Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 02/17/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Shot Through the Heart(open)
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 07:06 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Awards: None

His heart pounded like rainstorms on the tent in a clearing. He had screwed up really bad today. His feet paced, sending him across the same few tiles again and again with the squeak of rubber soles on hard floors. His whole body was trembling, his hands most of all as he sent message after message out into the ether but nothing came back. None of his friends were replying back, now at his moment of dire need. He tried calling them even, not a thing.

A dark cloud hung over him and his head was hung so low that everything below his nose was buried in the white scarf that was wrapped loosely around his neck. Junko chewed on his lip with worry. He'd made a mistake, that was ok, mistakes could be fixed. But what if he couldn't? How was he supposed to fix this. His throat was quivering and he bit down harder to quell any whimpers. He was stronger than this. Boys didn't cry about stupid stuff. He shouldn't either.

But it was so hard. Even his stomach was in knots. What if he'd ruined the guy's life forever? What if he never recovered? He forced himself to stop pacing and walked over to one of the soft couches facing the wall. He didn't want to look outside right now in case he saw anything that reminded him. He might just burst into tears. The traces of them were already gathered at the edges of his eyes and the tips of his long lashes.

He pulled the hood of his chocolate up over his head and his knees up to his chest and hugged them tightly. This revealed at least some of his yellow knee socks under his cream capris. His phone was in his lap and illuminated his face as he stared at it, hoping that somebody would get back to him. He thought about retreating to his room but that might be worse. He needed to talk to somebody, he needed advice. Not to mention, the letter was in there. He bowed his head, as if he needed that bad news today. When it rained, it poured and Junko's life seemed to be pouring down the drain. What was he going to do?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Mikachi
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 09:47 AM

Member No.: 167

Looking left, then right, then left again. This academy takes hospitality to an entirely different level. Yet, there had been so many choices to choose from within the area. The game area seemed pretty interesting, something Mikachi thought he’d check out once his first set of classes were done. However, there had been a tingling feeling in his stomach. Perhaps he was nervous? A stomach full of butterflies due to it being literally being the first few hours of him being within the school?

Nope. He was just hungry. So much time had been taken in setting up his dorm that he hardly forgot to snack onto something. Albeit the entire trip to Edo Bugei was a relatively long one, along with the welcoming speech. With a brief step, Mikachi made his way into the cafeteria, hardly making anything besides a sideways glance to any passing students. His main priority right now had been something to quench his thirst. Green tea. Where could he find a bit of green tea? The vending machines, of course! Making his way towards the vending machine, Mikachi selected his beverage as the vibrant yellow-green container filled with the tea had dropped down.

Upon retrieving it, Mikachi made his way back out of the cafeteria to find a decent spot he could hang around in the meantime. Although, the sound of squeaking rubber soles was a bit annoying. He looked for the source, only to find... a trembling child? Were they having a seizure? Were they also a First-year? No, perhaps they were a bit cold. With his own attire, Mikachi could surely just stand beside someone and emit enough heat to be warm.

He watched as they set their hood over their head. It was an interesting color match that they had on, but Mikachi couldn’t stand having to watch a person closed in such a position. And having a phone just a few inches from your face isn’t generally a good thing. He made his way over. His facial expression revealed a curved eyebrow, showing off the curiosity in his expression and shaking it off soon after. He kept hold of his bottle of green tea beside him as he stood just a few inches from the couch.

Perhaps it’d be best not to meddle in any personal affairs with a random stranger. So, Mikachi made his way to sit at the far end of the couch, twisting off the cap of his bottle before drinking down a few gulps, closing the bottle once more with its cap. He thought to start off a conversation with a more general approach. “Excuse me, are you new to the Academy?” He turned his head to reveal a mellow face to the figure, hoping they’d be able to respond back.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 05:10 PM

Elite Member

Still no replies to any of his messages. It had been a long time since he had felt this alone. Possibly not since he found out Hachi died but that had at least been tempered when the letter came inviting him to Bugei Academy. One of the set of last gifts given to him. One of the few he had left after the Ikko rebellion had led to his Godfather's bow being broken. Remembering that was a step too far and the tears started to trickle down his face.

He licked his lips and squeezed himself tighter. No response to his letters to the Shogun or other high ranking officials, no real training for a place of honor, no bow of his own, and no help to the people around him. At this rate, he was going to be as useless and as much as a failure as his mother expected him to be. Maybe he should give up on this dream of being a clan leader, give up on pretending to be a man. Her mom was right after all, she belonged at home. Junko sniffed miserably.

A presence came near but stopped. Junko didn't give it all that much attention. She was just aware of them like any background view, even if she couldn't see them with his eyes. They were actually incredibly bright, brighter than most people which might have been worth commenting on if Junko was in any state to look outside of herself. But they moved on, sort of, they came around and sat across from her. She'd half expected him to tell her off for being noisy. But, instead, he spoke almost kindly.

Junko looked up at the man, who was tall and bright enough to almost obscure his features. "N-no, I've b-been here awhile." Her face was wet, twin trails glistend down her face and to her neck and there were several spots in the scarf as well. Her eyes were still brimming with tears as she fought to speak without the hitch that kept catching in her throat. "Sorry I'm b-being distract-ting. I can try to q-quiet down."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Mikachi
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 05:34 PM

As the moment passed and the figure finally responded to him, Mikachi noted that they seemed to have more feminine features, along with the violet colored hair. Were they an artisan or did they simply dye their hair for the fun of it? No matter, it wasn’t something to worry about for now. That is until he saw that her expression was not a very good one. His very own expression faded as he saw the clear line of trickling tears at her face.

It’s no good to see people in this state of being, neither was it to cry in public. Something had to be bothering the child if she was crying in public. Mikachi tilted his head, along with a twist of his body to set his gaze on the child. “Is there something bothering you..?” It wasn’t hard to note the bit of confusion in his voice, along with a sense of sympathy. “Have you lost something or… are you hungry?”

Perhaps a bit of conversation could help at the current time. It would’ve been much more of an easier time having to deal with someone he knew, but he did not know this person. Maybe if she saw that someone spoke to her, it’d be enough to at the very least perk her energy to talk. Truly it was an awkward situation to be in, but there really isn’t a situation you should expect in a place you’ve never been before.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 05:51 PM

Elite Member

The guy was intense, maybe it was his eyes, maybe it was the bright aura, maybe it ws just her own insecurities but Junko didn't want to meet his eyes straight on. Actually, it might be because he was huge and a stranger. Junko didn't really want to be seen like this, not that it really mattered, he also didn't want to be alone. It was a conundrum that would have been solved if anybody answered her messages. She tried to focus her attention on the phone and just turned the occasional side glance at the guy.

"No." came the small reply. Lost something, she'd lost a lot but nothing that anyone could help her find again. It was all hopeless. The weights were pushing her down, threatening to crush her spirits again. She thought she'd gotten away from these fits, but no, here they are again, worse than ever. And she definitely wasn't hungry. If she tried, Junko felt like it would come right back up. Her stomach was that much of a mess right now.

But the guy was trying to help, that was kind of him. If Junko was in his position, she would have wanted to help too. "I-" she sniffed and stared at her phone, "screwed up today. I think I hurt somebody's feelings." That was putting it lightly, she totally did. Basically took out their heart and crushed it. Why did she run away? A yes or no would have been easy, well, it would have been a no but even a no was better than panicked fleeing. How could she have acted so rashly. Junko had always considered herself...well, mostly stable. You had to be steady and unflappable to be a proper hunter. But here...she just couldn't keep up.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Mikachi
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 06:15 PM

To be so close to focus on one’s use of technology seemed to be tough, even for the child. Mikachi himself didn’t really use his own phone all that regularly, only to make calls here and there. But to stare at it continuously? Forget that. There had been rumors spread around the Anegakoji village that the light that emits from the phone screens would eat away at your brain cells, or even cause you to go blind.

Of course, the entire idea had been preposterous to Mikachi, but he preferred to keep his eyes above the ground to see what was going on in the world. As she replied, Mikachi turned his own head, sitting up as if it were a force of habit that he established over the years, opening his bottle of tea and raising it to his lips as he drank more of the vibrant liquid. There isn’t really much a person can do when a stranger seems distant or upset, but if they continue to speak to you, it’s a sign that they enjoy the company.

As he continued to listen in, his eyes trailed back down to the corner, looking directly in her direction and blinking. Hurting a person’s feelings? Perhaps she had been a bit close to whoever she may have been talking about, but to continuously remain distant and cry about it gave off a bit of suspicion to Mikachi. “Have you tried speaking to them? Apologizing? Maybe if they hear the sound of your apology, they’ll be more than willing to cope with you.” It hadn’t been much to say, but it had been a good basis to start off at just in case if there had been more to the entire thing.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 06:46 PM

Elite Member

Junko bruied his face into her scarf and fought the desire to burst into tears again. The guy made it sound so simple, and it was simple, she just hadn't managed to act like a nice, decent human being. Talk it out, that's what she should do, it's what she should have done. Talked it out, used words, apologized or something. "I barely even met the guy." And then it all came pouring out like a dam bursting mixed in with the occasional hitch and hiccough as she went through the whole, wretched experience.

"This morning, I was checking my locker and talking to some friends when I found a note on top of my shoes that somebody slipped in." She mimed pushing something through a slot with her hand. She was about to mime a lot of this story out. "So I opened it up during class and it was an anonymous note asking to meet by the archery field after practice. So I think, obviously, somebody wants extra lessons or maybe to help me buy a new bow or something because I'm a good archer and I've been talking about how I need a new bow." She shook her head.

"But it wasn't about archery at all. This first year was there waiting for me, he'd joined the club recently so I didn't know him that well. I'd like, said hi to him a couple times or whatever, helped him with his form and stringing his bow, you know, just normal archery stuff." She held out the one hand that wasn't clutching her legs in a what can you do sort of gesture and shrugged her shoulders. "I hadn't done anything. Then he's all-" she switched to a slightly lower pitch "Blah blah, thank you, I've been working up the nerve to say this, blah blah, will you go out with me?"

She dropped her head into the scarf and groaned loudly, though the scarf mostly muffled it. "So I try to correct him because obviously I do." He told her that he didn't mind when she'd asserted her manhood. That he still really liked her, that he thought she was so kind and friendly. But how could that work, after all, She was trying to be a boy and he was a boy and that was wrong. Boys had to like girls. "Then I had a flash thought to what my mother would say." She'd have approved. "And I panicked. He was really sincere, I could tell he had mustered up so much courage and it was so much effort to ask me out and I just...I just ran away."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Mikachi
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 07:32 PM

It seems that Mikachi had to be a bit wary of his wording. He didn’t want to get into the child’s head and screw up her mindset. And watching her just bury herself into her scarf wasn’t helping to settle what he could say. However, it did seem to work as she continued to talk. He occasionally nodded with every adding detail as she spoke. It was a usual technique that kids used around her age (if she were as old as he thought she was) in order to meet up for a hangout or even something along those lines to write notes and meet up at specific places.

Mikachi didn’t seem to mind the amount of information the child began to spew out. In fact, he turned his head to the side just to keep an ear in on the conversation. He couldn’t help but smile faintly as she used her very own hand gestures to explain how the entire event occurred. Continuing on, he took note that the child had been an archer. Both an archer and someone within Edo Bugei perhaps for a longer time than his own measly few hours. She included the fact that ‘he joined the club’ perhaps implying the fact that he joined in on her club.

And seeing that she had been an archer, it could’ve been the Archery club, but that’d only be an educated guess on Mikachi’s behalf. Mikachi then gave off a curious look after she added that the First-year asked to go out with her. So soon? Although, she had probably been speaking of one that had been around her age so it wasn’t a surprise. The First-year sounded a bit too desperate from what Mikachi could make-out where the child was getting at.

His eyes perked just a bit after she mentioned the bit about her mother, though it was hardly anything noticeable. She seemed to be a child that surrounded themselves with their parents’ ideals. Something that was quite typical, but not uncommon. He closed his eyes soon after she finished, raising his arm, or literally the sleeve of his covered arm to his mouth before having a moment of thought. Seconds later, he revealed his gray eyes, calmly speaking to her.

“Then there’s nothing to worry about. We… as human beings…” He made sure to keep it simple before he began babbling on. “... have emotions, and sometimes our emotions can get the better of us. There’s no shame in not knowing what to do. But if you think about it, it is slightly upsetting that you just ran away.” His eyes perked up, raising his sleeve up to his chin before bringing it back down and looking to her.

He emitted a faint smile before hovering his fingers gently over the cap of his bottle, prepping to open it once more. “Perhaps talk to him and let him know exactly how you feel. Besides, if you’re in the same club, I’m sure you two should be able to get along. And if not… well, he isn’t worth the time, now is he?” He smirked, giving off a bit of a friendly expression, allowing his words to sink into her mind before drinking his bottle of tea once more.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 08:13 PM

Elite Member

She pulled her knees in even closer and groaned into the scarf. "I know, I screwed up."She didn't need reminding. Probably made the boy feel awful and then seeing him again would be awkward and it was just going to be awful forever and ever and she couldn't just disappear, she liked archery. Well, maybe she could. Mother didn't want her doing archery in the first place. There was still time to switch to dance and suffer through that and just be...well, be what mother wanted. That was a terrible prospect too.

She glanced at the guy from the side, still not quite able to meet his eyes directly. He was being so cool and calm, that was crazy, but then, he wasn't the one who ruined everything by being a stupid child. He also covered his mouth with his sleeve, was he laughing at her? He was smiling. This wasn't a laughing matter. He felt a luminous blush color his cheeks and rise around his collar. Junko's eyes narrowed but everything blurred through tears. She dipped her head and wiped her face off on the increasingly wet scar before looking up and finally meeting his gaze with a scowl and pursed lips.

"S'not funny." She huffed. "It's a real issue. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to propose to your senpai and I ran away. I bet he's worse off than I am." Which made Junko feel worse, as usual. She turned her head away and looked back at her phone "I'm garbage. How am I supposed to lead a clan if I can't even deal with a crush." This was mumbled. There were no replies yet either, the pity party continued in full force.

"Maybe it just wasn't meant to be." Junko brought her hand in and turned off the phone. She slowly slumped over in the couch. "Just another time I let everyone down." She held out her hand and began to pop a finger up as she counted them off until she hit the fifth and popped them back down. "Mom, Hachi, mom, the shogun, Hachi again, all the townsfolk during the attack, all the dead people in the forest." She just flopped her hand down and let it hang limply. "Mom, and now Hiro. Blech."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Mikachi
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 08:50 PM

It was amazing to see just how the child had reacted in such a semi-stressful situation. Having letters sent to you or even just getting love letters, in general, was a bit of a hassle. Even Mikachi had his own fair share of them just a few years back in school. Although, he couldn’t recall what actually happened to the students that he simply told that he wished to be friends or even acquaintances to those who had simply felt attracted to Mikachi for his looks.

He noticed the amount of redness beginning to grow on the child’s face. Did he embarrass her? Perhaps it had been his wording as usual. However, soon after finishing his bottle of tea, Mikachi kept it in his grasp, keeping a lookout for any nearby disposals. He was caught off guard when she brought up such an upset face and scowled. He really must’ve said or done something that she might’ve found offensive. Now the recent smile faded, only to be replaced with an expression of confusion.

As she mentioned the bit of him thinking it had been funny, he blinked in the realization of what she had meant. Perhaps the child thought Mikachi had been laughing at her, in which he was not. “Apologies.” He added dipping his head in just a slight bit before continuing to speak. “I’ve been in a similar situation back in my own school. There were just so many notes left on my desk that it was hard to keep track of.” He lifted his sleeve, finally revealing his hand in flesh before setting it just along the right side of his neck.

He allowed the child to continue speaking. How could a person think so lowly of themselves? Sure, there had been times where even Mikachi had made a mistake or two, but to let a simple mistake get to you this far? That was strange. It had been strange up until the point where she finally added last bit of her mother, another stranger, the Shogun, townsfolk and dead people within a forest. Now that was an even bigger problem.

To think that such a young person would be placed in such a situation, no wonder she had a waterfall of tears going on. Mikachi had no idea this had been the case. His expression then switched having his eyebrows furrow, giving off the familiar sense of sympathy that he had beforehand. This was not normal. This was abnormal and something that a child shouldn’t have to deal with quite yet. But the world just continues to change, right? Then so will people.

Mikachi thinned out his lips, allowing about a good minute to let the child have a bit of silence for all the problems that had been on top of her case. He then set his palms down to rest on his thighs, bottle in hand. Turning to her, he began to speak. “I was surprised by the number of folks that seemed fine just a few hours ago back outside when the man gave his speech, but I never would’ve guessed that many of the younger students would have been impacted by it.”

Of course, she might’ve been speaking of a multitude of problems, but Mikachi could only comment on so much. He didn’t have anything to do with the child’s life and he hardly knew her. Who was he to tell how she had felt? “...However, you shouldn’t let the past overcome you like this. If you do, it will tear you apart.” Mikachi stood soon after, keeping his hands covered by connecting his long sleeves together.

His gaze hovered over the child, continuing to feel bad for her and the tight spot she had been placed in. “The best way to overcome something that’s crippling you now but is from your past is to accept what happened, and grow.” He then remained silent, waiting to see if the child had anything to say or if she chose to stand as well.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 09:14 PM

Elite Member

Well at least he wasn't making fun of her. That was something, but his advice didn't make any sense. How could you ignore the past or put it aside. It had happened, the past was what was responsible for who you were, the past made you the person you were at this very moment. That was even more true for scions, surely. It was the past that drove her to become more than she was, to escape that past and become somebody new. She just...couldn't. She'd failed. The past was catching up and soon it was going to overwhelm her.

"I didn't have that." She replied slowly. "No notes, no secret admirers. My mother had me taught by special tutors, alone, didn't get to hang out with anyone my age or near it." She stared at her knees, still lying sideways on the couch. "Etiquette, dance, flower arrangement, calligraphy, my mother wanted me to be the perfect daughter." It was hard to talk about, especially to a complete stranger. "But I wanted to be a soldier like my dad. I wanted to protect people. Now I can't do either right." Maybe it would have been better if she never left home, just stayed in Hokkaido, never found the artifact, never became a scion. She began to tug lightly at her scarf.

"Dad's dead, Hachi's dead. Dad left me with a clan i never knew about and Hachi left me a scholarship and a learning path I don't think I'm cut out for." She sniffed. "I didn't want mom's future for me. Don't want to be just a girl making house. But mom is all I have left. If I just listened to mom, none of this would have happened." That wasn't entirely true, but Junko was deep in denial and depression. Plus she would not have known about most of the troubles that were out of her control, as sheltered as she had been back home, so it was like they hadn't happened.

Junko was no botanist, but she knew a little about plants, mostly from hunting and exploring the woods back home with Hachi. "A tree still can grow after it's beaten and bent, but it gets stunted and never lives up to its potential. Maybe it's just better for the tree to fall and the seeds to try again elsewhere."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Mikachi
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 09:51 PM

He was glad to hear that she had been different. However, she was not just different, but rather a special sort of different. The kind that you’d only come across once who had been in a situation unlike any other. Mikachi had been raised in the ideals that he needed to be patient and calculated in order to succeed, but here in Edo Bugei, it seemed like the opposite from what he was getting at with the child.

He watched her as she remained on the couch, shaking his head slowly to himself before emitting a quiet exhale from his nostrils. “The perfect daughter…” He muttered to himself. How could someone become ‘perfect’? But if she wanted to become a soldier, why was she ready to give up on it as if it were a second thought? The entire situation to Mikachi was just a bit much for him to take in. He had only just joined the academy and already listening in on stories. It was a bit much, but Mikachi could use the communication.

“Maybe if you take what you’ve learned and apply it to now, it could piece together what you need to do to become what you want.” Mikachi was taught that you were only as good as you make yourself out to be. So, if you strived to become something greater, you must become that which is greater than what you already are. In short, take risks and endure. “It’s never too late to continue to reach your goals. Just… keep looking forward and..” He was running out of words to say, the entire thing felt too philosophical, even for him.

He then paused soon after she continued to speak. It’s obvious that the child loves her mother and that she cares deeply for her. When it comes to losing a loved one, that’s something much deeper. He then allowed her to continue speaking before nodding slowly and emitting a light sigh. The child seemed to be a bit ignorant to the problems in her situation that kept her back. Mikachi took a moment of thought as he spoke.

“Then why don’t you do what you want? To make your own path trek? Surely, most of the times you’ve done the things you wanted, something good must’ve come out of that, yeah?” Perhaps if he allowed her to realize her own flaws, she’d be able to point out her own strengths as well. “Besides, you were selected because of something ‘you’ had. Not mom, not dad, but you. You are special in your very own way.”

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 10:30 PM

Elite Member

"I'm fifteen." Junko exclaimed with some exasperation. "I don't know what I want. I thought I wanted to be a soldier but killing people makes me feel sick. Wanted to be my own person but now I think I should step up for my clan." Couldn't even manage being a boy. She let go of her legs which extended outwards and instead looked directly at her hands. She turned them over and back several times quite slowly. These two hands had done a lot, mostly they had done minor things, hunting, sewing, writing, music. There were some things that she had managed despite everything though.

"I get in a lot of trouble, you know, when I'm on my own." She lowered her hands. "Mom doesn't know I cut my hair, she'd probably cut off my allowance if she knew. Last time I went out hunting before Hachi died, I was attacked and nearly killed by wild animals. Went out to fight against the Ikko and I broke Hachi's bow when they blew up the building I was hiding on." She'd been through quite a lot, now that she lay it out like that.

But there had to be some good. What was the good? "But I also killed a bear. I survived and helped kill an Ikko scion. I built a bonfire for the souls trapped by those unmourned." Those were all good things. She'd gone out on her own and even if she had help at the end of it, she'd started off alone with nothing but grit and good intention. That was something, probably. It didn't feel like much. More like a bandaid over a bullet wound.

Slowly, she pushed herself into an upright position and hugged herself tightly. "I just...I'm not good enough for anyone." She shook her head vigorously. "And don't tell me nobody else' opinion matters. That's bunk. But even if it wasn't, I'm not good enough for me. I let myself down today. Again." She sniffed. "I don't know how to make it right. Even if I tried to patch things up with Hiro, I'd still be turning him down when it's all said and done."

Maybe that was the real issue, at least, the real issue in the narrow scope of this singular failure. Junko felt bad about turning him down after he'd obviously willed up the courage to ask, despite everything that was between them. But humoring him out of pity was worse than saying no. It wasn't fair to either of them. Why had this even happened, it wasn't fair.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Mikachi
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 04:24 PM

Fifteen and already having much to deal with. It wasn’t uncommon to note that the child hadn’t enjoyed the action of killing. You shouldn’t need to kill at such a young age, but from the histories that they came from, when wasn’t the age someone had to learn how to kill? He watched her as she gestured with her palms, turning them over and back. Perhaps if he were to let her talk it all out, she’d be able to come to terms with herself.

However, that just made things worse. Mikachi was surprised at how far the child had been willing to go just to prove how depressed she had been. He couldn’t allow the pity he felt inside himself to exert any longer. Of course, only talking about your problems didn’t really solve much. It was how much work a person had been willing to put in to make an effort to fix their problems that allowed them to overcome those issues.

But this child had been beyond that. Fixing his stance, Mikachi gave off a neutral expression, not one of happiness, nor disappointment. It was rather solemn, similar to keeping a poker face when keeping things a secret. “Then you have to be the one to face your problems and mistakes.” He stated bluntly. “I won’t tell what you can and cannot do. However, not everything can be handed to everyone on a silver platter. You are in charge of who you wish to become.”

And it was true, in Mikachi’s eyes especially. It seemed that she wished to both apologize, yet force herself to do something she did not wish to, and that was not correct. “If you still don’t understand, I’ll give it to you simply: Make your own choices, not the choices others want for you.” That had really been the moral he was trying to get at with the child. How she wished to take it was on her. However, he had enough of playing the pity-game.

He then perked his gaze up, searching for a nearby disposal for his empty tea bottle.

--------------------
PM
^
Aideen
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 05:04 PM

Elite Member

Junko groaned and lulled her head to one side to glare at a spot on the floor. "That's obvious. And there's a recycling bin just around the corner there." She made a casual wave motion with her left hand. Eventually the consequences would always come back around but that didn't make dealing with them any easier. It wasn't like she could put this off in any way that was notable. The only delay was actually going to confront the boy again. There didn't seem to be any way around that and this guy, for all his patience in listening, wasn't offering any way around that. It was all old uncle talk.

She pouted with puffed cheeks, "It's not as if I don't know I screwed up or won't fix anything." She raised her voice as he stepped away. Not loud, just to be heard just as easily as she could when he was beside her. Not that Junko gave any indication that she could see him at all. It was all artifact power. "But I don't know how. What am I supposed to say in this scenario?" Her sulking was bad but it wasn't as bad as crying at least.

"I don't know anything about love letters or romance or turning people down or anything. I hate hurting people's feelings." But wait, "Hey, you said you got a bunch of love letters before, didn't you?" This was the first positive turn all day. "You can teach me how to turn people down and stay friends."

At this idea, she actually had a small burst of energy. Junko turned in her seat, up on her knees, and leaned over the couch with both hands hanging over. It was a great idea, after all, somebody who received as many letters as that had to have a lot of experience letting people down gently. The plan was absolutely foolproof. Obviously this was a guy with some serious skills, he was so upright and proper and stuff. The advice would probably be totally honorable and avoid scandal and stuff.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere Stay Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK Alohomora Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris kaleidoscope Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes