Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 08/05/2018 The school dance is still ongoing as the seasonal news report reveals that a large ship has left England and is moving towards Edo!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Plans in motion..., Ukiyo
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 01:38 PM

Elite Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 81

Awards: None

The room is largely quiet, for the most part. Here, at the location of the Art Club, one corner was taken up by several papers, pencils, and measuring tools. At first glance, it all appeared to be a bunch of to-scale diagrams of a room and human characteristics. What room and what person? It was unlabeled, a careful eye would be able to tell that it was the auditorium for the school. Sitting among these materials with a post-it note on his shoulder was Roshi Bento.

As far as most people who knew Roshi could tell, the young artist was a right and proper goofball, but the truth of it was...even though that was true, that isn't ALL there was to him. He had gone through alot of changes. Since the beginning, he'd lost friends and regained one of them when it turned out she wasn't dead, he'd been to dangerous missions and war, he'd loved and he was currently not sure what the status of that was. But does the possibility of a turn-down bring down this guy? Hell no! He didn't sit there in some kind of personal stew. He was planning a grand act for all to see.

It's what he did. It's what it's like to be Roshi. Much of what he planned was completed now. He'd gotten the help he needed AND the materials, but there was one thing missing. This was going to be the best thing ever, but even if he did that, he needed one more thing. No, check that. It wasn't a thing at all. It was a person... Roshi pulled the post-it note off of his shoulder, looking it over.
  • Rent Nice Suit
  • Make Long Cape
  • Get Zipline
  • Find A Date
That last one... Nobu was already asking Suishoku to the dance. He didn't know who else to ask. He didn't feel comfortable asking Makoto or Mirai. He wasn't going to ask Kurome - provided he could find the ninja-girl - even if Kai wasn't in town. Too much respect for those two. He wasn't sure that this was Tagami's scene either. He could be wrong, but it didn't seem likely to him. Roshi had to think about this. He knew a number of girls, but the ones he knew on the personal level weren't going to work out.

He pulled out his phone and logged into the Bugei's site. Generally, when he wanted to find something out about someone at the school, there was easy-to-find information publically available, or at least to other students. He wasn't sure how it worked, except that it did. There had to be someone who would fit the bill. To match Nobu at his game, he needed someone at the Noble level, but who? Roshi ran a check according to some of his own interests and...hmmm. 'Sanada, Hana'...a member of the Cultural Club. Wait. That was like...next door.

SHOOM! Roshi was fast, as is, but after the Edo War with the Ikko Ikki, he put himself through some personal training to focus his improvisational performance into real skill. The papers scattered as he leapt to his feet and thrust the door open, literally dashing to the Cultural Club room... He almost literally screeched to a halt and slid open the door with a sudden whirl, a spin in place. Roshi looked inside, giving any viewer a look at this casually-dressed Roshi getting a look in this room, perhaps for the first time.

"Hiyo! Is Hana in today?"

--------------------
PM
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 02:57 PM

Bugei Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 143

"Yeah," A voice rang through the room, not thunderous in any way, but echoing in contrast to the silence of the clubroom. Not dissimilar from a traditional castle room in any way. The Cultural Club lay adorned intricately with music and art, sprawling backward for centuries of history and references. And there, positioned carefully in a seiza, was Hana in the center of it all.

"Is there..." She paused, giving an unnerved chuckle at the strange newcomer. Her fingers finally setting down the small cup of Gyokuro with a rattle. "A-anything I can help you with?" Bowing, she gave a smile regardless.

"Ah, what caused you to make an entrance like that, did something happen?" She continued, playing her role in the club to the fullest. No matter her prowess in battle, Hana was still a Princess. Her hair flowed ethereally, melding against the floor like a river of milk and her eyes, soft but ominous were the crimson moon incarnate. Without the fancy relics and battle scars, she was more like a Heian painting, or perhaps it was the jūnihitoe.

"ああ、待って、私はあなたを知っています!"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 03:30 PM

Elite Member

The immediate answer was heard, but for this one moment...Roshi had gone straight into artistic mode. It was inevitable, really. The room's decorations were bound to engage such a reaction. His gaze was on this thing, that thing, and the next in rapid succession, taking the room in by way of sudden bursts of its interior to the brain! He had been looking all over the place, and at her as well, and he seemed to like what he saw.

These painting...!

This music...!

That period clothing...!

HOW HAVE I NEVER BEEN IN HERE BEFORE?!

Unconsciously, Roshi stepped inside the room, still looking around the room, at least until Hana spoke again, catching his attention once more. She definitely appeared to fit in this setting that the Cultural Club had put together. Taken off guard, he looked at her properly now and...okay, if she was trying to impress him, it worked. This was perfect. Even with her sudden announcement that she knew him - or knew OF him - Roshi's next words were...

"I want to paint this so bad..."

Then, he shook his head vigorously, like he was trying to overcome ths spell upon him. It was strong, but he managed to bring himself to his senses. The plans, Roshi! Remember your plans! He recovered.

"I do want to paint this, but I actually came in here for another reason."

He closed the door behind him now. Leaving it open was rude. He came over and sat down before her.

"I'm glad that you know who I am. It makes this much easier for me, though right now I wish I knew more of you beforehand, other than the basics."

He was being polite and complimentary, not simply because he was about to ask what he was or because Hana was nobility. No no... Nobuyori calling him Senpai, despite his status, eliminated that kind of nervous divide. No, he was actually blown away by all that he saw here, with this elegant girl in the middle of it all.

"Nevertheless...I'm making plans to do something special for the Dance that is upcoming. It would be nice if I had someone to go with, though. What I'm saying is...do you dance, Hana? Or at least...would you like to?"

--------------------
PM
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 04:06 PM

Bugei Student

She...gave him time, he made her think twice about such a strange boy in the room. Had she not the slightest clue of who he was, it would've perplexed her more to have him there.

"I- would not mind?" Before this point in time, she thought he only appeared so vivid in his performances, but this proved otherwise. Such a lively, brilliant disposition came naturally for him it seemed. "That's actually, very nice of you to say," Hana might've had portraits of herself painted as memorabilia in the past, but never before had an artist ask for her attention in a random spike like this.

Folding her hands so her wrists remained hidden, Hana blended perfectly into her role, well aware of all the silly but 'beautiful' etiquette she had to follow as a member of this club.

"Yes, and what reason is that?" She murmured, pausing to sip her tea before it had gone cold. Soon enough, she poured him the last of it in the ornate teapot as well. "Ah, for you, it's alright to not drink any but it would be inappropriate for me to not serve you in this setting."

"Hmm, I don't believe we've met in person before, but, continue," What exactly could he know about her, apart from her status and perhaps her fighting prowess, most students did not care for her as a noble, but rather an opponent, given her namesake, after all.

"Ah, oh..." She stiffened for a moment, eyes widened in quick succession. "I wasn't planning to go originally, but I do want to see what you had planned, I haven't danced in a very long time though, I apologize." Shrugging, she gave a sheepish smile, embarrassed at the fact. "That is a yes, by the way, I think it'll be interesting, like our first encounter with the Chinese!"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 05:25 PM

Elite Member

Roshi was like some kind of animate character in living, human form. He seemed to exude an energy not thought possible for normal people to possess. And was he a Scion or gifted with any special powers? None whatsoever! He was just a strikingly energetic boy with an eye for detail and a talent for art. Well, that's what everybody knows. Did you hear about Roshi Bento that did the thing in the thing? That's how it goes.

Nobody knows the true form of Roshi now.

At this point, there wouldn't be any second thoughts or inner monologues about how to approach a situation. He knew what he was doing, even if this setting - this girl - surprised him. He knew Hana to be a clan leader, Scion, and so on...but he was the secret elite, and with that knowledge...we go. The thing of it is, though, Roshi recognized what was happening here. She was in-character, and she was quite good. This was a good time. In fact, he'd made it in time for tea, which he graceously accepted with a bow of the head while seated, taking the cup with both hands.

"My thanks. I shall indeed drink, for I've been working for what seems like hours."

It might've been hours. He had a habit of not really checking the time during these things, because the anxious feeling of time running out is not something he liked to deal with. He drank. At first, one might think that such an exciteable character would have it down with one gulp, but he knew how to act, to maintain decorum, as well. That said, while he was listening to her speak, it seemed like she was interested, and then she mentioned the arrival of the Chinese...which is when his head nodded rapidly.

"Ah, so you were there, as well. Yes, I figured we at least went to some of the same functions. Let me detail what it is that I am going to do. It's not going to be like I was at the pier before the ships, clad in false armor. This is a formal affair, after all."

As stated, he knew decorum. He just...didn't always pay it any head. This time, however, was very different. This time, he was going to take this dance by storm.

"I will gladly help you to dance. I have been working very hard to train myself, of late. I didn't even know this was coming, yet I'm very much ready for it. However, to begin with...I plan to challenge Nobuyori to a dance-off."

Big mischievous smile, there.

"Nobu and I are friends, and before anything else, I want to pit my moves against his own. It will be glorious. With that said, though..."

He took a sip of his tea.

"That was about as far as I got. It's a great opening act, but I don't have anyone I feel would be available or up for this, after the fact. I was only next door, thinking of this, when I decided to look online and I suddenly realized...the answer may be right next door. Have you ever felt such a moment, being so close that you have to literally chase after what you seek?"

He indicated their surroundings.

"This place is well-done, worthy of praise, your part in it no-less so. I would be honored to take you to the dance, not simply due to your position, but because you so-well immerse yourself in such a thing."

It is a fact that those who learn to act that weren't the best of social people tend to learn to be social through their study of performance and acting. Welcome to the results.

--------------------
PM
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 06:04 PM

Bugei Student

Roshi had been a topic of interest between her and the headmaster a few times over, of course, not in any form of negative light, but rather, an avid appreciation amongst other things. One thing that still stood out to her, even now, was that the man had the wits to warn about Roshi, for he was changing just as much as everyone else had been. Again, not in a negative light at all.

Even with the other more excitable heritage of her lineage at the forefront of her life. Hana was still feminine nobility, to an extent, and that made her ladylike no matter her scars or musculature. Acting in such a way came to her like a second nature because it was indeed, her first nature, chronologically.

Bowing her head, she smiled, "I don't expect you to ask me to play something for you," Chuckling softly, she put the teacup away. It was- nice that, even with the tasks of reality at hand, Roshi was willing to play a part in the cultural clubs rules, regulations and wishes.

"I see, correct me if I'm wrong-" She gestured with her hands, graceful limbs so beautiful and so deadly at the same time. "But your performance is going to be one of class, that's what you're looking for yes?"

"And so you only planned to a specific checkpoint, well aware it would or wouldn't work," Hana concluded, clasping her hands at a low angle so as to still obey the etiquette of the room. "I like your confidence, Roshi!"

Her soul-rending vermillion eyes gleamed like two blood moons at midnight, teeming with interest and...possible admiration even. She adored the artist's spirit it seemed, he was much refreshing than a few she'd encountered here.

"Hmm, I can agree with that," She muttered, seeming to look right through Roshi for even a second. "But when you say that, I think of not only the school but life as well. We're all chasing for something we desire, only some realize it is so close, while others see it a mile away." Smiling softly, she waited for Roshi to finish his tea.

"Thank you very much," Hana nodded, she hoped Roshi would acknowledge that this side of her would not be the one he saw on the battlefield. "My only question is, when do we begin practice?"

---

Moby Dick

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Moby Dick
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 11:33 PM

Elite Member

The dance was formal, but would it necessarily be one of class? To an extent, one expected. Roshi had to think on that one. He wasn't in charge of organizing the dance. He merely had plans for it, plans which he hoped to come to fruition.

"I must confess, how classy this challenge will be largely depends on what the band will play. I hope to get helpful suggestions from those who are there, as it will be a test of skill. In the end, it may be down to Nobu and myself, but I know that we will not put our clothing through more than they can handle."

You have to know your limitations, realize that it is simply not done to perform any such move that would render damage to one's own attire. Having said this, he allowed Hana to speak her peace, nodding his understanding that it is not just school life where one would so suddenly feel compelled to chase what was not realized to have been so close, so within reach.

"It is true, in life. Believe me, I've had my eyes opened so much, you would think I could see the back of my own head."

His tea was gradually consumed and finished. The point of tea time was not merely the drinking of tea, but to relax and be at home with one's atmosphere, to speak and be at ease with one another. And yes, even to make odd joke. Roshi was happy to have found Hana to be willing to join him in the school dance. Now, all they needed to do was prepare her for it.

"Soon, I hope, your schedule permitting. The dance is upcoming, after all. I think we can bedazzle them. What do you think?"

He gave off a knowing smile, well-aware that if Hana could perform well, she could certainly dance well. And if she was well-trained in combat, her feet would be well-suited for complicated movement. He knew that HIS had certainly adapted!

--------------------
PM
^
UKIYO
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 12:17 PM

Bugei Student

"Then if you want to pull this presentation off, I suggest you speak to the coordinators of the ball," She simpered, satisfied with his determination. Hana herself only knew a few dances befitting of such an event; Quickstep, Viennese Waltz, and Foxtrot- but it wouldn't make sense to know those and not the music which they would be dancing to.

She brightened significantly at Roshi's acceptance of her analogy. To this day, only the headmaster, and perhaps Junko of all people, seemed to understand that Hana seemed to have some...deviating views on humour that only grew more eccentric by the second. "I'm aware of that, dance is a much more complicated art form than fight. I'm only worried that I may forget that during the performance," Sheepishly, she gave a half-smile. That would've been the absolute worse case scenario.

"I'm sure no one will mind if any spar and club meetings are postponed in this time, thank you for inviting me Roshi," Rising to her feet moments after he'd finished his tea, Hana bowed, before kneeling once more to ceremonially put away all the tea ornaments into an ornate box.

"That concludes the Cultural Club's opening hours now, I hope we'll have lots of fun."

---

end.

---

Moby Dick

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY