried to put forth a reassuring smile, he wasn't that good at it. "You should get together with a teacher, maybe even the medical path director and bring some of your medicine. Better them than any clan head or soldier. It's gotta be medicine, first you know?" Kire shrugged. "I was actually just heading up to my dorm. Had some homework I needed to ignore."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 23 2017, 12:11 AM

Bugei Student

Member No.: 136

Nah Medicine making is just a hobby, If i start taking it seriously it wont be fun anymore! Ryuji Said with rewed vigor. He smiled brightly at Kire. Ah Well i think im gonna head back to my room after i grab a drink. Maybe dig out one of my game consoles or Dvd players and set it up. My room is pretty barren at the moment. Need to put up a poster or somthing! He said to himself. Ill leave you to your work Kire,Was nice meeting you. Ryuji then took out his phone. Wanna exchange numbers? Id be lying if i said i was super popular around here and could always use another person to hang around.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: May 24 2017, 04:39 PM

Story Teller

"A hobby." That was a bit distressing, Something with as much potential as what he claimed to have created shouldn't be the result of a hobby. Plus Kire felt a little bothered by the idea that it wouldn't be fun if the hobby became work. He'd found the exact opposite. "There's pretty much nothing better than turning a hobby into a career. Can't imagine anything more satisfying than finishing one of my blades." He added. "Plus I get school credit for them. Money, credit, and fame, everything a guy needs." Though what they were needed for, Kire didn't elaborate.

"Yeah sure, I don't mind." He passed his number to Ryuji. "Maybe I'll take you up on the invitation later on when I've got my hand back and a bit less overdue school stuff." It could be a lot of fun, who knows? Besides, it never hurt to have a friend in the medical path, even if he did experiment a bit. That'd probably be a real boon someday.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem