Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Koga Accord (Mezua x Hattori-san)
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 02:51 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

It would happen early in the afternoon. Kurome would both be summoned to the Headmaster's office. The order was simple enough. Regardless of what she had been doing she needed to report to the Headmaster's office at once. As she arrived, however, she wouldn't find the Headmaster. Instead they would find the familiar personage of Hattori Keiichi. The top ninja for the shogunate. He was in an all black suite. His red hair was nicely combed and his eyes gazed deeply at her. Sadly that would be the last thing she saw for a while. Before she could say even a word Keiichi snapped his fingers. She would feel a decidedly sharp pain in her lower back and spine before falling to the floor with a hard thud. Keiichi walked over as seemingly out of thin air two ninja appeared behind the unconscious girl.
"Search her. Any weapons, tools, relics, and i.d. all need to go."

A few hours later both she would slowly wake up, coming out of a drug like state. The world spun around her as she would steadily realize she still lived and breathed. She had nothing on her person except her clothing. As her vision finally settled she would realize she now resided in a dark, small room. Likely a room deep inside of Edo Castle.
"I wouldn't suggest moving too much." the familiar voice of Keiichi warned. The drugs had been strong enough to knock her out for who knows how long, but her head should have started to clear as her mind began piecing together the situation around her.

"Before you say anything. I take responsibility. You had been sent to infiltrate an Ikko base. I was sent to find someone and investigate rumors of the Koga ninja's return. It was only until you had already entered the base that I realized our missions intersected. Neither you, nor the others with you, should have been in that base." for the first time today his words seemed slightly sympathetic.
"The rest of your party are being handled in other rooms." He said as he walked over to the her and sat down right in front of her.
"To be clear, everything I am about to tell you is classified. THis room is deep within Edo Castle and soundproof." he clearly had decided to take no chances.

" The girl you rescued, she is of the Toyotomi bloodline. In fact, she is currently the only young Toyotomi alive. She could in fact be considered a princess." he said cleary. Everyone knew of the Toyotomi. The Toyotomi family ruled Japan after Oda Nobunaga's death. When Hideyoshi died it was Tokugawa Ieyassu who took over Japan and started the Tokugawa Shogunate. Many had always viewed the Tokugawa as traitors, and the Toyotomi crest, and family name, was often used to help gain support for rebellions against the Shogun. All Toyotomi clan members had supposedly been killed in 1615 when the Tokugawa killed their entire family at the battle of Osaka Castle.

"Now, if anyone knew a direct blood relative of the Toyotomi still lived, what do you think would happen to the girl? How many groups would be after her? How many people do you think would want to use her? How many others do you think would want her dead? Are the drugs wearing enough for you to understand what I'm saying? That the Koga not only know of the Princess, but know of you and your friends now too. They think you may know the Princess, or at least her location." he said clearly.

Mezua

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Mezua
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 09:52 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 64

Kurome's day was going fine, just fine, up until she was summoned to the headmaster's office, of course. When she arrived, things felt... off. They certainly looked off, as well, as the headmaster was nowhere to be found. Instead, in his place, leaning against the headmaster's desk casually, was Hattori Keiichi. Kurome opened her mouth, and at that same moment, he snapped his fingers, and darkness too over..

Kurome awoke in a daze, with the room spinning around her. She slowly sat up, finding it difficult to do so, as her eyes adjusted. Except, they wouldn't adjust. The room was too dark. She slowly made out the outline of what seemed to be Izuki Kai. "Kai?" She whispered quietly, as the drugs were wearing off. However, the blurry outline in front of her started to make sense, and she realized it was none other than Keiichi.

"I wouldn't suggest moving too much."

She wished he had told her that before she had tried to sit up. Now that she was fully seated, and the spinning was seemingly wearing off, her eyes were adjusting to the darkness, and the floor was warming beneath her from her body head. She rubbed her eyes and realized all she had on her was her own clothes. They had taken her pole weapon that she always carried, her dagger, her wallet, her phone, and most importantly, her relic. She felt naked without it. The purple haired girl pulled up her knees to her chest and hugged them close. For the first time ever in her life, she was scared.

While Keiichi explained the situation, she closed her eyes and listened. Their missions had intertwined on accident, causing them to stumble upon a great secret, she gathered. Briefly, she wondered what the secret was. Was it the girl locked in the room, the Princess? Or the Ikko and or Koga themselves making a come back? Everything was so fuzzy, so she didn't think too much about it. Instead she listened.

"The rest of your party are being handled in other rooms."

The girl opened her eyes curiously and tilted her head, slowly. The rest of the party? Kai? Roshi? That other quiet kid? She groaned and put her head on her knees. This was a bit too much.

"To be clear, everything I am about to tell you is classified. This room is deep within Edo Castle and soundproof."

The Elite had gathered that much, obviously.

"The girl you rescued, she is of the Toyotomi bloodline. In fact, she is currently the only young Toyotomi alive. She could in fact be considered a princess."

Well the Princess part, Kurome knew, but Toyotomi? Oh dear. That really put a hamper on things...

"Now, if anyone knew a direct blood relative of the Toyotomi still lived, what do you think would happen to the girl? How many groups would be after her? How many people do you think would want to use her? How many others do you think would want her dead? Are the drugs wearing enough for you to understand what I'm saying? That the Koga not only know of the Princess, but know of you and your friends now too. They think you may know the Princess, or at least her location."

Well duh, that all made sense. Though she was slightly offended that he asked if it made sense due to the drugs. He was the one who drugged her! If he was so concerned with her focusing on this very important information then he should have waited until the drugs had fully worn off. Anyways..

She lifted her head and looked up at him at the mention of the Koga knowing of them, and knowing the location of the Princess. But the truth was, she didn't know the location of the Princess. In fact, she kind of missed the little girl that she had briefly bonded with on that helicopter ride back to Edo, before her fight with the fox mask. Speaking of, she hoped that they would give that fox mask back her. It was her battle trophy against the...who she thought...was the leader. The girl frowned and nodded.

"What now?" She asked, and her voice seemed weak and powerless in this dark empty room, as it echoed on the walls. How could she hope to stand up against them? How could she hope to protect the girl? What about Roshi? Or even worse, Kai? She paused a moment, then asked another question, flinching at her weak voice, but blaming it on the drugs.

"Are they safe?" She asked, mostly referring to the girl, and Kai.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 08:45 PM

Administrator

"What now?" she asked innocently enough as the head ninja gazed at her with an almost impossible to read expression. His eyes just seemed to be examining her, trying to unlock secrets within her heart without even talking as she asked if the others happened to be safe.
"Your friends are safe. Your quiet teammate who hung back, Roshi Bento, and Izuki Kai." and with that he still didn't comment on the status of the Princess. Instead he had other things he needed to talk with her about.

"The Koga are back. Those fox masks they wear are to symbolize that they aren't humans but wild, savage beasts given form. They had killed Shogunate officials, leaving their skin completely stripped from their bodies while they still lived, then demanding they try and run. I'm sure growing up you've heard the tales." he left a brief pause for her to think back on what she had been told growing up. About how terrible the Koga had been rumored to be.
"Every record we have of the Koga, and their actions over the past few months, all point to sadistic beasts hellbent on destroying not just the Shogunate, but Japan as a whole. They saw you with the Princess and myself. You aren't safe, and neither is anyone you know or love." with that Keiichi handed photos of crime scenes to her. Most of the bodies looked so mangled that it was next to impossible to tell they use to be human. It would be hard for anyone to not want to vomit at the scenes displayed before them. Some of the photos looked like someone had taken gallons of dark red paint and simply threw it across every corner of a room.

"We currently have Hattor-ryu ninja guarding your family, and guarding every square inch of this city. If you go on missions, if you leave Edo, I can't promise you will survive." the Hattori leader gave his words time to sink in.
"I wanted to make sure you understood. It was obviously not something we could tell you and your friends in the open. If you want to disappear, leave Japan, and never come back, you have the option right now. You and your family can vanish into thin air like any high ranking shinobi in this situation."

Mezua

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Mezua
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 08:34 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"The Koga are back. Those fox masks they wear are to symbolize that they aren't humans but wild, savage beasts given form. They had killed Shogunate officials, leaving their skin completely stripped from their bodies while they still lived, then demanding they try and run. I'm sure growing up you've heard the tales."

Kurome hung her head and stared at the floor for a few quiet minutes. The silence was loud as it rang in her ears, while this information sunk into her head. Of course she knew all of this. She had personally fought the leader herself, and won. She treasured that fox mask, almost as much as her relic.

"Every record we have of the Koga, and their actions over the past few months, all point to sadistic beasts hellbent on destroying not just the Shogunate, but Japan as a whole. They saw you with the Princess and myself. You aren't safe, and neither is anyone you know or love."

Kurome looked up as she heard a shuffle, then the sound of papers hitting the floor. The girl looked up and brushed her purple hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. She stared at those pictures, allowing them to burn into her mind. The girl felt queasy, but it was nothing compared to what she had seen before, what she had done in the past on missions. It was all familiar to her, yet it seemed more dark than usual. Possibly because she knew these pictures were directly linked to the Koga's work. She grimanced, but kept staring.

"We currently have Hattor-ryu ninja guarding your family, and guarding every square inch of this city. If you go on missions, if you leave Edo, I can't promise you will survive. I wanted to make sure you understood. It was obviously not something we could tell you and your friends in the open. If you want to disappear, leave Japan, and never come back, you have the option right now. You and your family can vanish into thin air like any high ranking shinobi in this situation."

The girl looked up at him with a fire in her eyes.

"Protect my family." She said curtly. Then she paused. Her next words carried a lot of weight, and she almost had trouble saying them. She knew, however, that this was a safe location to speak, without any prying ears.

"Fake my death. Allow the koga to fully believe that I am dead. Then, allow me to infiltrate the Koga, gather intel, and betray them from within. I will do anything. No one will know I am alive, except you. I will NOT leave this area with the Koga in full force. I will NOT allow them to continue existing. "

Her eyes gleamed with a fiery passion, a hardness that no one could compete with. She knew, this was the right thing to do. Even if it caused her mother, her father, and her dear younger brother grief. Even if it caused Kai to turn away, and all of the friends she made to live in sadness. She knew that this was the correct path, her true calling in the end. She had trained her whole entire life in the dogo. In fact, some of her skills and training were based on the ancient art of the ninjas. She defeated their leader, how hard would it be to easily fit right in? If Keiichi took the time to look at her expression, while she sat on the floor staring at him, he would recognize the truth to her words.

She meant to take the Koga down with her own hand.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 04:57 PM

Administrator

"Fake my death. Allow the koga to fully believe that I am dead. Then, allow me to infiltrate the Koga, gather intel, and betray them from within. I will do anything. No one will know I am alive, except you. I will NOT leave this area with the Koga in full force. I will NOT allow them to continue existing. " As Kurome looked completely focused she would see something in his eyes. A look that only a handful of people had ever seen from the leader of the Iga-Ryu and Hattori clan. It was a look of pride! A genuine smile crossed his face. However, it was far from a kind or happy smile. It was a vicious smile someone made when they had an enemy cornered and about to deliver the final blow. The twisted smile on the Hattori leader's face got even larger as he said the next words.

"Your heart is that of the Iga-Ryu. No matter what anyone says, you are one of us. I'm sure you understand that a war between ninja will happen soon. The Koga want a battle to the death, and plan to give them one." his eyes then glowed blood red. He was clearly excited as his right hand lingered around his pocket, likely where he kept a series of kunai. Pulling one out he handed it to her. It was extremely well made, something meant for a clan leader.
"Every Koga. All of them. Will no longer draw breath when we are done. They will not hurt Edo or the Shogun" even though Kurome wasn't a full ninja she could be able to feel something spark in her soul. The Iga and Koga had been natural enemies for hundreds of years. It was as though every person related to the Iga had a natural drive to murder the Koga, much as the Koga wished to murder them.

"Take this kunai. Hold it close. If you ever feel you are ready, we will all know." it was something he would never say out in the open. To many the Iga-ryu would seem like boogeyman, but that was far from the truth. The entire group, every clan in it, was close nit and well connected. Information flowed like water through the Iga-Ryu's network, and that included orders to attack.

"As for your family. They are connected to the Iga-Ryu. The Koga will target them. Then the Koga will be butchered." his phrasing was violent and direct. It was clear that even talking about it made the normally more collected Hattori leader bloodthirsty. He seemed more like a vampire than a shinobi, and it was in moments like these that all of the rumors and whispers of how violent the normally careful man seemed far more real.

Mezua

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Mezua
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 12:02 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Kurome stared at him, watching him closely for any sign of agreement. She noticed he kept his hand lingering in his pocket, his fingers twitching excitedly. She saw, for a brief moment, his eyes light up with what seemed like pride. Then it was quickly diminished with a dark look, one that put a hard rocky feeling in her gut.

"Your heart is that of the Iga-Ryu. No matter what anyone says, you are one of us. I'm sure you understand that a war between ninja will happen soon. The Koga want a battle to the death, and plan to give them one."

Despite not receiving a direct answer as of yet, she knew what this meant. His eyes glowed red as he continued, and his demeanor changed. He seemed... almost e excited. Kurome was confused. If he were going to deny her request of faking her own death, then why would he be excited? She quickly realized it when he pulled his hand from his pocket, the same hand that had been lingering there for most of this conversation.

In his hand he held a kunai. A well crafted kunai, in fact. Every part of the kunai seemed to resonate with her soul.

"Every Koga. All of them. Will no longer draw breath when we are done. They will not hurt Edo or the Shogun"

As he spoke those words, she knew them to be true. She could feel it, deep down. Already they had lost a leader to her hand. She knew that, combined, they would take down the Koga. They would defeat them, and erase them from this world.

"Take this kunai. Hold it close. If you ever feel you are ready, we will all know."

She reached out slowly and wrapped her fingers around the kunai gently. It almost seemed to fit her hand perfectly. She held it close and knew this to be true, she would defeat the Koga. No matter what. However, she wasn't sure what he meant.

"When I'm ready?" She questioned quietly, her voice echoing loudly in the room, despite her voice not being loud.

"As for your family. They are connected to the Iga-Ryu. The Koga will target them. Then the Koga will be butchered."

A dark shadow passed over the Elite's face. She frowned and furrowed her brow. The girl looked up at him with a hatred for the Koga in her heart. She knew, at that moment, that her and Keiichi had much more in common than any other person in the world. She knew, at that small instance where they both stared into each other's eyes and saw each other's violent bloodthirst for the koga, she knew that they would defeat the koga together.

"They will die."

She said, in almost a whisper. Even though her words were quiet, they carried a heavy echo in the room.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 07:07 PM

Administrator

Keiichi smiled. The two of them seemed completely on the same page, though as the girl seemed waiting for an answer to faking her own death Keiichi thought it best to finally answer as she seemed excite over the kunai her gave her.
"When you are ready means when you are ready. When they are on their way to Edo, and seem most vulnerable. Strike with that kunai and the hattori Iga-ryu will come." he answered. She didn't know exactly how, and didn't need to. However the Kunai he gave her was quite special.

"In regards to faking your own death. That won't be necessary." he said quietly then crossed his arms, looking the girl up and down.
"It will better if people think you are alive." he restated as he paced a bit before looking back at her.
"Do you understand what a double agent is? If you still handle your normal business in Edo, then report it all to the Koga, it will be a great help to them. They will constantly know about movement and actions within Edo Bugei. Even if they think you are a double agent they can't give up information like that. You clearly being alive and secretly joining the Koga will make the Koga use you as a spy." it was a dangerous mission. It meant she would be going very deep within the Koga's trust.

"They likely have other agents in Edo already. If you are honest with the Koga about everything you do for the school, they will verify the information, and trust you. The more they trust you, the more you will learn, and the more likely they will include you in an attack on Edo. Then you can betray them, and we can know all of their secrets." this is what being a ninja really meant. It wan't just about killing from the shadows. Keiichi's plan was to use Kurome as a spy and sleeper agent within the Koga.

"They will likely know we have met. If they ask, tell them I asked you to help me kill the Koga. Tell them the truth, that you agreed, and then tell them you have lied to me and that your family is sick of living in the shadow of the Iga-ryu. They will not believe you, and will likely threaten you. Stand you ground, curse my name, run it into the mud, swear to them that you will slit my throat the next time we meet." he said with a decided viciousness in his voice. after all, the Koga acted like wild dogs, and primarily understood violence and murder. It was the best thing for Kurome to do.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Mezua
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 03:19 PM

Bugei Adventurer

When Keeichi told the girl how to use the kunai, the girl smirked. Her eyes flashed with a hint of darkness. It was perfect. She almost felt like Ayra did in that Game of Thrones book she read a few weeks ago, where the faceless man gave her a coin and told her to use it in the most dire situation. Kurome slowly nodded and set the Kunai down. She would keep it close to her, always, as close as she kept her relic mask. The girl looked back up at Keiichi as he spoke again.

"In regards to faking your own death. That won't be necessary."

The girl tilted her head. What did he mean? Her confused looked was quickly answered.

"It will better if people think you are alive."

At first Kurome did not understand. But soon, the realization dawned upon her. It became even more evident as he proposed his next question.

"Do you understand what a double agent is? If you still handle your normal business in Edo, then report it all to the Koga, it will be a great help to them. They will constantly know about movement and actions within Edo Bugei. Even if they think you are a double agent they can't give up information like that. You clearly being alive and secretly joining the Koga will make the Koga use you as a spy."

Kurome's eyes widen in surprise, and a smile appeared on her face, growing bigger as he spoke more. She was going to betray the Koga from within, the perfect plan. How dare they come into her territory, her town, her school, and destroy their lives so easily? She would penetrate their defenses, their forces, their trust. It was truly evil, yet so satisfying to think about. The elite nodded slowly, taking it all in and going over his words again and again in her head. She listened intently as he spoke again.

"They likely have other agents in Edo already. If you are honest with the Koga about everything you do for the school, they will verify the information, and trust you. The more they trust you, the more you will learn, and the more likely they will include you in an attack on Edo. Then you can betray them, and we can know all of their secrets.

They will likely know we have met. If they ask, tell them I asked you to help me kill the Koga. Tell them the truth, that you agreed, and then tell them you have lied to me and that your family is sick of living in the shadow of the Iga-ryu. They will not believe you, and will likely threaten you. Stand you ground, curse my name, run it into the mud, swear to them that you will slit my throat the next time we meet."

Kurome blinked and nodded, sitting up straighter as more and more hate fueled her passion for this plan. She had so many questions. "And what if they target my family? What if they make me kill people I know in the school, people I've made a connection with? What if they make me kill Kai? What if ... they make me kill you?" She frowned and looked down. In order to earn their complete trust, she knew, deep down, she would have to betray her friends in the worst way possible, only to gain the Koga's trust and betray them from within. How would she go about doing that? How would she even begin to earn their trust? Would she just walk in and fill out a job application? These thoughts raced through her head, along with many more.

Is this what it meant to be a ninja? She had always considered herself an assassin, as she felt more inclined to that career track, however Keiichi kept mentioning the word 'ninja'. She had never officially found out her career path, but if this is what it meant to be a ninja, then she approved. She enjoyed this line of work, in fact, it was her specialty.

Kurome sat back and twiddled her thumbs. "How do I even began?" She asked after a long silence, waiting for the answers to her many questions.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 12:39 PM

Administrator

"And what if they target my family? What if they make me kill people I know in the school, people I've made a connection with? What if they make me kill Kai? What if ... they make me kill you?" for the first time the Ninja Lord began laughing. A cheerful, loud laugh that didn't fit the serious and quiet atmosphere. Fortunately the room was sound proof. However he just kept laughing.
"If you can kill me, that would be impressive. You would deserve to be the leader of the Iga-ryu." he said with a wide grin like a young child. Part of him was curious about if Kurome really could kill him. It would be fun to have an all out fight after all, since he hadn't really gotten to in a long time.

"Of course they will test you by asking you to kill people you know. That isn't a problem. They wont ask you to kill me, however sending you after Izuki Kai is very likely. In which case you simply carry out the mission. Do your best to slay him and make it look real. If they send you after your parents, we just get other people to play them. It means those people will die, but that is what prisoners are for." he said it so casually. Too casually. This was the real face of the Iga-ryu. Anything and everything to accomplish the mission, even if it meant killing people one normally wouldn't. He just shrugged as though to say murdering prisoners really wouldn't be a big deal. After all it wasn't as though Edo lacked prisoners. Especially ex criminals and Yakuza.

"As for how you start.....hmmm. That is a good question." he said in a curious voice. Obviously he had the answers in mind. Though, he also now had time to consider the best way given what they had talked about. Especially now that he had spoken with Kai and Roshi.
"Well, the Koga already know you know me, and you know about them. So, why not just go to them? Why not just travel to Western Japan, and ask them to let you join." he smiled darkly again. No, it was safe to say he had never actually stopped having a devil like grin on his face. He knew the Koga would attack her, think she was a spy, and make her do terrible things for them. However, all of that was part and parcel with being shinobi. He knew in the end he would get what he wanted.
"Also, should they ever tell you to kill me. Hold nothing back. Come directly at me and aim for the throat."

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Mezua
 Posted: May 11 2018, 12:00 PM

Bugei Adventurer

After Kurome asked her many questions of what the Koga may make her do, she frowned when he began to laugh, loudly. In this large empty room, his laugh echoed off of the walls and seemed very ominous and eerie. She watched his closely as he replied..

"If you can kill me, that would be impressive. You would deserve to be the leader of the Iga-ryu."

That statement came as a shock to Kurome. The leader of Iga-Ryu, just for killing him? Wouldn't the Iga-Ryu kill her for killing him if that were the case? Would they even consider it as an option? And what if she was told to kill him by the Koga - would they know she's a double spy?

Thoughts swirled in her mind with many many new possibilities. All insane and equally impossible.

"Of course they will test you by asking you to kill people you know. That isn't a problem. They wont ask you to kill me, however sending you after Izuki Kai is very likely. In which case you simply carry out the mission. Do your best to slay him and make it look real. If they send you after your parents, we just get other people to play them. It means those people will die, but that is what prisoners are for."

Kurome blinked and looked down. It made sense, to use prisoners. But she felt it was a bit cruel, to send prisoners on a mission to be killed in order to save her own family. How selfish. At this point, Kurome realized, the Iga-Ryu were selfish. They didn't seem to care about anyone's well being. This thought was further confirmed when Keiichi shrugged nonchalantly, as if his words and thoughts and plans were no big deal. It bothered her. It didn't feel right.

"As for how you start.....hmmm. That is a good question.

Well, the Koga already know you know me, and you know about them. So, why not just go to them? Why not just travel to Western Japan, and ask them to let you join."

Kurome instantly closed her eyes and growled. "They would kill me on sight. They would make me murder people I know, people I trust." The girl opened her eyes to see a dark smile on his face, it almost seemed normal for him. Her previous feeling of un-settlement grew as his smile did. None of this felt right, none of this seemed like a good idea.

The girl, feeling that her strength has mostly come back, (and cursed Keeiichi silently for drugging her in the first place,) Slowly pushed herself up to a standing position. There she stood, staring at his dark smile and evil looking face; looking even more darkly with the shadows that enhanced his features. At this point, Kurome wondered if he was even on the good side. He certainly didn't look like it at this moment in time, standing at her smiling darkly while he seemed to puppeteer his plans into Kurome's life.

"Also, should they ever tell you to kill me. Hold nothing back. Come directly at me and aim for the throat."

The last sentence threw her off guard once again. Here he was, standing here, laying out these plans as if he planned this entire thing, and here he was, standing there, telling her to kill him if need be. Kurome was confused, what exactly did Keiichi want from all of this? What game was he playing? She frowned and shook her head.

"There has to be another way..." Her thoughts went to the battle of the Koga leader that she defeated, and his mask. "What about the fox mask?" She asked, keeping her gaze set firm on him. "Or, what about a... sacrifice. A sort of gift of sorts, to show them I mean business. To prove to them they can trust me from the get go." She blinked, and wanted to look away, but kept her gaze on him.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 12 2018, 07:40 PM

Administrator

Keiichi could tell that Kurome wasn't quite happy. It made sense of course, the girl wasn't use to the kind of violent things Keiichi carried out.
"There has to be another way..." It was clear from the start that Kurome wasn't a fan of Keiichi's plans to have her murder prisoners. "What about the fox mask?" She asked, keeping her gaze set firm on him. "Or, what about a... sacrifice. A sort of gift of sorts, to show them I mean business. To prove to them they can trust me from the get go." she suggested. Looking at her he thought carefully. It was clear that forcing her to do things his own way wouldn't quite help him.

Instead he decided to give in. Smiling he held out his hand as though asking to receive something fro her. It was symbolic.
"What kind of sacrifice do you have in mind?" his smile still seemed as sly and cocky as usual.
"I'm not sure the fox mask will help much though. They all wear them. It is a symbol of being the Koga." he said with a slightly disappointed face. That being said, however, he was quite happy. He had given Kurome fairly strong drugs. The fact that she was also recovering well and seemed to be more clear minded and up on her feet showed that the girl truly was stronger than she thought. It was very impressive, at least to him.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Mezua
 Posted: May 17 2018, 04:07 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"What kind of sacrifice do you have in mind?"

Kurome frowned at his wide smile and open gesture. He clearly was up to something, and he was not very good at masking that fact. She thought of her idea and mulled it over, wondering if she should mention it. She decided that, the only way this plan would work was to be drastic. And this idea was drastic.

"The Shogun. Or, not the Shogun himself, but maybe an identifiable piece of him. A finger, or.. an ear. Something that the public would see him without and take note of, something the Koga would know to be true..."

"I'm not sure the fox mask will help much though. They all wear them. It is a symbol of being the Koga."

"Yes but that's just the thing. I have a fox mask. I can wear it and blend in, without drawing attention to myself, or causing any drastic measures...like mutilating the Shogun or killing a comrade.

The girl blinked and waited for a response. She stood her ground. Killing was no issue for her. She received orders and performed those orders; that was her mission. Killing a friend was different; (especially if they died, thinking you betrayed them, when overall you killed them for the greater good.) She didn't want to resort to killing her friends to prove a point.

If Keiichi was right in saying they had eyes on her, then they knew who her friends were. (Even if she spent most of her time alone.) They knew her family, her friends, and anyone close to her, and she would not let them exploit that weakness.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 19 2018, 02:06 PM

Administrator

As she suggested the Shogun, Keiichi shook his head a bit. His face seemed both unhappy and disappointed.
"A good idea, but I can't allow that. The shougun already lost his arm in one attack. If he loses anything else, or seems to, it will make the Tokugawa appear too weak. Then more than just the Koga will try and attack us." with that said he crossed his arms and thought carefully. He began pacing around the room. It was clear Kurome was invested in the fox mask idea, and wasn't going to give that idea up. Then it hit him, the most basic idea of all.

Turning to her he looked her directly in the eyes.
"You don't need to prove how strong you are. You've already done it haven't you?" he asked in a rhetorical sense.
"You took out a group of their elite ninja, and got that mask. Just by having it you've shown how strong you are. Those masks are only given to Koga ninja." he explained as he touched her mask.
"That style of fox mask, the reason I don't want you relying on it to sneak in, is because that particular one is only worn by that one person. Whom you killed." he then tapped his foot a little as his smile grew wider again.
"Though, you could just take that mask, and two of my "fingers" if you wanted. After all, I can get you fingers that look like my real ones easily enough." the way he said it seemed decidedly evil. They would be real fingers, and obviously not from him. Though it also wasn't beyond him to fake missing a few fingers, or even an entire hand if need be.

"Would my fingers suffice?" he asked with a surprisingly upbeat tone.
"You could take that mask, and the fingers, and tell the Koga you much prefer how they do things. No one will question your strength. As I said, they already know about who you are."

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Mezua
 Posted: May 22 2018, 10:24 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"A good idea, but I can't allow that. The shougun already lost his arm in one attack. If he loses anything else, or seems to, it will make the Tokugawa appear too weak. Then more than just the Koga will try and attack us."

She nodded slowly in response to his answer. It made sense, of course it did. The whole idea was absurd. She didn't want to mutilate the Shogun further, especially after she was in the middle of the battle to protect the Shogun when he lost his arm. She already felt terrible about allowing that to happen, as if it were all her fault, so the idea of showing up with even more body parts from the Shogun was a bad idea in general. She was almost relieved that he was against the idea.

He turned to her and looked her directly in the eyes. She stared back at him with a strong glare. She wouldn't appear weak to him.

"You don't need to prove how strong you are. You've already done it haven't you? You took out a group of their elite ninja, and got that mask. Just by having it you've shown how strong you are. Those masks are only given to Koga ninja."

Kurome stood still as he touched her mask. She frowned, because she felt vulnerable without it, and wondered if he would return her items. However, she listened closely as he continued, picking up what he was hinting at before he spoke the words.

"That style of fox mask, the reason I don't want you relying on it to sneak in, is because that particular one is only worn by that one person. Whom you killed. Though, you could just take that mask, and two of my "fingers" if you wanted. After all, I can get you fingers that look like my real ones easily enough. Would my fingers suffice? You could take that mask, and the fingers, and tell the Koga you much prefer how they do things. No one will question your strength. As I said, they already know about who you are."

Kurome tapped her chin quietly, keeping her gaze set firm on Keiichi as she thought over his words. She didn't realize that the fox mask she had taken as a trophy was specific to the elite leader she had killed. So his new idea made sense. Show up in their domain and see if anyone dared to try to hurt her. She knew she could take them out, as she had taken out one of their strongest already. Would they fall for this plan, then, if she showed up with Keiichi's decoy fingers? Would they even realize that she would be playing the role of a double spy? Would this mean her friends would be safe then, if she didn't have to 'prove her worth'. After all, who would just so openly walk up into their forces unannounced with the fox mask of their strongest elite unless they were serious about joining the Koga?

Kurome lowered her head and grinned darkly. It was such a good idea that made a lot of sense. Although her trust in Keiichi had lowered greatly due to this secret meeting, the girl nodded slowly, finding the idea rather attrative. Was that darkness growing in her heart?

She looked up with a psychotic grin. "I'll do it." The girl said darkly, knowing exactly what she was getting into to, and secretly hoping that her family and friends would be safe, and that she could destroy the Koga from within.

"When do I begin?"

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 24 2018, 07:58 PM

Administrator

Kurome seemed deeply into the idea the Hattori leader had placed upon her. However, as she readily agreed he then gave a deep frown.
"Just like that you are already dead." he said simply before shaking his head a bit.
"If you took my fingers, why would you be allowed to stay at Edo Bugei? Of course I would send people to kill you. You would clearly be a traitor to the Iga-ryu and not allowed to live." his face looked disappointed, as if she had failed a test she hadn't even known she as taking as he gave a long sight.
"You got so wrapped up in the atmosphere and hype and then you dropped your guard. You can't do this against the Koga, they will not cease to try and murder you." with that he then walked over to a corner of the room, where a small box had been hidden in the dark. Opening it he pulled out three headbands covered in blood and threw them to Kurome. The headbands had the familiar seal of the Iga-ryu upon them.

"These are three Iga ninja headbands. The blood is very real, as are the headbands. Three trophies, means three dead Iga. These, along with the mask, will easily be enough." he then walked back over to her and gazed into her eyes, as though reading her soul.
"You need to be careful. I can't afford to have you fall short on this, and the city of Edo can't afford someone like you to die. Understand?" he asked. His words clearly demanding an answer. By now they had been in the room for quite some time, and yet the atmosphere hadn't faded even a bit. The air was so tense, and almost suffocating. Likely because what the two currently talked about was the possible end of not only Kurome's life but the lives of many, many others.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY