Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Late Mornings in Edo Bugei (Yiting, Kayoko, Youri)
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 5 2018, 09:18 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

It was late morning as Yiting stretched and walked through Edo Bugei's campus. She had just got done seeing her lord Zihao off as he decided to travel alone to Western Edo in order to check out various shrines and such not long ago. Now Yiting herself had planned on traveling to Central Edo later on a personal mission. After all she had heard a beautiful war memorial had been made and she wished to honor Edo's fallen warriors from one strong fighter to another.

As she began walking around campus she observed the various students. So many faces, clothing, and attitudes that seemed unfamiliar to her. One had to wonder what was in each person's thoughts as they moved across the campus. One person walking towards the library, two people leaving the school gate, because who knows what their location happened to be? Even more people just walking around and exercising in the morning hours. The school reminded her a lot of back home in Beijing in terms of the student's activity. However, their motivations may have been completely different. Gazing at them all and taking that thought to heart, she smiled a bit. She wanted to know these people, not just in order to make new allies, but also to stop them from when her lord inevitably offended them all and tried to pick a fight.

LDYWHTE

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 7 2018, 03:06 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

"Hey, hey Youri, look! That's another Chinese student!" Kayoko whispered to her brother with an excited tone and tugged his arm hard enough to let him groan in sore.
For her these new Students are something new to admire as well with her innocent and curious eyes. Everyone of them are potential friends for the young girl, but it isn't for Youri... not yet at least.

He stopped to walk with her and looked at Yiting with a sharp glance, intensified by the suggestive heterochromia, which met hers eventually; a scorning grimace or a tossed challenge? He's never clear and direct with his body language as his sister.

"I see." He replied with a scoff before he broke off the glance at the foreign girl first. Kayoko took the chance to wave widely at the newcomer with a beaming smile, hoping for a positive reaction instead.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 8 2018, 07:47 PM

Administrator

Yiting was walking around Edo Bugei's campus when she heard talking. She didn't understand some of what was said but she understood one word very clearly. It was the word "Chinese". A word used for people from her native land. Hearing the word she turned to see two twins looking at her. A boy and girl by the looks of them, possibly two girls? It was a bit hard to tell unfortunately. Though one of them simply kept staring at her as she looked back. They made eye contact before the stranger suddenly broke it while their apparent twin waved at her. Over all it was a fairly confusing situation.

Though that being said Yiting was a guest in these lands, and it was possible she had done something without realizing it. Slowly walking over to the two the Chinese girl couldn't help but look confused. Deciding to speak to the girl that had waved her over she politely said.
"Um, hello. I am Yiting, a student from China." after all, when unsure of what ever else to say, at least an introduction was neutral and never a bad way to start.

LDYWHTE

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 12 2018, 07:57 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"Greetings!" She beamed at her, glad that she had catched her attention positively. "And welcome in the Bugei Academy with the rest of the Chinese Students, miss Yiting!"

At this show of immediate symphathy, Youri tried to give a little containment with a bump over Kayoko's side with his elbow. Perhaps it was better to go slow with them, he needed to learn more about them. Their first impression in the elegant restaurant was quite disappointing for him.

As she catched the hint to hush, she tensed a moment and remained to smile at her in reaction.

"Hn, hi there, Yiting." He hummed as he returned to square her with a little frown.
"I bet it was a long travel with those curious red boats you have... I hope the trip went good without any problem." He spoke, trying to hide his temporary rudeness with a facade of a mild interest

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 13 2018, 07:15 PM

Administrator

As Yiting began to speak with the two students she had come across, they seemed odd as they appeared to have a lot of non-verbal conversation with one another. However, they also certainly seemed nice. One of them formally welcomed her to the academy while the other seemed to be curious about the large boat she had come here on. Deciding she had time to strike up a conversation with them both she chose to address the boat first.
"Yes, the boat was given to us by his majesty, the Emperor of China. He said we needed a strong boat for a long, safe journey from China to Edo. So he gave us one of the best botes he could." she said proudly. It was clear that she deeply respected her home, and her Emperor.

She then figured it polite to address the general welcome she had received. With a polite bow she stated
"Thank you for the welcome. All of us think Edo is beautiful." she said in the best Japanese she could manage. Fortunately, she didn't have to try and lie. Since arriving the Chinese students really had found Edo Beautiful. After all, even though China was vast it was still China, and the group had rarely left their own country. For many of them it was their first time overseas, and thus they felt extremely excited. She then realized that in spite of knowing her name, she didn't know the names of the two people in front of her. She didn't want to demand it, so instead she simply asked politely.
"May I know your names?"

In truth she wanted to ask their genders and ages as well, however both things would be rude. From their looks they didn't appear to be that old, and she doubted that they would be third or fourth year students. Still, rank was hardly something you just went about asking in a place like this without even knowing someone's name first.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 18 2018, 04:30 PM

Bugei Adventurer

'his majesty, the Emperor of China' he repeated in his mind with a scoff. Anything related to Empires, their Emperors and such always get on nerves Youri, but he tried to appear formal and welcoming in front of her also to respect his sister's efforts.

"My name is Youri." He presented himself with a brief bow of his bust before he slipped his hands in his pockets in a nonchalant way. Kayoko did the same, but the bow lasted longer and was more graceful than the brother's one.

"And my name is Kayoko, we're twins!" She pointed out with a soft nugde on the brother's shoulder, who replied with a huff --- a hidden chuckle.

"We're glad that you're all loving already your permanence at Edo, I am sure you'll love the rest of Japan as well!" Kayoko continued with her positive attitude in front of the Chinese Student, using a simple and clear japanese to don't let her feel too uncomfortable with their language.

Eventually the initial grump attitude of the boy finally softened some, visible on his more relaxed pose and expression while squaring the foreign girl a second time.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 20 2018, 07:11 PM

Administrator

"Youri, and Kayoko." she said slowly as she pointed at each of them. From the introductions it was clear that one of them was a very mischievous person while the other was very cheerful. It was obvious right away that the two had been born as twins, and it was hard to tell the two of them apart, even close up.
"Again, my name is Yiting. I am from China. I am a..." she tried to remember the word the Japanese used for inheritors. She knew the word and it's meaning was different than in her own country.
"I am a Scion." she said, a bit proud she remembered and nodded. She looked serious and strong but the woman still had her proud movements. After all she had never even used the word before coming here.

"Are either of you Scions?" she asked them. It was hard to tell who did and didn't have an artifact after all. Everyone, as well as what powers they had, where so different from one another. Either of them could have been, or maybe neither one.
"I apologize if that is rude to ask." she said and gave a polite bow. In China it was fairly well known who was and wasn't an inheritor. After all it was a big deal to get chosen by a powerful artifact. however she heard in Japan people didn't talk about it as often, sometimes even not all. Thus she didn't wish to be rude.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 24 2018, 09:01 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Youri simply pointed a thumb at Kayoko, who was there with her jaw half open in front of Yiting at that revelation.

"Amazing!" She squeaked happily. That brought in her mind many more questions than she could make to them, but she decided to keep those to herself until a proper time would come to be shared.

"And yeah, I am a Scion too. My brother Youri is a normal Student in the Academy, but he knows how to fight!"

In response for being called, he nodded at them and took out from his pockets a pair of brass knuckles. They looked quite worn out, a bit dented and scratched, but still shining like they were new.

"Mainly for self-defence and training with martial arts." He commented as he shrugged with nonchalance in the end.

Once he was sure that she had seen them enough, he put them back in his pockets.

Kayoko then continued the conversation, interested to know a bit more of the Chinese Scion. "If I can ask, what's your weapon? Mine are a pair of War Fans." And she patted those hanging on her sides.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 26 2018, 12:36 PM

Administrator

As Yiting gazed at the twins they revealed that only one of them was a Scion. Something that took her by surprised. She had figured both would be, or neither. However, only one of them being a Scion made her wonder if they argued over it. She wasn't about to ask as it may be a personal question. However, the two didn't seem to dislike each other over it. As one of them pulled out knuckles and seemed to be proud of not having a relic.
"If I can ask, what's your weapon? Mine are a pair of War Fans." Kayoko asked.

"Hmmmmm" Yiting thought if she would answer. Their teacher had told them not to reveal to much about their powers to the Japanese students in case they ever went to war. However, it wasn't as though her weapon was some massive giveaway of her powers.
"I use large sword." she said politely. She then slowly moved her arms and took a defensive stance for few seconds before returning to normal.
"I am also well skilled in hand to hand combat." and with that she put her hands together and gave a deep Chinese bow.
"I like your names, by the way. They are very beautiful." she said with a large grin as she went over their names in her head.
"Do you two fight often? Is that how you ended up at this school?"

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 28 2018, 04:59 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Youri gave her another suspicious glance at the sudden change of attitude from the Chinese girl, even if that was for a brief moment. Only after she returned all formal and respectful he returned calm as well, even smiling at her compliment on his name.

"Thanks, Yiting, yours sounds cute as well." He tried to compliment back , adding a nod in the end.

Both remained quiet a moment at the curious question, they just trained with just "dummies" and other lifeless objects, for now, no actual fighting.

"We came here to improve our skills in general, not to actual fight. However share the same ardent passion to protect our land after all the problems which devastated the land in the past years." Kayoko explained with a rather serious frown.

"We will fight when it'll be required, for now we'll simply learn and train." Youri continued and ended, letting her answer.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 30 2018, 03:43 PM

Administrator

Yiting smiled. Both kids seemed younger than herself, yet both seemed so innocent and determined. Truly it warmed her heart and she wanted to hug them both, but she didn't.
"I am happy to hear that. In this world, many people just want to fight, and become powerful. I am happy that you both just want to help others." she felt like a kind grandmother or mother in the way she spoke with them, and she looked at them as though they where both precious children. Perhaps she was the older sister type? As she smiled at the twins a group of students walked by talking about how good breakfast was and how hungry they had been upon waking up.

As she thought about it, Yiting realized she was still a bit hungry herself and looked at the twins.
"Have either of you had breakfast? I have a bit of time before I leave to tour Edo. Would you like to get breakfast together?" she asked with a large smile. She had already used he school's cafeteria in the student dorms, but she was curious about what kind of foods native Japanese people would decide to purchase. Did the twins like Japanese food, or Western style food? Hopefully she would find out soon.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 31 2018, 05:28 AM

Bugei Adventurer

At her first sentence, both agreed with her and nodded almost at the same time. It was nice to hear that the three shared a same belief in the topic of power and selfish attitudes, neither of them seemed selfish at least.

Kayoko and Youri looked at each other a moment after she offered to have breakfast altogether, almost as they were asking each other silently for a permission. Both in the end shrugged and agreed with no problem.

"Yeah, why not, I was actually a bit hungry right now." Youri said as he scratched his own belly. "I woke up late honestly, if it wasn't for my sister I'd have remained in my room with my pajama." He lastly commented with a little chuckle.
Just a usual sleepyhead.

"I have some yen left for breakfast, we could all take a good cup of Bancha and a Matcha cupcake!" Kay offered all cheerful, but Youri slowed down her excitement with a straight negation.

"Nah, I'm fine with a black tea and a pancake." Then he eyed the Chinese girl, wondering where they should go to take the said breakfast. "You'd like to go outside the Academy to have breakfast, so when we're done you can travel around Edo as you please, or you prefer to eat here and later go?"

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 08:34 PM

Administrator

As the three seemed to be getting along, and agreed to have breakfast, the question of what exactly breakfast meant seemed to create an issue. One of the twins seemed interested in a tea related breakfast, while the other seemed to want something decidedly English. As far as yiting knew the school dorm's common area had both Eastern and Western style food so it shouldn't be a large issue, however the question was then raised of if they even wanted to eat at the dorms at all.

Thinking carefully Yiting thought about her plans later to visit the war memorial outside Edo Castle.
"Eating here at the dorms common area is quite alright. I need to go soon to see a part of Edo. I promised my family I would visit, it is very personal." she said politely. She didn't want to raise the option of the twins coming with her. She wanted to make it clear that the visit was something she had to do alone. After all she had promised her cousin she would. It was then that she remembered the twin's issues on breakfast, and how that hadn't helped her own.

Turning to Kayoko, Yiting smiled.
"A tea based Eastern breakfast sounds very good." she said cheerfully as the group started walking to the dorms to get breakfast in the cafeteria.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 09:34 AM

Bugei Adventurer

The Twins nodded in understanding at her, politely respecting her privacy on the matter. They were quite reserved as well, so they felt already quite emphatic with the foreign girl.

Kayoko was the first to keep the chatter pleasant between them and patted friendly the shoulder of Yiting to sign that they'll be moving now.

"Then let's have a good pancake and a black tea each now! You'll be there in time where we'll go!" The japanese girl cheered as she walked alongside her, followed behind with Youri keeping his hands in his pockets and following the two with a calm pace.
This scene that Kay had made was delightful, and he was sure that their new acquaintance would appreciate as well.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 06:34 PM

Administrator

"Then let's have a good pancake and a black tea each now! You'll be there in time where we'll go!" Yiting blinked a bit as the twins cheered and started walking off. Was her Japanese wrong? She meant she wanted an Asian style breakfast. However, pancakes and tea did certainly sound good. Shrugging it off the twins and their Chinese aquantance walked into the central area of the dorms. The group entered the food court, currently serving breakfast, and Yiting went up to the counter.

"Pardon me, three order of pancakes, and three black tea." she said in her best Japanese. She didn't want the twins to order for her, she wanted to practice and order food for them instead. Looking at the twins she prayed her Japanese was good enough. She was still nervous but they all needed food.

The girl at the counter smiled and gave her the cost, something Yiting easily paid for as she smiled and swiped the Chinese credit card.
"Alright Ms. Yiting, please sit down and wait a few minutes." she said as she looked at the twins and waved.
"Oh, it is the cute Sotan siblings. I hope you are both having a good day so far." the girl was a senior at the academy, and her actual job to earn money was working in the school dorm's cafeteria. Smiling at the twins, Yiting did have to admit they they both did look very cute.
"We should sit down and wait for our meals." Yiting suggested.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY