Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Violets are Blue..., Youri and Viola
LDYWHTE
 Posted: May 31 2018, 05:06 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Awards: None

The School Dance was near and Youri remained to wander around the Edo Bugei after the routinary lessons beside Kayoko in search for something to do in those days. Nothing passed in their minds, and at this point they were soon to give up everything and wait for the next year to come.

"Although we're pretty new here, it would be nice to join this ball!" The young one begun to speak to break away their silence.

Youri wasn't much edged about like her, clearly noticeable in his groaning tone. "Hm, just the usual crowdy events for boring simperings."

"C'mon, it could be a way to finally be a part of the Academy, or maybe it could be a way to meet more Students like us!"
The last part of her own sentence lit up an idea. She stopped to think a moment about before she gave a wide grin at him. She had already something plotted in her mind, something that he didn't wanted to hear.

"Why don't you ask out Viola? She seems perfect! You two could go to the dance and know each other better!"

His reaction was expectable.

"No way." He groaned again with an annoyed frown at her, almost angry. But Kayoko insisted.

"Aww bro, it's just one night to have fun, thing that you should experience more than remaining all the time in your bedroom when you have done the lessons!"

He rolled up his eyes and huffed annoyed, hating to admit to himself that she was right about. He was the first who acted quite intolerant to seal some friendships with the Students here, preferring to maintain a space between him and the rest of the Academy in favour to keep his watch on Kayoko. The rest of the day were spent in training, studying and listening to blasting Rock music in his room.

They remained to stare at each other for some long minutes, almost to read their minds or to silently quarrel about this Dance... and Kayoko seemed the winner.

With a loud sigh he threw up his hands and admitted his "defeat" on the will of his sister, which made her only happy and proud of him.

"Ok ok! You won. I will go and find her today to ask her out for the dance. But just because I wouldn't know what to do in those days."

"Yes! You go, brother!"

Since they forgot to ask her phone number back when they met the first time in the park, he decided to search for her around the First Floor area of the building, where the First Year Students are... and where Viola would be around for sure.

He begun to search for her, trying to find her light blue eyes and her light brown hair among the many faces of the Students around. His focus was solely for her now, to the point that he forgot also himself at the raising fatigue of walking fast up and down the halls. He realised that only when the pain on his left side became prickly and his breath felt burning in his throat, so he decided to stop his search for a moment and rest on a wall of one of the long halls of the First Floor.

She must be somewhere... he thought as he crossed his arms with a last huff puffing his cheeks. He was starting to regret his choose.

Shinku Tenshi

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 01:14 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 172

Viola's time at Edo so far was fairly standard to her, it seemed. Classes occupied her time during the day, Track, runs, and Guard in the afternoon and evening, and studying when she returned to her room. By this point, the routine was set and, aside from some excitement in her Guard duties and meeting new people in her classes and on her runs, not a lot was going on.

Recently, however, in celebration of the Chinese students, there was to be a school dance held within the following days. Viola hadn't thought much of it herself as most guys she had conversations with or ran into were dating other girls or not interested, and the only foreigner she had met was Headmaster Sun, who would be an incredibly awkward date to the dance. The Guard track members were offering positions to those who would like to keep watch at the dance should they choose to do so. Viola had thought about going as a guard and watching over everyone, making sure the other had a good time, but something held her back. She had thoughts form in the back of her head, telling her to hold out and wait. Was it God speaking to her, or was she secretly afraid of jealousy rearing it's head because of the fun everyone else had while she had to remain serious at an event designed for enjoying? Either way, she obeyed the nagging voice and made herself available for the night... for a while longer.

A couple days before the dance was to take place, she was walking to one of her classes. She seemed to be in a bit of a daze as a routine would do for someone, head in the clouds questioning if she was ready for that test in the next class, what the gossip for today was going to be at lunch with her friends. Pondering these thoughts, she neglected to see Youri at first leaning against a wall, head toward the ceiling like he was waiting for something. Viola stopped shortly after passing him, however, sensing that something was different. Did she just see him? Why is he down here when he should be the next floor up? By the time she turned back to him, he had brought his head back down and their eyes locked. With a familiar smile, Viola snapped from her daze and approached Youri.

"Hey, Youri-san."

She leaned with her back to the wall next to him and put her right foot on the wall in a comfortable position as if she were going to be there for a while.

"It's a bit odd for you to be on the first year's floor. What brings you to my neck of the woods?"

Viola gave off a small chuckle as she spoke jokingly. He could be down here for a number of reasons, thought it was odd that he came to where the first year classes were rather than an actual destination, like he was looking for something... for her maybe? A small blush formed on her cheeks before she dismissed the thought.

Without giving away her suspicions, she simply waited to see how he would respond to her question. From what she gathered on previous meetings, Youri was very straightforward, so she knew he would tell her soon what he was up to.

--------------------
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down her life for her friends."
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 07:02 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Just when he was about to leave, he heard the voice of Viola calling his name.

The reaction was instantaneous.

He immediately detached from the wall, like a spring being released from its hold, and turned to see her face that he tried to search in the crowd in the last minutes. He passed a hand on his face up to brush his dark brown hair as a clumsy gesture to appear decently, he wasn't good to hide the evidence that he was searching for someone here.

"Uhm, we're both First Year Students, aside the fact that you're a Scion and I am not..." He pointed out as he looked around them in a fake interest of the surrounding just to draw some more time to cool down. Then he continued after a deep sigh. "But whatever, I came here for another reason. You know of this thing which is in the mouth of everyone about the School Dance, right? Well, I was thinking about if you and me would join this thing, just... y'know, to have a good time and to know each other better."

Outside he looked all chill as his usual, with his hands well dig in his pockets and the legs loosely bended to sustain his weight, but inside he was clearly exploding with embarrassment, fueled with an uncomfortable sense of suspension and wait for a positive response or getting ready for a rejection.

"Of course don't mind that if you don't wanna or you have already someone to go with." He hastly added in a shrug before she'd respond him with her choice.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 12:52 AM

Advanced Member

Not even a moment with Youri and she could tell she was nervous; Viola forgot he was a first year student like herself. If she had a moment to process the embarrassment, she would have, but as she predicted, he immediately came out with his reason for being in the hallway. His voice, just as nervous as hers was, managed to spout an invitation to the dance.

Wait, what? Me, being invited to the dance? Really?

Viola, upon hearing the request, disengaged from her position on the wall and looked up to Youri with a look of shock, then a smile crept onto her face. The nagging voice in the back of her head telling her to leave the Guard track detail of the dance and wait was talking about this. Since their first meeting, Viola had what she had surmised was a crush on Youri because of his personality. It wasn't necessarily a bad boy attitude, but it exuded confidence, something she was attracted to in guys. He was a fairly good looking guy, too, which is always a plus. The only downside, however, was that in their initial meeting, she didn't get his information to talk to him, relying on random sightings to have any talks.

Her face became beet red from her nervousness and excitement. She looked down for a moment as if she were feigning a thought about the proposal, but soon enough, drowned enough of her excitement and nerves to look back up to his eyes and give him a proper response.

"That sounds like a lovely idea. I'd be happy to be your date."

The blushing had yet to subside from her cheeks as she stood there transfixed on her date. The glow was enough for some girls passing by to see what had happened and let out a collective "Aww" as they made their way to the classes.

Then the flood of thoughts came through about the details of the dance. The Headmaster declared that the style of the dance was that of a Western style, akin to what they called a prom. With that, she began to wonder what she would wear, how her hair should look, and where they needed to meet before going.

Viola rested the raging thoughts to focus on Youri. She needed to coordinate with him, so rather than think it herself, she would ask him for his opinion on at least some of the details. After all, she did want to surprise him with some things. Still bearing her smile and blush, now slowly fading away, she began asking Youri about the details.

"What color do you suppose we should wear? And if I understand right, the dance is gonna be at the auditorium. Where should we meet up before then?"

Viola thought again about the request and began blushing more once again. She was surprised someone thought of her for the dance, on top of that, someone she was already interested in. She calmed down much faster this time and, while maintaining her crystal blue eyes on Youri, waited to hear what his ideas were.

--------------------
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down her life for her friends."
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 01:35 PM

Bugei Adventurer

The next sentence left him in a momentary state of shock once again, and not because she had accepted his invite...

Date? W-Wait, I was only asking to dance with you, not to--- ah, whatever, let's do also this. He thought as he nodded to himself for this self-encouragement, like it was a new challenge for him to overcome.

What could go wrong with a date?

He returned to focus again on her after the upset state dissipated with a little cough and another shrug, almost a shiver. He noticed in that moment that she was blushing, and her smile... her smile! All in a sudden he felt so happy to see her smile again, remembering the first time he saw it after their first meeting some weeks ago.
If wasn't for her questions catching his attention again, he would've remained gladly around her without saying a word, just to hang around in her peaceful aura.

"Since I don't wanna offend any Chinese there, I won't wear anything yellow, I advice you the same if they're still touchy about." He said at first with a chuckle, remembering that long time ago in the Imperial China yellow was the color allowed only for the Emperors and therefoe forbidden for the rest of the population.

He tried not to fell into the ridicolous though.

"Whatever, feel free to wear what you want, surprise me!" He lastly exclaimed with a bright smile.
Then it was the time to focus on the meeting, it seemed natural for him to have already an answer already, although a bit naive.

"Let's meet inside the auditorium, you'll surely recognise me there." He reassured with a thumb up at her, hoping he haven't made a silly thing already by inviting her for a meeting already inside the place where the party would be.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 02:18 AM

Advanced Member

Surprise him, eh? I think I can manage that.

The wheels in Viola's mind began turning as she speculated on dresses to try and colors to experiment with. She quickly settled on an idea as to not distract her from the current situation in front of her. Youri did mention that yellow is a forbidden color to the Chinese commoners, so as to not be a rude guest, she forbade herself from the color as well.

"I'm glad you mentioned that. I had no idea they're customs were like that, though personally, I'm not a fan of yellow attire anyway."

She spoke with her cheeks still rosy from the initial encounter. She had become calm now, although his presence alone now was enough to keep her blushing. As to confirm her interest again, Youri spoke up and told Viola to meet him inside the auditorium itself, that he would surely be recognized. With a calm thumbs up, it seemed like he was telling her to trust him. She managed a nod of her head in approval as she returned his bold statement with one of her own.

"I'll find you alright. And when you see me, I'm gonna knock you off your feet."

She declared to him exactly what she had intended to do, but in a way where it didn't give it all away. Her plan was to dress up as much as was appropriate, and do so in a way that would give Youri a good reason to be there. With her own thumbs up, she felt her nervousness bow out enough that she could talk to him and be proud of what was going on. It seemed like their mutual friendship was growing, but only during this dance would Viola know for sure that going beyond that would be possible, though judging by both of their reactions to each other, it seemed entirely plausible.

She stood there, her smile still glowing, as the final thought for the moment crossed her mind.

"I suppose it would be a really good time to get your numbers, huh?"

Viola gave an audible laugh as she remembered having to run off so quickly during their first meeting and putting herself in a bad spot. She had no way to get back to them at all, even on social media. Rather than wait again, she was going to rectify that mistake now. She waited for a moment as Youri prepared himself to respond.

--------------------
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 07:32 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Such intensity from her words impressed and intrigued him, but he decided to don't let overflow his imagination to savour when he'll be able to actually see her tomorrow. For now this "glimpse" of what will come was more than enough.

And finally they got what they missed the first time abruptly interrupted with her "escape": an actual contact.

"Ah, right! I was almost forgetting it. Thanks for the reminder." He replied her with a small laugh beside hers, a little embarrassed but glad to finally have at least her number.

He immediately picked out his phone and scrolled down the phone Rubric to search the number of his sister first since he remembered his own without checking it.

"Here, this is the number of Kayoko." He pointed out as he turned the screen with the Contact of his sister well visible on the screen toward Viola.
The thing which stood out there was the Profile picture that he made for Kay's number, a photo of her at home playing her Koto.

"When you're done I'll give you mine personally." He lastly said in a polite way as he kept the screen toward her while waiting for the registration.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 11:49 PM

Advanced Member

The circle was now nearly complete. Viola took note of Kayoko's number and registered it to her phone. She had thought to immediately message her and jokingly say she finally got their numbers, but decided to wait until she was heading away to do so rather than interrupt the conversation for something so trivial.

She took a moment to add other details to the contact, making it easier to access as they both were the first to want her information since she arrived at Edo. Most others chose to use social media to talk among themselves, using their phones as mini computers rather than contact devices like they had been initially created for. It was pleasing for Viola to know they were intending to keep in contact like this.

Ok, got Kayoko's information. Your turn, mister."

She made a small gulp as Youri returned his phone to his pocket and prepared to take his information. She had wanted to get his information for a while now, but the opportunity didn't present itself until now. After this point, keeping up with them would be much easier, something Viola had hoped for since their first meeting.

--------------------
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 03:12 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"Mister?" He repeated with a little snourt. No one really addressed him with an occidental "mister", something which he silently appreciated, a good recall to his nature more inclined to the West than the East.

"You flatter me, mistress." He said as he returned playfully the word back to her before he gave to the Scion his phone number. He scanned each numbers carefully to her, slow and precise, while glancing at her fingers typing on the screen with the same attention.

Yes, she wrote it correctly, whew. He thought innerly as he doublechecked what he saw and what he told to her.
The exchange was made.
He looked back a moment his own phone to check the time and he almost gasped in utter shock.

"Ahem, give me a call later, I'll save directly your number like that. Now I have to go back in my room a moment to pick back my notebooks for the next lessons in fifteen minutes!" He warned as he ruffly adjusted himself a moment before he returned to look at her with a big smile. "It's been a pleasure to see you again, and most of all to be able to be with you tomorrow in the school dance."

After he quickly gave her a friendly hug, he waved at her goodbye with a polite bow, hoping he wasn't rushing too much to leave, but duties were duties.

However, thanks to her "yes", he can't wait any further for tomorrow to come.

[YOURI LEFT]

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 12:45 AM

Advanced Member

With Kayoko and Youri's number now secured and double checked for correctness, everything was set. Viola couldn't have been happier at that point. Or so she though.

Upon finishing the exchange, Youri noticed that he was short on time due to his frantic search earlier to find her. As he prepared himself to leave, he gave Viola a friendly hug and asked her to call him later. Maintaining her smile, she accepted the embrace and made a mental note to at least talk to him later.

I might hold off on calling him yet. Make him wait and maintain my surprise. After tomorrow, there should be good reason to call him from that point on.

As he ran off, Viola gave a vibrant wave and called out to Youri.

"See you tomorrow!"

She turned and returned to her routine, but this time, with much preparation in store. Time was unfortunately short, but ideas were being thrown around on what she would do. Either way, she was elated about being asked to the dance, and could not wait for the opportunity to stun Youri and enjoy the night with him.

Viola went into her next class and immediately began writing up mental notes on what she wanted to do and wear.

The girls at the lunch table were definitely going to have good gossip today. And Viola would be happy to confirm it.

[Viola Exit]

--------------------
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 03:58 AM

Bugei Adventurer

[END THREAD]

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY