Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 7/10/2017 A blood red summer has come. As the Edo Bugei students finish facing off with the ikko forces all across the nation a massive steel ship floats towards Edo Harbor. The final battle between the Ikko Ikki rebels and the Edo Bugei students is about to begin. The lingering question now, just how much of Edo will be left standing once the battle ends?

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Skills exchange, you say?, [Mirai x Kana]
Shoy
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 08:07 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 114

Awards: None

Matsushina

((OOC: I think this is the right place to post this thread? lol. It’s late right now where I live so apologies if it sucks))

Bugei Club. She did like it here, honestly, and she certainly liked it better than many other things the school offered (like the library, or studying, or maths class), but it still felt like something was missing. Maybe she just wasn’t yet used to the difference between a fighting club in a school for elites and a some unimportant kendo dojo in Kyushu. There was just something about the atmosphere that wasn't quite the same.

The meeting was set to begin in more or less fifteen minutes; Mirai, along with a few other earlycomers, were exchanging greetings and beginning to stretch. It was fairly quiet in the room beyond some simple small talk between the members (which Mirai mostly ignored); the really loud members were yet to make an appearance.

Mirai broke off from her stretching to ready her bokuto. She had her own that she’d originally gotten quite a long time ago for practising kendo kata but now used more frequently for normal sparring in lieu of a real katana.

A couple of the other students had already started up a spar even though it technically wasn’t time for the meeting to begin but she supposed that there was no reason for them not to. Mirai glanced around at the few others in the room, and the those who had just started arriving, wondering if she should ask someone for a spar, but honestly she wasn’t in the mood for one. She couldn’t say why she particularly felt that way; maybe it was thinking about the dojo back home and the differences between it and the Bugei Club that had brought that whim upon her. She was content to sit at the side of the room for now, bokuto laying across her knees.

--------------------
PM
^
Matsushina
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 08:28 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 36

Shoy
(OOC - Don't worry it's late where I am as well).

It's been since she was last here. Bugei Club, the club that she believe to be her sanctuary. Her father trusted her that she will continue to train. She not once stopped training; she definitely more than live up to the promise she made. She regularly trained herself, but despite that she still feel inadequate. She even had done spars with upperclassmen students, but feel as if there's something lacking to it lately, a vague sense of lackluster that she can hardly describe. Students treats her with high respect, because of her clan, and show deference towards her.

It was hassle to deal with that, she did not want that to get in the way of her getting stronger. She is ambitious, especially where strength and power is concerned, of course he won't misuse the power, but the path to power - she is side-tracked by people who won't go seriously against her because of the difference in standing and position. It was annoying for her. People more or less avoided her since they know that she is the heir of Maeda. It doesn't help that the silver Maeda crest are sewn to her training garbs and uniform. She would heave a sigh as she practice a free-form kata on her own, as she's taught in the Bugei club. Her hands were so swift her movements almost appeared like a blur, but she lacked quite a bit of power. But she's still relatively strong, like any well-trained girl.

Though, when her training bokken hits wooden target in the area, it makes a nice, loud sound that isn't deafening like most. But it's easily distinguishable, there is also a certain pattern that most can grasp from her training bokken hitting off the training dummy. She is a very textbook learner, her stance and her kata are orthodox; even if they are free-from from a point of view. She always stick to the basic, which is also why she has a very solid foundation, she just need to know where she should branch off to next. Maybe she can learn from someone else.

"I need to get a drink, maybe I should go to the refreshment area".

As she move towards the side of the room, she noticed a girl who, as far as she can tell isn't far from her own age. Something about her reminds her of herself, and feels like they might have the same dilemma. Whatever that might be. She would place the training bokken back in it's rightful place before advancing towards the girl who is sitting by the side of the room. There is no reason for her to hesitate, the time for meeting is nigh.

"Excuse me. Would you like to have a spar with me? I'm sorry to ask, and pick you out of nowhere, I just think that there's something in common about us, but I can't tell what it is, and so I want to confirm".

She grabbed a towel to dry her neck and face area as well as grab a bottle of water provided for members nearby to the two. Gently placing it back down after she took a quick sip from the bottle.

"What do you say?"

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image

PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 06:47 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Mirai barely noticed the other girl approaching her. It was only when the girl was right in front of her that Mirai realised she was even there. She blinked rapidly; what did this girl want?

"Excuse me. Would you like to have a spar with me? I'm sorry to ask, and pick you out of nowhere, I just think that there's something in common about us, but I can't tell what it is, and so I want to confirm".

She hesitated a moment before answering, but the girl briefly went to get a drink anyway so it wasn’t like Mirai had the opportunity to answer right away anyway. Honestly, she hadn’t been in the mood for a spar earlier and she still wasn’t, but she didn’t want to disappoint this girl who’d asked her so nicely. So she’d say yes. It wasn’t like it would be such a big deal; one spar wasn’t too much effort and it wasn’t going to be boring - Mirai liked sparring, she just wasn’t in the mood for it.

The second part of what the girl had said did have Mirai wondering, though: something in common? What could the girl be talking about? She didn’t particularly get that feeling, or see how sparring could confirm what it was, but she shrugged that part off as unimportant.

Mirai stood, and answered Kana’s final request for confirmation of the spar with a smile. “Yes, I think a spar might be nice. Do you want to go over there for it?” Mirai pointed at an area of the room that was currently free from students training or sparring and began to walk towards it.

After giving a couple of practice swings at the air to warm herself up, Mirai looked at Kana. “Oh! I should introduce myself before we start, I always like it better when you know an opponent’s name first. I’m Okada Mirai. It’s nice to meet you.” Mirai beamed at the other girl. “I’m ready to start. Just say when you are.”

--------------------
PM
^
Matsushina
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 09:55 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 36

Kana can feel that the girl is somewhat reluctant, but she is unsure. Though her gait and bodily movements tells Kana lot. Kana would then follow after the girl who pointed at a specific area in the training room, where it's currently unoccupied, the other students seem to have cleared away from the vicinity of this area - for what reason she doesn't know. Kana would nod and looked around to see where the students might be.

Some students in the distance pointed at Kana, and murmured her name, or her clan's name. She shook her head. ( I must concentrate ) she thought to herself, trying to not get distracted by the chattering in the background. And, what made her concentrate better from the straying thought was the polite greeting, and self-introduction by the girl before her. She was taken aback by her willingness to speak towards her in a semi-formal way.

"Ah, Okada-san, it's nice to meet you. "

Kana would tilt her head and upper body slightly as if to make a half-bow position with her upper body. Wielding the bokken with a relaxed grip, she was a little bit care-free, but in reality she is trying to adjust her grip. Meaning she is ready for a series of movements - options thereof. To find opening, to follow up and to end.

She's a quick-thinker when needed.

But this would perhaps be nothing more than a friendly, hold-barred spar. Nothing more than that she hope. Taking it seriously would be brutish, even for her, it's a sacred art that should be done with poise and elegance.

"I'll introduce myself: I am Maeda Kana, it's nice to know your name and to acquaint myself with you, Okada-san". She would wipe the last bit of sweat from her face with the back-hand side of her bare hand.

"I'm ready as well, would you like to start us off?"

Kana left a gentle smile hanging on her face. Something she is often unaware of, the image her face resemble is that of a blooming, white orchid. She is even more oblivious to the effect her smile have on the other students - leaving them in awe. Much to her own confusion and surprise; she isn't aware commotions are often caused by her.

Shoy

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image

PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: May 3 2017, 06:40 AM

Bugei Adventurer

So it was on for certain: the two of them made their way over to the area that Mirai had indicated and readied themselves for the upcoming spar. Despite her earlier reluctance, now that she was standing here readying herself for it she did feel the smallest spark of excitement for it. Maybe it would still be a fun spar, even if she didn't particularly feel like going up against other people today.

"I'll introduce myself: I am Maeda Kana, it's nice to know your name and to acquaint myself with you, Okada-san," the girl said.

Mirai gave her yet another smile and a nod. “Yes, same to you, Maeda-san.”

Despite Maeda-san giving her the permission to get started, Mirai hesitated a moment before beginning. She’d never seen this Maeda Kana fight before - would she be outmatched? If Kana was the one approaching people whose names she didn’t even know in order to ask them for spars did it mean she was going to be an aggressive person? Did it mean she was good at this and felt confident to challenge people out of the blue like that?

Pushing those thoughts to the back of her mind, Mirai gave her opponent a small bow and then got into position, with her right foot forward and her left behind and her bokuto held out straight in front her. A moment hung in the air; Mirai seemed to just be watching Kana. Finally, Mirai made a move: she swung sideways at Kana, aiming for the side of her torso.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Mercenary Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Out of Control GOSSAMER Sonata of Awakening No Heroes Prisoners of Fate Avalon Providence All of Me Fairy Tail Guild Monstrum Digitalis .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour A lurking shadow Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Continent of Altrus Starfall Together We Fall New Game+ fate/breaking chains misfts! Broken War Online Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Together We Fall Hero Quirks Tōitsu-koku Musou: Age of Edo Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Star Signs Reach For The Stars After a Dream Songless Birds Terrasphere