Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Meeting up (Bu x Jiao Meili)
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 08:19 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

Aideen

The air current gathered and parted, swayed and broken by powerful slashes and stabbing movements from a halberd wielded with precision and grace. The small girl wielding it then quickly spun backwards, turned her body and the weapon around, and cut the air again. It was early, first thing in the morning on the Eve of the Lunar New Year and while that evening she would be seeing fireworks (though she didn't know it yet) for now she had woken up even before the dawn train with her weapon out in the field behind the school's main building.

She had on fairly loose clothing and was training hard. Her eyes seemed focused but her clothing made it seem like she hadn't done laundry in years. It wasn't so much that she chose to wear sweat pants and a hoodie in combat, but more so that due to Edo's seaside location and cold morning air she chose the outfit to keep herself warm at first. Later on she would probably lose it for the t-shirt and shorts underneath after the sun had risen, but for now, sweats.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 09:50 PM

Elite Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Very few people would consider Bu to be the sort of person to be up before dawn, or even noon. She tended to appear as a night owl, and she certainly dragged her feet often enough when it came to getting to class every morning. However, that was class and class was boring and a pain. Bu had, in a previous life, spent a lot of time getting up early and working all day. Even when she joined the gang, there were a fair number of early mornings for special tours across the country. Now she had a new space and new responsibilities and her new job required her to be punctual.

That said, it was full of slobs and slackers so work wasn't until the afternoon most days. But Bu had to get into character. It had been a lot easier when she was younger. ALl she had to do was put the right costume on and she fell right into it. But that was the same character day in and day out. This was just two or three times a week, and she hadn't been expecting to work over the holiday in the first place. But with the guys getting some time off, they were putting in extra hours and that meant she was obligated to do the same.

So here she was, out in the cool morning air. She had her hair tied up but unlike the girl she would soon encounter, Bu wore her thin shorts and a tight tank top. She planned to get her heat by moving and exercising. There was a practical side too, if she were to do a few scion exercises, she didn't want to have to deal with sand and stones all caught up under her clothes again. It was never fun. Along with banishing the general anger and boisterousness that got in the way of being the character, Bu also wanted to prepare for the next time she had a training session with either of the girls she'd taken under her wing. Teaching was really hard.

As she turned the corner on her way to the practice fields, Bu saw Jiao Meili. She'd heard about the new foreign kids but she hadn't met them yet. She hadn't really been interested. But seeing one practicing diligently was a mild surprise. She seemed pretty focused too. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have a chat. Bu walked forward and waved. "Hey, morning to you."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 04:48 PM

Administrator

Jiao pulled the spear back and then with a mighty rorat unleashed a flurry of stabs into the morning air. Unlike her previous techniques that looked beautiful but deadly, this was a technique meant for violently bringing a battle to a close. Seven stabs in total all over what would have been an opponent's body. In the end her mighty halberd was level with the ground and her body extended forward. It was clear the final stab would be the most lethal. Huffing a bit and trying to breath in she heard a voice.
"Hey, morning to you." the voice said.

Breathing hard the girl look over to see a Japanese person talking to her. It was clearly a student at the bugei. Pulling her weapon back and standing at a normal position Jiao looked at Bu.
"Hello. It is a pleasure to meet you." she said in rough Japanese. She looked at Bu, sizing her up as her head tilted a bit. She knew her fighters, and she knew combat. Bu didn't look like a normal student. Her body looked more in shape than others she had seen. When Jiao realized she was staring she stopped gawking and returned to a normal pose again.

"My name is Jiao Meili. May I know yours?" she asked, again in broken Japanese. This girl in front of her was clearly capable of combat, that much was obvious. Perhaps she had a famous last name Jiao would recognize, such as the Sanada or Honda.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 08:02 PM

Elite Member

Oh, she was a loud one, still, Bu knew what it was like to have that buildup of energy, that throbbing excitement that just couldn't be contained. She just tended to have that on her bike where whooping and hollering tended to be drowned out by the roar of ignitions and the screaming wind. It was kind of neat to see one of the foreigners in a more natural state too, it made Bu smile.

"Good to meet you too." Bu said "Ah'm Rakuyama Buru. You can just call me Bu though." The girl had trouble with her Japanese, which was to be expected. Honestly, it was impressive that she was as coherent as she was. Though, maybe it might be better if Bu spoke more clearly, got rid of her accent. So she put on one of her old idol voices. "I am quite sorry. I should be more mindful when I speak." It was her formal voice, a bit slower, more polite, and nearly all traces of her accent disappeared. Hopefully it would help.

"You speak well but I must say, your skill with that weapon is most impressive." Bu wouldn't mind giving her a good round or two in the training ring sometimes. Maybe she'd be able to make it hurt again. But just coming out and challenging somebody to a fight was great for other students or people on the street, but she'd probably get in trouble if she tried it with a foreign student."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 03:12 PM

Administrator

The girl's accent changed as she spoke in simple, clear Japanese and with no accent. The change made Jiao's face twist in pain. The Chinese girl looked disgusted somehow. Even as Bu complimented her Jaio still looked unhappy somehow.
"Thanks, but i prefer your real voice. I'm not into that fake stuff." she said bluntly. The last few words would be hard to understand but after thinking about the words a few time Bu would understand what the girl meant. Even though her Japanese was heavily accented when it came to words she wasn't sure about. Stabbing the head of her weapon into the ground she then did a series of quick punches, kicks, and elbow jabs into the air before then picking her weapon back up, twirling it, and assuming a defensive stance before returning to a normal stance.

"Do you have weapons? You look like you train too." Jiao said simply. The two of them had a clear atmosphere between them. Not any type of flirting or such, but instead an air of combat. Two souls that somehow seemed similar. Even though Bu had tried being extremely polite it was clear that Jiao wasn't interested in polite formalities or playing nice.
"I bet you've gotten into a few fights." she said with a large smile. Even in the cold morning air her soul felt fired up. Not only from the training she was doing but also because something about Bu seemed interesting. Bu's name didn't seem to be part of any famous clan or powerful family Jiao had ever heard of. Though that hardly mattered right now.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 03:52 PM

Elite Member

Bu held up her hands in a what can you do gesture, she'd tried. "Eh, if that's the way you want it, Ah'm easy." One side of her mouth curled up into a smile. "Fake stuff was my job for awhile, some people prefer girls without an accent, doncha know." Bu's eyes followed the quick moves of the other girl's hands and feet. It really was fast, Bu wasn't exactly oppressed, she'd seen lots of kids at the school doing martial arts, but this was obvious skill. There were a lot fewer kids she'd seen who could do both.

As for weapons, she had to think about it for a moment. "Yeeess." she said, drawing the word out slowly. They weren't weapons by the standards of a lot of the kids here or soldiers or whatever, but somebody like the cops or security or the teachers might have a different opinion, she certainly did. Her bike chain had been left back in her dorm, she'd only come out to stretch and break a sweat, she wasn't really expecting a drag out fight on the freeway. She'd pack it up when she went to work later.

"Ah've been in a lot of fights, not bragging or anything, doncha know. Just the kind of thing that happens sometimes. Especially lately." She reached her hand down the collar of her shirt and produced a razor blade from her bra. "Ain't as fancy as that," she pointed it at the spear, "but fancy isn't my style."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 06:56 PM

Administrator

As the girl pulled out a razor blade from her bra the Chinese girl gave a huge smile. Keeping the spear in the ground Jiao did a series of martial arts kicks in the air and a few punches before smiling. In the sky above them a few birds fleat overhead. Their chirping in the near by trees signaling the start of the new day in a peaceful way.
"Hidden weapons aren't my expertise, but I know a few people that are into them. I prefer being clear about my strength." she said with her arms crossed in a clearly gloating position. To say she was proud of her own strength was clearly an understatement.
"I bet you are pretty tough too."

Stretching a bit Jiao looked Bu up and down some more before looking up at the dawning sky.
"So have you beat up a lot of people? Have you taken down a lot of scions?" she asked with a cocky grin. After all as a front line fighter Jiao was used to fighting other scions. Even non-scions for that matter, not that she bothered to gloat over something like that. Thought it also raised the question of just how many people Bu had fought in general.
"Have you had to kill a lot of people?" she asked point blank. It was a rough subject to bring up first thing in the morning, yet here it was. After all this was how Jiao had personal conversations.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 07:33 PM

Elite Member

Bu rolled her eyes. "Does this look hidden to you?" She held the blade between her fingers, the sharp edge jutting out from her fingers. "Ah just don't like going around without something to defend myself, doncha know." She reached back behind her head and tucked it into her tied hair. "Some places give you funny looks if you go around with a big thing like that."

She began to stretch out her legs and arms while speaking to the Chinese girl. The girl was pretty proud and blunt about her own strength. Bu had exalt with braggarts before, but while most of them were just waiting to be dropped down a peg, Jiao obviously had been sent as a battle representative from China. So there was something back there to back up her boasts.

"Ah've fought my share." A question this blunt felt like a trap, but if it wasn't then Bu kind of liked it. It felt like being back at a meet when it was just two gangs in a neutral area. It was a time to gauge strengths but without actually stepping into the parking lot for a scrap. "Ah've never killed anyone worth bragging about. And even if I wanted to, nobody you'd ever heard of." There was only one kill she really thought about, that first kill. But there was nothing noble about it, nothing that needed sharing. Just a man who deserved to be forgotten.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 10:59 AM

Administrator

Jiao's face had a wide smile on it over Bu's answers. Bu had no intention of holding things back anymore and seemed as natural talking about fighting as Jiao.
"Everyone around here seems uptight. I like you." she said with confident decree.
"I know after that war lately people don't seem to want to talk about fighting, but I bet they have so many stories. I haven't fought an entire army before. Mostly just small rebellions." she said with a decided pout to her expression. Doing a series of kicks into the air she slammed her first into the palm of her hand just thinking about it.
"Fight is just a nice rush ya know? you put everything you have. Heart, soul, training, life! So is the person you are fighting. It is pure." she then took a deep breath and stopped. She was clearly getting ahead of herself, after all she had just met this person.

"Its nice. You aren't hiding things now." Jiao seemed friendly enough towards Bu as she walked over to stand directly in front of her.
"So how long have you been at this school? Does it really have as many strong fighters as I've heard? Like the Sanada, Honda, and Maeda?" though as she said the words the family names felt slightly off. Jiao was clearly saying them with a Chinese accent. Since she wasn't a native Japanese it would likely take Bu a minute to figure out what names she was actually referring to. From talking it was clear that while Jiao knew a lot of Japanese words, her pronunciation was clearly lacking compared to some of the other Chinese students that had come with her.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 11:57 AM

Elite Member

Uptight was a good word for most of the other students, they could be a lot of the time, and the students who were most likely to go out of their way to buddy up to the foreigners were probably the ones most likely to be in clans trying to make a good impression. Nothing like clan kids for overly rigid social dealings. "Probably not many stories, more like one story that goes for a few hours." Bu replied. "Mine can be summed up as fought some ninja, saved some people, didn't save others, got lit on fire, and had a katana rammed through my chest." She said with not a small amount of pride.

"Ah can't speak for what you've done but our stuff was hardly a war and definitely not just one person fighting it. War's bigger than what we got. Your China is bigger than us so Ah bet your revolutions are about as big as this thing was. Just a bunch of shit rebels getting high on themselves and trying to wave their dick around." She shrugged and kept stretching. "Ah mean, think about it. They fucked up one city, and now they're basically reduced to nothing, Blew their load all in one go and premature to boot." She laughed.

Bu had to think a bit, time ha gone really quickly and a lot of stuff happened. "Been here about a year, Ah think." As for the big names, she knew a few of them, fought them, sparred, taken classes with, but she wasn't really friends. "School's got strong fighters, don't know all of the clan kids, teamed up with a few in the battle, done a mission or two with a Honda, but Ah wouldn't get my hopes up for the big names. They all can fight but by and large they're here for poetry or tea or whatever their interest is. They got to the school because they're big names and clan kids. You want a real fight, you gotta check out the scholarship kids. There's one kid, basically like some weird monk from up north or something. He gives you a little hit," she flicked her fingers towards Jiao, "and your whole arm just goes numb. Boy's not even a scion or whatever it was you guys called it. Gave me a real run for my money when Ah first fought him. "

Bu stood up straight and put her hand on Jiao's shoulder. "Ah gotta say, it's nice to meet somebody who gets it. Fighting is the best way to understand another person." She licked her lips. Maybe this wasn't right according to the school, but Bu wanted what she wanted. Bu met Jiao's eyes directly and said "So, Miss Meili, would you give me the honor of a little fight. Just the two of us, nobody else needs to know."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 09:47 AM

Administrator

"Mine can be summed up as fought some ninja, saved some people, didn't save others, got lit on fire, and had a katana rammed through my chest." at the words Jiao's eyes went wide. She was both surprised and jealous. It seemed Bu really was a strong fighter and survivor, not just someone posing as one. Bu then told Jiao that her idea of how to find strong fighters had been wrong. The school's clan children didn't actually make up the strongest fighters at the Bugei. Jiao's eyes stayed wide this time in shock. She had figured that the clan leader's kids would be the strong, but apparently the Bugei was cultivating rare talents that weren't even part of a clan. This was information her entire group would want to know.
"I can't wait to meet them!" she declared.

Bu stood up straight and put her hand on Jiao's shoulder. "Ah gotta say, it's nice to meet somebody who gets it. Fighting is the best way to understand another person." She licked her lips. Maybe this wasn't right according to the school, but Bu wanted what she wanted. Bu met Jiao's eyes directly and said "So, Miss Meili, would you give me the honor of a little fight. Just the two of us, nobody else needs to know." Jiao looked extremely excited as she politely took Bu's hand off of her shoulder. Walking away she stripped her large sweat shirt off, keep the leg coverings on. She had a bright, single color red shirt on. Getting some distance between her and Bu she smiled and pointed to her halberd.

"What kind of fight are we talking about? Would you like me to use my powers? Would you like to use weapons, or is this simply a martial arts fight with feet and fists?" either way her eyes looked focused and her smile wide as she started doing some stretches.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 12:48 PM

Elite Member

Bu watched Jiao take her sweatshirt off and gave her body a good look. She was muscular, as expected, definitely well toned. The body of a dedicated fighter. "Well, Ah think that if Ah want to get to know you, it's best to get to know you with your artifact. Your artifact is like your style, influenced by others but still you. So go ahead and whip it around if you want." She took a few steps back.

"Course, the real trick is figuring out how we know who wins. Can't rightly fight to the death, doncha know. Probably get in trouble with the political types. Could be call for mercy and tap out but you seem the sort who might not give up." She looked around, there wasn't exactly a sparring circle set up out here. "Could do first blood maybe. If you think that wouldn't get us into too much trouble when somebody spots it."

Bu tapped her chin and tried to think. "When Ah train some others, we do a couple point based things but that's easier with paint and markers and stuff." When it all came down to it, they probably would have to go with first blood in the end. That was the simplest way to do it. "Course Ah don't know how you do it over in China."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 06:51 PM

Administrator

Jiao wanted to user her relic. She wanted to grab the glaive and go right for Bu's throat. However, the words of her Head Teacher popped into her head. As she looked happy and excited she suddenly frowned a bit and gave a polite bow.
"I'm sorry. I'm not allowed to use my relic. It is a rule by the Head Teacher." she said disappointed. After all no one in the Chinese delegation was dumb enough to go against one of the most powerful inheritors in all of China. Though she quickly assumed a fighting stance and smiled wickedly.

"How about a fist fight?" she offered. After all she couldn't user her relic due to rules that had been laid out on the way to Edo but still wanted to fight. Her back leg curve as her forward leg stretched out and she extended her arms. Her palms faced outward and she was ready to fight the moment Bu gave the word. Given how Bu acted it was likely that she wouldn't be against the sudden change. At least that is how Jiao's mind placed things.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Aideen
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 07:22 PM

Elite Member

Bu could feel the energy rising between them as the moment came ever closer. But then Jiao's face changed, and not for the better. "Seriously? What a buzzkill." She shook her head as well. Still, there were other options. It'd hardly be a fair fight, not that Bu really cared for fair fights most of the time but she did kind of want to do it right with this girl.

Bu looked off to one side and tried to think about how this could work. She hadn't really brought her stuff and she wasn't willing to just leave her comb out on the ground where anything could happen to it. Maybe it would have to be like with the feral kid that one time. If she used her powers, she lost. Maybe not to Jiao but in her own head. That would have to do. The tension was building up again as she looked back at the Chinese girl. Bu could feel that little itch on her palms and on her body.

"Right." Bu licked her lips. "Down and dirty will do me fine." Bu wanted to see how the girl moved, how hard she hit. So Bu didn't adopt a fighting stance, she just stood there, hands on her hips. "Go." Bu had fought lots of people, seen a lot of different strategies. She was pretty sure that she knew her own weaknesses. Strangling was a big one, at least, it used to be. Being thrown was another one when she wasn't abusing her relics power. But it was rare anyone went for grabs right away. A kick, a punch, that's what Bu wanted a taste of.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 1 2018, 06:20 PM

Administrator

As Bu seemed to agree and assume her own defensive stance Jiao smiled. Bu was clearly tough, and brave to agree to a street fight. However among the Chinese delegation Jiao was the most lethal fighter. To say she was the most skilled would be a lie, but she was certainly the most deadly of the group. After all, even though she had been trained in a series of martial arts she was still a tough fighter.

With Bu now fully ready Jiao crouched down before charging forward. One arm was back like she was about to throw a fist and the other arm was forward to guard. However, as she got within striking range of Bu she didn't throw a punch at all. With a scream she suddenly rotated her body and jumped, throwing her momentum behind a strong kick of her left leg directly towards the side of Bu's head. It was a strong, aggressive, fast kick clearly meant to knock Bu out in one blow. Bu would even be able to feel the air being swept aside by the kick.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Closed
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY