Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Pas de Deux, Youri and Viola
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 08:30 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Awards: None

[FOLLOWING THIS ONE]

[...]The previous inquiry stole from him another grin, this time a little more playful. He'll do his best to don't disappoint or offend her, they're going to have not only a good time and literally their first date, but also a dance to remember.

"And... yes, I do have one more wish." He answered positively with a nod.
He stretched out his hand toward her in one sleek move and bowed a little his head, rightfully being a little gentleman for her.

"Shall we dance?"

Shinku Tenshi

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 12:45 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 172

If Viola could have squealed without looking out of place, she would have done so now. The moment she had waited for had arrived, and in a seamless transition, Youri had taken her invitation and ran with it. He had his hand held out, awaiting hers to move out toward the floor and start their dancing. His expression, far lighter and happier than times she's seen before, told her that he looked forward to this just as much as she did.

"As you wish."

Her words, simple and sweet, came about seamlessly as she stepped to Youri and placed her hand in his and followed him to the dance floor. There wasn't anything that could take the brilliant expression off her face. She was content and burden free, even if for a moment. The music in the background acting as an outward expression of what she'd experienced the last couple months at the school. The struggle of being somewhere new and dealing with critical situations as the harder songs played and of the sweeter, tender moments made as the slower songs made their way out.

Viola, unfortunately, wasn't versed well in dance, so as to not embarrass herself, she followed Youri's lead in what to do. She could have looked like a flounder bouncing off the floor, but her prime concern was him. If he was content with what was going on, so was she. Just being there with him was already an incredible time.

She wondered what was going through Youri's mind as they danced around themselves, the night still young and the crowd eating every bit of what Sinners Generation had to offer. Perhaps he had plans of his own on how to approach the night. Only time would tell for sure.

--------------------
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down her life for her friends."
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 03:43 PM

Bugei Adventurer

Okay, let's keep it nice and cool... looks like we're two to be dummies in dancing pop rock stuffs, oh well... Youri though the moment he had Viola's hand in his own. His hold was secure, but he seemed to winch under an underlying embarrassment and nervousness which made his body slightly tensed.
He then took a moment to analyse the situation and looked around them with a sharp glance. Since the upbeat music of the Sinners were clearly hard to dance with he simply carried her aside in the direction of the buffet, hoping that sooner or later there will be a proper moment to finally offer her a proper good time.

"Better if we wait a moment to let the louder music go. I am sure that we'll be able to dance a bit later, is it ok for you, Viola?" He asked her, hoping that his voice was audible in the midst of the guitar and battery pumping in the auditorioum, although they were pretty far from where the band was located.

But then, he suddenly stopped before they could reach the furnished table and turned her gently in front of him with a hand on her shoulder.

"Unless you want to give a try." He lastly challenged her with a grin as his head nudged in the direction of the crowd. Although a bit unortodox, he liked to know more about people with these sort of tests, she was no exception to his little game.
After the offer was given, he wondered what would be her reaction about that.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 10:01 PM

Advanced Member

Within a few minutes, it was obvious to the duo that dancing to the loud music was not something that would be feasible. Viola didn't witness much in terms of dancing, but it appeared that Youri was just as lost as she was. Dancing to slower music was fairly easy and meant to be a more romantic idea, but making moves based on the music present was not ideal unless you were expressive enough to do so, and lacked any self consciousness. Unfortunately, she was very aware of how she looked to the crowd and, when prompted by Youri to step back to the side, she willingly agreed.

"Yes, let's give it a few minutes to go into a slower song we can really enjoy. I like the band, but this is a bit fast."

The band, to this point, had been blasting power ballads about typical teenage issues; parents being jerks, losing "love," and standing out in a crowd. The music was catchy, but, to Viola, it wasn't something she could easily relate to as her mentality didn't reflect the typical teenagers angst. It did hit home about lost love as she had a couple of previous boyfriends that broke her heart for petty things; differing views, wanting to get with another girl, and she had left one in particular for advances she didn't approve of. As per her religion, she wanted to save herself for her future husband, practicing celibacy to a tee.

Once they exited the floor and neared the table, Youri turned to her and placed his hand on her shoulder, challenging her to try a dance as the music seemed to hold it's pace in the background. At this point, Viola had a difficult choice to make; not that she didn't want to dance with him, that was far from the case. Part of the night she had planned revolved around them separating themselves from the crowd for a dance on their own, but she had wanted to wait to do so until later on. She turned momentarily to the band, taking a short break in between songs to acknowledge the crowd and drink some water, then returned her gaze to Youri. Spur of the moment decisions can make for the best of times, so rather than think about a proper response, she gave a gleaming smile and before the nervousness entered her thoughts, gave her answer.

"I have an idea I think we'll both enjoy. Do you trust me?"

Viola returned the challenge to Youri in a confident voice to assure him she was with him. She gently grabbed his hand from her shoulder and began to lead him toward the exit. The thrill that Viola was experiencing in that moment was one she hadn't felt before; normally, she wasn't one to seek small thrills, but since Youri gave her a challenge, she felt like she needed to honor his effort by doing exactly what she was going to do later on.

She gave pause for a bit once they reached the entrance to make sure he didn't have any objections to her plan. Viola gave Youri her usual vivid smile and, in her eyes, a yearning and hopeful look that he would allow her to do this.

--------------------
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down her life for her friends."
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 04:04 PM

Bugei Adventurer

"Oh wha--!" He yelped a moment as all in a sudden he was the one carried by her, something which stole him soon after a little laugh as he tried to don't stumble on his own feet like a jerk.

That was really another surprise from her, being as "catchy" as the rhythm of the songs that the band are playing, regardless what they were talking about. Anything which make beat his heart loud was worth of his attention, and tonight one was even skipped for her.
Entwined in these momentary rapturing sensations, he followed her.
Somehow, he trusted her so already.

"Yeah yeah, I trust you, Viola." He reassured with a thumb up once he catched her speed with his own footsteps, just to have straight at his face the entrance of the auditorium. He blinked a moment and hummed as both his eyebrows raised in a questioning way at the doorframe.

Maybe she doesn't want to dance right now as well, I guess... he noted in his mind as he returned his gaze down at the girl.
He silently cleared his throat and nodded slowly as his face relaxed again with a soft smile.

"Heh, nice play by the way, not many can literally twist my head like that." He firstly commented before he squeezed gently her hand.
He was already loving this special "first date" with her.

"Show me what you have in mind." He lastly allowed her with a little bow of his head as he was about to open up the door for her first.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Jul 18 2018, 11:55 PM

Advanced Member

Viola's stomach was fluttering upon hearing Youri giving his trust to her. It was showtime finally, and she was given permission to impress. This was exactly what she had hoped and planned for.

"I'm glad I could give you that kind of excitement. I just hope this surprise does the same for you." She spoke with confidence in her voice, though she began feeling her nerves getting to her, telling her that maybe later that night would have been better, or possibly on another date, but the motion had already been set, and Viola was determined to carry through with it. To back out of it now would only dissappoint Youri, something she didn't want to do after wanting time with him for so long. As they reached the doorway outside of the auditorium, Viola took a look around to see where the guard students were at. To her relief, most were inside the auditorium enjoying the music themselves with only a couple remaining outside to check incoming students; none of them seemed to notice or care that Viola and Youri had stepped out and closed the door as slowly as possible behind them to keep attention away from them.

Viola, still clinging to Youri, lead him to a door that would take them to the roof via stairs. She stopped and quietly checked the door which, to her surprise, was unlocked. Luck seemed to be on their side as whomever was to watch this area didn't check the locks like they were suppose to; Either they wanted to see the band or were just being lazy. Viola suspected maybe they had a secret date and didn't alert other guards to them being unable to watch. Regardless, as with the auditorium, they entered the room without a sound and closed the door slowly to ensure they would be undetected.

With the hardest part of the ordeal behind them, she slowed down and with a more lady-like grace, ascended the stairs with Youri still in tow. She glanced back at him and smiled as to say they were close. Her heart began to beat faster knowing that her time was close. This is what she wanted. Ever since they met, she wanted time alone with him and, though the dance itself was a great event and time to have fun, she felt like the current mesh of students was a bit much to really get to know someone or form a better connection. But most importantly, she wanted to dance and be close to him, as he wanted to be wit her.

Upon reaching the door at the roof, Viola stopped and turned to Youri once more, smile radiating as it had all night. Her eyes gleamed with excitement, ready to twist his head again.

"Before we go out, I had planned on doing this later in the night, but as things were going, the music and crowd was a bit much to handle, especially this being our first date. I wanted time with you alone, time to talk, and time to... dance."

She stopped for a moment to bend over and lift her dress on her right side. From an outside appearance, you'd almost suspect she had an annoying itch she had to scratch or maybe she had scraped herself until you heard the sound of velcro. Around her calf, she had her phone in a case you'd normally see around a runner to keep it protected. Viola had used it to hold her phone and a pair of earbuds with a split in the wire to conform to two listeners. As she rose, she wrapped the velcro case around her arm and handed one pair of the split headphones to Youri. She then continued, this time, smirking slightly at her plan.

"Think you're ready to dance, handsome?"

While awaiting his reply, she opened the door to the roof. And admittedly, she fell into her own trap she mentally set some time ago about using the roof for emotional times. She had become one of those angsty teenage anime characters, but she didn't care. Her heart was taking the lead and it wanted to enjoy itself.

The roof appeared to be empty, the guard members positioned downstairs in case of an emergency rather than in higher positions. No other students were onto the fact that the roof was unlocked and open to use as if they had known, some would have come with their dates for more vulgar reasons or to be angsty. It was all to Viola and Youri. The only thing left to do was select a song, dance, and enjoy the night.

--------------------
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jul 19 2018, 03:40 AM

Bugei Adventurer

Only midway of their innocent "escape" from the Auditorum, Youri realised where they were going, and so the initial tension faded in a content sigh. He held a bit tighter her hand, a sign of security coming from him, and followed her almost beside in the direction of the open air over the roof of the building. Each brief glance exchanged was welcomed with a simple smile, perhaps to hide an innocent sense of embarrassment or simply to don't outburst with an awkward laugh at her.
He had yet to assimilate properly all these new emotions that she's igniting in his whole being, making him both numb and tiredless, dumb yet inspired.

"Time alone to talk and dance... you've brought us just in the right place I guess." He replied with a content smile before he made a step closer to her while they moved to get outside.

He didn't payed much for the phone, he had his in his pockets in need for an emergency, just as she did. If anything, he'll do his best to protect her.

The next sly taunt, however, stole him a genuine laugh at last.

Hah, better than being called 'cute', nice one he thought as he gently rested a hand over one of her shoulders.

"Yes, I do. In case I accidentally stomp on your feet don't feel shy to point that out, I'll try to behave therefoe." And she let her go to reach together the door and open it.

At last, the night sky opened before them.

The sound of the band below became mere vibrations muffled through the isolated walls, soon enough to let him mash them in the air as indistinct and distant rumbles.

He breathed the cool air of the first day of June, still pretty fresh to make him remember that they were few weeks away from Summer. Then his attention was again all for Viola just in front of him, indeed this was turning into a great night, all thanks to her. He'll do his best to repay her of the good memories she's building tonight...

Maybe too fresh.

He made a little concened frown at the girl in front, noticing that her arms were exposed in the open air. He grabbed the front of his jackets with both his hands but he remained in that position like suspended, a little pause before they would start their alone time peacefully.

"I can lend you my jacket if you feel cold, just let me know." He politely said before he returned his hands in his pockets of the offered clothing, looking around them a second time to admire the night.

There were few to no clouds, the light pollution was rather minimal, enough to see each other in the dark, the moon just an elegant slice hanged on the dark curtain. He had to admit himself that this romantic ambient was just of his taste, simple yet rafinate, a time to enjoy fully until its end.

"Now... how can we start? You wanna first dance and later talk or the opposite? Or altogether?" He asked her with a little chuckle as he finally looked down at her, not wanting to mess things up at least in this first date.
Silently, he had to be honest with himself again: this girl is really someone special.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 11:38 PM

Advanced Member

The crisp summer night seemed to be teeming with electricity as Viola and Youri made their way to a fair sized, open area of the roof. The cool air and beautiful crescent moon hanging in the sky gave more than enough light to see what was going on around them; enough to see each other and their actions.

Viola lost her grip from Youri as they reached the area, her expression far too happy to think anything negative was going on. She turned to him as he asked her if she needed his jacket to let him know. Her smile brightened as she motioned with her hand for him to come to where she was while expressing her feelings.

"I'm flattered, but I'm fine for now. The cold air actually feels good right now." She winked at him, then offered a smirk while she finished. "Besides, I'm a tough girl. A little cold doesn't bother me." Viola turned from him for a moment to view the sky and stars. The city around them was quiet and dim, aside from some fireworks going on in the distance, allowing for optimal viewing of the stars that would be lost had the city been lively that night.

"It's gorgeous out here, don't you think?" She sighed as she closed her eyes to visualize the sky she seen at home, a much clearer and star studded sight. She longed to see that again, but was more than willing to settle for what she could see there, especially being in good company. She felt Youri's presence next to her as he stopped next to her, she presumed to enjoy the sight as well. Viola opened her eyes to the sky once again. She paused a moment to look down beside her, toward Youri, then back to the sky. With that moment, she used it to take his hand in hers again with care, then continued her sentence "At home, the night sky was more magnificent. You could see so many more stars and could even see the Milky Way if the neighbors had their lights off. I miss that sky so much. I still enjoy what I can see here, but there, I could get lost in it."

Viola paused for a moment, not saying a word or moving. She moved her eyes and head to see more of the sky in front of and above them. Time stood still, the two of them looking into the cosmos, Viola as content as she could be, but this was not her surprise.

She interrupted the moment by turning toward Youri while setting up her phone for the real surprise. She took her hand from his and adjusted it to start playing music when she was finished. She handed one part of the split headphones to Youri and gave him an idea of what was about to happen. Her smile as she looked into his eyes was prideful, as if she was content with what she was doing. "So I did some research, asking Kayoko about your choice of music to see what would be great for this moment, and she suggested this song. I was told also you like rock music, but I didn't think that would fit the mood." She chuckled, the idea of rock music blaring from her phone to two lovers dancing would be no different than what was going on downstairs. Viola regained her focus and continued. "Truthfully, I like to use rock songs as running music myself. It's very catchy, but I don't think my choices would have worked either. I'll let you listen later."

The final preparations set, Viola set her phone to play, inserted her head phones into her ear, and placed her arms around Youri's neck. Before the music started, she made a final comment into his ear with a softness she had yet to show that night. "I really hope this is a pleasant surprise."

The music began. Their moment was finally here, and Viola, flushed with red in her cheeks, was in heaven.

--------------------
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Aug 4 2018, 05:41 PM

Bugei Adventurer

He remained in a respectful silence as he contemplates the night sky with her, listening to her words and descriptions with a genuine interest. For him the night time was the perfect cut of time to get lost in his thoughts or listen to music to get some inspirations, nothing to admire directly as tonight. Perhaps from this day on he'll surely start to look up more to the starry nights.

When she slipped from his hold, his attention returned on her with a questioning glance, until the topic fell on music. He wasn't much surprised from who she asked for regarding a proper song for tonight to dance with.

Ah, girls, the best Investigations ever he noted amused in his mind.

When the piano piece of Debussy started to play, his eyes widened. It struck him deeply inside his most sensitive area of the soul. He then closed his eyes to hum the first notes and solmisating, with ethereal movements of his left hand, the three quarter beat of the piece. After the first few notes, it rested on the right shoulder of Viola, while the other gripped around her waist, holding her against him with the same attention he gives to his instruments, and a rhythm was found almost immediately on his steps.

Soon after she whispered to him, he opened his eyes and looked down at her with a solar expression irradiating his face, blissful. He couldn't ask for something better than this from her.

"This is... this is truly a lovely surprise, Viola. Believe me or not, I somehow wished to know how it felt to dance with this piece on. Thanks for giving me this pleasure." He replied back to her, a tender whisper in her ear as he held her a bit more tight around the waist, a glimpse of a hug he'll surely give her once the loving yet short piece will be over.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Shinku Tenshi
 Posted: Aug 6 2018, 11:48 PM

Advanced Member

The soulful music radiating through the earbuds seemed to enlighten the duo as Viola took her position in front of Youri, her hands on his waist and left shoulder to mirror his placement. His pleasure in her surprise made her skin crawl with goosebumps and her inner self screaming in celebration of a successful evening thus far.

He loves it, HE REALLY LOVES IT! AHHHH! Kayoko, I owe you for this!

Her cheeks were uncontrollably flushed the entire time he had hold of her, the excitement visibly showing through her smile and expression. The two did what came natural to them, swaying back and forth, moving slowly to the rhythm of the music, adding a slow rotation to their steps once Viola became acquainted to the feel of his hands and movements. She wanted to add more to the dance as it continued, but didn't due to her only fear: ruining the moment. This was something she wanted to preserve in her memories as pleasant, well-received, and good overall. And, thank goodness, it seemed he was enamored.

The two continued the silent swaying and rotation for the duration of the song, her eyes never leaving his, inching closer to his body for the waltz's end. She knew the piece was short and didn't want it to stop. She completely forgot the world around her looking into Youri's eyes; the school, the dance, everything. Nothing mattered, but the dancing between them. Viola began to wonder if maybe this is what it felt like to love someone. She had encounters with other guys before that seemed similar, but this one was different. It was deeper, purer. It wasn't clear to her yet what made him stand out beyond his boldness and pride, but she knew what she felt. She barely knew Youri beyond a couple small conversations and his nature, but Viola was ready to delve deeper and find out who he was on the inside.

The waltz came to a climatic end, with a moment of higher notes keyed in drawing to a rest to end the movement. This was it. What seemed like an eternity locked in bliss with Youri was ending. She pressed into his body with a gentle hug, wrapping her arms around his back. Viola wasn't ready to let go yet, but waited to see what his reaction to the ending would be. Would he ask for another dance? Maybe sit and talk for a while, then another? With the information Kayoko gave her, she had other songs lined up if the mood played out according to her plans. But she realized that there would have to be time to relax and talk; love is great, but means nothing if you know nothing about who your heart is set out for. Viola held to him in a hug and waited to see what his response would be as the final note drifted from the earbuds and the music stopped.

--------------------
Viola Konishi
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Aug 9 2018, 04:20 PM

Bugei Adventurer

His heart felt at peace while he danced with Viola to the Valse's notes echoing pleasantly in the shared earbuds. Now he understood what Kayoko once taught him to live the moment: now, here, forever.
He let those words echoing in his head some times before the music stopped at last, his attention already captured by the sudden hug of Viola. Somehow it stole his breath, although it wasn't even too strong nor tight, it just happened. Politely he returned the embrace, warm and comfortable, and he rested his head on the bare right shoulder of the girl. He sighed deeply, inebriated by her pleasant aura of daintiness and purity.
Calmly he passed to rest his hands on her shoulders to detach her off him enough to see her loving face again.

"Hey, I still can't thank you enough. You're a precious girl, whoever is with you is truly blessed, family and friends alike." He commented with a beaming smile directed at her.
After a brief pause lost in her eyes, his cheeks mildly colored with a new hue of blush, hardly hidden this one.

Easy Youri, don't make her feel uncomfortable, you're not that kind of guy he thought as he diverted his gaze from her again to look elsewhere before he did a step back from her.

"So, do you have other songs you'd like to dance with? Or you have other surprises in your sleeves?" He playfully asked as he returned his hands in the pockets of his brown jacket.
Whatever she wanted to do at this point, he was more than glad to continue.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY