Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Lazy yet delicious
jinn kuki
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 04:24 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 160

Awards: None

So far Jinn knew the home economic class room was empty. The room was filled with the scent of different spices that mixed together perfectly. The scent would be able to reach someones nose on the other side of the hallways though. The couple of skillets and pots were on the burners while the skillets gave away a small sizzling sound.

Jinn hands were moving quickly from one place to another. Going from flipping meat around to chopping veggies up nicely.

Jinn was mostly known as a lazy person that wouldn't do a single thing. He was known to sleep through most classes since he stayed up till late at night. Jinn maybe still had his lazy and unmotivated look in his eyes and posture he was moving quickly and precise.

If someone would look in the pans though they would see Jinn was making a Thai chicken curry from scratch. It looked like it was being made by a chef. Cooking was one of Jinn's hidden talents. He never really showed it though this would be the first time he showed off one off his skills.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 12:11 AM

Platinum Poster

Member No.: 6

Putting away the shamisen in its case and making sure the kimono were hung properly on their stands, all looked to be in order at the ceremony club once the day had ended. It was refreshing to do club activities again when putting the Ikko battle away bit by bit. For some it was easier to meditate and process what happened and for others a more difficult rut to overcome at its core. Students were encouraged to talk it out but some people just had to find their own sort of people to trust. For her, she came to her own terms and viewed the event as an invasion that started the previous fall.

After having set to order to the room, she took the club room keys and gave them to the student in charge of returning it to the main room and bidded an early leave.She shouldered her duffle bag and exited from the room and headed down the hall. Oddly did she find the scent of curry in the air. The club building was a bit away from the main and the dorms so someone, logically, was in the Home economics club a few doors down. Curious on what their activities were this time, and the smell making her a bit hungry, Suishoku strolled over and opened the doors to see. “Sorry to intrude,” she announced her presence since this room isn’t her own club.

Inside was one man and several burners on at once. The girl was under the impression it could be a singular project or some group activity like making bento lunches for the sports and training teams but neither of which fit the scene before her. She lingered by the door before entering in with care to stay away from the kitchen side incase the student had to make a run to a dar spice cabinet. “That’s a bit of food you’re making. Is this for anyone?” She asked in concern of where this food was even going. It looked more like he ws going to cook for a small squad than just himself.

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 04:27 PM

Bugei Adventurer

While cooking jinn's blue grey eyes shot to the side while one of the knives got quickly thrown in the air twisting rapidly in the air. Jinn catches the point of the knife being ready to throw it straight towards the person. The moment he saw it was just another student jinn's eyes went back towards the food. Jinn was always a bit on edge when he was focused on something like cooking since he never knew who was walking in at a time like this especially since mostly there wasn't anyone at home economics at this time.

When she excused herself Jinn nodded while he kept on cooking. "don't worry about it." Jinn said calmly towards here. When she started asking questions if he was making the food for anyone Jinn thought for a second. Jinn was actually cooking for one of his missions since curry was easy to take with for him and it filled him up good giving him enough energy for the missions plus it tastes good which was always a good thing.

Jinn looked at her before awnsering "most of it is for myself since I like to take it with me one mission although feel free to grab a plate" Jinn said with a small smile. Jinn the lazy person although he had a big heart under his unimpressed and lazy attitude most of the time. Jinn always made sure everyone got back alive and when it came to food and drinks he was always ready to share.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 11:08 PM

Platinum Poster

Suishoku nodded and took a moment to pull her hair back when inspecting his dishes from he kitchen perimeter to put her mind off of something a bit disturbing when coming into the room. He had that knife held by the blade, didn’t he? It was hard to miss since his arm was poised when she came into the room and given leave that it was okay to be here. The thought of dying in a home economics room was just disturbing and kinda rude. Sure she could heal the severed blood vessels if acting quick enough to direct the immediate puncture wound but in all honesty, a keep put sign would be enough of a warning.

Irked in thinking about that came another odd thing. She thought he was cooking a feast when all this was for curry? “It seems like a lot though to carry. You going to be gone a few days?” Curry was a wonderful thing that stews and easily heats to eat again. She went to wash her hands and fix herself a bed of fresh rice and ladled in the mouth watering curry on top. All the while she kept out of whatever his immediate work station was before pulling up a chair to occupy a vacant spot.

Unawares if the curry was extra spicy or savory, she took her first bite to enjoy the melding of rice and the stewed fllavors together while looking around the room. It felt like deja vu to her being here like this with another chef. They’re not longer with the school but it had that loose sort of feeling to be in the home ec room like this. Refocusing back on this man in particular, Suishoku knew she had seen him somewhere before but their interactions had been rare opportunities. His face though looked like one that has been around for awhile making him hardly a first year.

“You’d be great at the dorm kitchens, ya know,” she then pointed out. If he liked cooking so much then the student run kitchens at the dorms would be better suited than making the walk to the hone economics club.

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 12:28 PM

Bugei Adventurer

The curry she was eating would be pretty mild although it would leave some spicy aftertaste like the spiciness had a delay in the food. The chicken though was cooked to perfection without much effort.

Jinn nodded towards her "You never know how long you would be gone. It can be a day or be several weeks. It all depends on the situation you are in." He said calmly towards here while he started mixing the chicken with the curry. He settled the fire on the lowest Pitt with just a small fire under it. He made sure the curry wouldn't boil and over cook the chicken. It was just to make the curry go into the chicken a bit.

He raised a eyebrow towards her when she said he be great for the dorm kitchen. Jinn chuckled a bit before shaking his head. "I can't cook to order. I can only cook for friends, family and pretty girls like you" Jinn said with a small smile towards her. It was pretty rare to see Jinn smile though. Jinn was pretty much only smiling after a mission or when he was doing something he enjoyed. Cooking was one of them together with flirting.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 01:46 PM

Platinum Poster

"Hmm, yeah, you got that right," she sighed in agreement of long missions with another bite gone. The slumbering spicy taste coming to head for the pallet while prodding a piece of chicken. The way it nearly fell apart from her spoon showed how tender it was which helped the curry feel less heavy to use a whiter meat. "But to carry it all would be a hassle on top of normal gear even if you ration it out with a container to hold just the curry. I'd rather pack some smoked sushi wraps since the standard med pack takes so much space but it would be a waste to not take something this good. This would be a luxury." Suishoku commented rather openly now in the presence of comfort food. It helped that the guy didn't look so scary when it didn't look like she was going to get knifed for intruding.

She took her spoon to mix around a bit of the sauce and rice, coloring away the white with the tinges of red as he spoke. Abruptly she coughed and got up a moment to get some water. This really was hitting the deja vu mark now that cute remark. She wasn't angry about it or appalled by the remark since it was more charming than insult rivals between guns and arrows. "Ah, there's the spice," Suishoku went to the back fridge and pulled out a water pitcher and some ice to pour into. A glass was also set down on the counter for him to use with the pitcher on an unused hand towel. "A shame though. The menu is usually run by the student offering to cook so long as it's nothing largely experimental to become a waste of food," Suishoku carried on to explain her reasoning.

Having said this, she smiled at the dish before her then turning to the chef with the same appreciative grin. "But I suppose to get something wonderful, some deviations are acceptable. I assume today's master chef is also a member of this club? I'm Yuubae Suishoku from the ceremony club down the hall."

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 04:08 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn nodded towards her when she said she would rather take sushi with her plus the carry size of the food would be too big. "Well I don't carry a med pack with me since I mostly use nature itself as a medical. I like sushi but it doesn't give me enough energy too what I need." Jinn said calmly towards her. Jinn was lazy most of the time too save energy for when he needed it. He didn't saw the use of wasting it.

Jinn chuckled a bit when she coughed a bit although he wasn't sure if it was because of the spice or his remark to her. [b]"This is Still a pretty mild one to be honest."
He smiled to her. "Cooking for big groups if different then what I am doing now. Since I would have need to take everyone in mind what they like and not. Now I can just cook what I want and like." He would reach under the counter and would take out a couple of boxes where yiu could seal the lid. Jinn calmly started filling up the boxes using one box for the rice and one for the curry with veggies and chicken. He left a bit over though

Jinn chuckled a bit when she asked if he was part of the economics club and he shook his head a bit. "nope I am not part of this club although I am in the track and swimming club. The name is Kukki Jinn but just call me Jinn." He never liked it when someone called him by his last name since there were allot of people with that name. "Nice to meet you Suishoku."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 05:40 PM

Platinum Poster

She smiled and made a quick waving motion with her free hand when he cut straight to just using her name. A refreshing take to find someone else take that route on their own than her making the usual straight shot. "So what do you do when not doing your clubs or cooking?" The question came out simply as she settled into the casual flow of the room. She honestly wanted to know a bit more than just turn out to be someone that's just around for a free meal, not that she could ever turn that down by nature. It somehow helps that for all his rushing around in the kitchen did he oddly seem calm or removed from the word to be rushing around. That was the impression she got while taking her time eating his meal. During this did she thought about the name Kukki Jinn. If she remembered much about doing record paperwork for Izuki-senpai then he would be another member of the Kukki clan in the school but the fact he was another member wasn't what jogged her memory of the name.

It was during some filing work on mission updates and reviews did she find the name come up a few times in the assignment positions. Now and then it would come up in the emergency contact section or stand-by unit under a handler's name. To think that this was the same person was somewhat interesting and slightly believable for his reaction earlier. "I do feel like I've seen you before when I first started in Bugei." Right now boxes were brought to the counter and the left over curry was getting packaged away. She didn't make a comment on how the stew was more savory than spicy as she slowly worked through her plate.

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 06:10 AM

Bugei Adventurer

A simple shrug came from his shoulders when she asked what he did beside the clubs. "I just relax most of the time on the school rooftops or I am doing a mission. I don't really do allot besides this." He said in a calm way. It wasn't everything he did though since he was awake most of the time late at night training. He trained when most people were asleep late after curfew. He preffered to train AR night since that was the time he had the most energy. It was also the time he mostly left for mission and completed them.

Jinn though for a second when she said she had seen him before when she started a Burgei " That can be. I have been around this place for a while already. Most people I started the school with graduated already. I am kinda stuck in the second year for not picking a track." Jinn smiled to her. It was true that he was stuck in the second year for a long time

Jinn would grab a bento box and placed the plastic walls in to so the food would be separated. Jinn started too fill 2 bento boxes up with the left over curry and one plate.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 06:36 AM

Platinum Poster

“Sounds awfully like a cat or an owl,” she giggled after summing up what his activities were. Surpringly simple to lay around like this but oddly narrow minded. She could tell there wasn’t any disgruntled opinions over what he does and was content to just running missions at the school. Her curry slowly disappeared to nearly the plate being gone as he brought up exactly how long he’s been here. Not so much in years but, if he had been in second year when she started, and still in it now, that would be three years already! Make that four years when putting in how people already graduated ahead of him. Suishoku looked at Jinn at first in surprise. “How long exactly?!” It sounded better than asking how old he was.

He was now packing away the boxes of curry in the the same working momentum as his cooking; diligently and with care. Hardly in any hurry. The surprise dulled over by the curry spices that after another spoonful did she looked at him concerned and confused. “Have other people been okay with that? If I stayed in a second year rut for too long, my sponsors would question my actions for doing so.” That was her situation before the earthquake and general kick start into fully going to medical track. A simple thought at first but here she now sat as an accepted member of the school’s Elite. So much for simple after that odd detour.

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 06:45 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn shrugged to the cat and owl remark. "So far I know most people like cats and owls." He said while looking at her. When she suddenly asked how long he was here he started thinking for a bit. He was he fairly long though. "I would say I am here for about four years. Three years now in second." He said with a small shrug.

Jinn chuckled the moment she asked how his sponsors find it he was here for soo long. "My sponsors know me like no one else does. Since it is my clan. They are fairly known to be jack of all. We don't like to choose a specialization in something. We prefer to specialize in every single thing." He smiled to her. If she read his records good though she could have seen Jinn was in every kind of mission. Not following just one track. There would be one thing off though he would never be in a mission where guns or canons were used as weapons.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 07:26 AM

Platinum Poster

"So long as nothing devious is there." The spoon settled onto the empty dish as she got up with her glass of water to take all items to the sink to clean her plate real quick. Her water was downed soon after as she got some rubber gloves and strapped them on to get some washing done before the rest of the kitchen joined. The ceramic plate thudded to the bottom of the empty sink as it slipped from her soapy fingers. "A whole school year already!?" He looked only to be a few years older than her but he's been in Bugei for a whole run of it?! It was shocking to think his clan was okay with this too. Suishoku tried for a weary laugh whole groping the sink for the sponge. "I suppose I shouldn't find it too odd for a 40 something year old to still be a student. Bugei is...something of a college, or so I heard." There's no way even his all trades clan would accept that exaggerated stay.

Soap bubbles floated past her with the water running and getting her plate cleaned up. A few other items were left soaking in the sink basin such as a spare plate or two and used lades. She shrugged and took the sponge to them as well for being there. "Pass me anything that needs it," she said to Jinn while holding up the sponge briefly then picked up a knife to exam the blade for a quick run through. After awhile of doing this she pondered to his files on being some jack of trades. It did explain how he's just about everywhere or so but such a detail of his avoidance of guns and cannons went unnoticed since she was browsing and recognized the name appearing frequently.

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 05:01 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn smiles a bit. "There is only one way to find out what happens if I stayed here till fourthy. Big chance I would be thrown out by the school if I stayed for too long here." He laughed a bit he took a sip from water straight out out of the carafe.

He extinguished the fires under the pans by simply turning the buttons under them after he filled up the last bento box. He slides one to the side though. The others he placed in his backpack leaving one on the counter. He stacked up all the pots and pans although it were only three of them and walked calmly towards the sink. He placed them next to her and took out a drying cloth to dry the dishes. "okay but now you asked questions about me. Now it is my time to start. My first question is. How old are you and which class ate you in?" Jinn said while he started drying off the dishes and placing them in the correct spot like they were never touched.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 11:44 AM

Platinum Poster

A few utensils rested in the drying rack when the collection of pots arrived. She smiles and took a half step aside as he joined with a drying cloth. Washing away the curry took a bit like erasing a stain. The smell was still mouthwatering but it all had to go for using the home ec. room’s tools. The larger pot to ok some time compared to the plates and knives as the sponge scraped the curved bottom rhythmically. Suishoku didn’t have much else on her mind beyond getting this cleaned up and maybe swinging by the archery club afterwards to check on things as Jinn felt it would be a better trade off if she answered a few questions of his own.

“Sure, I’m in no hurry,” she chuckled with a double scrub to remove what felt like leftover starch gathered neart he pot’s rim. Pickng right off of their age joking earlier, she hummed a steady C note while thinking on the last birthday she had and counted backwards. “I should be 20 now as of a few months ago. My class? You mean which classes I take or which homeroom I go to in the morning?” Suishoku looked over at Jinn to check if they were on the same page then gave the pot a once over as she picked it up to sniff into it. “I do attend the archery and medical track classes and lectures still.”

--------------------

PM
^
jinn kuki
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 03:30 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Jinn just nodded at her when she answered the questions. She was older then him by three years and didn't graduate yet. Big chance she started later then him. Well he knew for sure she started later then him. "I mean more which track you are taking." He smiled towards her. Hearing she does archery and medical. Medical didn't really came as a surprise to him since she already stated she carried a medical box with his on missions. Archery was one he didn't expect though.

Jinn took the big pot when she placed it in the drying rack and started to dry if up. "Are you single?" Jinn asked in the same calm voice as always. While he dried up the pot.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY