Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 3/8/2017Spring has come. The war with the Ikko Ikki monks has begun! The Bugei students set off to various areas of Japan in the first war the country has seen in nearly 200 years! What will happen as monks and samurai clash? FIND OUT!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A new path (open)
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 08:28 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

Kire sat alone in the library which was a place he could be found more and more often as of late. Spread around the table that he had commandeered were books on science, specifically chemicals. They were not unfamiliar to him, he had, after all, toyed with going down a different path in the last year. Switching from crafting to healer had just been a flight of fancy. Really he’d only considered it for his own mental health. Specifically, so that he might avoid listening to the same droning nonsense that he had grown up listening to. Accurate or not, he considered himself an expert. Perhaps not in everything that could be forged but in all that mattered.

That had changed during the attack. Who was punished? Who took the blame? It was the same old thing. He had not been pleased at the results, too many dead, too many wounded, and he had helped not at all. For simply being around, he had been given a certificate, a worthless scrap of paper. But for the flip of a coin, he could have been one of those rebel idiots. He still could be. Kire was not blind, he wasn’t deaf to the world despite the front he tried to hold.

His parents were those sort of people, believing in the rebel agendas, blindly faithful and supportive. He kept out of contact with them but they were still there, on the outside of his world. He made it into the school and then what? This was part of their end goal. He had been raised to be a great smith, though how great they did not know. Nobody knew just yet. Perhaps the idea of changing paths had been an act of rebellion. But he hadn’t, the forge didn’t call out to him as much as it just felt better than anything else. Maybe he was just lazy.

Kire was not expecting the call, the question of if he would follow his parents ideals and perhaps become some smith for an underground group but he would not be surprised if and when it came. As for accepting, well, it was no different than if he accepted a smithing job for the government as the school was pushing him toward. Both left a bad taste in his mouth. Neither would allow him to make the changes that the world cried out for. What good was a name and legacy unless it made a true difference?

Well he would do both. Bidden or not, Kire was going to fix things. A smith could make and unmake, but repair was also an important job. Let his legacy as a smith stand on one side and let his deeds as a man stand on the other. The modern relic would make him legend among his own and reforms could make him famed among the people.

So he would change his path, not officially, and not to anything the school really offered. Let the others be content with their lot. He would stay on the crafting path and churn out projects as he was expected. When it came to such things, he could forge his way to a high grade with little effort, especially with a teacher who was not as familiar with his work. Now he had to learn a whole new field of work, chemicals, science, and a new type of forging that he had ignored up until now, gunsmithing.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 10:30 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 13

Jun Tokugawa was not known for wasting his time, but ever since his return he could be found staring off or doing something most would consider wasting time. Yet everything he did had a purpose for he was always watching, always listening, always thinking. His mind new no rest and for what was needed of him rest wouldn’t come anytime soon for there was a lot of work and very little time, thus he needed to make every moment count. So, when he came across Kire Bou it was not accident or simple chance, it was only part of the very growing mechanism he was creating. But first he needed to lay the ground work.

Approaching the table the Kire was currently residing Jun could not help but notice all the chemistry books sprawled about. It was an interesting note one he planned to come back to later but for now a connection needed to form.
“interesting choice of reading material you have there, few people realize just how important chemistry is to our daily lives. Most just take things at face value an care little for what’s underneath.”
As introductions when it was far from perfect but to start a conversation on must start on common ground, and while Jun may have information on the boy the same couldn’t not be said the same of the boy, after all he may not even know who Jun is (after all it seems he had been forgotten by the world since is departure), regardless of if he did or didn’t he would be come well acquainted very soon.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 08:49 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 114

Mirai drifted through the library. She’d been struggling with some work she’d been set for science class - to do with the periodic table and the structure of atoms - and though she’d read through the relevant part of the textbook several times and even had a crack at the work, the concepts just didn’t seem to gel in her mind. The worksheet wanted her to use the periodic table as a guide to match diagrams to elements on the table, which was hard when she only vaguely understood all this business about shells of electrons and complicated rules about how many were supposed to go in each shell. She felt like it should have been an easy concept to make sense of, and perhaps she was just stupid for not being able to comprehend, but she had never been someone with a science-minded brain. Mirai sighed as she ran her fingers over the spines of the books in the science section, looking for something on chemistry. She’d thought that maybe finding another book with the information worded in a slightly different way might help her understand, but from the couple she’d flipped open it wasn’t really much of a help at all. The ones she'd found seemed to cover topics different (and more complex) than the structure of the atom.

She glanced around the library. It was almost empty; there were a couple of students browsing on their own and a pair of boys over at a table - not too far from where she stood - that was covered in books. Slowly, she let her hand drop from the spines of the books with a frown. From this section onwards it seemed to be moving out of anything remotely chemistry related and into other kinds of sciences. If the work wasn’t due in the next morning she probably wouldn't have bothered staying and would have gone to do something else. But it was get it done today or turn it in late, and she’d turned in work late for science enough times already that she was starting to worry it would begin to seriously affect her grades if she didn’t make an effort to turn it in on time from now on. She’d been so distracted by her arrival at Edo Bugei and everything was new here that many of her studies - maths and science in particular - had kind of been relegated to the back of her mind, which was not a good a thing for a girl like Mirai who needed to put a lot of work into academics to get anything close to good grades. But she hadn't been able to find anything here on the shelf to help her; she guessed she'd just have to go back to her textbook in another attempt to puzzle it out...

The two boys at the table caught her attention once more; one of them was talking, and though she wasn't trying to eavesdrop, she did believe she just heard one of them utter the word “chemistry”, even if she hadn’t caught the rest of the conversation. And though she couldn't read many of the books’ titles from where she stood by the shelves, she could see the cover of one and she recognised a symbol on it similar to the ones she’d seen the science teacher draw in class to represent an atom. Were there more books on chemistry in the library, then, but they weren't on the shelves because those two boys had them? Would one of those books actually contain the information that she was trying to find, and would it be worded in a way that she could understand better? Maybe, maybe not. But it was worth a shot. Mirai bit her lip; she didn’t want to inconvenience them in any way and she already felt intrusive merely thinking about approaching them to ask if she could borrow their book for a moment, but as long as she was quick it would be all right, wouldn’t it? She still didn’t exactly like it but the alternative was to spend another frustrating hour or two hunched over the textbook trying to make sense of all this atom stuff.

“Um, excuse me…” Mirai said, hands clasped behind her back and eyes downcast as she joined the two boys at the table. “I'm so, so sorry to intrude, but is that a book about chemistry?” She pointed at the one she’d noticed earlier, though now that she was a bit closer she could see that it seemed a few of the other titles were about chemistry, too. “Would it be OK for me to borrow it for a few minutes? I need to check a couple of things for my homework. I’ll be quick...”

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 06:16 PM

Story Teller

Kire raised his head and looked at the other student. It was pointless to ask silly questions, something like 'are you talking to me' since it was quite obvious that the guy was talking to him. Nobody else was around. A better question might be why, why was the guy interrupting his studies. School sanctioned or not, this was a library. Some measure of peace ought to have been expected. Kire reached into the breastcoat pocket of his coat and pulled out his sunglasses. Perhaps he knew this fellow.

The glasses came on and the blur that was the world outside of his bubble came into focus. He did not know the intruder. "I suppose that is true." There was no denying that most people didn't really care about the inner workings or complex details of their own lives. But then, neither did Kire. It was enough that other people were as dedicated to their craft as he was to his. Then all things could run smoothly. "But it's hardly worth thinking about." He was studying chemistry for his own personal goals, not out of some desire to know more about the underlayment of the world.

Then came a girl. Did he have a sign on his back? Please engage me in conversation. Still, it was far less involved, she just needed a book and he had plenty. Kire flipped the book in front of him closed and slid it to her. "Feel free. I'm not doing homework."

He had only started with the general textbooks because he had no other ideas of where to start. The medicinal stuff wasn't going to be applicable to his current interests and even if they were, he would need more advanced texts and those required a greater understanding of the basics than he had. More reason to start with the general education textbooks. Kire could tell you all about metal used for forging, steel, iron, even the less used ones like gold or titanium or lead, but he had to expand his horizons for this mystery. He turned his attention back to the guy who had first interrupted. "So, did you need a book too or something?"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 04:57 PM

Bugei Adventurer

While Jun attempted to fire up a conversation with Kire a girl appeared asking if she could borrow on of the books on the table. And just like Kire had done with Jun, the boy simple waved her off in a matter of speaking. It seemed what he had heard was true and getting what he needed out of this interaction would prove difficult but none the less it needed to be done. Before he continued with Kire Jun turned to the girl, “If your having trouble or have any questions I’d be more then happy to help after im done with this one.” He said with a smile but when his attention returned to Kire the smile left him and a darker expression filled his face.

“No Mr.Bou I am not here for a need a book but I do need something. It’s a shame that you believe chemistry is not worth thinking about and here I was hoping to find you attempting to improve your knowledge to improve your skills. But then if you are one who simple wastes time then maybe your skills too were vastly exaggerated. Which is unfortunate but then again most people these days can make junk look pretty.”

Antagonising Kire was not Jun’s original plan but then it appeared that the only way Jun would get anything out of this was to push on that pride he heard so much about. In the end this would either work or completely back fire, either way there was always plan B who had much better people skill then he.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 07:57 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Mirai lifted the book the boy had slid towards her. “Thank you,” she said with a smile. “I really appreciate it.” She had begun to flip through the book to find the table of contents when the other boy made the offer to help her out if she was having trouble. She hesitated before responding; it was certainly a tempting offer, and one that could really help her out. But no... that wouldn’t work, would it? She didn’t have anything she could offer him in return for helping her, and she felt bad to... well, leech off him, in a sense, and give him nothing when surely he must have had better things to do with his time. “Thank you for the offer but I think I’ll be all right.” No. No, she would quite possibly not be all right. But whatever.

She left the two boys to whatever conversation they were having and found a space in the corner; it was on the floor but there wasn't another table nearby and she wanted to keep in reasonable distance of the table in case the boy suddenly needed his book back. Cracking the book open, she looked through it for anything on the structure of the atom.

Eavesdropping was bad. She knew that, and she knew she shouldn’t stick her nose into whatever business those two boys had with each other. But at the same time it was hard not to overhear them when they were just sitting right over there… and though Mirai herself didn’t recognise the fact, she was kind of searching for an excuse to put off the homework because she had a feeling she still wouldn’t understand even from the new book. She found the section on the structure of the atom and smoothed out the page but didn’t read it. She was processing what the boy was talking about, not the chemistry. If either of the boys were to look over, they would see her apparently buried in the book, her face hidden behind it.

Mirai frowned. What were they even talking about? “Vastly exaggerated”? “Most people can make junk look pretty”? It made even less sense than the chemistry did. She clicked her tongue at herself. What was she doing, anyway? She needed to get the homework done. The way the conversation didn’t make sense was a reminder that she wasn't part of the conversation and needed to get a move on with the work. With a small sigh she began to read through the textbook carefully, mouthing the words as she read but not speaking them aloud, trailing her finger along the page to follow the words she read.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 08:35 PM

Story Teller

"Please return it when you're done. Thank you." Kire said as she left and he opened a new book and flipped to the start, time to learn something new. But while the girl stepped away, the guy remained. He seemed determined to spur on a conversation and Kire absolutely caught the spurs in the guy’s words. It didn’t make him angry, not this time, it was hard to get Kire angry in the traditional way. But he could be very disdainful very quickly.

He snapped the new book shut and turned to the man and took a slow breath and adjusted his sunglasses. Apparently this was going to be about his work, and therefore it would be about philosophy. “First off, I assure you that anything you’ve heard is downplaying my abilities in the forge." Humility had never been something Kire bothered with. "The truth would beggar belief and nobody would accept such skill from somebody my age."

"Second of all, Junk is junk. It takes very little skill to make junk look pretty and even with the greatest of skill junk will never be more than good. I suppose it could become great with skill and an inordinate amount of effort.”

Kire thought about some of the artefacts that students had around the school and amended that again. “Or, the luck of an ancestor and a bit of magic.” He shrugged, most of that stuff was junk, or old enough to be useless without whatever magic it bestowed, frankly, that some of it hadn't rusted into dust was magic in and of itself. Historical value was not very valuable in his estimation. Practicality was the name of the game.

“Knowing why things interact is useful for the creator, the sort of person trying to make something new. I’m currently only interested that they do. Whys can wait until fourth year.” Kire ran his hand along the side of his face and turned back to his books. “I don’t need to know why mercury and chlorophyll don’t get along, just that they don’t. I’m not going to be making use of either today.”

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 09:32 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Arrogance was usually a veil for inadequacy, clearly this boy believed his skills to be world class yet his belief would only hinder him in the end. In the end, it really didn’t matter what he believed as his skill would always speak for itself. Then there was this situation, Jun would have to question why this boy would even spend his time on such things if he cared not for any of it. Why waste your time clearing about how things work when you clearly don’t care. Jun would only sigh for it was becoming apparent that clearly this was not the person he needed.

“Well that is most unfortunate then, clearly you would rather spend your time on something you clearly care nothing about. Too bad since I was looking for someone of talent which, I was assured you had, to craft something the likes this world has never seen.” It was then Jun pulled out a stack of papers from inside his jacket, and without a second thought tossed them into the trash, “But it seems I was mistaken and I won’t take up more of your time.”

It was too bad as Jun had high hope for this one, but he had to need for someone who didn’t challenge themselves. For those who lacked ambition were even worse then those who lacked skill, at least with the later you could forge them into something useful. Making the mental note that he needed to check he sources as clearly the information he had been given was faulty. Now Jun would not leave the library just yet, for there was something else he needed to attend to.

(In the off chance someone decide to look a the papers the cover says, Tokugawa and Saw Cleaver.)

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 06:20 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Right. Mirai focused on the book in front of her and ignored the two boys.

Chemistry. Atoms. Electrons. Elements and protons. The individual words jumped out at her off the page but didn't connect to each other properly; even though she read the page once, twice, three times it didn't help. The concepts still didn't sit right in her mind. She stared at the diagram of the atom, ran her thumb across it, but it just made this whole structure thing seem cartoonish and unreal.

Mirai looked up: she’d heard a rustle-like sound, and judging from the direction it had come from, someone had just thrown something in the nearby rubbish bin.

“But it seems I was mistaken and I won’t take up more of your time,” the boy standing up said. Mirai frowned; they were talking to each other earlier like they understood things she didn't so she’d assumed they must have been friends or something. But even though she couldn't really understand exactly what he meant with what he was saying, the one thing that did make sense to her is that his words now seemed to imply that he was going to be leaving, just like that. And admittedly, part of her recalled the offer he’d made just a few moments ago to help her if she got stuck on the chemistry and wished for him not to leave, even though she'd already decided she wouldn't - or couldn't - ask him for that help. She ignored that part of her that wanted his help, though, and wondered about what these two boys were doing instead.

“What is going on with you two?” she said with a shake of her head. Without intending it, she’d spoken aloud. Her face grew red as she realised that she'd said it instead of only thinking it, and she tried to hide herself behind the textbook and pretend like she was engrossed in reading it and hadn't said anything. Maybe they hadn't noticed.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Feb 12 2017, 10:34 AM

Story Teller

He was being needled and provoked, but what annoyed Kire most about the whole situation was that it was starting to work. He was highly tempted to accept the challenge, prove the guy wrong, and then just not hand the item over. He would never go so far as to destroy the thing, that was almost blasphemous. But, in the end, there would be some kind of trouble involved with keeping it and that would mean more work for no reward. But the challenge was there, lying for him to take it up, to excel and to prove this upstart wrong. Kire's body tensed up.

Then the guy walked away. That jerk. If he didn't care he would not be doing it, he wanted to stand up, shout the guy down, maybe throw a book at him. But that would be wrong. Or, at least, it would get him in trouble again and Kire did not want any more trouble. Then the girl spoke, it wasn't loud, but it was something he could answer. And maybe he should, saying the words could make them more real, that could help him push out the anger and then he wouldn't feel so challenged.

"Simple. He has some screwy idea for a weapon, some theory that he lacks the skill and wherewithal to do himself. So he asked around and heard tell of me, rising star and well set to become the youngest master smith in history." Kire glared at the man. "But I've disappointed him by trying to learn the basics of chemistry before I study the abstract and experimental. So he is goading me into accepting his project, taking on the work, expense, and failure of an experimental project for nothing more than the minor boost to prestige should I succeed and he uses the item to make himself famous. No thank you." Saying it had not helped, but he felt a bit firmer in resolve. Kire did not like his skills being challenged, but he also did not work for free. Smithing was a job, not a hobby.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 05:48 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jun had found himself in anther section of the library now and to the casual observer it would appear that he was simply searching for a book but this was not the case he was waiting. Not for someone to reconsider this proposal but one who had been watching from the shadows, hopefully she would show up soon for Jun wasn’t in much of a patience mood.

After several minutes a voice called out to him, yet the source would not be seen for like in some sort of spy movie the two would converse through the shelf for some reason. It wasn’t Jun’s idea but rather his partners and she enjoyed playing like this. Ho ho, you would hear the things he said after you left. Jun could tell that the girl had enjoyed the show as the glee in her voice was irritating. Matters not what he thinks, we simple needed to test him and frankly he failed. Your intel was completely off, seems your sources aren’t as reliable as you claim.” All the while Jun pulled out random book and skim before returning them to their space. Doubtful probably your fault and your terrible personality Jun eye twitched at thing as even though it was clearly an insult it came from then the most innocent sounding voice. Regardless, look for someone else this one clearly hides his true skill with his arrogance. Its doubtful he could even pull it off.”

With that Jun slammed the book he was closing shut and finally left, he had done what he wanted and would not waste any more time. The girl however only sighed at her stubborn boss, he may have mellowed allot since his return but the hard ass side of him still remained. Unlike him she wasn’t ready to give up on this lead

The girl returned to the area where the confrontation had occurred and to her delight the players were still there. First she walked over to where Jun had trashed the document and carefully retrieved it, luckily it was no worse for ware. From there she delightfully trotted over to Kire table grabbed a chair and sat across from him. She preceded to ‘read’ the paper before setting it down inform of her. She did not say a word just simple stared at Kire, now either he would engage her or ignore her either way it didn’t matter. For if he did the former he’s simple walking into it of hi own accord, if the later well lets just say that Rin Naya had a lot of time on her hands. Now what happened next would be up to Kire but in the end it would lead to Rin’s favour, it always did.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 05:18 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Mirai slowly lowered the textbook; it seemed the boy had heard her, after all. She listened to his tirade, blinking. To her at least, the situation seemed more complicated than she’d first guessed, and she felt a little overwhelmed for him to be dumping all this new information about weapons and master smithing and experimental chemistry on her. “Um.” At a loss for what to say, Mirai glanced at the floor. She then looked up. “That’s not very nice of him... I mean, if you want someone to do something for you, you should offer them something in exchange, or if you can’t do that at least ask very nicely. Especially if you ask someone to do a lot of work, like you said there’d be...” She paused, biting her lip as she thought over the project that this boy said the other was asking of him. “I guess you must be pretty good at… smithing?” He had said something about being a master smith. She gave him a smile. “You must have a big reputation if he came to find you.”

Someone new, a girl, came by and dug something out of the trash. Mirai frowned at this - Who would rifle through the trash? - but didn’t say anything and didn’t make the connection that she might be retrieving what the man had thrown away earlier. She watched the girl take a seat, skim through the paper and then stare at the boy across from her. What did this girl want? Why was she just sitting there staring at the boy? Mirai didn’t say anything (she didn’t know what the deal was with this new girl so it was best not to bother her) and remained seated on the floor but even though she still held the chemistry textbook she’d been lent she was looking at the two students the table, the book completely forgotten in her hands.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 09:34 AM

Story Teller

Oh good, another one. Maybe he had been wearing a sign saying that he was holding conference, what other reason would they have to flock to him? But that was just the annoyance bleeding through, he had to be nicer. Besides, it never hurt to be polite to girls. Especially pretty ones, though the new girl...pretty was probably the wrong word. She was a bit intense. Kire kind of wished she'd stop looking at him, honestly. But he had faced down the heat of the forge, the sting of sparks, drugged up psychopaths. He could handle the gaze of some random female student.

Kire turned his head and stared off at the bookshelves. Maybe not. Maybe if he ignored her she'd go away. So he tried to focus on science girl. "Pretty good, yes, you could say that. It's a reputation that I've worked hard for many years to earn. But I'm not some fighter, I don't need to prove it to anyone but myself and I am happy to share the pedestal. There's room enough for many master smiths." He said it more for the new girl's benefit. It was also a bit of a lie.

Kire did have a lot to prove, he wanted to be...something, perhaps not the best, but he wanted to do things that nobody else could do. He wanted to prove the impossible was in reach. The easiest way to do that was to be one of the best. That meant recognition and the best part of recognition and fame was that it could open a lot of doors to a kid with no nobility and no magic item. Honestly, with all that on the table, he had a lot to prove. That effort could beat magic artifacts and noble blood didn't count for anything.

He looked back at the girl who was still staring at him and quickly averted his gaze. This wasn't working. Kire would just have to talk to her. "Miss, is there something I can help you with?" He almost looked at her, but he still kept his eyes off to one side. The stare unnerved him and he really didn't want to meet her eyes.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 10:58 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Rin did not move from her pose as the two conversed, all the while taking in everything. Jun had been right yet wrong at the same time, clearly this one would be interesting.

It was funny when he finally caved and addressed he didn’t look her in the eye clearly, he was unnerved by her. That was a mistake, one she would use to her advantage.
“Me no. I was just curious to see what a person who flat out turns down a Tokugawa looks like.”
Without taking her eyes of Kire, Rin shifted to the Gendo Ikari pose (as she though she looked more imposing) covering her sinister smile. “I must admit I was wrong about you at first I took you as someone with aspiration but clearly that’s not the case. Good for you! no need to conform to society in having hope, dreams or aspirations.” Rin said all this in her oddly happy bubbly tone which totally didn’t fit the words she was saying. Then seemly out of no where she tilted her head to the left almost like she was deep in though but all the while keeping up her stare. She was like this for several minutes before suddenly she spoke again. “Oh right the document!” Rin jumped to her feet and began frantically looking for the document that was clearly in front of her. Rin was an odd one that may nor may not spend more time indulging in all forms of media and as such had acquired quite a few odd mannerisms that mixed with her air headedness lead to such situations. Where she’s frantically tossing thing a around looking for something that was in front of her, there was even a point where she picked it up and didn’t realize it and in her panic throw its (accidently) at Kire making very hard to ignore.

--------------------
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 08:48 AM

Bugei Adventurer

“Wow...” Mirai whispered when the boy explained about his reputation as a smith. This guy’s ideology was actually quite impressive. “I am happy to share the pedestal. There’s room enough for many master smiths.” Wanting to further your own skills was well enough but Mirai couldn’t say the same of trying to get better at something if it came at the expense of someone else. That was just plain selfish. Anyone willing to acknowledge others and continue working without jealously trying to bring them down must be at least a half-decent person in Mirai’s book. She was, in fact, just about to compliment him on it, when the boy himself finally said something to confront the girl who’d sat opposite him.

And as the girl responded, Mirai listened with a growing feeling of distaste that left her mouth feeling sour. It seemed absurd to her that someone should class this boy as someone without aspiration when hadn’t he just said himself he’d worked hard for years to earn his reputation? Mirai frowned: it was somewhat confusing to her. Even at the best of times she might have struggled to understand the subtle nuances of what people were saying, but the dichotomy between the girl’s words and her tone of voice certainly didn’t make it easier for Mirai to figure out exactly what she was trying to imply. Was she saying she thought it was a good thing that this boy apparently lacked aspiration? That didn’t make a lot of sense logically though…

Mirai didn’t speak up, not even to ask for clarification, even if the way the new girl was talking bothered her; she wasn’t even sure if this other girl even cared or noticed that she was there and she didn’t want to cause any kind of conflict or trouble by speaking out of place.

And then the girl started to complain about a document of some kind. She was shuffling around looking for it, it seemed, even tossing something around in her efforts to find whatever she was looking for (it landed in front of the boy). Mirai didn’t know exactly what she was trying to find but - despite her misgivings about the girl - Mirai stood and brushed some dust off the back of her uniform skirt, the chemistry textbook tucked under the armpit of her other arm. “Um, are you looking for something? Did you need help finding it?”

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Get Ink'd! My Hero Academia Roleplay Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis LIGHT IT UP .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES DELTA CROSS UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH MASQUERADE Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow SHOWDOWN! Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule Missing Frames Koi no Yokan RWBY-AU Those Among Us Battle Born Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Temporal Deadzone Bravelink All of Me Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo