Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Important Missives, [closed]
Alida
 Posted: May 26 2018, 12:28 AM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Awards: None

The sun slowly moved past its zenith and started making headway into the afternoon. A curtain hung drifting in and out of an open window in one of the third floor offices to help cool the room. Inside was a modern furnishing office with a padded desk chair, two desks, rows of filing drawers along the wall. The two large differences between the desks was that one had a spring themed ikebana arrangement brightening up the room while the other had a mound of paperwork hiding a desk phone underneath it. Two piles of papers sat of similar height with a filing tray of letters. Binders stacked by month and divided by day within them had their spines facing the lone office worker staring at two papers before one; one formally written and the other a drafted script sheet.

"Does it work like this?"

Suishoku rubbed the metal extender part of her pen into her forehead while trying to decipher the penmanship of a student in a stack of reports. She sat working in just her blouse and skirt while the jacket of her Elite uniform rested folded up on one of the cabinets. Among teacher assignments sent to her were also mission reviews written by students. Judging from this paper, this person wasn't exactly through nor even descriptive of the events that happened. These were the tells of ones who value strategy or have taken the time to scout out their surroundings a little. No matter how ill the page looked of making sense, she still took the time to record what key things did take place. What helped in this handicap was the reports from the ninjas that keep tabs on students. She would know after getting a few letters or so before about her mission performances. It's thanks to these more official reports would she be able to perform this part in a system of checks in the validity of students. To think that this is how the paperwork was really handled behind the scenes.

"So...proof that light smuggling was found. Combative action taken. Officials arrived shortly after."

The summary picked apart from imaginary bullet points. Having coming to that conclusion, Suishoku wrote down her thoughts toward the student in how to improve his mission debrief reports. Unknown to her if the person has suffered any injuries from the skirmish or if the person was lazy, she wrote down a suggestion of keeping the notes given to accurate moments. A report has more value in the details it provides than the length of personal achievements. "Hopefully they'll learn to put a bit more effort when striving for minimalist entries."

The pen clicked shut as she wrote her response to be delivered later in a pile next to the Bugei school seal stamp. A stack of letters that had to be signed, sealed, and delivered to each one. This part was thankfully taken care off with staffed teachers who mix it in the students mail. After finishing her last of twelve letters that needed delivery, Suishoku sighed in her desk chair and opened the side drawers to take out another letter. Her mouth twisted to a frown that her current work pile has been dragging its delivery longer than needed. "I should resort to calling him,"she groaned when thinking on the last few times it got failed to deliver. One of which was forgetting the damn thing in the office after closing up and the office key was back in her dorm.

With the deadline drawing nearer, she had to settle for a some inelegant options. Taking her phone from her skirt pocket, she set it out on the desk and dialed out in speaker so she won't lose pacing with her own paperwork. If the desk work wasn't done then it'll grow twice as high the next time around.

The dial tone rolled for a few turns before she could hear a familiar voice on the other end. She smiled weakly at this bad attempt and tried to act cheerful under the circumstances.

"Hi! Am I catching you at a bad training time?" She laughed a bit as training may as well could have been grinding exp in a game. "I'm a bit tied up at the office to do lunch since leaving this morning's lectures. If you aren't doing anything, think stopping by here wouldn't be too much trouble? I'd like your thoughts on a few things."

Nobuyumi

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: May 27 2018, 04:22 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

To say the future lord of Omi was relaxed would have been an understatement. Laying on his bed with his eyes closed, somewhere between awake and dreaming he had just gotten done with an extremely difficult mission in his favorite robot piloting game Mecah Vice. It was a wave of thirty enemies, all of which seemed to not only work well together, but even buff one another simply by being present for the mission. In light of the massive wave it felt impossible that just three people could defeat them, yet here he was, one of the three who had won against the enemy swarm!

Not only had the battle taken it's toll on Nobu himself, but also on his poor portable gaming system. By the time the battle was over the battery was almost completely dead, and it became a panicked race between not only the enemy machines, but against the life of his own machine as well. Thus he was now relaxing, and regaining his strength after what felt like an eight hour confrontation. Though really it was probably only half an hour tops.

Taking in the almost strange lack of high speed combat and explosions everywhere he heard a familiar sound. As he slowly opened his eyes he realized his phone was ringing. Not only that but it was Suishoku's ringtone. Blinking a bit he put the phone to his ear only to get another loud ring directly in his ear. Suddenly sitting up straight it was clear the boy had become too relaxed as he quickly accept the call before returning the phone next to his face.
"Hello?" he asked, making sure it was her.
"Hi! Am I catching you at a bad training time?" if it had been his parents he would have lived and said yes, but it was Sui. She knew very well what the young Lord had been up to. After all he had been talking about the fight for at least the past three days.
"No, I'm fine. I j-" and with that he accidently let out a small yawn, betraying his plan!
"-I was just resting. I finally beat that raid fight." he said, sleepily yet clearly proud of himself, as with all things the young Prince did.
"I'm a bit tied up at the office to do lunch since leaving this morning's lectures. If you aren't doing anything, think stopping by here wouldn't be too much trouble? I'd like your thoughts on a few things." at the request he blinked a bit and looked down at himself. He was clearly still in pajamas he had put on after his morning classes and needed to change back into his proper clothes.

"Yes, of course. Give me a few minutes and I'll be over." he didn't want to directly tell her, over the phone, in voice chat, he needed to plug in his gaming system and change clothes, but Suishoku was a smart girl, she probably already figured that anyway before she called and asked.
"Do you need me to bring anything?" he asked sweetly.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: May 27 2018, 06:12 PM

Platinum Poster

That sleepy voice of his made her giggle. The Prince of Azai, soon lord of Omi, strictly back to sleep four hours after waking. Some things never change. “Seriously?! Wow! Congrats!” Suishoku did a double take to her phone when setting aside a more accurate entry that required little advice on her part. She’s heard of the raid tier missions in Mecha Vice, high ranked missions for money and rare parts to salvage, and that Nobu planned to do one. The leader boards were looking pretty barebones in game last she recalled. “I hope you got something good!”

But that was a given. Of course she would congratulate his accomplishments and somewhat wished she’d be playing too than paperwork for the school. It was unlike usual homework with its sample if what adult life is like after school finishes. The sounds of paper moving and the closing of a binder could be heard as she filed away another well written report. General gang issues seem to be a downturn this month.

"Yes, of course. Give me a few minutes and I'll be over. Do you need me to bring anything?“

“Hmm, not so much need but,” She smiled and it was clear in her voice how happy she was to hear that. Suishoku grinned and leaned back in her chair for a moment. A pause was made to think of anything in particular. Food felt a bit far off at this point and her desk space is rather limited. Finding ideas on what to get did her head turn to the open window. It’ll be a heatwave and then rainy season soon with the temperature raising the way it has been these few weeks. “How about we share a drink? Your choice.” The conclusion came with a certain nod Nobu won’t be able to see. Suishoku personally felt like a genius as her eyes returned to her desk with a scheming look. “If I can organize this better, there’d be space for sure,” she thought aloud before raising her voice to address Nobu despite how he may have heard all that anyway.

“If it’s not much trouble. I’ll make it up to you for having to hike all this way. It’s Izuki-senpai’s office incase you’re not familiar,” she explained incase Nobu wasn’t sure where. Not many students visit these given rooms since everyone had better odds memorizing the teacher’s area. “The door’s unlocked so see yourself in. I won’t be going anywhere,” she laughed behind her work pile that’s kept her trapped for the past hour and a half. After saying this there was a click of the call hanging up. Wherever Nobu was on campus, she estimated that the walk alone to the third floor would take ten minutes on top of everything else. Unless he was on the roof then it be a rough thirty minutes. Taking a meditative breath, she nudged the side drawer closed with her foot and poured over her work to secure at leadt a fourth of her desk cleared by the time Nobu would arrive.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 06:40 AM

Administrator

Suishoku was a great girlfriend. She didn't scold Nobuyori for playing Mecha Vice but instead cheered him on and congratulated him on finally beating the enemy wave raid. In his head the young Prince thanked Buddha for her presence.
“I hope you got something good!” the boy smiled, even though he knew she couldn't see him.
"I got some pretty nice internal parts. Accuracy and mobility up." and with that he naturally looked down at what should have been his portable gaming system. Instead he remembered he had pretty much murdered the battery and it was still over on a table charging back up.

With the invitation to bring things open ended Suishoku responded with something Nobu hadn't expected.
“How about we share a drink? Your choice.” knowing her, and how well she knew him, she probably expected him to bring some kind of flavored milk. Not this time though. With the heat rising and the humidity half murdering them Nobuyori instantly decided a very large iced tea would be a better way to go.

"Deal, I'll pick up something good." he responded. In his head he had already settled on iced tea with cucumber. Something refreshing.
“If it’s not much trouble. I’ll make it up to you for having to hike all this way. It’s Izuki-senpai’s office incase you’re not familiar,” he was glad she had said something. Now that he thought about it he really wasn't sure which office Suishoku went to in order to work on things. Though he had heard that Izuki-senpai hadn't been around campus much lately. Some people claimed he was sent on a mission, other say he was sent overseas. Even so his absence lately wasn't a large shock to the student body. After all, the elite students got sent out on long missions all the time.
“The door’s unlocked so see yourself in. I won’t be going anywhere,” with a low hum Nobu replied.
"It will take me a bit to get the drink. I have something special in mind. I will try and hurry though." and with that the call was over. They weren't really at the stage to just end every call with "i love you" or something like that. At least Nobuyori couldn't do that. Though he knew she knew how much he cared about him, and that was what mattered.

Getting up he decided that due to the heat it was best to not go out in something extremely formal. Though since he would still be in the school grounds he couldn't do much about that. With a heavy sigh he put on his uniform and clan jacket. He left his weapons and relic in his dorm, however. After all they would only weigh him down. Checking the temp outside he figured that even now, slightly below the heat of they day, the larger the drink the better. With that in mind he went to the dorm's common lounge area and requested a very large iced green tea with cucumber shavings. The cucumber itself wasn't sweet, but it was sweet enough to help calm down the usually bitter green tea a bit. With his massive drink in hand he set out to find his girlfriend!

It would take him about ten minutes to arrive at what he was told was Izuki Kai's office. Anyone else who was unsure would give a timid knock. Yumiko certainly would have. However, This was the Prince of Omi. With a confident knock he declared himself.
"Azai Nobuyori has arrived!" he said, like a general appearing on the battlefield trying to scare his enemies and also waiting for his girlfriend to actually open the door.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 09:45 AM

Platinum Poster

The field of combative choice was the large mahogany desk of papers and folders. A sandal colored head raised from the mess with an eager wave and much more eager relief to set her forward ink force a rerouting course to detour the enemy papers in a stall for reinforcements to arrive. The large bottle of tea a most welcomed resource. “Enter and welcome. Please take a seat,” she replied as if ready to give him a debrief before letting out a small giggle, breaking the facade.

True to her personal promise, about a fourth of her desk was made cleared. Suishoku got up and motioned to the side desk. It was the same one she was assigned during her detention session but it was more in a welcoming manner so Nobu could sit anywhere he pleased. She then returned to her chair and sat down, patting each stack of papers as if introducing the troops to an assisting commander. “Mostly reports to cross check. Officals, students, my replies, and files,” she briskly touched the stacks with a pen. A sheet from the offical and students was picked up after prematching them earlier to where each stack addrrssed eachother.

“So tea and cucumbers? Excellent picks,” she praised regardless of what he may have picked. “Sorry if the mess gets too distracting.” If Nobu were to look at the papers more closely, he would be able to read a few behavioral items listed. The writing style was more passive but direct, third person in key points where as the paper next to it had a singular experience. For the two sheets she plucked from their individual stacks did she glance at its contents and set it face down for writing later. With Nobu now here would she be able to find her break to give less divided attention.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 09:56 PM

Administrator

As Nobuyori stood at the entrance to the room, a proud samurai general ready to wage war on, well, thirst apparently, Suishoku beckoned to him.
“Enter and welcome. Please take a seat,” she said. It made him think of Takeda Shingen, he quickly gave a Japanese salute. It was obvious that the war council had begun and soon they would be marching towards the field of war!
"YES, CAPTAIN!" he declared proudly as he smiled and laughed a bit. The facade was clearly gone. Looking around his eyes went a bit wide. For just one girl, as remarkable as she was of course, it was clear that Suishoku had been hard at work. Papers everywhere and all kinds of ink made him wonder how it was even possible that she did all of this by herself. As Suishoku explained everything and what all of the paper stacks represented, Nobuyori blinked a bit.
"Wow, you've been extremely busy." he said politely.

As Suishoku looked at the papers she then gazed at the tea in Nobu's hand. Understanding how much of a relief it would probably be he cleared a small stack of papers near her and put the tea down, taking the papers over to the part of the desk that had been cleared for him. With a smile he put the papers down.
"I don't need too that much cleared space. You've been pretty busy here." he said more as an observation than anything else.
"Any way I can help?" he asked politely. After all she was clearly working hard and he figured he could probably do more than just sit around. After all he wasn't sure what papers might be top secret, but the ones that weren't he could probably look over. He managed to get out of doing school work, but this wasn't school work, this was girlfriend work, and that was obviously different.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 05:59 PM

Platinum Poster

“It’s not usually like this but... yeah, it’s a bit like this.” Suishoku chuckled with a shrug at her army work. “But it only just looks bad! It’s reviewing and making sure other students do their part properly.” She carried to explain then let him shuffle some papers around. The space left for him may have been larger than needed and she trusted him with the papers rather than making some showy attempt to express feigned importance.

With the space provided to bebjust between them, she smiled gently at his offer and returned to her seat to read over the sheet once turned face down. “I think I have caught the tail end of the previous month so this binder can return to the shelf,” she explained and handed Nobu a plain black binder filled to an inch thick of papers. Once taken did she motion with her hand to the gaps in the bookshelf along the wall. “The good news that I do have is how Edo has been bothered less. Concerns of gangs and theft has gone down to lower levels since the rebuilding is nearing completion. Domestic problems are here and there and a downturn in reports of students performing services like mail delivery and neighbor watch.”

After explaining this, she slipped the plain white envelope containing the dance’s invitation letter by the bottle of tea facing Nobu’s side of the desk as she settled down to write a brief acceptance letter of another fine report for a third year. Suishoku wanted to experience his full reaction when hising behind a measure of paperwork.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 07:24 PM

Administrator

As his girlfriend spoke Nobuyori made sure to move and adjust papers as needed. He wanted to leave a bit of room for himself, but more importantly he didn't want her to suddenly get buried by a random stack of papers had fallen on her. Looking around and following her eyes to the bookshelves he tried to adjust things as needed. Looking at one particular bookcase he responded.
"I'm glad. I know most of the academy students, and the police, and especially the metsuke, have been working hard. I still can't believe that even the street gangs and Yakuza are helping to rebuild Edo." he said with a decided shrug. It shocked him that criminal elements could even stand working with police long enough to do it.
"Though I guess home is home, even if you are a bad guy." of course the world wasn't as simple as good and bad, but to Nobuyori the law was important. Even the criminals of Edo still needed a place to live though, so it at least sort of made sense they would help rebuild their own neighborhoods.

Looking at the bookcases he would have never seen Suishoku put the letter next to his tea. After checking over some of the books and binders that looked like they would soon fall out if nothing was done, the Prince of Omi returned to the desk. Taking a sip of tea he saw something next to the tea he didn't recognize. Picking it up and examining it, it was a whit envelope with his name on it, and Suishoku's handwriting. Looking over at his girlfriend who seemed to be ignoring him and looking diligently at her paperwork he opened the envelope. The noise would be obvious enough for Suishoku to hear it. Then the Prince went a bit wide eyed. Looking at the letter he looked at Suishoku, then back at the letter, then smiled at Suishoku and politely put the letter down.
"Isn't the gentleman suppose to ask the lady to a Western style ball?" he said, a decided smirk on his face. He was impressed with her forwardness in the situation.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 09:59 PM

Platinum Poster

“Mhmm. It might be that.” While also gaining approval of the people to willfully pay for their services. “But everyone helping has been a great aid. Would you appreciate help from others if something happened at home?” Suishoku asked redundantly.

If her ears were like a dog’s would they have first perked up at the crinkles of the thick envelope opening. Her hand tried to keep steady to not sloppily start sliding across the page. Already a grin was forming so she lowered her head a little to hide it. Anticipation bubbled inside her like a shaken champagne bottle and her hand rushed to give a swift conclusion to the letter. With a boldened period on the last sentence, her head sneaked up to find a surprised look to him. It then transformed into a smirk. Her hands set down the pen and she propoed her elbows on the table with fingers laced together.

“Was it? I must have overlooked that detail,” she giggled as if getting caught stealing from the cookie jar or the last fried cutlet from a neighbor’s bento box. In actuality, she was worried on when Nobu would have asked her or if Nobu had plans on it. So far it looked like Nobu agreed so Suishoku giggled more and rested her chin on her hands.

“To be honest, would you like to for a dance? I’ll probably rent out something for the occasion but it’s kinda new to have a dance in general.”

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 07:39 PM

Administrator

“Was it? I must have overlooked that detail,” her smirk and smile caused the Prince to smile as well. She really did like small things like that about her. In his eyes she was perfect. Though now that the subject had been broached it appeared they needed to be a bit more serious. She asked if Nobu actually wanted to attend. In truth dancing wasn't something that he was well trained in. His training had been more in things like poetry and handwriting, as well as military command. Yet as a representative of his clan and province he could hardly allow himself to just fail at something like Western style dance. Plus it wasn't like he expect many of the students to be skilled at it anyway.

Standing up he gave a very polite Western style bow with his arm in front of his stomach.
"M'lady, I would like nothing more than for you to accompany me." he said with a smirk. Then, for once, in actual English, he said
"May I have this dance?" his English was very heavily accented, but he was still proud of himself for remembering how to say it all in English, and was hoping Suishoku would enjoy it as well. If she was renting a dress it wouldn't be hard for him to go find a Western tuxedo somewhere in Edo. Though it meant he likely wouldn't have any Azai crests upon it. Maybe an Azai belt would work instead? Or perhaps, just for her, he would had no Azai emblems on his outfit at all. Thinking about he, he quickly decided against that. He was Azai Nobuyori, he had to have something.
"What color do you want your dress? I don't want to miss match you." he asked politely. It would have been weird if they showed up in colors that clashed with one another after all.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 04:44 AM

Platinum Poster

She sat up straight and applauded at his performance. Not only that but his bow and use of English made him seem distinguished. “That was very good! very gentleman!,” she cheered in delight that he was even able to pull that off at all. “Hmm, but since I invited you, does that mean I wear the tuxedo?” Suishoku joked when asked what to dress so they could coordinate.

Humoring him and putting herbwork aside for a moment, she got up from around her desk and tried her best to attempt a courtesy, coming off as a half bow and half holding up some invisible dress hem on the side after getting caught inbetween the two customs. “Hmm, usually I’d pick something orange like. Would that be a bad color for you, Nobu?” She asked this as she never saw him in bright colors too often. The brightest tended to be his blonde hair and the emblem on his jacket. “If it doesn’t work then we can work out another color. It’s just a rental and all for one dance.” It was hard to think of what else would the clothes serve for. Guys have it so much esier when it comes to a tuxedo to be jealous over their easier to dress styles compared to wonen and their rainbow palette of choice.

She then began to fix up her blouse a bit and straighten it out and fix some of her hair. It was clear that a western dance is unusual territory for many of the Bugei students that it posed a question of who thought it up in the first place. Even with this handicap in mind for both themselves and the transfer guests, more than likely no one wanted to make a spectacle of themselves. Nobu and his reputation as a noble and Suishoku just for the sake of not being the first to fall over clumsy on the dance floor. Reenacting how she met Nobu would be hilariously painful. “While figuring that out, um, shall we dance?” Her English came off more playful as a child would in mimicry of a movie title. “I think the office is open enough to put in a small practice.” Suishoku was eager to try a few steps. Even if they both might not know a few moves anyway. "Unles you would rather we cling to each other the whole night."

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 12:22 PM

Administrator

“Hmm, but since I invited you, does that mean I wear the tuxedo?” at the words Nobuyori recoiled a bit. In his mind a tuxedo was strictly for a male. It seemed weird that a woman would wear one. After all, wouldn't that mean that he would have to wear a dress? What if they both went looking like guys and wearing a tuxedo, does that mean he would be gay and the fabled Azai bloodline would end with him? No, wait, Kaori was still a Princess after all. The thought made Noubyori die a bit inside as he waved his hand.
"Umm...." he didn't want to upset her. He was pretty sure she was joking. Though she was stronger than him in terms of relic powers at the moment. Though she made it clear she had been joking.

“Hmm, usually I’d pick something orange like. Would that be a bad color for you, Nobu?” she asked. He thought about his usual colors, blue and gold, and white.
"Not really. It would go well with blue and white. It would be pretty." he replied. Though in his mind anything she decided to wear would look pretty. Even thinking of her in a long, western style dress made the boy blush a bit. THough as she said any color would be fine really he shook his head.
"Whatever color you want is fine." he said with a genuine smile as she got up.

“While figuring that out, um, shall we dance?” Surprised he slowly got up too. After all he wasn't about to just let her try and dance alone. Though as she suggested they could just cling to each other the Prince was now completely red faced.
"I wouldn't....mind....I mean." he thought back to when they had kissed by the riverbed and turned his head away from her, his cheeks clearly betraying his thoughts.
"I never mind you cling to me. I really like it.." he said and turned back to her, extending his hand for her to grab, so they could at least half attempt to dance.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 05:07 PM

Platinum Poster

"I wouldn't....mind....I mean“

“I mean,” her hand faltered a bit as he started to blush and turn away slightly. The implications of her joke reaching her now making her face turn rosey. Not only that would it also be infront of people, making the matter quite a statement. “Well,” she stammered shyly on her words which caught her between trying to explain yet her habit of teasing still managing to wriggle it’s head forward. Didn’t help that when thinking about it a bit more, she did invite Nobu to a private place to do all this. Her face flushed redder when trying to keep her imagination in check from all those shoujo moments and then some.

"I never mind you cling to me. I really like it..”

Suishoku pinched her ring finger a little with her thumb nail to carry forward with the suggestion. It was her idea to practice here. “R-right! I mean, I... won’t mind.” He wouldn’t mind it but her mind also carried away a bit. She took his hand with utmost care and did a pretend courtesy before stepping forward. The bottle of tea he carried made him feel cooler to her warm touch. Using what she saw in some movies when it came to ball room scenes helped as she placed a hand on his shoulder and held the other as leading. Just a small space between them at this point as she looked up at her blushing boyfriend. “I trust you. On three,” she smiled and counted softly to three before moving in small shaken steps.

Moving like this and starting wasn’t easy as she tried to guide them both to a sway. Once to the left, once to the right. Footsteps tracing small circles on the office. Whenever she felt herself stumble into his chest, which did happen several times than she liked to stubbornly admit, did Suishoku hold his left shoulder for support and vise versa in helping Nobu in their stutter steps till finding a rhythm of their own. She waited for a few rounds in before checking on her partner. Paperwork became the last thing on her mind once in his arms. “This isn’t too awkward... is it? Not too clumsy? The dance isn’t for awhile so... we could um, practice here or something.” Her face by now was still blushing red between several mistakes on her part to asking Nobu out like this.

--------------------

PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 08:31 PM

Administrator

“R-right! I mean, I... won’t mind.” the words hit the young Prince like bullets. If this where an anime his nose would have erupted with blood and he would have moved on to the next life here and now. Sadly, an anime this was not, or rather, fortunately for Nobuyori. However as she moved towrards him and placed her hand on his shoulder the moment became very real for him. Blushing a bit he put one hand on her lower back and with his other hand grabbed hers, stretching out both their arms a bit.

In a clumsy attempt, like two awkward school children that both happened to be, they tried dancing. Fan dancing was one thing, or a traditional shrine dance, but a Western style dance was something new and intimate that neither was use to. As one blushed so did the other. As Nobu opened his mouth to try and speak Suishoku beat him to it.
“This isn’t too awkward... is it? Not too clumsy? The dance isn’t for awhile so... we could um, practice here or something.” the question caught him off guard and he accidently stepped on her foot. His eyes going wide realizing what he did he started apologizing profusely.
"I'm sorry, I'm not use to this! This isn't really what they train a future lord for. I apologize!" he exclaimed. He really was stumbling just as much as she was, hence why her question of how she was doing caught him off guard.

Attempting to rebalance the both of them, Nobuyori sighed a bit and looked at her, laughing at himself in a rare sheepish moment.
"I suppose both of us are fairly new to this. At least one of us isn't out pacing the other." he said with an awkward smile as though to say that it was less a joke and more he was just glad that they could be embarrassed together instead of just one of them. Still, he had no intention of giving up unless someone walked in! He was a Prince after all! He wouldn't allow himself to show up at a formal event and act like a complete fool! He would master this and show the world, or at least the students at the dance, the glory and versatility of the Azai clan!

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 10:00 PM

Platinum Poster

"Eep!" Suishoku squeaked from the step. It wasn't full on heavy footed and Nobu was kind enough to retract very quickly yet his tidal wave of apologies made Suishoku bubble over into laughter. There's just no way she could keep a straight face from that! Quickly her head rested into his shoulder in a quivering, giggling fit to keep herself from getting too loud to be heard through the office door and walls. "It's...o-okay heh heh, I'm s-sorry." she barely managed as they stopped to take a much needed break. Nobu was being sincere in his lordly formal apology to point of being utterly endearing. "I'm...-suppose to be taking...this seriously. I...I'm sorry," Suishoku apologized into his jacket shoulder.

Somehow in all this did neither of them seem to let go of each other in the moment. That was good or she'd just slide down against his body and sit on his feet in an embarrassed laughing fit if not for his hand at her back for support. With that, and one possible complication on Nobu's part, adverted did her head turned to look up at him while resting on his shoulder to look at his cutely flustered behavior. Her smile wide, playful, and gradually relaxing on him. It didn't occur to her much just how much she was leaning into Nobu when recovering her laughter. One interpretation of this could be that at least the two can slow dance well enough.

"Heh, that's very true," she chuckled. The moments of insight made her rather happy he found the conclusion of the other reason she wanted to ask him privately. "Even if I managed to take dance lessons from Carmine-san before his departure, the whole western style may have been to put us all on an equal playing field. It's a dance so we're suppose to dance, right? So for both our sakes, I didn't want us to be falling over each other or running into others. I'd like to be less clumsy around you on these key moments."

Suishoku admitted her own personal reason. She didn't want to trip over herself or accidentally drop him in the few times that felt important in their interactions. It may have been a few times here and there but Suishoku wanted to be capable enough to not slip up. Having said this, she looked to where their hands were and smiled more sweetly at Nobu after noticing something she overlooked to compliment. "You're a natural in your hand placements. Heh heh, since we got this much down, I'll let you lead this time."

Just a pair of awkwardly clumsy kids here, nothing foul going on.

--------------------

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY