Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Plan B, [closed]
Alida
 Posted: May 27 2018, 04:55 AM

Platinum Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Awards: None

A folded up, torn in fourths dance flyer rested in the waste basket of her calligraphy desk as Mika practiced drawing scenery branches and scarves to pass the time than more destructive means. The clock ran late into the evening hours as she hid herself in the confines of her dorm room. When the room became too quiet and the clock's mechanical arms resounded more than the scrapings of her brush, she looked at the flyer's pieces with disapproval of the event.

There was suppose to be a dance of some sorts and it was encouraged for students to participate. Mika couldn't fully imagine what a dance would look like and assumed it to be something more akin to a festival with a large bonfire. Some of the girls around her were looking for dates, and while most have been successful in their endeavors, it was no secret that there was a large amount of many that considered going single or form a singles circle. She knew and near dreaded the thought of both. Knowing no one would ask for her hand was well and good but to be stuck in another situation of lonely drinkers wasn't the experience she was looking forward to dealing with. Again.

Having this in mind made her consider what drinking was like. Not the tasting and sampling as ceremonial intake was a mild practice so long as the children only take one and no more. If nothing else, it won't do much to having to show attendance in a perpetual fowl mood as that one girl would likely show up when Mika didn't want them around; Yiting. Having her options laid before her, she checked the time again and went for a plan of action.

Sakuma Eiji.

"What are you plans for the coming dance, Sakuma-san?" She muttered in open bemusement while attempting to contact him by phone call and text than be wandering around the men's dorm looking for the room that reeks of alcohol the most.

Gawf

--------------------

Elite year, Yuubae Suishoku__Honda Mikazuki, 2nd year
PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 28 2018, 02:06 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Member No.: 136

Eiji layed in his bed, surprisingly sober. Not by choice of course but because he had run dry. On his chest was his laptop. He decided to poke his head into the few imageboards and forums he frequented, though to no ones surprise it was just the same threads still up from an hour ago. Checking in on the school site he was bombarded with group notifications about the upcoming dance. He quickly selected all of the messages and proceeded to delete them. Everyone was encouraged to attend, but Eiji couldnt give a rat's ass about it. Taking advantage of the slightly later curfew though was somthing that was more up his alley. After a few more mindless clicks his pocket began to vibrate. He dug out his phone to see Mika's name and her picture, a white background with just a
>:( emoticon in frame. He picked up the phone and answered. "What are my plans?" He repeated almost like he was asking himself. "Prolly go down to my watering hole and visit with the geezer, cart myself back to the school, watch some trashy tv then pass out." He said as he moved his laptop to the side and sat up. "Why do you ask?"

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 28 2018, 02:19 AM

Platinum Poster

The response had Mika set her brush into a water bath to wash the ink away while listening. His voice didn't sound so slurred and much to a brief flicker of surprise in her dull eyes. "Sounds fair. The effort to have blind oxen carry you back to the dorms must be a routine system for you. How else would one not be found in the canals," she spoke in disapproval of his habits but it's obvious he's done this several times before on that encounter. She occupied herself by examining her relic brush and touching its tip into the water again before making broad strokes across her paper to find any grey traces.

A smokey mist swept across the sheet and the head was dipped into the water once more. "I imagine you plan to head there as early as possible for ample time before proceeding this carting of yours," Mika spoke lofty into the speaker before setting her brush down like the weight of four words proceeding after. "I shall accompany you." The lofty tone was done and the disapproval along with it. Mika set forth her proposal to alert him of her intentions of being within in vicinity.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 29 2018, 12:34 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Eiji chuckled at the thought of having oxen carry him back to the school, not a bad idea at all.
"Hey it's cheaper to feed the oxen then pay a cab.
He said back. "Actually I was planning on heading over there later-ish. People still do come in and I'd hate for a company of our classmates coming in using it for a meeting place or getting some tea or a light meal before the dance." He said. After all he didnt want everyone to know what he did and where his hidey hole was. Her next statement confused him. "How are you gonna accompany me and go to the dance? Dont get me wrong I dont mind the company, but I thought you would have guys kicking down your door to go with you. "He said as he got up from his bed looking around his nightstand looking for his pack of cigarettes.

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: May 29 2018, 01:06 AM

Platinum Poster

“The place seemed empty enough for a hole in the wall, as they say.” Mika got up and moved to dim her lights and pull the futon down to arrange her bed with one hand. A slow clumsy effort. “Although irghat is interesting to find students other than yourself would frequent so far in that district.” A surprise and shame there could be other students. She didn’t hear about it being popular or maybe it’s most spoken off in circles outside her own.

“Regardless of others venturing in, the curfew will draw them back.” She smoothed out the lumps and returned to her desk to tidy up the supplies left out. His assumption of men coming to her door was laughable enough to earn a grinning chuckle. “If you thought that then you must be dreaming, Sakuma-san.” Having spent the laugher, Mika cleared her throat before answering just how she intended to do both. “The dance isn’t important.”

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: May 31 2018, 12:07 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"See I thought it was pretty well out of the way as well, but you still came in so it cant be as incognito as I thought it was." He said back as he ran his free hand over his pocket to feel the rectangular package in them. Using his shoulder to keep his phone next to his ear he walked over to his window, he opened it while he dug out his cigarettes while he listened to her laugh. "Well if you wanna tag along well make a day of it." He said as he pulled a cigarette and lighter from his pack the lighter clicking a few times before catching flame. He took a drag from it before continuing.
"I also heard that we got some Chinese visitors running around edo, supposedly scions from their government, you hear anything about that?" He asked

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 11:16 PM

Platinum Poster

“Normally, hotels frown upon smoke within its rooms,” she answered just as soon as she heard the lighter sounds flick a few times. “But yes. Yes, that will be some day of it. Even if it be drinking in silence.” Mika didn’t want to foresee much conversation required and the previous encounter seemed to have cover much of what was needed to know. She climbed into bed and looked up what days this dance thing fell on. Something she should know but didn’t give more of a look then the advertising letters to view the finer prints.

On the other line, Eiji seemed to pause for awhile before coming to a question. He asked about the Chinese students that came to Edo. She thought of it strange that the question came from someone that enjoyed listening in. “Didn’t find time to ask one yourself?” He wasn’t present at their arrival either if Mika recalled well enough to shift what did she know from Yiting. “No matter. Their announcement and one of their own told me the effort ws for Peace. Should Edo have issues, they assist. Should China have issues, Edo is expected to asist. From how it looks, being hospitable may eventually lead to assisting China. Whichever their problems are exactly.”

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 02:05 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"I'm actually in the dorms, shh dont tell no one." He said playfully as he took another drag. "We can do more than that y'know, hell I'm sure my old tv is still there upstairs. We can grab it and watch movies or some shit, hell yeah we can do that!" He said as he took a few steps to a box next to his bed, neatly organized in layed DVD boxes. He looked over them as he talked. "Regarding the Chinese I couldnt make the first meeting, and seeing as how they are visiting for political reasons do you think it would be in Japan's best interest for them to visit or be visited by Sakuma Eiji, world class drunk and industry leader on vulgarity?" He said as a shirt silence came over the phone.
"Besides I heard the Chinese leader guy was a real dickhead and snob, cant stand people like that." He admitted before heading back to his window.
"

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 06:20 PM

Platinum Poster

Mika mouthed out his words in mimed mockery and began to be intrigued. She didn’t take him to be someone to put a bit more thought in what was assumed to be drinking at that local then eventually saunter back to the school or dorms like before. It confused her on why he put in the idea in his hat and wear it while the restaurant has just that.

“Of course I won’t tell,” not that there was anyone to share that information with. “You sound very devoted to these movies. A collective collection of cinema?” Mika mused with a cat smile of feeling ever for saying that. He then turned to explain himself a bit further about his absence. Needless to say he may have nurse a hangover that morning and felt obligated to ask what she thought of the transferees. It almost felt as though he wanted to challenge the pompous leader. Mika only remembered him as someone who ate largely and diligently at the breakfast. “That man is a bit of a peacock.” She commented before grinning almost too sinister in her smile. The sort of grin she felt and held when tossing her brother to the wolves of society.

“I wish you a happy hunting, Sakuma-san. As this is but a sport though, be best not to clip too much of the crown and feathers.” Not that Eiji needed to be reminded of the minor level of political immunity the Chinese students had. A drunken Eiji can’t go too far but, Mika has yet to witness how far he can really go.

--------------------

PM
^
Gawf
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 12:19 AM

Bugei Adventurer

"Hell yeah! I got a bunch of movies, mostly American films. Gotta watch em with subtitles though because I can't understand english very well." Eiji said fervently. Eiji shook his head when Mika described the man. "Never did like peacocks" he retorted as he took one last drag of his cigarette before snuffing it out. He layed back down on his bed as she spoke next. "Dont get me wrong the guy sounds like a class act, but I ain't gonna go out of my way to find him and fight him or anything. However if I saw him walking around town acting high and mighty I would oblige him by telling him how much of an ass I think he is." Eiji thought he was genuine like that, calling it like he sees it was an activity he was a master of.
"Well I'm gonna hit the hay, talk to you later Mika-san"

--------------------
PM
^
Alida
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 01:07 AM

Platinum Poster

“Have a restful respite, correctional officer Sakuma-san,” Mika hung up afterwards and set her phone aside. She wanted to take a moment to review what had taken place. Her room was dim at first with her phone light lasting enough only to turn near pitch black once it too was cut off. She continued to sit upright in bed while envisioning the plan’s execution.

On the set up before her was the main plans of hiding away from the dance with Eiji as the excuse. To claim that she had plans and further remove herself from the dorms and the sidelines for anyone to find her was the intending purpose. This frame of mind was later detracted by a bonus of movies. Eiji had taken it upon himself to toss these in. A surprising development that when taken in stride did this perform exactly as needed. Movies these say are, well, frankly Mika has not had the time invested into viewing movies to know what was the length of a motion picture. There were also foreign as well with subtitles. Mika felt to have met someone like that before but the evening kept the name of such person in the dark.

A night of movies awaited them both on that day. It may not have been grand or a full escape but it was the plan to go with. Further deviation would be questionable but there did not seem to be any room for such things. Closing the summary as if finishing a meeting, Mika laid down to await what most others would claim as some magical moment in their youth.

[end thread]

--------------------

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY