Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

The Five Toxins.
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 08:32 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

Lately, I've been watching a number of martial arts movies. Among them are movies performed by a group that began to be identified with their first movie as "The Five Venoms". These are Chinese kung fu movies, pretty brutal-looking (or at least for the time) and rather entertaining.

The reason I bring this up is because during a conversation with Suishoku, Roshi Bento - who has created art and performed live - has had the idea of creating a 'Fighting Dramedy'. To explain, you already know the idea behind Japanese artistic drama. It can take many forms and executions, including mock-battles that are choreographed for entertainment purposes. This is a fighting drama-comedy, made to look serious and even act serious, but be wholey-recognized as a satire because of a ridiculous concept.

The general idea is that it's suppose to be some sort of conflict between people for whom the Art of War is the War of Art, where fighting grandiosely and impressively is far more important than doing physical harm to your opponent...and yet that person will reel from the blow as IF harmed. If anyone here has ever seen Yakitate Japan, where all the conflicts and battles revolve around the creation of bread, it's about as ridiculous as that.

I want to create a story of this. I want to have a story of creating the story - the act of gathering the performers, figuring out the script, practice/performance follies, impacts on personal lives, etc. - so that the actual performance becomes a big meaningful event in the characters' lives. Lemme know your thoughts, what characters you think might be up for this, and so on.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 03:42 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 114

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I do some performing arts stuff IRL so I am very much excited for this if it goes ahead.

I doubt Mirai would be interested in writing scripts or the techy side of it (set, props, lighting etc) but she'd totally be down for attempting some fight scene choreography (especially if there's other people she knows participating in the performance). While she doesn't really want to be a performer in it would be pretty easy to convince her into it.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 01:39 AM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

Sounds interesting as well. Mika could be interested after that last painting stunt didn't go well.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere