Sengoku Horizon

Look towards the Horizon

The Warring States Period: Fierce warlords fought for control of Japan, and many would perish. When a warrior falls, where does the passion they once held go? Possibly into something dear such as a favorite weapon or heirloom. These heirlooms have been labeled as “relics”, and those that carry them are labeled as “Scions." Recently more and more of these special relics have been activating, signaling the start of a great change as ancient power meets the modern world!

Now For The Local News, 06/01/2018 The Chinese delegation have now arrived at the city of Edo. Making friends and learning about Edo Culture is their current aim! In other news it is also time for the school dance event! Please bring your characters along!

Search the Site Announcements Guide Book Rules Quick Start Guide Character Creation Plotting Section Open Threads Missions Shop Chat Area Advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

.03 Interview:
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 11:33 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

LDYWHTE

It had been a long time since the interview series had taken place. After all, Edo Bugei had been involved in a year long struggle against the Ikko Ikki both in and out of the public eye. However, as things had started settling down infamous senior reporter Fukushima Kosaka had not only survived but fully planned to restart her series!

Everyone's favorite brown haired, hazel eyed master reporter had found a promising crop of new targets and full intended to dive into her new interview series! With my awesome red and blue detective uniform, super cute blue colored panda bag, and amazing penmanship!
user posted image

Kosaka: "EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! YOU TWO! THE SOTAN TWINS! My name is Kosaka, I'm with the school newspaper. Do you have a minute I'd really love to interview you for an upcoming editorial we are writing!"

The girl was well known in Edo Bugei as a master journalist and was currently approaching the twins at top speed, pen and paper in hand ready to get the latest scoop! The two had made a lot of noise lately as being two adorable twins that had recently joined the ranks of Edo Bugei's first year students.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori
The stuck up clan lord who defends the people.

Tagami Yumiko
The adorable poet girl who hates war.

Katayama, Masato
A strategist bent on changing the world.
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 04:35 PM

Bugei Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Just when they thought they were done with the morning classes to enjoy the midday break, the two felt shaken by the blaring yet cheerful voice of the girl from behind. The taller boy was the first to turn in reaction, ready with his hands up to push her back if she would've been too close or even crashed on them. Neither one of those outcomes happened in the end, so he returned those in his pockets and raised an eyebrow.

"Interview? Ah, how... lovely I guess..?" Youri awkwardly said with an even more awkward grin forming on his face as he stared Kosaka.

Incredible how we sorta became quite interesting here already. And newspaper of the Edo Bugei? Oh man... he thought as he examined a second time the young reporter in career. The Sotan Twins, he sorta liked the title that she had given to them honestly.

"An interview for our newspaper, да--I mean yes! Why not?" Kayoko beamed all excited instead as she enjoyed interviews, more than her reclusive brother.

Both seemed to give a mild approvation to be interviewed for the Academy then.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 09:03 AM

Administrator

Both seemed willing to be interviewed, which was a nice change of pace compared to other recent interview she had conducted. She looked at the two up and down and made sure to herself that this was whom she wanted to interview. With a strong nod she made sure she had her pen and paper in hand.

"Thank you so much! Well, my name is Fukushima Kosaka and I am a local reporter. The school news paper would really like to talk to you and get to know you more. We would also like to post this interview on the school's website so that others can learn more about you." she said in response as she pulled out various journalism tools such as her hand notebook, a voice recorder, and two small spiral notebooks of paper as she flipped though one for her serious of questions and the twin's names written at the top of the page.

"Alright, so, Lets start with the basic shall we?"
Question 1: What province are you from?
Question 2: How do you both feel about life at Edo Bugei?
Question 3: Do you like living in Edo?
Question 4: What clubs are you in?
Question 5: What clubs do you never want to join?

Of course she already knew what clubs they where a part of. However, her listeners may not and for that she needed to get them clear answers to her questions.

LDYWHTE

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 03:39 PM

Bugei Student

Over the matter of having this interview shared also in the school site, Youri's lips tilted to a side before the lower part got bitten lightly. If the two wouldn't spoil anything about their Russian side, it would be the best, or else they'll ask not to include such detail yet.

"Ahem... sure?" He muttered as he returned a sheepish smile to Kosaka.

Kayoko was the first to reply at last with a bright, naive smile.

"We come from Fushimi, a part of Kyoto." The first answer was clearly a simple one in which both could confirm.

"I feel very welcomed and comfortable! The place is amazing and the people too, although I know that we have much more to know and many more people to meet!" Kay replied the second question, Youri nodded in agreement with his sister.

The third was a little more complicated, for this Youri decided to reply. "Honestly we still need to explore further Edo, but for what we've heard and seen I feel that this is a very cool place."

At the fourth the two giggled. "Sadly none." They almost responded unison.

"But I'd be interested to join a Club where we play instruments, or something like that." Youri added with a hum.

The fifth was rather simple, and so both gave their personal answer.

"I would never join Clubs around wars and battles in general, although I wouldn't mind some basic tactical stuffs." Kayoko said.

"Hm, maybe just the ones around Interactive Lectures, never been a good reader nor a good listener." Youri concluded at last.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 07:52 PM

Administrator

Kosaka listened gleefully to the replies from the twins as they answered her questions. All of the replies seemed very clear and to the point. Though the twins managed an answer, it was a bit slow and Kosaka realized she should probably slow the questions down, at least a little bit.
"Alright, next set of questions then!" Kosaka said excitedly.

"Question 6: Who are you close to in the academy?
Question 7: Is there anyone you wish you knew better?
Question 8: Do you have anyone you look up to here? Staff, students, etc.?"

She then gave them a bit of time before the next two.

"Question 9: Do you have any staff you dislike?
Question 10: Do you ever wish you could go to a different country?"

Her questions seemed extremely direct but she really wanted to learn about her interview subjects.This way she would gradually lead to more difficult questions about the school. Asking simple questions about Edo Bugei and the city around it made her feel as though she could slowly get past whatever outer shell they may have had. She realized a lot of students had become more guarded since the clash with the Ikko Ikki last year and was trying to take a slightly softer approach to her style. She had also read online that if you start off with tough questions it will put people on the defensive right away and they won't answer further questions as well as they normally would.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 08:00 AM

Bugei Student

"Uhm, unfortunately I am pretty shy, so I don't have much close friends here... but I know a girl who I really respect, her name is Bu!"

"..." Youri looked a bit embarrassed, but he shrugged and gave the answer anyway. "I feel quite close to a Scion here by the name of Viola. Nothing... special."

The next question was simple, they almost answered without any double checks in their heads.

"The Chinese Students in primis, then I'd like to talk again to Ms. Kumori, I wonder what she can teach me more about the Tea Ceremony!" Kay cheered, while Youri was more focused on other people to know more.

"I'd be interested to know more the Professors and the Masters here."

The Interview was again very pleasant, noticeable by how Kayoko reacted to the rest of the questions.

"Oh, I do! Bu is a really tough and strong girl! I wanna be like her!"

"Hmm, none in particular, let's say that I always look after this kiddo here." Youri joked with a smirk as he ruffled a bit the head of his sister, whom huffed annoyed.

"Ugh, thanks bro--!"

The two eventually took a short break, diligently waiting for the next row of Questions of Kosaka.

"The Staff? The 'high-up' here looks all quite... menacing, in a good way. No feelings of hate, just awe."
Kayoko nodded with a little worried frown, agreeing that the staff members looked all like real Elites to be solely respected.

The last question - for now - caught them a little umprepared. The two were still young and very attached to their homeland, but again only Youri seemed the confident one in his answers.

"Well yeah, I'd like to go to Europe, where I don't know, but I'll have time to think about."

"No, I want to remain here in Japan." Kayoko said with a firm tone.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 22 2018, 07:23 PM

Administrator

Kosaka couldn't help but smile at the twin's answers to her questions. They both felt so full of life and kind. They enthusiastically answered her questions and seemed to get along shockingly well for being siblings. Though they clearly had their differences, primarily in that one seemed happy in Japan and the other wished to travel the world. Instead of continuing to ask about the school or it's staff, she decided to ask the twins a few questions that struck more close to home. Both of them didn't seem to have been separated from their hometown for very long, given they where both first years. So she figured it would be a good place to go with her line of questioning.

11. What is your home town like?
12. Do you still talk with a lot of people from back home?
13. Do you wish anyone from home had come to Edo Bugei?
14. Would you ever show other around your home?

She was now considerably more curious than when the interview had started. The twins both seemed so willing to be interviewed and so full of life that it made the conversation flow very easily, something she was decidedly thankful for.

Looking at them she couldn't help but wonder how the two would end up shaping the Bugei. While they obviously seemed different, they also seemed very strong together and she was finding herself more and more curious by the minute. She was also sure her fans would enjoy this interview as well!

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Jun 23 2018, 11:30 AM

Bugei Student

Youri hummed and answered first. "We live in one of the eleven wards of Kyoto's city, Fushimi."

"It's pretty cool there! We can visit the Toyotomi Castle, the Inari Shrine, the Daigo-ji... oh! It's also near the sea!"

"And we are Japan's number one for sake production." Youri concluded with an amused chuckle.

The points on their family seemed an important question to Kayoko, but filled with many "patches" here and there to keep some privacy that they've promised to keep. "Mum and dad are the first, sometimes our grandparents, rarely our cousins."

Alyosha and other of our cousins as Bugei Students? Kayoko thought with a frown at the thirteenth question. An amusing yet serious question.
"Hmmm... not really? I mean, aside us, our cousins aren't much into the subjects of Edo Bugei, nor I've heard someone else of our family living in Japan having a Relic too, so I don't believe that someone of our family aside us will join the Academy."

The fourtheenth stole her a smile at last. "Sure! Why not? Our home is very comfortable and can fit at least four guests--"

"Only the closest ones of course, we have yet to be much more confident here." Youri cutted shortly the enthusiasm of Kayoko with a scolding tone lingering in the chill attitude.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
Nobuyumi
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 07:03 PM

Administrator

The more Kosaka listened the more she started to understand. It was clear that what made Jinn so unique was their pure hearts. It seemed that the Bugei's structured learning environment wasn't horribly constraining for them, and that while they where different than the other students, they still fit in well to the Bugei.
"I hope some day you will show me around! I really want to see your city!" she said to them with a large smile.
"We are almost at the end of the questions, and I think you both for participating. Here are the next three" with that she thought through her list of questions. Trying to ask things that would hopefully keep the pair interested.

"15. So do you have any favorite areas of Japan besides your hometown?
16. Do you two ever pretend to be one another like in twins manga?
17. Do you ever argue about which of you is your parent's favorite?"

She thought all three would be very good questions that directly dealt with the twin's personalities. The twins where shy seeming at first, but very kind and talkative once they opened up a little So being the intrepid reporter she was, Kosaka figured it best to ask questions that would align more with their personal lives since they seemed to enjoy talking about themselves and their ambitions.

--------------------
Azai Nobuyori

Tagami Yumiko

Katayama, Masato
PMEmail
^
LDYWHTE
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:29 am

Bugei Student

"We'll be more than flattered to do so!" Kay chirped happily and Youri nodded in response, giving to her the same security that both would be happy to be her "Tourist Guide" one day or another.
Aside the momentary break with this little change of topic, the two returned again available for the next rows of Questions.

"Uji! I fell in love with that area, and maybe I'd be willed to live there if I'll ever have the possibility, who knows!"

The security of Kayoko made Youri hesitant for a moment.
"Hmm, none in particular, but I might say that Tokyo rocks. Very lively, very clean, it's a nice place to be with friends, or so some said to me."

The second question was more embarrassing than anything else.

"Impossible, of course." Youri giggled at the second question. "With all due respect I don't look like a girl, nor I'd like to wear the kimonos of my sister, I'd break them with a single motion."

Kayoko agreed with a giggle, thinking how weird would she feel to wear the fundoshi of her brother. Plus their eyes were "different" as well as their hair colors, not to mention the timid height difference in the way. They'd waste time and money to appear like their counterpart.

The last question made both of them to frown at one another, that was another strange yet delicate question, but they seemed confident nonetheless.

"I am the favourite of my mum." Kayoko replied with a hint of good pride. No wonder why she receieved the Relic from her.

"And I am the favourite of my father, but neither of them are treated 'inferior', we just find ourselves in balance generally. So no, we never argued about." Youri concluded, glad that he felt the most "Occidental" of the two thanks to him.

--------------------
Kayoko Sotan
"My arm for a pillow,
I really like myself
under the hazy moon
" -Yosa Buson

Youri Sotan
"The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
" -Matsuo Basho
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by bonbon.
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Summers Past Wicked Wonderland Rpg-Directory Panda Directory Below The Sun Distant Fantasies Seicho No Hana World of Remnant Fairy Tail Guild FORCED HEROES UNBOUND HEART SIGH Pandora Those Among Us Together We Fall fate/breaking chains Chaos Theory Rise of the Believers Valar Dohaeris Love Hina Generation This Too Shall Pass Terrasphere CONFESSIONS Chroniques de la Dynastie le Roi Soleil Piori Incantatem Renascence ALOHOMORA | A NON-CANON HARRY POTTER RP Prismatic Megalomania Catch-22 Break The Wheel BROKEN BONES & DIAL TONES! To Be Unmade: A marvel infinity war rp Celestial Gateway Academy Seito Institute AGE OF KINGS LOREM IPSUM SAVE ME Pokemon Horizons Imagine Fairy Tail Our Heroes and Villains EVENT HORIZON The Duality of Man LOVE TALK AEIPATHY