Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 02/17/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Getting into Character (Open)
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 08:09 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

Ever since her talk with that noble chick, Bu had been feeling like she was wasting her time. Not in general, but in the more specific sense that she was spending a lot of time hanging around and slacking off while not owning a motorcycle. With a bit of extra effort now, she would be able to hang around and slack off while standing next to her motorcycle. That would be a far preferable alternative, it was basically required for a bosozoku. Now, training the other girl would get her a minor allowance and was bound to be fun and at least as profitable as it was painful, but that wasn't enough. Trouble was, she wasn't very good at anything.

Sure, she had some knowlege of mechanics and auto repair, she'd learned that working on her old bike. But she wasn't a master, hell, she was a pretty poor choice to lead her own club, probably why the meetings were so pointless and infrequent. Of course she could sing and play drums and be ogled but she gave that up and was about as likely to do that again as she was to suddenly pass her classes and be the top student. And she wasn't interested in hopping on or off the casting couch again either. Well, not without some major thorough paperwork agreements set in stone first. Not making that mistake again.

But there had to be something that even she, with her limited skills and hatred of the public eye could manage. Eventually, she found something. It wasn't difficult, it could probably be shifted around to match her school schedule, she was overqualified and yet perfectly underground for it, even if she did have to reveal a bit of her sordid history. So out Bu went to chase a paycheck and came back with a possible lead. And yet, not the one she had expected.

All of that led to this morning. It was quite early but Bu had been up earlier than that, pacing in her room and building up a nervous energy. It was a foul mood, she'd gotten what she wanted but she felt incredibly unprepared. So, with stomach full of knots, she went down to burn away some of the anxiety and prepare for the early afternoon shift.

Bu was glad to see that the place was nearly empty. Who wanted to get up early on their day off, let alone get up early to train? She dragged out a large punching bag and strung it up. Then she filled it up with gravel and straw. Most students would have used it for target practice but Bu wasn't most students. She put her fist up against it and pushed. It barely moved at all. Heavy and hard, like a wall. Perfect.

She tied her hair back and underpinned it with her artifact which stoned up under the hair behind her hair. She began with a few basic punches. Then, very quickly, switched to a far more ferocious barrage of punches and kicks. There wasn't much style or grace to them, she never bothered with such things. She was just trying to get ready for the afternoon. Had to be in the right mindset. The dummy hardly moved and simply made hard crunching noises as hard flesh hit hard stone.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 01:39 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 13

By this point getting up this early had just become routine which in itself was not a bad thing, the reason that caused this however was. The reason why Jun had to get up so early every morning was because of a single word, rehab. Jun’s true condition coming out of the Edo conflict was much worse then most were lead to believe, it had taken week but he had finally masked his limp so at least it appeared that he walked normally which was step one. Step two was attempting to regain the strength, dexterity and control he was lost in his right arm, the damage he had received was the reason he would no longer wield a sword and thus now relied on the spear as his weapon of choice. Even then his skills were no where near what they could be with out his currently handicap which included his diminished vision.

Thus, like every morning he made his way to the usually empty training grounds, so he could begin workout undisturbed and unnoticed, after all he didn’t need people question what he was doing. However, when he arrived the grounds wasn’t as empty was he had hoped. The stand out was a simple blonde girl punching what appeared to be a practice dumb and a punching bag which was clearly what she wanted. Plus, it didn’t even look like practice it was like she was assaulting the blasted thing. The smart thing would have been leaving her along, but Jun half hoped she would go assault something else elsewhere. Thus Jun committed to the mistake approached the girl and in a not ever nice tone asked “Why are you assaulting the dumby, what did it ever do it you.”

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 02:05 PM

Elite Member

Bu was mostly ignoring her surroundings. Primarily because she didn't give a damn about anyone else rather than any intense focus on her current target. Wasn't like the dummy was going to hit back. And who cared what other people thought of her fighting style, they wanted to comment, she'd show them why you didn't make criticism about somebody punching a rock. Wait, that was out of character, damn. She punched the dummy even harder. This was trickier than she'd thought.

So that being said, it was kind of a surprise when somebody addressed her directly, and not in a kind, nervous manner asking her to stop, but in a nasty tone. She stopped and turned around slowly to look at this guy. He looked fairly standard for a student of the school. Barring the eye patch, Most students either were good enough to avoid getting their eyes popped out or just died from facial wounds. And what was with that scarf, did he fight in that? No wonder he'd been stabbed in the face. That was just asking to be strangled. She wiped the sweat from her brow and leaned back against the dummy which barely moved at all.

She opened her mouth to say something nasty back to him but caught herself. That was not in character either. She couldn't give in and beat the shit out of this guy, that'd be a total waste of the last however long she'd been punching stuff. "Nothing." she finally said. "I'm working out." Working out some anger issues was more accurate. "Did you want a turn or something? It's not the only one here." That was bordering on snark but maybe she could pretend it was legitimate advice. Maybe.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 02:54 PM

Bugei Adventurer

The girl was ‘working out’ or so she said, Jun however was not buying it. working out, sure…” For all she was doing she may as well just go punch the dirt outside, clearly he was either a moron or though he was one. Not like it mattered either way, the reasoning wasn’t the problem here. “No its not, I would have just gotten another if I wanted to practice weapon combat and get and Actual punching bag for martial arts. No, the item is not the problem here.”
It far to early for Jun to put in the effort of putting up a front do the girl was just doing to get straight bluntness which Jun suspected such was the norm for a rock breaker like her.

“Your so-called work is both inefficient and pointless, which frankly is both distracting and annoying. So, either do some serious work or leave and punch rocks some place else.”
It wouldn’t have come to anyone surprise that Jun was criticize this girl… whatever it was she was attempting to do but Jun didn’t really care. He was tired of people that infested this place, always doing whatever they wanted. Always playing tin solider as they marched around. The more Jun dwelled on it the more this girl pissed him off and to be honest it wasn’t her fault at this point after all even after an major event that devastated Edo nothing changed things just continued on the same until the next event that threatened everything, and endless cycle of bullshit.

This was neither the time nor place to deal with such macro things for now it was s micro situation and as he had been reminded so many times. Don’t antagonize people the problem was it just came naturally, maybe one day his personally wouldn’t be so shitty but today would not be that day.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 03:05 PM

Elite Member

Her eyes narrowed, this guy was really starting to test her nerves. Normally, she'd have already stripped down to her fighting clothes and started a real rumble. But she had to fight that desire. Who the hell was this guy to question her? To criticize her combat style? "Pointless?" She asked incredulously, "Hear that, mister bag?" She turned her head to talk to the bag and pushed away from it. "Mister man over here thinks my work out is pointless."

Stone grew from her finger tips and rose all the way up to her elbow as she whirled around and slammed her fist into the face of the dummy. There was the loud crack of stone on stone and when she lowered her hand, bits of dust trickled down and traces of sand were leaking from holes ground into the fabric of the bag. She turned her face back to the guy with a smile. "Thank you." She said sweetly.

She'd come here to keep in character, right? Getting angry wasn't in character. She had to hide the anger. Maybe this could be part of her practice too, after all, the director guys would probably criticize her performance in the booth. She had to keep in character through that. She shifted her attention back to the dummy and stone formed around her other arm.

"Mister man doesn't" she punched the bag "think I need to work out." She punched the bag. "Mister man," another punch, "must think," again, "I am perfect already." She was supposed to be shy and timid, right, that meant graciously accepting compliments. Maybe she was naive and shouldn't understand sly insults unless they were blatantly said. "Mister man," punch, "is so," punch, "thoughtful," punch, "and kind." punch. Hey, this was working, she thought to herself. You just had to have something to focus on.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 03:21 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Great Jun though to himself a scion with anger issues

As he stood there as the girl worked it out herself he could not help but wonder if the school has some sort of anger management program or even psych evals. The later being something that was sorely needed and something that he should suggest be implemented soon. Eventually the girl came to a stopping point of sort to which Jun finally interjected. “You done…” he didn’t wait for a reply, “Yes, good. First off its Lord Man, Mister Mcmahon, or Mister man the great and powerful… senpai. And second if you need to breath more, your going to pass out.”

This girl was starting to sway Jun, were at first he felt only annoyance and some disgust he now felt amusement… as well as annoyance and some disgust.
“Oh and you broke your toy you might want a new one.”
At this point he just wanted to see how far this would go, and how know maybe this would playout into something interesting.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 03:35 PM

Elite Member

He was talking again. She turned back, still with that sickly sweet smile plastered on her face. She regretted that pretty quick. Her eye twitched. Behind her, the bag was starting to leak a bit more. It was an apt metaphor for her nerves, actually. If she had been able to move her fingers, she might have been squeezing them tight enough to draw blood, as it was, the stone was starting grind. Little flecks of it were starting to appear on her bare legs before receding away.

She was so close. But the character, she had to stay in character. "Thank you senpai." she said cloyingly sweet. She turned back to the bag. "I'm so happy you're worried for me." She took a deep breath, moreso to calm her nerves. That wasn't exactly working either so she tried to count to ten in her head but with so many other things going on in there, it was getting mixed up.

She punched the dummy again but didn't pull her fist away. She began to twist it, grinding the stone against the gravel in the bag until there was a tearing sound and it started pouring out faster. She faked a gasp. "Oh no, senpai. You were right. Mister bag is broken. What am I gonna do?" If only that had been this guy's face. Maybe he could volunteer. "Maybe you could be my Mister Bag." She smiled again, though less sweetly.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 09:23 PM

Bugei Adventurer

The signs were there, this girl was about to crack just a little more it seemed would be enough to set this firecracker off. At this point it wasn’t like she was hiding either or if she was she wasn’t doing a very good job of it, after all it sounded like a cement grinder was firing off inside the training dummy and if that was enough the Maybe you could be my Mister Bag comment was a dead give away. It did however make him wonder if this girl always made poorly veiled threats of if this was a special case, regardless it was quite clear how this was going to end.

“Oh you don’t want that, after all you said you were here for a workout and I a sure you I would be no help in that department…” there was some truth in this after all he wasn’t 100% himself, but after her bump he had to set… “… after all I’m not bag of rock that doesn’t hit back and we wouldn’t want that pretty face of yours to get wrecked so early in the morning.” and spike it right back in her face, sure he was not in the best of shape but even at his current state he was sure he could take this girl if push came to shove. However, he doubted things would go that far, after all he wasn’t looking for a fight. Yet that was no reason to let one’s guard down sometimes things got rough but that was all part of the foreplay or at least that’s what the old crow would always say.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 08:37 PM

Elite Member

Bu’s eye was startin to twitch even worse than before. She could feel her veins ithrobbing at the strain of keeping her anger from boiling over. And then he just pushed her one step too far. It wasn’t the comment about fighting something that didn’t punch back. Those were the best targets when you were in a bad mood. If she’d wanted fun, she’d definitely had gone for something that could either fight back or would wack her back like some sort of pendulum. No, something else had struck her harder than any of his taunts.

“I’m not pretty.” She lost the cutesy voice, she’d lost the growing rage. Her voice was flat an her face betrayed no emotion. “Hit me.” She said. “Hit me in the face as hard as you can.” The stone around her arms crumbled and poured onto the ground like the rocks in the dummy. “A man like you doesn’t get to make any kind of comments on my face.” There was venom in the way she said man. “Go ahead, thrust that spear into me, break it across my face.” She waved her arm loosely in the direction of his spear.

She’d come here to let loose the rage, now, well, it was far too late for that. She needed some pain now. His or hers, it didn’t matter. “If you don’t, I’m going to hurt you instead.” She was starting to roll her Rs again and her voice was getting lower. “You wanted to hurt me, you couldn’t leave well enough alone. Here’s here’s your chance. I’m begging for it.” Bu growled.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 12:30 PM

Bugei Adventurer

The moment the girl said I’m not pretty the words god damn it flashed through his mind, not because he had apparently tripped a landmine with what was clearly not a compliment but because that little assessment he had felt had just died as this girls true colors came to light exposing her and just another broken tool that was held in this shed of madness.
Hit me. Hit me in the face as hard as you can. Jun said nothing as the verbal assault continued, A man like you doesn’t get to make any kind of comments on my face. as the girl continued on Jun had to wonder, Go ahead, thrust that spear into me, break it across my face. as she spat more and more venom at him, If you don’t, I’m going to hurt you instead was this what he was aiming for, You wanted to hurt me, you couldn’t leave well enough alone. Here’s here’s your chance. I’m begging for it. and the only answer he could come up with was… yes.

After he finally said her piece or seemed to Jun just stood there starting down the fuming girl for a moment before he finally spoke with a simple response of,
“Grow up.” His tone had shifted from the dark mocking one to a more authoritative one like when a parent is scolding their child after all it seemed this girl lived in some sort of fantasy world. “I do not give a damn who or want you are, no one in this world can control the actions of another. I will say and do what I please just like everyone else and guess what girl so is everyone else in this world so you better get used to it. and as for your other stupid request.” taking spear in hand he tossed it at the girl’s feet, “Do it yourself, I have no desire to deal with another broken tool.”
Clearly he know how this was going to end but honestly did he not care after all he could not hurt him anymore then he already did.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 02:50 PM

Elite Member

She crossed her arms under her chest and waited for him to do something. Anger was written all over her face and stance. But he didn't hit her, he didn't give her any satisfaction at all. "Grow up?" Bu repeated. "Grow up? You grow the fuck up." She gestured toward herself with her thumb. "Ah was minding my own business here and you came over to me and started being a prick to me and wouldn't leave me alone."

She stepped forward, over his spear and got right up at him. "Ah've got a job where Ah have to pretend to like people. Ah just wanted to let off a little steam before work because Ah have anger issues." She was right in his face now. "Ah know my own problems. Don't need some stuck up fancy school boy stepping in to lecture me because he thinks he's some special little snowflake who gets to have a whole building to his own damn self for training."

This guy had really pushed all her buttons, well, he'd started pushing buttons and she was starting to push the rest herself now. "Well too bad, boyo. Ah'm a student here too and Ah have just as much right to work out here as any blue blooded skunk." She had made the assumption that this guy was a noble type. Sure they weren't all noble in this school but Bu had met her fair share of people here and, on the whole, they tended to be a privileged sort.

Well she wasn't so privileged, she was just common muck. She had endured of sneers of the passing folk back home who looked down on her and her gang for being kids, for loving the road, for loving bikes, for wanting to escape the yoke of the Man. She was a student now, she was a scion, she didn't have to put up with that shit.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 04:06 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Well the girl reacted much like he expected like a child, getting angry and getting up in his face but Jun’s expression did not change he simple waited for her to finish. It was funny sure when he first arrived it wasn’t like he had asked nicely what she was doing but most people would have brushed it off as a sarcastic joke however she wasn’t wrong Jun was very much a prick but not for the reasons this girl believed. Still the problem was the same has he first pointed out, did she really think this was the best way to let off steam after all just as violence breeds violence, aggression breeds aggression so she wasn’t solving anything but making it worse. Then there was the whole pretending to like people thing most would just interact with people to figure out the best way to act, the anger issue thing was obvious but again wrong way to work deal with it, it however seems to taint her view of the world and as such she seemed to have the same prejudice as everyone else. The sentiment was not wrong since the nobles never did anything to help anyone, but it was breed out of an old line of though, which was filled with hate and not the desire for change. Thus, it seems they would continue down the same old road.

“Yet this is the world you live in, a world that doesn’t care about your problems or how you feel,” his voice was calm and even as he stared down the girl with dead in her eyes before he simple walked around her to retrieve his spear. “be it by choice or chance some of us are special that’s just the way things are and just because you are a scion doesn’t change that fact.” Personally Jun hated this fact, it was a fake construct of society after all no one was truly special just another shitty human being.

“You may kick and scream and fight back but you will never change how they see you just like how you can’t stop the sun from raising.”

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 05:43 PM

Elite Member

He wouldn't hit her, the coward. Her palms were itching and she could feel the stone building up under her skin again, only to flake off as it grew from her hand. She wanted to fight this guy, show him...what? That he was an ass? That was evident, to show him she was right? Right about what? There wasn't a real argument here. He'd come along and was trying to give her a hard time but she didn't know why. That just made her angrier. And what was that bullshit he was saying?

Bu didn't stop him from moving around her, she was tempted to stamp on his spear, stop him from picking the thing up. "You're wrong." She pinched the bridge of her nose and tried to force the intense need to knee him right in the face away. If he was going to keep that smug emotionless way of talking, she could match him just as easily. "You're a shit and you don't know what you're talking about." Or maybe she couldn't.

"Every scream, every kick, every little bit of rage is changing the world just a little bit more." That, at least, was something she did believe in. She'd changed how people saw her in less than a month and that was when she was barely a teenager. She'd changed how a bunch of punks saw her in a single afternoon. A small rock in a pond rippled through it all, or some shit like that. Bu turned around to face the guy again.

"People like you just are too stuck in your fancy ruts to see it. You all say that nothing can change, all you upper class shits feel so good on your high horse where the shit kicked up can't touch you." Bu waved her hand in some kind of gesture toward the city. "The world can change, but all of you just kept telling the common folks in the mud that it couldn't and so they all went and huddled with the crazy evil fuck who told them it could."

She glared at him, hating him, blaming him. "Guess what, the world's changed because of them, some people got a lot more special, some got a lot less, and most people got a lot more dead." Maybe being a scion wasn't enough to be special, but it was a way to thwart the world and make yourself into something new. Enough of them together, scions, common folks, everyone, and even the sun could be enslaved.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Darkhawkin
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 11:40 PM

Bugei Adventurer

“So I’m wrong am I?” She seemed to believe that the uprising was the world changing, she was sorely wrong. All through history different forces rose and fell, they came from all sources, but it always ended the same.

“You are right a lot of people died but your wrong in that they changed the world, the dead can’t change the world only the living can do that. And I hate to break it to you nothing has changed, no matter the sacrifices that were made, the lived that were spent nothing fucking changed.” This time it was Jun’s turn to lose himself, the war was a sore spot for him. Not because of all the destruction, lives lost or the sacrifices he and others had to make but because it was all for nothing. It had been a pointless war that had essentially amounted to nothing, they system did not correct itself and those in power learnt nothing. Life would continue on as shitty as it always had, and when it was time to finally pay the price it would be too late and this time they would lose more then just parts of their city and a few lives.

“And just to be clear I know far more about this shit then you will ever know girl.” she just like everyone else would never understand for they were unable to see the true picture, they were either content on seeing a fraction of it or just completely ignored it. what she believed to bring about change was only a recipe for death, destruction, sorrow, and regret. Screaming at a wall achieves nothing, kicking the dirt only creates a mess and raging around brings nothing. “But at least you can take solace in this, thatr so called untouchable upper class can very much be touched. It just seems that way because most are to stupid to figure out how.”

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:01 AM

Elite Member

"Course you're wrong, idiot." And now it was playground insults. How very mature of her, but she was never really the sort to argue with real logic. It was rare for her to end up in situations where she actually cared whether or not somebody agreed with her. Talking about opinions or politics was asking for trouble, especially with a thug who had more simplistic views on how the world ought to function.

"They died changing the world. Take a look around you. You high horse folks got your heads so high in the clouds that you can't see it happening. You look down and it looks the same but the land itself is changing. If you lived a thousand years, maybe then you'd notice but no," she pounded her chest as she said "you're the same as us down in the gutters. But down in the gutters we see the wheels turning."

Even now that she was in the highest ranked school with a magical artifact and basically the closest thing to special as can be, she still considered herself one of the downtrodden youth. "Clans got complacent, too much spiteful little jabs and whining between rivals, but now the Shogu has a black eye and everyone saw it happen." She threw an arm out towards the world again. "The Emperor knows that the Shogun's ways haven't worked. The world now sees us for a schismed and broken land."

She shook her head vigorously. "Change is coming, it's been forced on us all. "Ah don't know how or what way it'll change, but neither do you. Keep thinking that way and you'll end up under the wheel when it spins again. Shogun and you clansmen may be trying to put the world back together again like how it was before the rebellion, but the cracks are showing through. Can't hide that."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES!