Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Another Cup [Gawf]
Alida
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 05:46 AM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Awards: None

"I may as well be a reviewer," Suishoku laughed a bit to herself as she lowered her phone and hung around the entrance to the Edo Sky Tree. The landmark itself stood impressively over damped streets from last night's rainfall. The hour struck four as she looked at the slow moving patches of people go by. Even it was just a day after the start of the work week were people slow to come out in the evenings. Subconsciously she massaged her wrists of the paperwork filed in Izuki-senpai's absence. They were informed that he was away on another mission and since her forte wasn't charging through enemies like a bulldozer was Suishoku's place on the campus revolved around paperwork management and checking in on the latest patience at medical side of the school.

Her head tilted toward the clear evening sky in wonder if it'll rain in the evening as she waited. Once more did she find herself on another summons but this time with someone she didn't expect. It wasn't Mirai needing suggestions nor Yumiko about their rabbit plans and neither was it Roshi on what his next plans will be. Nobu should be training about now either in game after explaining she had a meeting to both him and the ceremony club. This time it was with a student she vaguely remembered speaking with a few times before.

Regardless of the sparse times they did chat and working with them in Southern Edo, Suishoku responded to their message to meet here at the Edo Sky Tree. She was given open invitation to pick the meeting place this time and somewhere indoors and easy to find sounded about right to her after all this rain lately. She did thought for a moment about somewhere in Southern Edo but maybe those were just bad memories for another time till accessing how they are. For now, she waited in slacks and a light over coat for the man's arrival.

Gawf

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 02:07 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 136

Ryuji walked down the street with one hand on his messenger bag and one on his phone. He had been looking at the gps directions he had punched in order to get to the edo sky tree, sure it was huge but he was prone to bouts of getting lost. Luckily he had managed to follow the simple directions. God how had he was anxious. Would she even remember him? It had been a few months since he had seen her last. Nah, he had faith she would. Ryuji came upon the building and took a deep breath and walked through the doors. Wearing his only pair of jeans coupled with his Tee shirt and unbuttoned flannel shirt he caught a glimpse of her, and she was not any worse for wear, after all the last time he saw her was barley breathing in the hospital. "Hey Suishoku!" Ryuji said as he waved. He started walking towards her, as he did this he remembered his scar on his right eye. His hair wasn't long enough to cover it anymore and he really couldn't cover it up with his hand now he was within a eyeshot of her now. It wasnt a particularly nasty scar, just pronounced, it was now often the first thing people saw when he met them. " how have you been Suishoku"
Ryuji asked nervously
Alida

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 02:17 AM

Platinum Poster

A hand shot up behind a a passing couple so she too waved back at them to confirm. She smiled in greeting as he came through the door of the tower. "Glad you can make it," she laughed even though that should have been his line. Taking a better look at him did help jog her memory more of that boy she once gave a brief tour of the school floors and meeting him again in the streets of the southern district. Now that she got a better look at him, her brow raised a bit at the odd scar. "Alright here. I've been back to moving order for a few months now. You want to do a bit of shopping while we're out?" Her hand moved to tap under her own eye to motion she was talking about his scar. "Maybe some foundation?" The suggestion was given lightly if it ever bothered him but this sort of wound may have come from that Ikko general or so. Only other person she could think of to have done so anyway.

Even if he took offense by it, she chuckled and pointed to a floor map near by. Edo Sky Tree not only was a landmark tower but housed quite a few small cafes and restaurants for the view alone like the many other meeting areas around it. One could say it was like a little town of shops and eateries around the tower just so much as there being some inside it. "We'll be going up a few floors to the main observatory," Suishoku explained while leading him to the elevators. "You're not scared of heights, I hope." If that's the case then maybe this was a bad idea given another item that is up on the observatory deck.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 07:30 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"Good to hear!' Ryuji said. " Yeah we can do some shopping while we are here, wouldnt hurt to pick up a new pair of pants and maybe a shirt." Come to think of it he had never had to go out and buy his own clothes. There where just kinda always there when he opened his closet. Ryuji laughed when he heard her suggestion, " Oh man if Kire ever saw me in foundation he would give me hell for the rest of my life."
Ryuji said as he follwed her to the elevator. " See its not so much the heights but the falling from said heights that concerns me, but ill think ill manage. Ryuji joked. " So how have things been at the school since all the ikko business went down?" He asked, the last time he saw it, well it was on fire so things could have changed a little.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 10:15 AM

Platinum Poster

“Kire? The blacksmith that got master craft some time ago?” Suishoku asked as they arrived at the elevator and pressed the button. By her tone, it wasn’t completely in her knowledge that Kire was also the same Kite that assisted in the mission. New names get hard to remember as well as going unconscious for awhile after. The polished metal doors opened up and took them to the 5th floor area. Inside was some off gimmick of flashing lights at the top that kids would enjoy. They blinked and spiraled like mini pinwheels on the ceiling during the lift up.

As the doors opened were the twi already treated to quite the view. A few other patrons were here for the same reason as all around the floor were glass windows displaying not just Edo’s skyline but also the ground below them. From viewing Edo castle, Bugei, and the highlights of shopping and business complexes were visitors able to safely walk in air. The fifth floor observatory also had glass floor sections for people see down below. Some college students did a small test of courage by gently scaring thheir girlfriends as they jumped on the glass panels. Curious and enthusiastic toddlers waddled on sections and patted their hands on the translucent surface as if trying to hop and catch the cars that stopped below.

She walked over and carefully peered over a gap before walking along to the observation deck railings. “No way to fall here,” she declared. A short walk from here to a set of stairs would ftake them to their meeting place in the tower. An observation cafe complete with bar stools and rich aromas of coffee and fresh goods. Today wasn’t as crowded as toward the weekend so the floor was open with a sparse attendance of 3 other customers and staff. Suishoku took to a window stool and rested her elbows on the table. “Reviews here have been pretty good even for the price. So what have you been doing since we last ran into eachother?”

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 09:19 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"Yeah, we worked with him to take down that fat guy we fought," Ryuji said as he entered the elevator. His eyes lit up as the lights twirled around the ceiling. As the doors opened Ryuji felt himself lose his sense of balance just from seeing the heights. He hesitated to follow until he saw people jumping on the glass and followed his fearless leader onto the glass.

"Huh this isn't as bad as i thought," Ryuji said as he looked over the railing at the buildings around them. He then continued to follow. After entering the cafe he took a seat. "I shouldn't worry about the price,i am the kid of a clan head after all" Ryuji said with a smile on his face. "I asked you out so feel free to order whatever and ill cover the tab." He said as he pulled up a nearby menu. "Im here on business, Ever since the attack on Edo I've been on call of sorts. The attacks left a lot of people needed medical care and there haven't been enough doctors going around, so i guess as a show of Bessho compassion my parents have been sending every doctor in the clan to help out, and being doctor in training i got selected as well." Ryuji said as he put the menu down. "Ive been getting carted all over Japan, only reason im here is because ive gotten some concerning CAT-scans back from some of my patients and im seeing Aki-sensei later today for a consultation with her."

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 02:07 AM

Platinum Poster

So that confirms it about the fight. That reassurance eased some concern of her memory just being hazy and not washed out as she thought it would be. She took the menu with a light shrug at the truth. He did invite her out even though Suishoku was the one who suggested the tower. Lightly she thumbed the menu and picked the first sweet coffee she saw from their window viewing seats. Quickly an order for ginger and green tea mix and a mont blanc before setting the menu aside. The whole topic about Ryuji being a member of a prominent clan of doctors was fairly forgotten till the reminder. She remembered that he was part of the clan but not the higher position of it. "Kinda amazed we all did it. I got released late so I've yet to track down the other two that helped to thank them properly."

Still, since this meeting was just causal, she smiled it off and waited for him to order whatever he happened to fancy between the limited selection of curry, light sandwiches, and a selection of desserts and drinks. Suishoku rested her arms on the table and relaxed with a lean toward the window where the view was like floating above the city. "Just came back on business? That's a shame." Goes to show the different priorities of how clans acted. No instructions from the Shogun was given to Bugei directly so Ryuji's clan had full authority to direct where their members go. "But I guess you aren't missing much here. Some rotational work here, a hospital visit for three there. Our own seniors have taken extended leave it seems so paperwork has been divided out." Suishoku tried to speak lightly of how Edo was doing and the Elite work she participates in but that was still far from doing enough about the more pressing matters. "But, if you haven't got back to the campus yet, um, don't be surprised that the number of attending students dropped."

A a fair chunk of the school's student population turned rouge during the Ikko attack as anyone returning to the school had found it. Suishoku frowned and shifted her arms to hide her mouth in the palm while keeping herself propped up. If students weren't turned rouge and executed, they were killed on site or fled into hiding. Getting a solid count remains unknown and, sadly, slowly being put back for the Shogunate to decided the fates of those involved. Who to bury with honors, which family to scorn and subjugate. Figuring she said enough about this downer subject, unless Ryuji inquired about more, she tilted her head a bit on the purpose of his return.

"Some heavy skull fractures or a brain tumor?" Her eyes lit up at the odd purpose and intrigue as his key reasons. Those were the sort of things that came to her mind in terms of the CAT-scans. Quickly she set her interests back down so he wouldn't get the wrong idea over them. "Well, I don't work with the scans enough due to being mostly field support to know a whole lot but it seems serious to come back here for that. What time do you have your meeting with her?" If time was short then she hoped to not keep Ryuji too long. Even that shopping trip might get put on hold if that's the case.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 03:15 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Ryuji set the menu down and decided on a sandwhich and some coffee. " Thats the good thing about being away, no rotational shifts!" Ryuji smiled as he joked. Reality was he was on call when he wasnt sleeping. He looked down back to his bag thinking of the scans he got back. "Oh no nothing like that, nothing ive seen before! Hopefully Aki-sensei knows," Ryuji looked over at the coffee straws and proceeded to grab one and figet with it. " And Aki isnt the only reason im here." He said as he pulled out a box with a bow tied around it. "You lent me your sword few months ago, and its been nagging at me." Ryuji said as his smile turned nto a more stern face. "Id uh .. Thanks for saving my life and my eye. If you hadnt of done your bandaging and Scion healing i think i would have passed out and bled to death back in that alley." Ryuji threw up a thumbs up as he said this with a smile. He felt awkward making all gloomy with all the death talk.
" And im meeting Aki later today so i still got a while to kill.' Ryuji said as his food arrived

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 09:48 AM

Platinum Poster

"Heh, just wait till they get their claws on you next time," Suishoku joked back considering that's pretty much how the rotational work operated. Some of it was slightly voluntary but much of it was required depending on what was needed. Her head followed his gaze to the bag he brought with him and the scans hidden within among other things. "Something you never seen before. You're starting to make it sound rather alien." But without having any further experience about it was there little else Suishoku could do for the aspiring doctor. Now for that added bit that he wasn't just here for Aki-sensei made her blink at this.

"Oh?"

A brow raised as she looked at him skeptically. It didn't occur much to her that he was here for other business. The cafe and meeting up at the tower was just on the spot with light shopping thrown in. A few drinks and a snack there and it was off to his business. Much of what Ryuji mentioned about was his business work so, besides the small meeting they were having, what else was there? A box came out of his bag now with a cute bow added to it. "What's this?" A present wasn't what she thought would come out of there and her birthday was way in November for this sort of thing. She tried not to act too flustered by it since they only met sparingly. A souvenir would be nice though since he was roaming the country but they weren't close enough to warrant that either if she last recalled.

His eyes went from smiling to a stern look as she shifted her posture to face him. So this was all for thanks on that mission. Suishoku's thoughts of that gift settled down as she gave him a smile and chuckled at his odd thumbs up. This was an awkward delivery of emotions for not just him but her as well. "What you did was pretty out there. I'm amazed you pulled it off and left with your body more or less intact." She folded her hands on the table counter and fiddled with her fingers. "That tanto blade really held up better than expected. More importantly, I'm just glad the whole thing worked out. I lost my whip back in Kanezawa so that would be the first time I actively supported others with a bow and um, well, weapons aside, I'm just glad you were alive enough to take care of you." Having said this was really the main draw of the medical unit. There's only so much they can do and relics weren't miracles. If he had lost more blood, a limb, or just flat out rejected her tonic then it wouldn't have turned out like now.

Their food now arrived as she took up a small spoon to cut a corner of her mont blanc cake and take a sip of her tea. "Truth be told, I haven't met with the other people of the assigned group since to thank you all for handling that man up close."

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 01:27 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Ryuji akward smiling face turned a shade red after hearing the praise he had recived. He turned his attention back to his food. He then pucked up his coffee and proceeded to drink it all in one go. He wasnt much for savoring the flavor he mostly just drank it for the energy perk up it provided. "Yeah i seen that girl who was flying around with that spear, to ne honest that was the first time i have even seen her." He said as he took another bite from his sandwhich. " Tell me was there ever a time when edo was a little more... calm?" Ryuji asked as he wondered, maybe he just joined at a bad time, but it seemed like things kept happening, that attack on the shogun, the earthquake, now the ikko attack. Really it could only get worse if a rival nation decalred war, after that who knows? Alien attack? Zombie outbreak? Alien zombies? Things always seemed like something was going on, It hardly mattered Ryuji would be doing his job either way.
"Also what are we shopping for? Cars? high end fashion attire? Jewels and gems?" Ryuji asked as he fired off possiblites quickly in a joking manner

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 02:32 AM

Platinum Poster

"Yeah, I don't remember seeing her in my first year class. The school sure acquired all kinds of new first years this time around," she shrugged on who this mystery girl was with the spear. Something 'Sanada' came to mind but it's been so long now since then. She ate back and forth from taking a bite of her cake and sip of coffee to melt the sweetness and also sweetening her ginger and green tea blend. Her mont blanc was near polished off first due to its smaller size as her eyes flicked over to Ryuji on a question that not many have openly asked but it sure felt like the sort to bring up in memory. Where did those peaceful times go?

Her elbow rested on the table as she placed her fork down and drank her tea to wash off the sweetness. "I swear it was two years ago." Two years ago of just coming from winter break and exchanging late Christmas presents with Nobu. Two years ago of just rounding out a second year to start considering a career into the medical side of things. The worst things she handled was the rough transition to second year and the failed missions that took place but on a larger scale, no, Edo was not like this at all.

"It's almost uncanny that our summers have been nothing but trouble too. I can hardly remember a good summer vacation thanks to all this." Suishoku sighed into the palm of her hand she leaned on, missing some real vacation time than having the city up and break. It may just have been two times but it's one time too many.

"Heh, suure~. And a high rise condo with a vacation villa timeshare in the beaches of Okinawa with fancy custom print kimono in gold left," she chuckled and took a drink to polish off her lunch. "I guess I better open this before I forget. What's in this anyway?" Suishoku brought out the gift box he gave her earlier. She didn't open it before but for having to carry it around with her person now, now it was best to know if it was something fragile or not.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 06:49 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"Huh two years huh" Ryuji wasnt sure how one could deal with two years of earthquakes and war, but with the ikko defeated he wouldnt have to, thank god for that. " i also heard alot of people are gonna get held back a year due to the fighting, plus with me being gone as long as i have been guess who is still gonna be a first year next year?" Ryuji then pointed both of humbs back towards himself. He really didnt care that much though, some of the other first years where way older than him. " oh well its a necklace of a lucky cat got it from a chinese shop when i was up in Nanto." Ryuji said as he stood up. "well where is our first shopping trip stop going to be?" He asked as he grabbed his wallet and produced a credit card from it. Giving it to their waitress to pay for their meal.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 12:20 AM

Platinum Poster

Her palms raised to an open shrug. There wasn't any helping that students will get held back for not taking actions during these events or were too injured or our of Edo at the time. "It's not exactly a bad thing compared to public schooling," she gently reminded though there wasn't any assurance that Ryuji did go to a normal school or was home schooled or if his province had any school to speak of. Now knowing that the box didn't have something too fragile inside, Suishoku opened it up now and smiled at the cute charm necklace. The simple design and somewhat thick cord around it gave that secure feeling. "I love it," Suishoku replied with a grin. Lucky charms and the like were always things she enjoyed throughout childhood and now. She set the box down to do a brief clap of prayer of good will and thanks before putting it on so it rested between her collar bone. "Heh, thanks. I used to have another charm before so I hope the luck this one gives me will be put to good use."

She now rose from her set, taking the box with her to drop off in a recycle bin before now addressing where they were going to go for shopping. "Hmm, well, let's settle on what we're looking for. You were looking for clothes right? There should be a men's department store closer to the ground floor. Everything in the tower here are tower related shop goods and some themed stores of popular kid shows. I'm still debating on hair accessories or not but that's along the way."

They would retrace their steps back from the cafe and traverse through the observasion deck to the elevators again. While waiting for the lift to come to their floor, Suishoku scratched her cheek in wonder of something she soon realized. "What did become of the knife I lent to you anyway?"

Gawf

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Yesterday at 01:38 am

Bugei Adventurer

"Yeah, I really dont know. I think I may have dropped it when the fat man hit me." He said as he rubbed the back of his head. As they waited for the lift he opened his mouth again. "So did you go to a public school? Before coming here I mean. To uh edo bugei." He stammered out awkwardly. "I've never been, well until now, my mom homeschooled me so I'm still adjusting to school, not to mention the crazy missions." He said as their lift arrived he stepped in and let her to the button pushing.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Yesterday at 10:48 am

Platinum Poster

“Really? Ah, well, don’t feel bad about that.” Suishoku chuckled but know that this settled it for her. She’ll have to get a new weapon now. One whip, one knife, and a borowed set of bow and basket of arrows gone. A part of her was somewhat glad that nothing too valuable was lost but the other side of the coin made her feel irresponsible for losing all weapons at the end of the Ikko battle sides her relic. Oh! This would count one Maeda escort vehicle. Thankfully material debts are what comes with the battle and not by individuals.

She too rubbed the back of her neck to wonder if the knife was still there infront of the warehouse but that was a long time ago now so it may have been cleaned up or broken at that hot zone of relic energy. The lift and its doors opened up for another odd light show to briefly entertain them during the trip to the lower floors as she answered about her schooling. Ground floor was selected so they could explore the stores surrounding the tower for less themed goods.

“Yes, I was in a public school in Kaga. After finishing it, I assumed to go into the local high school after summer break but came here instead.” As loosely summarized that relic discovery and transfer that could be. “What do you find to be so nervous about?” Suishoku didn’t quickly understand his worries at first till he explained he was homeschooled, therefore a class of one. “Oh, I get it.” Her back leaned into a corner of the elevator to watch the floors go back. “Hmm, well, I guess classroom movement could be a hassle when leaving homeroom. We mostly worked more with our fellow classmates in school activities since each homeroom could host something. Usually have atleast a friend or so to walk home together to a point. Sports day was a real class of rivals. I guess you could say the homeroom you mostly had when changing grades throughout the year was your base community. About the same as Bugei when not leaving to different lecture halls and training fields.” The words rambled together like picking at a puzzle and checking each piece for the corners and sides before starting to find the full picture.

“Won’t Bugei be a special case since we all transferred to it though?”

The doors of the elevator opened for the two to exit and the closest men’s clothing store was half a block away near another tower souvenir shop.

--------------------

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Stranger Than Fiction Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Avalon Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour Bleach Platinum Hearts PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Reach For The Stars Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence Apotheosis STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Infamy Indigo Plateau Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Blackballad Megalomania Catch-22 Naruto: Shinobi Stories Break The Wheel No Heroes BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp