Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Easedropping (Makoto)
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 05:24 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

Bu had been having a good day, it wasn't fantastic, but it was a significant improvement on Sunday where she had spent a lot of money on a waste of time. Bu was nothing if not outspoken so she'd been simmering about Sunday all morning and then it was finally afternoon and her combat training class had started. Nothing like a few drills and some heavy sparring to improve your mood. It was cathartic really, you could just let all that emotion out, Bu, not being the sort to keep it in, split the time between sparring complaining about her day to her partner.

She had spent the evening before looking to get herself a tattoo. After all, what would be cooler than that. A real finger to the Man. And she had the perfect design too. The fight with the ninja had left its mark, mostly in the form of faded burn scars from wrist to elbow. He'd burned her favorite jacket, her iconic jacket in fact. Also her but she wasn't so much bothered about that. So her tattoo idea was a dragon head coming down from the shoulders and her lower arm would be coming out of its mouth. How cool was that? That'd make the burns almost decorative.

It hadn't turned out. In fact, she'd had to pay for damages. The artist had broken his machine on her shoulder. Like, in seconds it was smoking, the needle was bent, and it was oozing ink everywhere. So maybe she'd forgotten about her artifact. But it hadn't been a problem before. She'd had shots before with it on, she'd cut herself with her razor blades before. She couldn't be blamed. She had been and she'd had to leave without the tattoo or her down payment.

She had been complaining and somebody ratted her out, or maybe the teacher had overheard her. She'd had to listen to a lecture, joy, and been sent to the office to get another one. What a drag. If she heard another lecture on upholding traditional standards of the nobility or whatever she might puke. Stuck up twits. Only one of them was worth a damn.

So there she was, sitting in a chair outside the headmasters office while he did something or other. Could be ages, could be short, she didn't know or care. She slouched down, bare arms, inkless, crossed under her breasts. She was in her workout clothes still too. A tight grey sleeveless tank and just as grey cloth shorts. At least they were a step up from bloomers.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 06:54 PM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 81

For some, the day can be either good or bad, like a see-saw. For others, however, it is like an elevator, an elevator in which someone has pushed ALL of the buttons, and that you're stuck waiting for the trip to finally end. You get on it, and you can't be sure of when it will all be over and you can get on with your life. The uncertainty of it all can leave some irritated, or possibly unfocused, or even focused on the wrong thing.

In Makoto's case, it was a case of that elevator having fallen several floors, near to the bottom, and then only gradually beginning to lift again, possibly due to her pulling at the wires. Eventually, she will come out of it, but for now...her focus could be off, pointed in the wrong direction. It had been before. In fact, it was technically the cause of this. A little dart with a note on it had, during class, suddenly stuck to her desk.

TO: Makoto Shiyo

office, for reasons of having contributed to a situation
resulting in the damage of a clothing store.

Report immediately.

End of line.

She stared at the message, understanding immediately the reason for it.

Ohhh...crap.

This wasn't going to be very pleasant. The police hadn't really bothered to follow up on that, having been satisfied or at least not being able to push further on the issue, but...it seemed that the school had taken notice and put two and two together, once they received a report from someone. Did they have ninjas following people around? Maybe. Getting herself excused from class, she headed down to the headmaster's office. Once inside the faculty area, Makoto saw that she wasn't the only one in trouble. There was a girl here she didn't know.

Half a year out will do that to you. There's alot of people I don't know.

To her mind, the blonde-haired girl seemed irritated, probably for being here. Well, there, Makoto had some sympathy. She'd only gotten into that fight because Kitsu made himself out as some kind of criminal, and she had her yari on her at the time. Anyway, he had caused the damages. Hell, he even paid for them, voluntarily! It was a simple case of misunderstanding someone. Why did the staff have to giive her grief over it? So, she sat down with the sigh of one figuring that this was not deserved.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 07:50 PM

Elite Member

It had been ages, probably an entire new age had passed, dynasties had risen and fallen, the universe had died and been reborn and yet here she sat, still waiting for the old codger to hurry up and be done. At least five entire minutes had passed by. Frankly, the option to bale on the talk was growing more appealing by the second but that would probably get caught and that would mean more punishments. Bu's sulk was interrupted by a new arrival to the purgatory of the headmaster's office. At least she wouldn't be suffering alone.

She rolled her head back and over to look at the girl. This one had been in class, you could tell because she was wearing clothes and didn't seem scuffed up. Not a fight then, maybe she'd fallen asleep in a boring class, that was always tempting. "Sup." she held up a V sign. Nah, she looked to alert to have just woken up. She was nervous too, by the looks of her. Like a salaryman realising he'd been joined by half a dozen bikers on his walk down the street. Bu knew that look well enough. It was the look that said 'I regret the path that led me here.' Very expressive that look.

Oh well, either she'd get used to authority lecturing at her or she'd become a keen and well meaning schmuck of a citizen. The latter being most likely, seemed to be what the school was designed to churn out. Bu stuck her legs out and crossed them at the ankle, adopting a more relaxed pose with her hands behind her head. Admittedly it was less comfortable than sitting on the chair normally but the Man wouldn't want her to slouch so he could go eat his own shoes. "What are you in for?"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 08:07 PM

Elite Member

Unlike Bu, Makoto had indeed been in class, and when fighting didn't exactly have to rough-and-tumble either. Partially because she was a pole-arm fighter and partially because her style was so attack-oriented that she was likely to inflict way more than she would receive, she seemed cleaner, overall. This was, however, slightly untrue. She had long socks and sleeves and whatnot to cover it, but...Buru wasn't the only one here with scars. Right now, that was the furthest thing from Makoto's mind, though, so let's not dwell upon that.

The other girl drew her attention, at the moment. She'd been sup'd, and the act of it brought her out of her morose meanderings on the predicament at hand, for the moment. Makoto blinked, largely due to the fact that she'd just expected to be sitting here in imposing silence. Contrary to that, the girl across from her had decided to go from looking irritated to making conversation. Okay, why not? There weren't any signs or anything. What harm could it do? Besides, explaining the situation to her would make it easier to defend herself from the Headmaster.

"I was in a fight, actually. Not here. It was days ago, at a clothing store. With another Scion. And...I didn't know that, at first."

This...wasn't looking very good, so far.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 08:34 PM

Elite Member

A fight, now that was interesting. Maybe she'd been way off. But no, the girl clarified that it had been a few days past. Weird that it had taken the school so long to respond, even if it was off campus. Maybe somebody had accidentally spilled the beans after a few days like Bu had. Shame she could only blame herself. It'd be nice to punch somebody to get out the excess frustration. She'd just have to make do with getting punched.

"Must have been a pretty good sale." She said with a snort. "Did you win? Magical types can be pretty unpredictable, doncha know." There was the ones she'd fought, there was the biker, there was the kid playing at being a gangster. That wasn't to say the non scions weren't dangerous too, at least at school. They had to deal with magic while at a disadvantage. People around the city were more squishy though.

"Did you set the store on fire or something? Ah've always had a lot of trouble avoiding the whole collateral damage side of things when I get down and dirty in a brawl." She brought her hands up and made a few boxing motions in front of her. "Broke the roof awhile back, well, not me. I was thrown off it." She paused and stared up at the ceiling as she reconsidered her words. "Technically it was me breaking the railing." Then she shrugged.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 08:55 PM

Elite Member

A sale? At that store? That was an expensive made-to-order place that she'd been in a fight at. She was there to get some formal attire because, due to the earthquake, she didn't have any. Earthquakes have a terrible habit of ruining everything. For her, it was more true than usual. Makoto had been out that day because 90% of her wardrobe had been kaput, and she hadn't exactly the chance to deal with that until much later.

She had no idea why it would've taken them time to get to her on this situation. It'd seemed like that would be the end of it. Hard to believe that was not the case. Maybe they just didn't catch up to Kitsu for that long. Still, the other girl had some very odd ways of looking at her statement.

"It wasn't over a sale, and I guess I won, but he wasn't guilty, so I couldn't really do anything with him."

Since Kitsu had turned out to be an Iga clan member and a Scion from the Bugei, he was NOT the store robber that she thought he was. He didn't put up much of a fight once it was realized what was going on. Makoto paused as the other girl spoke about some past fights that she'd been in and the trickiness of dealing with those who have powers. She seemed to be a fighter, herself. The look of her, maybe she was a Scion, as well.

Well, you're in a school for them, Makoto. You can't shake your spear around without hitting one, probably.

Then...

"Wait, the roof? This one, up on the school? I wondered why it was off-limits. You should be more careful. I didn't set the store on fire. I...kinda' wanted to shop there. The other guy put a big hole in it with his gun.

And when she says big, she means BIG. Makoto was making hand gestures to indicate several feet across of hole.

"I have to be careful with my powers. I actually have fire, and one of my attacks spews out fire as a side-effect of the actual move. I...did that to a hospital entranceway, once. It was when the Ikko Ikki was here."

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 09:17 PM

Elite Member

He, so she'd been in a fight at a clothing store with a boy. What an odd and unexpected development. "Well if you find a guy at a fancy boutique, it's a good bet they need a good thrashing." Bu said matter of factly, she considered it an essential truth. Actually, most guys did on principle. Best way to get their attention. "Oh well, you gotta react sometimes before it's too late. Second guessing yourself is pointless." She patted her stomach, "Trust your gut, eventually it'll be smart." Too many people she'd been meeting put her faith in their head. Her sponsor had used his gut and it was going well. Sort of.

"Hey," she sat up straight on the edge of her seat, "are you talking about that Kitsu guy?" She hadn't met really anyone else with a gun based power like that. She started laughing and pointed at the other girl with excitement. "He's the guy who threw me off the roof." She smiled as the laughter was suppressed and sat back with a smirk. "Good times. But this was ages ago, before the Ikko thing. I asked if he wanted to team up. He said no."

Fire was a rather common power set here at the school, and outside it too. "I wish I had a bit of fire, or something flashy." She held out her arms and twisted them around, looking at the scars. "Wouldn't mind fighting fire with fire too."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 09:43 PM

Elite Member

Hah! Wait, what? Wow, this girl really seemed to look for a fight alot. Small wonder the Headmaster wanted to see her. Well, they were in the same boat right now, regardless of why. Still, she was right about one thing...

"I did. I really did go with my gut reaction. How was I to know otherwise? He came off shifty-as-hell and he had a gun."

And then, the penny must've dropped for Bu, because she suddenly hit the nail on the head by naming 'That Kitsu guy'. Makoto's surprise at how easily she came to that conclusion was priceless. It was like a release valve being pulled, as her arms came up, suddenly and exuberantly.

"Yes! Exactly him! All he had to do was say 'I am a Scion', and the whole thing would've made more sense!"

Weirdly, the other girl found this funny, because Kitsu had been the one to throw her off the roof. This was...ah yes... She would've heard, if she hadn't been in the coma. Still, this confirmed two things for her: Kitsu was a real jerk, and this girl was definitely a tough. She could laugh off falling off a roof, while Makoto had been traumatized by the roof's predecessor falling in on her. It was hard to imagine that she didn't want to beat him into the ground for a roof-tossing.

Maybe that's just how she is. 'Tis but a scratch!', and all that.

Then again, there was some scarring...

"Was umm...that from the fall? No, wait... You actually meant fire there, didn't you? Don't tell me there's a fire Scion who's a pyromaniac too..."

You could never tell, in this place. Scions took on traits of the people who owned their relics previously, like her and Maeda Toshiie. While she was in a coma, Makoto had received visions of slaughter at the hands of one of Oda Nobunaga's generals and personal friend. It was something she really tapped into, while fighting, now.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 10:09 PM

Elite Member

"God, Ah know, right? You look up shifty and you're gonna see Kitsu in the dictionary." He was a dirty character, but not a traitor or anything. Bu had been right not to suspect him, but maybe she had underestimated how helpful he'd be to the cause of saving the country. Oh well, you live, learn, and then come back to victory later. "He's super quick on the draw. Ah just wanted to tell him Ah was going to be wandering around asking questions and seeing if the gangs had teamed up with the Ikko and he's gotta flash that machismo and spray testosterone all over the place. Especially with his little pop gun." She shrugged, you give a boy a gun and suddenly he thinks he's big man on campus.

It was nice to connect with somebody who understood, at least to some extent. But fire, that was a difference worth talking about, and maybe bragging. "Yep, real fire, doncha know." It had been a hell of a fight. "Might be, might not be. It was one of the rebel types. Master ninja guy tried to drop a giant fire bomb on one of the other girls and I caught it instead. We stabbed him a bit, punched him, but the body disappeared so who knows if we got him." She shrugged again. They'd done their best and the mummy was an unexpected interruption.

"But hey, these are proof I did good work, doncha know." A reminder that she was more than just a punk. She was basically a hero, the girl was a fancy upper class scion, that could be a favor if Bu was the sort to keep track of stuff like that. Grudges were all she really held on to.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 10:46 PM

Elite Member

As Makoto began to calm herself down, she couldn't help but smile as the other girl spoke on. Kitsu was shifty, alright. Full of himself too. She found herself liking this conversation, if only to blow off the steam that was built up by the situation HE caused. Still, and this caught in her brain for a moment, did it seem like the other girl had a problem with boys in general? Maybe some bad experiences... She was a fighter. Stood to reason she had to defend herself from something.

She spoke differently too. Makoto wondered... Was she from a different part of Japan or different background? Or both? She'd been burnt by a real fire, but it didn't sound like a Scion. With a bomb, it sounded like...

"Ah, so you were fighting the crazed monks when that happened. I heard they had some Scions, but not that many."

She let out a sigh.

"I'm gonna be honest, I'm a bit envious that you were able to get in the thick of it. Not that I go looking for fights, but I wanted to help defend Edo, and I was in the hospital, waiting on proper release. I ended up defending the hospital itself, though, because they didn't have enough people guarding it."

Because of the sudden attack and the surprising amount of traitors within their very own borders, the home defense was spread kind of thin.

"It actually kind of worked out. I was in pain, and my attacks are stronger when that happens."

This would be a novelty to Bu: She was a girl with alot of defensive power, being able to take hits like crazy, and here she was meeting someone who was very much attack-oriented. Funny old world, innit?

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 04:29 PM

Elite Member

"I don't know how many they had but our crazy ninja guy was definitely one." The nasty bastard that he was. "He had the fireball thing from his hand and then, after we had him pinned down and stabbed, he did something weird to our minds, made us see stuff." It had been awhile and taken a good amount of convincing for her to get over that. There were some nasty secrets revealed but eventually she had been forced to accept that it wasn't real and the other members of her team didn't deserve a few broken teeth. The memory still left her tense though.

She looked over at the other girl and scoffed. "Well, there's a lot to be envious about. You missed some real glory. Dead kids and students lying around beside dead traitors and townsfolk. Glorious." she said bitterly. "Ain't the proper way to have a fight. If you defended the hospital or anywhere at all, you did your part. No reason to go looking for death."

Killing shouldn't be what fighting was about. You fought, beat each other senseless, then shook hands. Fighting was about making friends, showing off. If you killed the people you fought, how would they know you were better than them? How would they get better for the next fight? How would you know you were getting better too? Save the killing for the scum.

She looked at her hands, held them up towards the window. They had taken lives, killed people, people who totally deserved it. Still, that was different. A different kind of pleasure, nastier, vicious. It was the difference between fun and satisfaction. "Ain't the point of fighting."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 04:49 PM

Elite Member

See stuff? A ninja made her and everyone else hallucinate? It didn't sound like come kind of smoke-and-mirrors trick, so maybe it was a real illusion...iif you could call it such things. No, what we mean is that if it wasn't a trick, a special method of tricking you normally, then it would have to be Scion power. It sounded like she had a hard time of it, to say the least. However, what she said next was... No, she didn't mean it like that. Makoto shook her head.

"I wasn't looking for death. I wanted to keep others alive. I guess I did, but if I'd been healthy, I'd've done more."

After all, she was a vital, physical sort who could run a fair clip. She might even try some track-running, if she found the time. In her case, though, Makoto tended to self-impose a busy schedule, so that thought might not hold. the girl continued on about how the war and killing wasn't the point of fighting. Makoto considered herself a protector, in fighting, keeping others from harm by inflicting it on those who want it so badly.

"I'm with you, on the meaningless death bit. Really, the only reason I would is because there would be more death if I don't. Not very pleasant thinking."

Her shame wasn't that she killed more, but that she could've done more to make the death count LESS. Still, what can you do? She defended the hospital she'd been staying at. It was her limit, at the time. There wasn't anything more that can be said. She hadn't even been use to her new powers yet. Better now, of course. Makoto looked at the door, then at the other girl. This might take a while... Why not? She seemed alright. The glasses girl nnow extended a hand over.

"I'm Makoto."

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 05:00 PM

Elite Member

Bu shrugged. It always seemed to come back to some dead person or the other. Oh well, it was the way of the academy, train up meat for the grinder. Still, she got a few fancy toys out of it and she did her part for the emperor. That was all that mattered, in the end. Everything else was window dressing and and it was best to enjoy it.

"Hey, if you had been somewhere else, the death at the hospital might have been worse. You can't underestimate how much difference a single person can do, both for harm or good, but you're still just one person." She reached over and gave the hand a slap rather than a shake. "Call me Bu." She put her hands back behind her head and stretched out her legs. "Back on more mind numbing prospects. I'm here because I didn't get a tattoo." She glanced over at Makoto. "Gonna be a really cool one too, everyone would be jealous." Bu grinned.

"The old gang, the other students, hell, that ghost would be too." The ghost rider had seemed like a pretty cool chick, even if she wasn't a real ghost. Especially on the motorcycle. Bu would have liked to hang out with her some more, maybe do a few midnight rides. Maybe learn how to do the whole driving up walls thing too. "But I broke the machine and they heard me complaining so here I am." She made a blech sound. "Total pain."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 05:17 PM

Elite Member

Bu? Okay, that was different. Still, Bu had a point. She was only one person, and no matter how strong she was or how much reach her yari had, she couldn't do it all. Makoto's problem was, of course, that she felt that she needed to do more and more because so much had been taken away from her. It was like a trauma conga line. The earthquake, the coma, the visions, the shocking awakening, the learning of her parents' fate - pretty bad stuff. But anyway, enough about her. Bu was here because...uhh...

"You're here because you didn't get a tattoo?"

This needed some explaining, some context, some background. Fortunately, the tough blonde was more than willing to supply it. She didn't know what Bu meant by Ghost, but the rest of it started to make sense. They must've been angry with her because she was going to get a tattoo, even though she was clearly disappointed in the failure, as is. Makoto crossed one leg over the other, in an effort to get some comfort for herself, now.

"That doesn't seem fair at all. You don't have the tattoo. They don't need to have a word with you over it. They don't need me I didn't break anything, or hurt anyone, or really cause the commotion."

It was, basically, Kitsu's fault, all over. She'd felt a little responsible before, but...not if they were going to drill her like she'd done the damage herself. Then, because she appreciated art, and that tattoos were technically art, she had to wonder...

"So, what was it going to be, Bu?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 05:29 PM

Elite Member

"Ah know, it's such crap." At least this girl, right, Makoto, was getting it. How could it be fair to punish somebody for failing to do something wrong. Hell, it wasn't even wrong. Just because some people had their heads up their asses it didn't mean that tattoos were bad. Who gave a crap about looking honorable. That's what schmucks and salarymen were for. "That's what this place is, just rules and tradition and boring stuff, doncha know." She thrust a fist into the air. "Gotta fight, be an individual."

Can't let the man get you down. If she wanted to feel the motorcycle hum or throw down in the back alleys, or get a super awesome tattoo, she should be allowed to do it. "It was going to be so freaking awesome." She sat up and held out her arm. "So we've got the burns all here, right?" she ran one hand down the lower half of her arm. "I was like, these are super tame. So I was going to get a dragon head on each bicep. Like, the whole upper half of my arm so it looked like my arm was coming out of its mouth." She leaned back, looking smug. "Explains the burns and makes me look like a badass."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY