Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Oi, I killed your boss., Oh, and his brother.
Kitsu
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 11:09 PM

Story Teller

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Awards: None

Kitsu had solidified most of his foothold as the primary gang in Eastern Edo. The Iga Revival clan symbol was everywhere and it was beautiful. However, he heard word that the Yakuza had agents in the area still. His own people were mainly lounging for the day, with the holidays close, and weren't on their normal patrols. Kitsu was on his own in the hustling bustling city streets of East Edo, the place he's calling home for his gang leader adventures.

He strolled casually down the street, pondering his next moves by deciding if he should attack a nearby group or not. It was the holidays, and it would be rude to interrupt celebrations and the like for what is usually a violent encounter. He thought almost fondly about the two skulls in his makeshift office, and how he'd love to add more to it to demonstrate his ability. The first was King, Yakuza lord turned terrorist. Extorting civilians with games of 'chance', protection rackets, and other techniques for getting money out of the populous was one thing, but when you openly murder civilians with no reason but to do it you get put on everyone's radar. Especially an aspiring gang leader who was justified to kill him by order of the shogunate as a cover.

The other skull just so happen to be King's brother, Daito. He was for some reason attacking East Edo durring the Ikko invasion, possibly to gain the territory as his own after the enemy won. Kitsu remembered it pretty clearly, he had arrived to the fight after 3 others had already tried to fight him. It only took 2 attacks and Kitsu finished him off, took his head, and had it sent back to his office for decoration. He smiled warmly as he remembered his recent and few triumphs, not paying attention to where he was walking for the most part.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
DynDyn
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 04:39 PM

Member No.: 154

As Hisashi found himself walking through the Eastern Edo streets, he couldn't help but notice there was quite the strange amount of symbols around. He didn't quite understand them, but then again it wasn't really his place to care. Supposedly, someone was running his people out of the place and interrupting business. Once more, Hisashi didn't particularly care until he heard that someone had decided it would be fair to start lopping heads. With only the bodies of the two scum that used to run this place remaining after some confrontations, the higher ups had decided that someone would need to investigate this mess that some strange gang was stirring up.

Against his own wishes, his mentor had decided it would be Hisashi. It annoyed the young man greatly to have to step into this sort of affairs, even more so when he was trying to avoid it for Bugei's reputation. Yet trouble wasn't going to just shrink away just because it would be polite. Growling slightly, Hisashi felt along his coat for a moment as he patted the blade hidden inside before making his hand trail up until he discovered where he last put his cigarettes. Quickly fetching one from the small box, he didn't hesitate to light it and take a drag as little ash fell to the ground.

For the most part, Hisashi didn't plan to look for trouble. At least not until he decided what kind of person he would be meeting. Yet that didn't mean he was going to be caught unprepared either. But what mattered now was trying to flush whoever this man was out. As his eye found itself drawn to one of the symbols again, Hisashi suddenly pondered before going to walk over to it. Were they related? It wasn't like it was the first time a gang tried to do this in Japan, though usually they were crushed outright by either the police, Yakuza, or their own incompetence. He felt reluctant, but figured it was as good an idea as any. Hisashi had pulled his cigarette from his lips and began to push it into the wall, leaving a light scorch mark onto it, figuring it would be enough of a disrespectful gesture to get some attention. Quickly, he pulled the cigarette back into his mouth and sighed. Turning his back to it after and leaning on the wall beside it, he figured all he had to do was wait for some punk to notice and start a scene.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 02:47 PM

Story Teller

Several civilians who witnessed the desecration of the Iga mon that was spray painted on the wall. Some of them turned their eyes away from it as if since they didn't see it, they wouldn't be involved, others saw it and quickly hurried from the area. For convenient plot reasons, Kitsu just so happened to be sitting on a bench across the street from the incident.

He normally wouldn't be bothered by things like this, but with reports of rival gangs trying to move back in, he couldn't let it go. He would saunter across the street, his red Kimono blowing in the light breeze. His arms were folded, but his face showed very little concern about the situation. It was obvious that Kitsu was was involved with it since he had the same insignia on many parts of his clothing, not to mention etched into his gun.

He stopped near Hisashi and looked at the gang tag on the wall. "Give me a reason to let this go, and you can walk away."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
DynDyn
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 05:48 PM

As Hisashi rested his back against the wall, he seemed fairly content with just simply leaning back to take in the scene. He could tell by the way that some of those around him acted that whatever he did was obviously a big deal. It wouldn't take long for some gangsters on patrol or something to come find him. What happened after? Hisashi didn't really bother with trying to guess all the possibilities though he felt like it would probably be less good than he wanted.

In a sudden, his gaze was pulled from the random street walkers to the man in his Kimono. Glancing from the top to the bottom, Hisashi could clearly see he succeeded in drawing out whatever he could've out of this little gang. The symbols did little to hide the man's allegiance and Hisashi briefly pondered if the fellow had ever heard of subtlety. Glancing over the man, he also evidently saw he was packing. Yep, definitely not the subtle type if his choice of weapon alone was any indicator.

Sighing a bit as he blew a bit more smoke out, he gave the man a chance to say his piece. Likely Hisashi wasn't going to probably like what was said, but that came with the job. After listening to him, Hisashi merely took a moment to flick some of the ash off his cig before grunting as he moved his hand into the pocket of his dress pants. Slowly, he would pull it out along with a photo, carefully unfolding it between his fingers before going to present it to him with a clearly unamused look.

For a few moments, he simply held the picture up for the strange gangster to see clearly. It was evidently a picture of various Yakuaz members who had their faces blacked out, likely preventing them from being recognized. Among the group of people however, there were two side by side who remained completely unaltered. Both men, not very cheerful in their picture, were clearly King and Daito or at least their younger selves from some years back. Despite this, they wouldn't look all that different to how they were before their end. "I'm here to ask some questions mostly. Do you know these two men? Do you know anyone affiliated with this gang who knows these two men? If you do, I expect you to answer fully and honestly. The sooner I receive my answers, the sooner this whole matter can be closed." he spoke with a voice of authority, clearly not intimidated despite being in the heart of a new enemy's territory.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 08:33 AM

Story Teller

Kitsu observed the potential enemy start to reach toward his pocket. This made Kitsu instinctively place his hand on his gun, ready for anything. A picture was produced, and Kitsu took it in his free hand, looking at it and listening to why this person was out here marking up his clan tag on the wall. Looking for these people...of course they would send someone to find out why they died. "Oh yeah, I killed those guys."

With that sentence, Kitsu crumpled up the picture and let it fall to the ground. He turned around and started walking away. "And unless you wanna end up with your skull mounted in my office like their's are, I'd suggest you leave it at that and go back where you came from." Every fiber of Kitsu's muscles were ready to draw his weapons as he walked, never truly letting his guard down at this point. "Both of them were priority targets set by the Shogunate. It just so happened that they were in my way too."

It was true. King (or the Yakuza lord who called himself King) was wanted dead by the Shogunate for his harassment and killing of civilians, and Daito, King's brother, sided with the Ikko in the recent assault possibly to get revenge for his brother's death. Kitsu wasn't aware that Daito was THAT important to the Yakuza, however, to warrant someone looking for him as well.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
DynDyn
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 08:35 AM

Narrowing his eye at the rather dismissive confession the man made following by the picture being thrown to the ground, Hisashi sighed a bit and gave a light shake of his head. Turning his neck to let it loosen up a bit, the young man followed after the other one whilst following his pace, choosing to keep a respectable distance away. "I think you don't really comprehend what is going on." Hisashi would finally say as he slowly pulled his cigarette from his mouth, holding it while his other hand brushed some stray hair aside. He felt frustrated, yet he was reeling it back for now. He knew what was on the line even if this idiot clearly didn't.

"Now maybe this isn't clear to you. But what you did? It's what would ordinarily be called an act of war. Right now, two sects are barking like little loyal lapdogs over their bosses death to the people in charge. Now if it had been a death by police or an interfamily thing, it would be easy to write off." he stopped, going to dust off the cigarette before he uses his other hand to take out a small notebook, flicking the top over with his thumb. "But to not only kill, but then claim their heads. . . You made a lot of problems for me." he would click his tongue at the end of the statement, rubbing his forehead for a moment. "I'm trying to be respectful. I understand if the Shogunate wanted them gone. Hell, nobody wanted them gone more than me. What I don't understand is what that has to do with you. You're just some kid as far as anyone at home knows. We just need answers to this irregular case." he'd finally finish explaining.

With that, he dropped the cigarette he had and promptly stomped out what life it still had. "I don't really care about your personal vendetta. Believe me when I say if it was up to me, they would've been on the chopping block long ago. But if I don't get answers, fights start breaking out here. Innocent people get drawn in to your little gang grudge which will piss me off. All of a sudden, police start swarming the area busting both of our people which pisses everyone off. So I'm going to offer you a deal. I'll buy you a beer, you share everything. If you don't, I'll try to kick your ass so I can make you talk. Either way, I'm not going to let normal people get hurt because of your ego." he would state bluntly, his tone growing heavy as it would be clear he's doing his best to hold himself back. "Please take the smart choice."

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 01:38 PM

Story Teller

Kitsu thought for a moment, his arms still folded. There may not be a reason to make an enemy out of this. "King was a renegade that destroyed the lives of civilians for little reason except that he wanted to. Out of control and violent, the shogunate needed someone to go after him." He took a breath and thought for a moment again, negotiations would be interesting if it was left at this point. His only rule was he would never give up the skulls.

"With the Yakuza not being in the area after the head was cut off the snake, so to speak, many lesser gangs began a war that I personally ended with the aid of a small group of people who were soon brought into a new fold. Mine." He remembered the mission clearly. "I have his head because he was worthy of me having it. Period." Kitsu looked very angry and deadly serious currently, as if he could draw and fire at any time. "His brother died because he was a direct threat to Eastern Edo, which was now under my control. The civilian casualties were my responsibility. I'm fully aware of what is going on, but you can take your act of war talk and shove it up your boss's ass. If it wasn't for me, this place would still be chaos and under the control of some group of stupid kids that just want a crime spree."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
DynDyn
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 03:10 PM

Seeming to listen with a faint bit of direct attention on him, Hisashi would seem to wait a moment before going to pull a small notepad with pen from the inside of his coat. It wouldn't do to just end up losing track of the details after all. Making sure to note that it was the shogunate itself that supposedly gave the order, the young man couldn't help but feel a sigh escape his lips. All he could think was this was such a stupid mess of stupid people. Why did he have to be the one dealing with this ass? The man was practically dripping with arrogance even when he did comply.

Still, Hisashi was going to do his job as much as he loathed it. "Yes. That's very impressive boasting. Good job. Except for the part where if you had done nothing, a lot of those lesser gangs wouldn't had appeared in the first place." he said nonchalantly as it was evident his own patience was wearing thin. Once more, he seemed to scribble down only the bare necessity of details to present to his superiors, doing his best to try posing it in a light where there would be no way to justify on this random gang. It was fairly hard without outright lying. "I don't plan to just stand here and be insulted. If you have anything else worth sharing, which I doubt, I'm going to be leaving now. Thanks for the fairly unpleasant opportunity to meet you." he would say simply as he turned to leave, going to reach into his coat to put away the notes while keeping a cautious hand on his tantō incase. You couldn't really trust these street types after all.

--------------------
PM
^
Kitsu
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 04:05 PM

Story Teller

Making an enemy of the Yakuza wasn't smart. Taking down a wayward lord that was so twisted that he killed random civilians was one thing, but taking on even one that was smart and in their right mind would surely be a death sentence for such a small clan, or gang, as his.

"O-Oi!"

Kitsu called out. "I'm not so arrogant as to let a potential ally walk away irritated. Lets go get that drink, maybe talk a bit." His tone was different, and now almost caring. A definite change from his earlier attitude.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute Sidereal Gardens The Gaea Chronicles AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Kids in America Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK