Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Midnight lounge
Moby Dick
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 12:50 AM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

For a moment, Roshi was confused by his response. He didn't think it was- Ohhh...so that was what he meant. The young artist began to laugh a little when Jinn finished his statement.

"No no no... I wouldn't fire that while moving. I mean my bike becomes a wheeled tripod. I'd fire in place, and then move on."

He knew his limits. He knew something big like that was nuts to fire while in motion. No, the idea was that the side-car would just make it easier to haul around, and maybe fire 'from the hip', assuming he didn't just pick it upand aim himself.

"I may do alot of things, but intentionally hurting myself is not one of them."

Except for training. THAT was painful, AND he'd asked for it.

--------------------
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 03:35 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 160

Jinn shook his head when he said he wanted to make it a tripod. Jinn strategic mind started to play in before he looked to the boy

"Then get a car. Something off road like a pick up truck or something like that. You would be able to shoot it without stopping. Also big chance an motorbike wouldn't be able to hold it on making it slower. A car would give more protection. Plus before you even get to stop your motorbike big chance some sniper would have already shot you."

Jinn said with a simple shrug. Jinn was someone that thought about the offensive and defensive sides of having a motorbike. Most bikes were quicker but they also made you more venerable to anything incoming something a good car would protect.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 02:27 AM

Elite Member

It was at this point that Roshi gave him an 'Are you kidding me?' look.

"A car? You know that's ridiculously expensive, right?"

Yes, cars. The conveyance that hasn't really caught on. They were rare in the current Japan, and so only those with high prestige or alot of money really get them. One such instance that Roshi could recall was a limo belonging to a crime boss. The very notion of Roshi getting a car was so unlikely that even he, the wild artist with the strangest kind of luck, didn't believe it possible.

"In any case, there's a chance that a sniper will hit me, no matter what, because they're snipers. A smaller target is more difficult. And if you don't believe me, ask Nobu. He was there when that foreign general tried to get us with his knives."

A car would be hit, and given that the general had been some kind of a highly-skilled Relic-user, he wasn't weak. Those knives would damage or kill whatever he hit. Roshi stood up now.

"I don't really think it's a bad idea, if I'm just careful with it, moving around and looking to make sure I'm not in an ambush. I may not even ever need it, but it might be a good thing to have."

--------------------
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 01:26 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 160

Jinn shrugged to the responce. "Get some bullet proof glass and it would need more then one shot to get you" Jinn responded calmly.

"Plus when you are in an ambush a car is safer then a moterbike. Car doors are pretty good bullit stopper." Jinn said towards him. Jinn might not have been in the war against the ikko last time since he was on business trip for his clan to europe. He knew what happened though but not from first hand. He heard most stories and shrugged most of them off.

Jinn stood up from the edge and took the last sip out of the bottle before he looked towards the guy "If you think you don't need, don't make it. It's a waste of energy and materials. Although I have places to go." Jinn said calmly before he jumped off the rooftop. and dissapeard in the darkness below.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 12:38 PM

Elite Member

Again, Roshi had to sort of look at the guy like his face was on backwards or something. The lounging fellow seemed to be under this impression that money was no object. Maybe he thought that because he'd name-dropped Nobuyori that he was some kind of noble too? The young artist was a young artist, though. He didn't make lots of loot. He sometimes circumvented the cost of materials by working with other craftsman to take things in trade, but bullet-resistant glass was serious business, and his guy was saying to apply it to his Pale Hornet. How, even? Imagines floated in Roshi's head, but they looked very impractical. Then again, he still seemed to be pushing the cat idea...

"Look umm...you seem like a nice guy and all, but you really don't understand that cars are for rich people, and not for battle. You may as well ask me to build some kind of crazy vehicle with no windows that's made entirely out of steel and has the cannon mounted on top and..."

Tanks haven't really been invented yet, but by god Jinn just made Roshi think of one. Well, te idea of something that you might call tank. Officially, it would just be an 'armored vehicle'. Damn you, Jinn, for making Roshi consider the design for a war machine! Damn you, I say!

"...okay, that's not actually a bad idea, but it's still really expensive. I'm an artist and a craftsman, but I'm not rich."

Jinn responded to all of this by basically shrugging, saying he shouldn't bother if he thought it wasn't needed, aaand then jumped off of the roof. Roshi stared at this for a moment. Since...he didn't hear a sickening thud at the bottom, he had to assume the guy was alright, but... Look, only two kinds of people jumped off of rooftops: Ninjas and crazy people, which included Roshi. Roshi thought the guy was mostly level-headed, so...

"Oh my god, NINJA!"

And now, he ran into the dorms with his precious cargo, fast as he could.

EXIT

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY