Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 04/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. They have come to learn more about the state of Japan, the Shogunate, and it's Scions. We will be having a Lunar New Year's celebration, a school dance, and a combat tournament with them!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Meeting the Headmaster (Hosokawa x Gawf)
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 05:29 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

Gawf

The Headmaster of Edo Bugei looked deeply concerned. Over the past few months he had been going over various documents collected from the Ikko Ikki's attack on the city of Edo. This included student, Shogunate, and civilian reports. Out of all of them one report seemed particularly problematic. Sakuma, Eiji had apparently caused quite a lot of concern during his fight against the English speaking student. His death threats and absolute rage seemed also psychotic according to the reports the Headmaster had received.

It seemed that not only had the boy escaped with the scythe of the defeated Englishman, a possible relic, but also seemed to discord his persona he had taken on during the fight. It was as though the savage Eiji the headmaster had heard about was completely removed from the regular student. Regardless of how he looked at it, it was very troubling and he needed to speak with Eiji about the occurrence.

Thus, after school on a Thursday, a short message was sent to Eiji calling him to the Headmaster's office. The headmaster would be sitting in his office in a long, black ronin style outfit with beautiful white and red flowers on it as he waited for the boy to enter his large, well decorated office.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 01:55 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

Three knocks rang out from the headmaster's door, after hearing a response from within Eiji opened the door. In one hand he was holding a rather large aluminum case, the other was in a sling. Remarkably he wasnt dressed like his usual self, rather he was wearing his school uniform. No jacket, no T shirt, and no sunglasses. He gave the headmaster a bow before putting down the large and unwieldly case and sliding it to Hosokawa's left side without saying a word.
"The relic is in the case sir." Eiji Replied as he stood infront of the headmaster's desk. The rebel nature that Hosokawa no doubt heard about was not in the young man that stood before him. Eiji did not say anything, he wouldnt even take a seat until he was told to, His grey lifeless eyes just peered at the headmaster, like a Solder waiting on his orders. Eiji stood in place waiting for Hoskawa to speak up.
Nobuyumi

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 09:12 PM

Administrator

The Headmaster looked at the open door behind Eiji and pushed a button under his desk that both closed and locked the door. Neither of them could easily get out of the room, but no one could come in. He then got up, and closed the blinds to his office. This was the type of thing you only did when having a very personal, high level meeting. This time, however, the Headmaster wanted to make sure everything stayed behind he and the boy in front of him.

Walking over he opened the extremely long case to show a beautiful scythe. Picking the scythe up he examined it a few times. Since he wasn't the person it was meant for, and neither was Eiji, neither of them had to worry about it activating for them. However, the simple fact remained that it was still clearly a relic. Place it back in the case and putting the case in a corner of the room next to his own samurai armor and sword he looked at Eiji.
"Sit. Please." he less requested and more demanded before returning to his own chair and gazing at Eiji for a while.

"I want you to tell me, everything about your encounter with the foreign Scion who owned that scythe. What did he do? What actions did you take? What did you feel was justified? Would you have done anything different?" he wasn't about to set it on the boy without hearing Eiji's side first. That was hardly the type of man Hosokawa was. He had fought against the Ikko himself more than once, and lost family. He knew very well what war could drive people to. He had far more blood on his hands than hopefully any of the student body would ever know.

Gawf

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 05:53 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji watched as Hosokawa played with the scythe, then did as he he was told and sat down.
Why the hell did the big fish in the pond want to know about that dead asshole? Was what justified? Eiji began to feel like he was sitting in a courtroom. "Well i was out fighting the ikko with the rest of the city when the scion engaged me, i dont know the ins or out but he had me in a illution of sorts. It was so life like i couldnt tell the difference. Two other students moved in to support, though i use the term here lightly.
Eiji said as he tried to recall their names and likenesses. Truth be told he couldnt acually remember if they had helped him or not, if they did he couldnt see it or for that matter if they where realy in the llution he was in. "I continued to engage the enemy, even after the area filled with smoke. One of the students cautioned me that the smoke would kill us if we stayed anylonger and moved to pull out of the field. As he did so the scion readied an attack on us. I cant remember what he called it but he summoned blades and was going to fire, I stood in his way though i do not know if this was effective in stopping any blades from reaching the others, you would have to ask them that. The enemy skwered me with his attack, though not before i was able to close the distance and counterattack, Being as fatiuged as i was with all my pervoius battles and the smoke choking me my only choice to make sure the bast-....Enemy couldnt escape i tore his juggar out with my teeth. " Eiji caught himself in time to change his choice of words. " I guess killing him in the illution brought us back one thing led to another and i put my thumb in his eye and smashed his head into the pavement. Eiji said without emotion. He really didnt like thinking about when he killed people. Just saying again made him sick. " Do i think it was right? Yes. That man wanted to be a demon and live violently, then by the same logic he should die violently. And if i could change anything i would have liked my classmates not to see me do that to another human. Eiji waited for the headmaster to ask any questions as he sat motionless in his chair.
Nobuyumi

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 07:21 PM

Administrator

Headmaster Hosokawa listed to the verbal summary of events carefully, nodding a bit as the boy spoke and reviewing his words with the reports the headmaster had received in regards to the battle. While the series of events did certainly match up it was concerning how casually Eiji spoke about this actions. So much so that the Headmaster couldn't help but comment on this.
"You talk so casually about it, when many of your peers still seem slightly traumatized by the struggle. It is also said that after violently murdering the enemy you simply strode off with his weapon and ended up covered in blood, aiding feeling civilian. Mentally, how did you view your actions? how did you cope?" he asked curiously.

He was a veteran samurai after all. He had also sent many students both on difficult missions, and to their deaths. He was aware how trauma from battle stuck with someone, and how it changed them. Now he was curious how it was effecting Eiji, and he worried it would consume the young boy if he didn't talk about it.Stabbing someone with a spear was one thing, but Eiji had literally used his teeth and hands to tear the enemy agent apart.
"Do your family and friends know of what happened?"

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 04:40 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"How do you cope?" The headmaster asked, the words just kept ringing in eiji's head. He looked around the room for a while lost in thought before speaking up. "I...... ive never been asked that before." Eiji said with a touch of sadness in his voice. He waited a moment to collect himself before speaking again. "I can speak about the events like i do because ive been doing it for a while. Ever since i was thirteen years old." Eiji said as he unlocked eye contact from the head master and began looking at the office tiles that littered the floor. His began shifting around n his chair, his voice and body softening up. " As for coping...... i dont, or better yet not well. I play a game for flip on the idiot box and drink. Whiskey if i can help it. Thinking about the things ive done is awful, so i try not to." Eiji said as he shifted his gaze to the wall now, seemingly looking anywhere but at the headmaster. His voice softly cracking as he continued. " i havent spoken to my family since i came here, and no one wants to be friends with a violent psychopath whos usefulness ends as soon as the battle is over. I think its better that way." Eiji's face was red now everything bulding up to now was hitting him like a truck.
"if im the one putting people down than its means someone else doesnt have to, they could have to live with it or even worse lose their lives," Though he did not act like it eiji really did care about the people he would only have a conversation with once, After all he would more than likely be sharing a fox hole with them. "I fight every battle like it is my last to try to help out the people around me. Imagine if one of the other guys on that misson had died fighting that guy and he ended up getting away. Im sure their friends and family would miss em bad. Its better i fight and risk my neck, worse comes to worse i take the guy with me and someone kicks me in a hole in the ground." Eiji said. Really he didnt know if that was the truth or if thats what he told himself. His eyes began to water as he pondered on it

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 01:58 PM

Administrator

The Headmaster looked at the boy carefully. It was something he had seen in other students. Something far from healthy. He actively cared for the other students but couldn't express himself well. Instead he kept it all to himself, put everything on himself, so the other wouldn't have to. In some ways it was just as noble as it was absolutely stupid. As the boy shifted more and more the Headmaster looked at his red face and sad eyes.
"You do what needs to be done, to try and get a mission completed as quickly as possible. I can appreciate that. However, I think we need to talk amore and work on what you do after missions. Suppressing yourself, hiding yourself away from your friends and family, keeping others at a distance. None of it is healthy. All you are doing is putting yourself in a place to either violently lash out at others, or suffer in loneliness." he said quietly.

"Eiji, you have a good heart. I believe that." said the Headmaster as he looked at Eiji with caring eyes.
"However, you can't put everything on yourself. Trust in your fellow students. They can also help you. I'm sure they tried to." he explained to the boy as he looked again at some files about what had happened.
"If after missions you need to vent, or weep, or get out frustrations, you may come to me or any of the faculty. I don't want to see you break down." his face was kind but his words sounded less and less like it was an offer as his tone changed. In many ways the Headmaster sounded like a strict father figure who was deeply concerned for his son.

"Many students, and samurai, have done what you are doing now. Without a proper way to vent, your own anger and sorrow will just live inside you like a dragon, eating away at you. I'm sure you already feel such things." after all, after he had lost his family Headmaster Hosokawa had felt the same way. He had slaughtered more Ikko than he would ever care to mention just to try and appease his own bloodlust. Sadly, that still wasn't enough to replace what he had lost. It didn't bring his family back. It didn't bring back his lost comrades. None of it had worked. To see the boy in front of him trying to do exactly what he had done and make the same mistake he had was hurting Headmaster Hosokawa, though he wasn't at the stage in which he felt he needed to admit that to Eiji just yet.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 07:49 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji wiped his face and took a deep breath. He really didnt like hearing the things the headmaster was telling him. "Thanks for the offer. Though i doubt you called be here to vent." Eiji said as he sat in his seat. Slowly recompsing himself. " was it just the relic or was there somthing else?" Eiji said as he sat up straight again.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 07:36 PM

Administrator

The Headmaster looked over the boy carefully. He was getting straight the point, and clearly felt uncomfortable. Of course the Headmaster had expected this. It wasn't easy to get someone traumatized by war to open up. With a bit of a sigh he looked at the scythe he placed in the corner in it's container then back at Eiji.
"I actually did ask you to come partially because you need to vent. However, I certainly can't force you. Just be aware, that should you ever need to I am in fact here." his voice was kind and his face sympathetic and nurturing. The last thing Eiji needed right now was to get scolded. The boy clearly needed warmth, even if he wasn't sure how to process it right now.

"Now, that being said. We should indeed get to business." and with that he looked the boy up and down for traces of looking back at the scythe.
"I know you have had a lot of problems with Scions lately. You have fought them without being one yourself. That act alone is very impressive. Though I'm curious, have you ever considered being a Scion? The reports I read lead me to think you may be able to awaken a certain relic we have been holding on to. Their is no guarantee of course. The relic chooses the person, not the other way around. However, I thought I would at least offer."

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 02:21 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji couldn't help but correct the headmaster. "Fought and won" any one could try to fight a scion. Though he couldn't attribute any one factor to his victories he had still walked away.
"And yes I have, to be truthful i hate getting an advantage just for some chucklefuck to turn it around with magic bullshit." Eiji leaned back on the chair. He relaxed his form and started to get comfortable, maybe too comfortable with his language at least. "If I do awaken this relic will it become mine or will I lease it from the tokugawa or edo bugei?" He had to get the financial business out of the way first. That was the sakuma way after all.

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 12:22 PM

Administrator

"If I do awaken this relic will it become mine or will I lease it from the tokugawa or edo bugei?" the question made the Headmaster smirk. It was a question that was often asked, but rarely as direct as Eiji seemed to have asked it. Leaning back in his chair a bit and getting comfortable the Headmaster gladly explained.

"The answer is both. The relic is yours, and only compatible with you. Thus, it is yours. However, should you use it against the interest of the country the Tokugawa Shogunate is known to send forces to put down rebel scions. Also, you are not allowed to sell it or give it away without permission. The relic is viewed as property of the Country of Japan as a whole. Also, an active Scion is far more valuable than any amount of money you may get from selling off a relic." with that he crossed his hands and placed them in his lap. It was a very business like posture that the Headmaster rarely took with students.

"That is, of course, assuming you are actually compatible with a relic. No guarantee exists you understand. I simply thought that after all this time it may be best to try for compatibility. It would be a good compliment to your already impressive fighting ability." If Eiji tried to read the Headmaster he would find no sense of lying. Right now, in the mind of the Headmaster, the best way to protect Edo and the Bugei was to increase the amount of power gathered in Edo. What the Headmaster would leave out is that Eiji was far from the only person that would be tested for compatibility. After the Earthquake and Ikko Invasion the Headmaster no longer wished to simply wait for relics to awaken and maybe fall in the hands of the proper person.

"It doesn't take a famous strategist to realize Edo's power is currently lacking. I would like to do whatever I can to help secure the city's defenses in case something should come about that may threaten this school." at least this way the Headmaster wasn't revealing all of his plan, but we still making his intent well known.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 12:29 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji began to grin wildly, he nodded as he listened to the head master. He leaned back in as he spoke next. "Lacking in power? Coming from the guy who took on a battleship and won?" He said, word tended to travel and more so on fears such as his. "People talk" Eiji would comment if hokosawa wondered about where he got his information. "Though I've seen scions in action, their abilities and powers when they awaken their relics do they just know how ri activate and use their magic or Is it something you need to learn and train?"

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 07:53 PM

Administrator

"Lacking in power? Coming from the guy who took on a battleship and won?" at the words the Headmaster's eyes went wide with shock for a moment then he laughed a bit. He hadn't expected anyone to bring that up. Though as Eiji said, rumors traveled. It wasn't surprising that even though the Headmaster had worked to keep that part of the Ikko Invasion a secret, word still spread among the Bugei students. It was true that one of the current active Scions in Japan, Headmaster Hosokawa's powers easily ranked top five. Though he would never gloat of such things. After all, even had couldn't have stopped the entire Ikko invasion by himself.

"Though I've seen scions in action, their abilities and powers when they awaken their relics do they just know how ri activate and use their magic or Is it something you need to learn and train?" Eiji asked. The Headmaster nodded a bit, the smile leaving his face.
"Everything takes training. When you first bond with a relic, you get a sense that you have....in a way... a new limb. Though it takes time to fully learn how to use that limb and what it can and can not do." he explained carefully. He had no intention of showing his own relic or exactly what it could do, since he did his best to keep it a secret from the students in case of betrayal, such as with the Ikko.

"Their are certain things not even Scions can do. For instance manipulate time, or bring back the dead. They are not gods. Though with training, a Scion can become truly terrifying in terms of their individual power" he explained simply as he thought back on some of the Ikko generals, and even some of the Bugei students both current past who had unlocked their awakened abilities.
"It all depends on how you choose to use it. Some scions who are elite students still can't use more than their most basic powers."

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Gawf
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 12:43 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"Huh I see" he said as he stopped leaning in the chair. "Welp let's get this show on the road." He said as he stood up. " I take it you got it on you right? Or do we gotta go some where to get it?" He asked as he walked over to the door and tried to get the door open unsuccessfully. "Panic button huh?" Eiji said as he turned around. He wondered why someone like him would even need a door like this. He was absolutely rearing and ready to go

--------------------
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 06:02 PM

Administrator

As Eiji seemed ready to go he went to the door, only to find it locked.
"Panic button huh?" he asked as the Headmaster pressed a button under his desk. Some locks could be heard separating and easing tension as the doors seemed to be able to open again. The Headmaster grabbed the weapon Eiji had brought and walked over to him.
"It is a safety measure." he said simply. He refused to elaborate on the how or why of the matter, and likely never would unless it became an issue. Opening the sealed door he walked out and looked back at the boy.

"We will going to Edo Castle." he said as he pulled out his phone. Making sure no one was around he called a number and held the phone up to his ear.
"It is Headmaster Hosokawa. Please bring a lift to Edo Bugei's campus. I will be transporting a relic and candidate to the vault." no answer could be heard coming from the other side of the conversation, and before one could even possibly be heard the Headmaster had already hung up the phone. Walking with Eiji to the front gates of the school a large, black van with black tinted windows would be waiting. On each side was a golden Tokugawa clan crest as two agents in all black seemed to be waiting for them. One of them opened the door to the backseat of the van as the other kept their hands hidden in their pockets and carefully looking around, as though ready to strike someone down at even a moment's notice.

As the Headmaster got in first and put the relic's case on the floor Eiji was allowed in. The door was shut and all doors then locked except the two in the front of the van, in which the two agents got in. The van looked like something out of a spy novel, and Eiji would be able to tell right away that not even a scion could easily break the windows he was now surrounded by. Folding his hands on the his the Headmaster looked at Eiji.
"I suggest relaxing. We are going to Edo Castle and it will be a long drive. Don't worry though, aside from myself and a handful of others I really can't think of anyone that could break inside this vehicle." and with that they began driving through Eastern Edo.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild .hack//infinity PANDORA'S ASCENSION FORCED HEROES UNBOUND Black Static HEART SIGH Pandora Sedition Persona: Shallow Colour PAINTING UNDER THE FLAMES Tales of Hyrule RWBY-AU Those Among Us Starfall Together We Fall fate/breaking chains misfts! Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence STARSTRUKK ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Stroke of Luck Valar Dohaeris Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute Sidereal Gardens The Gaea Chronicles AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Kids in America Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK