Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 11/01/2017 The dust has cleared after a fierce clash against the rebel Ikko Ikki monks. Now, as a tense period of calm spread over the island nation of Japan the students of Edo Bugei must figure out how to proceed in life after experience such intense conflicts and such deep loss.

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Taking Care of Business (Suishoku X Mirai)
Shoy
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 01:31 AM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 114

Awards: None

Mirai waited at the train station. She’d chosen a cafe that was just next to it, in part because it would be quicker and easier to navigate to, in part because she wasn’t too familiar with this area of Edo. But she decided to stay at the station to wait for Suishoku there anyway rather than waiting at the cafe because she felt that would be nicer to greet Suishoku at the station. The cafe was barely even fifty metres away, so it wasn’t like it was much of a walk anyway.

She flipped out her phone while she waited and sent off a quick text to Suishoku: I’ll wait at the station. See you there!

Mirai shoved her phone back in her pocket and pulled out a sheet of paper to look over once more before re-folding returning to her pocket. It was a mess of scribbles, though each of the sentences were still legible, they were just written all over the page in odd places at odd angles. It was the list she’d brainstormed, adding a couple of ideas to every day for a couple of weeks. The problem was that it was swiftly becoming such a long, complicated list, and Mirai didn’t know where to start or which of them were even worthwhile ideas. That was the reason she’d asked Suishoku to meet her here today - she wanted a second pair of eyes to help sort through it and help her figure out what to do from here. Mirai was unsure of what she should be doing - all she had was a vague idea that she wanted to be helping people. Doing something for others was what made her feel happiest and most at ease, and she wanted to do more in that regard than she currently was.

Mirai was suitably dressed for the weather: this autumn day was quite chilly, and it was windy, so the cold breeze didn't help matters. She wrapped her scarf a little more tightly around her neck, pulling it up and burying the bottom half of her face in it to keep her nose safe from the cold as she waited for Suishoku to arrive. It would be nice when they could go inside at the cafe and be sheltered from that bitter wind, with a nice mug of coffee in her hands. That would be lovely. And with her brainstorming sheet, a notebook and a few pens in the pocket of her coat, surely they'd be able to get a good amount of work done too.

Alida

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 04:50 PM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

Oddly, this fall season left her more busy than Edo's rebuilding for the first time. Suishoku yawned awake from a nap at her desk in the dorms with some travel brochure windows open on her laptop and a notebook with some travel figures scribbled down. A noticeably draw in her pen showing where her train of thought started to end and a nap was needed. It also had her at her busiest thanks to what happened during the spring. The war and rebellion that erupted across Japan that waved outwards and sucked into the center of Edo left many souls wanting security and closure. No one wanted to stay alone for too long and it felt like the right time to really mend wounds and strengthen bonds. At least those were the feelings she got from the people she has forged bonds with over the last year and then some.

Their faces passed by her mind while rubbing her eyes and reaching for her phone to check what time it was. A message from Mirai blinked on the screen making her wipe the screen to read it over. It's been awhile since they last seen each other during the meeting in Kaga. Mirai survived the front lines and stayed in Kaga to recuperate, if Suishoku was remembering correctly, before returning to Edo some time later. After dealing with the issues in Southern Edo however did they lose track of each other since. Hospital, going back home, assisting rebuilding work and so on kept many people busy the whole period so it wasn't so forlorn a feeling under those circumstances. Suishoku pretty much forgot about her own birthday thanks to that mess.

"Huh, wonder what this is about?" Suishoku mused and read off the message. "Which station is she talking about?" Immediately she let out a small laugh at the sentence and got up to get her overcoat and scarf. If there was going to be a search then she may as well hit the train now.

---

Which station are we meeting at? It might be a few stops.

She sent back just before boarding the train nearest to the school after seeing the girl nowhere in sight. Finding the right station stop around Edo took a twenty minute delay on her part before getting off at the correct train stop to find Mirai waiting for her all bundled up. Similarly in the same fashion of a thick coat and scarf wrapped around like a mask.

"Sorry I'm late," she waved while running down the stairs of the station landing to meet them. The ends of her scarf flapping after her as Suishoku jumped the last cement step to briskly trot over to Mirai.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 12:48 AM

Story Teller

Oh, sorry, it’s Adachi station. Mirai texted back. God, how had she forgotten to put that in? She felt like an idiot. Truth be told, it was likely down to a touch of nerves - she did worry if maybe this would turn out to be a useless venture and none of the ideas would be any good, though that was technically the point of even asking Suishoku to come here in the first place.

Mirai smiled and waved as soon as Suishoku came into view. She hadn’t had the chance to catch up with Suishoku since the battle in- since awhile ago. Yes, that was a better way to phrase it. In any case, everyone had been so busy and it was hard to find the time to take out to relax and meet with people. She’d forgotten how nice it was just to be in contact with people, and in particular it struck her that she’d missed seeing Suishoku around over that time.

Mirai shook her head to Suishoku's apology. “No, it’s all right. I think I’m the one being a bother.” She did feel bad for dragging Suishoku all the way out here. Suishoku was probably busy enough already.

“There’s a cafe over there that looked nice.” Mirai pointed - the cafe’s sign could seen from where they stood. It had the cafe’s name, Sweet Bean, and a cartoon silhoutte of a coffee cup with steam rising from it. “I wanted to talk with you so I thought we could go there while we did. If that’s OK?” She didn't want to start rambling to Suishoku about all these ideas that suddenly seemed fanciful and crazy without getting a response from her first.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 05:55 AM

Platinum Poster

The girl huffed a little from the jog and began to rub the back of her neck. "No no, if you told me sooner then we could have started the day together," she chuckled in keeping the mood light and happy in reuniting with them. To her, Mirai seemed to look fine and well today but it was strange to suddenly be called out. Suishoku gave the girl a smile though as she honestly was glad to see Mirai look so well. It was thought that perhaps Kaga traumatized her too much to turn reclusive. Finding out that her new friend is staying healthy and outside gave hope for a positive chat today.

Her eyes followed Mirai's hand to the cafe the girl had in mind. Sweet Bean looked absolutely adorable in a childish way. "Ooh, never went to this one," the older student beamed and started gravitating toward the cafe but not without grabbing along Mirai's directional arm to tow her along too.

"Sure! Let's get right to it!" Suishoku declared eagerly with more intents on trying out this new cafe with Mirai first and their chat coming second in that order. "So you gotta tell me, how did you stumble across this place?" Of course there wasn't much resistance in sending a light jab to Mirai's department of directions.

--------------------

PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 10:49 PM

Story Teller

Mirai was glad that Suishoku seemed to be enjoying it too. She’d hate to make Suishoku come all this way and then just bore her. Suishoku seemed happy that Mirai had called her out here - “No no, if you told me sooner then we could have started the day together”, and look at that smile on her face - which in turn made Mirai smile broader too. Maybe her ideas wouldn’t seem as ridiculous and fanciful as she feared.

Suishoku mentioned the cafe. “I haven’t eith-” Mirai broke off as Suishoku grabbed her arm and started to pull her along. It wasn’t that she minded, she was just a bit surprised. Suishoku’s next questions were relevant to what she’d been about to say, anyway, so she might as well just answer those instead. She answered the question sincerely, not even noticing the little tease at Mirai’s sense of directions. “Oh, I found it when I wrote “cafe near train station in Edo” into an internet search.” She’d looked for that specifically for two reasons: one was for the simple convience that it would be much easier to get to and from the school and the cafe with a train station handy, and the other was that though she’d heard most of Edo’s really good cafes were in this area she hadn’t gotten around to exploring it properly yet, and thus it increased the risk that she might find herself lost if she had to stray too far from major landmarks. Mirai could generally find her way around a place all right if she'd been there before, but because she'd yet to venture thoroughly to this particular area of Edo she wanted to pick somewhere she knew she'd be able to find quickly. “It had good reviews so I thought it might be nice to try. And if it was near a station I thought it might be more convenient.”

The walk to cafe wasn’t a long one, and the two soon found themselves standing outside the door of Sweet Bean. It was moderately busy though not packed, so though it would be a little noisy inside there were still plenty of empty tables. It looked like a pretty cosy joint, small but clean with cheerful decorations hung on the walls. There were a couple of tables outside too, though they were empty at the moment, probably due to the chilly weather.

"It does look nice," she said.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 09:24 AM

Platinum Poster

"Good reviews? Oooh, that's smart. I've been busy looking up hotels that I forgot about that. I should do that, yeah, I should do that." Hunger was a compelling thing and she hoped, for a tiny bit in the back of her mind, that Mirai wasn't dragged too firmly or quickly behind her as they crossed the road and made it into the cafe. Suishoku did only woken up from some work at the dorms and went straight to the train station to meet up with Mirai. Not a single coffee milk or train bento was bought during the whole trip so she was hungry to have something warm and soothing in her.

The cafe doors swung open a bit widely as the two girls walked in. The warm smells making her mouth water as Suishoku looked around for any signs of what food samples there were. Mirai commented on how nice it looked and it certainly was. Cozy and warm and all that soft warm feelings around the walls that were mostly ignored as Suishoku tried to find something that looked like a picture menu of food than text letters. "Ooh, but it is very warm. Great find," she said as one of the waiters guided them to a two person table. It wasn't till they were placed at the table with menus before them did Suishoku now realize she's literally been dragging Mirai the whole way. Even to their table!

"Ah, s-sorry. I don't know what came over me," Suishoku apologized both red in embarrassment and from the cold. She even turned to the waiter and handed the menu back without even browsing it. "I'll take whatever hot special you have today and a mocha." She told them, hoping to send them away to divert all their attention fro Mirai to order something. Once the waiter stopped looking at her did the Elite student placed a bit of her scarf over her face to hide for a moment till the redness in her cheeks died down.

Shoy

--------------------

PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 09:32 PM

Story Teller

“I mean, I just looked at the page online and it said it was a good place, so…” Mirai shrugged. She hadn’t thought much of it at the time - it was just an easy way to gauge what the place would be like by seeing what other people had to say about it. She hadn’t really thought about it as being particularly smart but if Suishoku hadn’t thought of doing it then maybe it was.

Mirai inhaled as they entered the cafe. It smelled delicious - the scent of the food and coffee already served to the customers was all around them and if it tasted even half as good as it smelled then they would be in for a treat.

A waiter soon guided them to a small table. Soon after they had their menus Suishoku’s face went bright red and she stuttered an apology. Mirai had almost forgotten that Suishoku was even dragging her along and honestly didn’t mind it. It was just one friend pulling along another. Mirai giggled a little, amused by how embarrassed Suishoku was at something so small and insignificant. “No, it’s all right,” she said, shaking her head.

It was her turn to order. Mirai had already eaten that morning back in the dorms, so she didn’t order anything to eat, though there was always the possibility for later if they stayed for awhile. “Could I have just a long black?”

After jotting down their orders, the waiter bowed and headed off, leaving the two on their own for the moment.

Even though it weighed virtually nothing, Mirai felt like she could feel the weight of the paper in her pocket. It was why she’d called Suishoku here, but she ignored it for the moment. She hadn’t seen the older girl in awhile and wanted a moment just to catch up with her. “It's, um, it's been awhile, hasn't it?”

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 06:07 AM

Platinum Poster

She sat rather informally with her chin resting in her hand and elbow on the table, letting out a deep sigh to cool down. It wasn't as if she was no longer allowed to feel flustered as an Elite student but it has been some time to feel like the world was just going to fly away like wind swept papers. Suishoku looked as if she was taking a nap right there in the cafe till their drinks arrived. There was no telling what she ordered after not taking a look at what it was but once a small glass of water arrived at their table did she take a large drink to down half of it before speaking her counter argument to Mirai.

"Oh you're just being nice. I don't normally drag people around, honest," she explained to make light of that for herself than Mirai's already given dismissive of the event. She drew slower sip this time and looked at her friend across the table. It was pretty clear that something was on their mind but after what has happened from Kaga to now, however, the look wasn't of fear or that distant mile stare so what was it? Her brow raised a little while waiting in anticipation.

"Yeah, it's been awhile," Suishoku answered a little too frank for the situation. "Sorry I couldn't keep in touch sooner." An apology would do. What happened after her mission left her unable to contact most people anyway before getting swept up with the rebuilding and home tending. This was all her own excuses which left it open, if willing, for Mirai to share her part of the aftermath. "Um, what about you? What'd you do after all that? I've only heard some things here and there." What she heard was best left as lightly touched upon as possible. The worst case was how the school and its students turned on each other while the city did the same thing. She hoped Mirai wasn't involved in any of that and from how Mirai sat before her, Suishoku smiled a little in thinking that Mirai may have been spared of those nightmares.

--------------------

PM
^
Shoy
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 07:35 PM

Story Teller

Mirai could have argued more over the whole dragging thing - she wasn’t “just being nice”, it legitimately wasn’t something she cared about, particularly considering that Suishoku had apologised for it. But it wasn’t worth arguing over. It wasn’t an important point and Mirai didn’t want cause a fuss over it.

Mirai had to force herself to think of Suishoku’s “after all that” as “after the last time we saw each other” and not as “after the battle in Kanazawa”. She didn’t even want to think about the latter and it made the question easier to answer to think of it as the former. “Oh, a few things here and there…” Mirai cleared her throat. “Helping out around Edo to put everything back together, I don’t know much about building so I couldn’t help much but I did painting and stuff for new buildings and damaged ones.” It was noteworthy how vague Mirai was to avoid mentioning any battles, even the one that had taken place in Edo - she just mentioned the rebuilding and reconstructing. And no mention of how Mirai herself had fared in that time - no mention of the nightmares and the thoughts she couldn’t get out of her head, no mention that she’d even swapped out her clubs to avoid being in the Bugei club, mostly to avoid the fighting that came with it, even if that fighting was only sparring.

The list in her pocket technically also counted as something she'd been up too since she last saw Suishoku, but she wanted to get to that in proper detail, and so she'd get to that later, after she returned the question to Suishoku. First of all it was simply polite, but she did wonder what Suishoku had been getting up to all this time. Mirai only hoped the answer wouldn't bring them back to fighting and battles.

"What about you?" Mirai asked. "What have you been up to since last time?"

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 05:42 AM

Platinum Poster

"Sounds neat. My usual work was resupplying first response packs on and off some working out. I joined the physical work a bit later so they got work out of me by other means. Eventually saw the folks though and they're alright but a bit shaken." Suishoku explained, purposely omitting her relic, and drank some water that came out in the waiting period of their meal. The whole thing wasn't something she could be bitter about when living under the accepted reality of being useful. She drank up the cool water and set it down before giving a shrug about the whole thing. "Hopefully break this year would be longer." It was about as lightly put she could think of.

She then leaned forward a bit with an inquiring look on what this whole thing was about. Cafes and lunches are wonderful all but what was today's meeting before the food arrives. "But I do got plans on an event later. You got my messages right? I want to have a hang out back home. It's...well, honestly, a bit shaky but I'm glad you're aboard." Suishoku smiled widely. Her plans were a hit or miss. To have people want to join in was amazing enough to encourage her to keep going finalize it all.

"So what's the sudden call for today?"

--------------------

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel